Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

35 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What I expect for SF6 initial roster

Ryu, Chun li, Ken, Juri, Guile, Zangief, Bison, Cammy, Vega, New

Luke, Kolin, Makoto, Ibuki, Elena, Hugo, Falke, Akira, Rose, New

Seems like a better lineup than what Eventhubs suggested but some things still feel off  ( not necessarily bad, just unlikely ) a bit to me

•  Falke , while i like her  i question if she will return to another SF game , let alone the initial roster. Sadly ED seems to be the obvious choice if they wanna push the Neo Shadaloo story a bit further.But i can see why you added her, she fits that zoning character archetype that they may go after for gameplay variety so Guile will not be the only one.
  • Hugo + Gief in the initial roster also seems a bit of a stretch. Two big body grapplers. I would prefer if they add Laura instead of either Hugo or Gief so we do have two grapplers but not two big bodies.
  •  Akira , she cute but i do not see her in the launch roster of  SF6
  • Luke. The initial reception of him was not good for the most part. And he is the final character in SFV. If SF 6 will indeed be end of 2022 that's still a pretty short time for them to put Luke in our faces yet again in a new game ( i know Capcom hinted that he will expand the future  of the franchise but still feels like a underwhelming choice  to me personally ) .
Edited by Skort

There's no way Luke is going to be the only newcomer in SF6 like eventhubs thinks. Particularly as he won't even be a newcomer anymore at that point.

I doubt we'll ever see Falke or Ed as playable characters again. They're probably going to be story NPCs at the most. Akira seems more like a one-off to me and Capcom checking how big of a reaction she'd provoke (hopefully the positive reception leads to something in the future).

Not sure what the lineup could look like but I get the feeling they're going to trim down the world warriors quite a bit. Ryu and Chun are unavoidable, Ken and Akuma maybe as well but I could see the rest of them be missing from the launch lineup at least.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Apparently the story will involve time travel

Say sike right now. Even so much as mentioning time travel should automatically get you fired as a writer. It’s a shit tier plot device in 99% of fiction. I really wish these big companies would stop using it ffs.

That aside I’m not worried about SF6’s roster at all. SFV has a good set of newcomers I wouldn’t mind seeing in a new game and I like enough world warriors to not worry about having a main ever lol. If Ryu is in it I’ll play lol. 

Don’t expect to see Nash ever again and I’m actively hoping Vega is not in the game, but otherwise it’ll be fine.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

• Luke. The initial reception of him was not good for the most part. And he is the final character in SFV. If SF 6 will indeed be end of 2022 that's still a pretty short time for them to put Luke in our faces yet again in a new game ( i know Capcom hinted that he will expand the future  of the franchise but still feels like a underwhelming choice  to me personally ) .

In my crystal ball I see Capcom trying to do with Luke what they tried to do with Alex in SF3, i.e. make him the flagship character for that game only to have the fanbase go, "Nah." 

Edited by DoctaMario

My only slam dunk guesses for 6 at this point would be Luke, Ryu, Chun, and Dhalsim.

And Sim only makes the cut because he brings play style diversity that would be hard to port to some other character.  Unless it was like Sim Jr or something.

I'm honestly less interested in the cast than I am in the game mechanics though.  If I like the mechanics enough I'll find somebody on the cast I can make peace with.  

Edited by Reticently
18 minutes ago, Volt said:

Laura. 🇧🇷

S-Tier Martial Art Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu finally getting a rep.

Laura is my personal favorite of the SFV newcomers look wise. But i still think Kolin is the best newcomer overall if you factor in her actual role in the story as well, not just looks and gameplay.

But yes i do want Laura in SF 6 and she is a good Brazil representative.

deejojs-b935c3a9-d4d8-4b20-bc43-3a2814d0

Edited by Skort

Having just picked up Rose I don't think I'm going to bother with Oro as he looks similarly complicated to wrap your head around. 

Akira looks easy enough to pick up though. Hopefully the launcher V-Skill turns out decent because it looks so much cooler than the fireball power-up.

3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Sim could be replaced by Necro. 

Fei and Makoto are a lock for launch roster, being popular and missing from SFV.

Hopefully Menat is launch, too. 

Did anyone like Necro enough that he'd come back? I thought he was interesting but some of his mechanics seemed like "Hey, remember SF2?" 

10 hours ago, Skort said:
  • Hugo + Gief in the initial roster also seems a bit of a stretch. Two big body grapplers. I would prefer if they add Laura instead of either Hugo or Gief so we do have two grapplers but not two big bodies.
  •  Akira , she cute but i do not see her in the launch roster of  SF6

I don't really think they would go time travel in SF6. That was what people thought of the Luke also being someone related to something big. So I started thinking more of the quick and easy route. I think that would be where they would go instead.

I think SF6 is a timeline won't be a retelling the whole alpha but instead be a timeline that is a result of the time travel which would automatically rewrite history of SF3 timeline instead. So it would automatically erase a lot of things in the past also. 

If you would think about it and look in the past SFEX is the proper sequel to SF2 and SFA, SF4 and SF5 are proper prequel because the guys that were in-charge of SF that time want their games to be follow up and properly connected. 

AND then there's a common problem with SF games, like every title want to be it's own. SF2 was initially though to be not a sequel to SF1 and the same with SF3. This is why we had problems in the future. Because people in-charge of this games were different from each other and wanted to start in their own versions.

Neo Shadaloo was going to be important its likely they are throwing it all along with G it because shifted priorities and because Ono is now totally gone.

I think the current guys at capcom are excited to do their own now that Ono is not around. So history with repeat itself but this time popular and essential characters would return but characters that ain't commonly used would be replace.

I think Akira would return because she is like a choice of the current in-charge and among this season she is the one that has the better reception.

I think Ono was the guy that wanted things to be related for a sequel and proper story which holding them back (the current guys in charge)

Luke. The initial reception of him was not good for the most part. And he is the final character in SFV. If SF 6 will indeed be end of 2022 that's still a pretty short time for them to put Luke in our faces yet again in a new game ( i know Capcom hinted that he will expand the future  of the franchise but still feels like a underwhelming choice  to me personally ) .

I think the current designers at capcom likes luke, his the epitome of a Capcom mascot

Like Kevin Strayker in SF2010, Captain Commando and the protagonist characters in Slammaster

It's like their is someone in Capcom internally that prefered those combination of Characters Designs as a quality of a Capcom mascot. They would just probably redesign him slightly but not as the main protagonist.

It's like an artist in Capcom that really preferred character design and style. Thats why it's constantly recurring

For example SF1 Ryu designer was also the designer to Kung FU ARCADE ver game, so they are alike and the same thing with RYO in AOF

Same with Deadpool and Deathstroke.

Falke , while i like her  i question if she will return to another SF game , let alone the initial roster. Sadly ED seems to be the obvious choice if they wanna push the Neo Shadaloo story a bit further.But i can see why you added her, she fits that zoning character archetype that they may go after for gameplay variety so Guile will not be the only one.

I think she is one of the favorite of the guy in-charge, and looks like Ed was something the current designer wanted initial but they didn't push through, since ONO is gone they probably go with wiithout any Neo Shadaloo. I think the whole Neo Shadaloo and SIN would be erase in the new timeline.

I think both her and ed is designed by the new guy in-charge, and Luke is the new direction for Eds design.

Secret Society would stay because of Urien. The rest of old character design by previous in-charge would be erase from existence.

They won't spend time polishing the story and making proper connection. It's just an excuse to remove thing not align to the current people in-charge.

Like everything that Ono(and etc) preferred as a future setup would be change.  So characters from vanilla SFV would probably be erase at some point or replace. Characters that are restricted, limited to the story would be change to give way to their new idea. Like most of SF4 and Vanilla SFV.

Except those that are so popular like Juri. She would probably have a redesign because of not involving anymore with SIN.

Overall I just looking it into something more if someone project is handle to someone with a different priority and wants a different direction from someone that previously wanted to bridge everything together. 

It's like an SF3 reboot not to clean the timeline for inconsistency in the story but change everything to the current priorities of the new lead. From the looks of it SF would become more real, mma and realistic. So it would be lesser supernatural, mysticism, mutation and genetics in SF6.

It would be kinda Slammaster and tournament thing all over again.

I think Slammaster was something special to the current guys in-charge with SF right now.

Edited by Shakunetsu
43 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

If so he has terrible taste in character design

So even if Luke would be change or something, he would be again replace by something that would resemble.

blonde, stars and fist like ki blast are kinda significant to those preferred design

Ryu and Megaman had became mascot because of suddenly becoming popular IP.

Huh? Wow, didn't expect them to implement any major balance changes like that. Cool to see, she definitely needed something reliable to set up Orbs.

Edit: Here's the full list of changes: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/as/pdf/en/adjustmentsce202108ver.pdf?h=24c8960042bc1ab211305e75f7ebb093&20200216

She can cancel into V-Skill from specials, not from normals, but I assume that's what you meant anyway. I also like the buffs to Soul Bind, that move was so ridiculously unrealible as an AA.

Edited by delete_me
29 minutes ago, delete_me said:

She can cancel into V-Skill from specials, not from normals, but I assume that's what you meant anyway. I also like the buffs to Soul Bind, that move was so ridiculously unrealible as an AA.

I thought it meant that too, but I think it's just odd wording. I tried it in training mode and you couldn't cancel the recovery of any specials, even on hit, into v-skills. I think when it says there "can be canceled into from a special cancel" they just meant any normal that's special cancelable can go into v-skill.

It lets you do things like cr mk into card toss, and since cards have better frame advantage it's a viable tool to use in footsies. V-skill 2 seems like it's still hard to set up, though I suppose you could squeeze in a cheeky st hp into orb summon against a timid player.

Forgot to mention but the V-Shift input change is interesting as it was clearly a design decision they made to force the player to choose between blocking and V-Shifting.

It will be a lot easier to use it to punish fake strings on block now, like Akuma st.MK into red fireball. Or walking towards Cammy when you expect a Divekick to get better frame advantage after V-Shift.

Edited by delete_me
6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Double post but SNK will reveal who will be joining SamSho tomorrow.

Gee, I wonder who it could be.

Broke: it's Baiken or Nagoriyuki because they're samurais and usa katanas.

Woke: it's Axl because he's a time traveller and he can go whenever he wants, he also uses a kusarigama.

Bespoke: it's Bedman or A.B.A, because why the fuck not.

Enlightened: it's Leopaldon.

11 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Didn't this leak through game code a while ago or am I mixing something up?

No, the game code thing was for Strive, this is the reveal trailer for SamSho that got uploaded to Youtube by someone else before it was supposed to be released.

There's so many leaks they're getting mixed up now.

31 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Didn't this leak through game code a while ago or am I mixing something up?

Yes. Someone did a data dive when S3 started and found character codes that pointed to all the DLC characters we got. So it wasn't known officially, but we basically already knew. 

15 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Except those that are so popular like Juri. She would probably have a redesign because of not involving anymore with SIN.

Not a fan of remaking characters because time travel alters events and so on.

Juri is very popular and while them redesigning her gameplay in SFV had mixed reactions at least they got her visuals good and she still remained a badass.

I still think that they will go the SF4 way the most when it comes to her because whenever they use her image they use SF4 Juri. They clearly know this is the most recognizable look for her. Clear example is SF Duel. It's all OG world warriors and Juri, SF4 Juri to be more precise.

maxresdefault-3.jpg

Now,if they are gonna redesign her again in SF 6 with no tie in at all to SIN I question how well is this is gonna plan out.

Juri before she joined SIN ? Juri before her family murdered ?  Would be just a child.

While I am sure the new guys in charge are excited having more freedom now that Ono is gone if they push too far they risk ruining great established characters that already have a big fanbase.

Idk about you but I do NOT want my favourite character reimagined by people who think Luke is a great addition to the franchise and that pressing two buttons for a dp is the way to go.

Edited by Skort

After an hour with Akira I'm going to say V-Skill 1 is the way to go. Instant air EX fireball is absolutely disgusting if powered-up and leads to an easy 358/500 combo. There's also no height restriction so it's not like Chun's IALL where you have to get the muscle memory for it. Just do 2369 and watch the opponent's tech get blown up like it's a Micheal Bay movie. It's -10 if blocked though, so keep that in mind.

V-Triggers the jury's still out but I will use Daigo because screw all these "in between" inputs of Trigger II. I'm not going to say how long it took me to finish her last trial but it made up the majority of the hour I spent with her.

Now to try her in a match, which will probably be Bison, which will probably make me hate this game again.

Edited by delete_me