Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't recall gootecks saying anything since his face was removed from pogchamp in January

From what I understand he hated that his face was used for that. 

Edit: damn seems like I missed a dustup in here. Guess that's what I get for not jumping on here at lunch 😆 Anyone want to give me a rundown of what I missed? 

Edited by DoctaMario

Arturo told me that everyone makes mistakes and I've learned from mine.  I told him briefly about the recent BFTG mishap but I didn't mention anything about the anti-Semitism because I don't want to make it seem like I'm using him as a venting board.  Besides if any of those nitwits bring that energy to Summer Jam I'll just reiterate they can kiss my Hebrew National behind and then go to Big E about it, and that'll be the swift end of any of that.

The only way I'm getting cancelled is if I'm in prison or if I'm dead.  No one is stopping me from reaching my potential except myself, and I've got my eye on the prize...so drop by tomorrow and let's watching some SFVCE before the new characters drop!

The fact that Akuma's CA has rather slow startup, is basically just a fireball and doesn't make him fully invincible results in some cool interactions from time to time. I traded with it by using Poison EX overhead for a double KO in a game before, that was some epileptic stuff.

So I've recently been getting back into playing beat em ups. The Streets of Rage 4 update has been getting most of my time. It's legit some of the most fun I've had in awhile.

Anyway, to further get my fix, I went back to the X-Men Arcade game. I remember being so addicted to that game. Especially in the Arcade.

After finishing the first 2 stages, I had to turn it off. That shyt was really putting me to sleep.

I need that Revenge of Shredder asap.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
4 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

So I've recently been getting back into playing beat em ups. The Streets of Rage 4 update has been getting most of my time. It's legit some of the most fun I've had in awhile.

Anyway, to further get my fix, I went back to the X-Men Arcade game. I remember being so addicted to that game. Especially in the Arcade.

After finishing the first 2 stages, I had to turn it off. That shyt was really putting me to sleep.

I need that Revenge of Shredder asap.

I think there's something to playing those Konami beat em ups in a noisy arcade that smells like fried food where you're slapping the shit out of the buttons that doesn't translate as well when you play them in other places. 

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

Been messing around with Kolin a bit and man her heavy buttons are some top tier stuff. I actually have a rookie account setup that i was planning to use and try and learn some Akira a bit while streaming  but i may go for Kolin for the lols. Or eh....both...

I still believe Kolin is overall the best SFV newcomer  they added when you factor in story / gameplay / visuals combined . Kinda funny how even though she is basically Gill's secretary she does not feel like a jobber at all compared to let's say Necalli who is supposed to be some almighty ancient power but feels  underwhelming. 

kolin-street-fighter.gif

One of the things that fighting games have lost with its newcomers are representatives of actual fighting styles.  Tekken used to be great about it but around the time Tekken 5 came out they became worse and worse with real fighting styles and quickly lost the plot from that point onwards.  Street Fighter was becoming like that by the time SSF2 rolled around, but Kolin is a refreshing return to form with her ROSS-esque fighting style and more traditional strikes and holds

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Skort

Welcome to the club fam. We just need @TWINBLADES_SRKto sign off on your membership 😉

Juri , Laura and Poison i play the most and it won't change but eh i'll mess around with others as well from time to time.   

Honestly i really like to use Kolin's air counter because it reminds me of Gouken's counter ( i loved that move ) it's the  main reason i try to learn her at least from some casual matches from time to time.

Main reason indeed.

Spoiler

a8gle1es70s41.jpg?auto=webp&s=7d2baf4aa4

Edited by Skort
8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

One of the things that fighting games have lost with its newcomers are representatives of actual fighting styles.  Tekken used to be great about it but around the time Tekken 5 came out they became worse and worse with real fighting styles and quickly lost the plot from that point onwards.  Street Fighter was becoming like that by the time SSF2 rolled around, but Kolin is a refreshing return to form with her ROSS-esque fighting style and more traditional strikes and holds

IIRC Kolin and Marie Rose (DOA) are the only Systema practitioners in fighting games right now.

These guys were speculating a SF 6 launch roster and this is what they came up with. 

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-08-15-17-10-45-5

Apparently the story will involve time travel and the sorts but i still think that roster is way off. Way too many world warriors and i really do not see both Bison and Nash returning ( at least for the main roster ) since they both died in SFV, even if the story involves time travel.

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

These guys were speculating a SF 6 launch roster and this is what they came up with. 

Apparently the story will involve time travel and the sorts but i still think that roster is way off. Way too many world warriors and i really do not see both Bison and Nash returning ( at least for the main roster ) since they both died in SFV, even if the story involves time travel.

If you want to speculation. Well good speculation, go to our story thread. Whether they are off the mark are not, you'll actually learn things about the cast of SFV. Velociraptor is great at banners but this isn't his lane.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
19 minutes ago, Skort said:

For initial roster

I don't think Sagat and Dhalsim would return in the initial roster probably DLC later

There a chance that Feilong and Nash won't be returning for awhile

Sakura and Karin is likely for DLC

What I expect for SF6 initial roster

Ryu, Chun li, Ken, Juri, Guile, Zangief, Bison, Cammy, Vega, New

Luke, Kolin, Makoto, Ibuki, Elena, Hugo, Falke, Akira, Rose, New