Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

On the topic of top player fandom, I don't see the difference between this and some people asking Michael Jordan to sign their basketball or someone asking Roger Federer to sign a tennis ball. I realise eSports and the FGC in particular is back-alley levels of popularity in comparison, but if someone wants a nice little physical anecdote I don't see the issue. I have a couple of signed videogmes in my collection that mean a lot to me. I don't put Kamiya, Koshiro and Suda51 on a pedestral but it was a cool moment meeting them in the flesh and having a reminder about that on the shelf.

I think what gamers in general just need to do a bit more is stay level-headed. I feel like every time any topic comes up it's either the best thing ever or total garbage. Which extends to the top player thing. It's this social media hype mentality where one side is eating it up and going full 110% while the contrarians go the other way to balance it out. It's exhausting. You can like and apreciate stuff in a healthy way without coming across like a 8 year old fighting the Nintendo vs. SEGA argument of his life in the schoolyard.

Anyway.

About Cammy's butt, I wonder how they're going to handle that in SF6. I don't think I'm telling anyone anything new when I say that there's abeen a certain shift in recent years. I think a redesign is inevitable but I hope they can still kind of squeeze the classic outfit as an alternate through the cracks (pun very much intended).

At least Fortnite shows how not to do it.

Inspired by classic arcade fighting game series from industry greats such as Capcom and SNK, Blazing Strike evokes the excitement and nostalgia of 2D pixel art genre pioneers while incorporating a unique games system with modern mechanics.

Blazing Strike features a four-button system with six normal attacks: light, medium and heavy punches and kicks, as well as three defense moves: block, guard and parry. A Rush Trigger enables fighters to execute fast-paced attacks and movements, but using it will slowly drain the Rush Meter, sending the character into a temporary groggy state. This allows players to execute exciting combos while having to manage the Rush Meter. The game will include three play modes: Story Mode, Arcade Mode, and VS Mode, with training, sparring, and online match via Persona AI, and online play powered by GGPO.

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

That looks amazing.

How does the control scheme works though? Four buttons with light, medium and heavy punches and kicks? Or did they mean that there's light punch, medium punch, heavy punch and heavy kick?

I’m wondering if it’s like MVC2 where it’s mostly used in combos and pressing LP, LP = LP, MP

1 minute ago, delete_me said:

I've watched Highland Fireball earlier today beat an Akuma exclusively with AA DPs and one fireball in the first round but then lose the set when the game turned from being SFII to SFV.

You have a link to the VoD?

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Mind going into details? What's going on man?

They having Smash gg do all the heavy lifting as far as organizing things go. I'm suppose to check in and contact my opponent through it. Never been a fan of that site's interface. I hope the guy(s) I'm playing are on the discord channel because I don't want to know which menus smash chat features are buried under. 

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

it became like that having damage one when things starts to be organized here when facebook group had appearing, there are forums but not everyone here was into onine. filipino are very much into facebook for unknown reason.

sf2 snes tournament used also to be in average damage 4 which i used to join but latter on turned one.