Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

One thing I kind of dislike with Akira is the disparity between the visual effects of her fireball and the actual frame data. They all look super plus on block but only the heavy version is and only barely so (+1). To make matters worse if they're powered up with VS1 they look even more plus even though nothing changes about their frame data on block. 

It's something the game had some issues with when it came out (think Mika's charged dropkick or Bison's everything) but later seasons did a better job so it's weird to see it here. Of course it's nothing game breaking and if anything it works in her favour, at least in this early time period. I just like it when stuff like this is better communicated visually.

Welp....goal achieved,plat so far with Akira.

This lil girl is feisty.   I swear that fullscreen heavy elbow on their wakeup is some Balrog level of cheapness. This works more often than it should lol.

Few things to note from my experience so far

• VT 1  + VS 1 definitely the way to go vs fireball characters as the enhanced ex fireball she does is your way to win vs fireball heavy characters and the wall bounce she gets is sweet. 
  • VS 2 - looks cool but i think overall VS 1 is better to have as the air combos she does are not really the way to go in most scenarios imo.
  • She kinda feels like Karin lite to me. Kinda seems that she wants to do what Karin does but Karin does it better.
  • I would argue her DP is one of the best in the game. Heavy DP absolutely owns Akuma's air fireball in 90% of cases for example. The arc it has is very good.
  • She is imo very easy to pick up and play  and she hits very hard for simple combos but she is stubby as hell.
  • I have yet to find true use for her non ex fireballs as finishing into other special moves seems like the way to go.But they can be decent to counter other fireballs if you time them right since they have quite a lot of recovery.

Street-Fighter-V-Screenshot-2021-08-18-2

Edited by Skort
6 minutes ago, Skort said:

Welp....goal achieved,plat so far with Akira.

This lil girl is feisty.   I swear that fullscreen heavy elbow on their wakeup is some Balrog level of cheapness. This works more often than it should lol.

Few things to note from my experience so far

• VT 1  + VS 1 definitely the way to go vs fireball characters as the enhanced ex fireball she does is your way to win vs fireball heavy characters and the wall bounce she gets is sweet. 
  • VS 2 - looks cool but i think overall VS 1 is better to have as the air combos she does are not really the way to go in most scenarios imo.
  • She kinda feels like Karin lite to me. Kinda seems that she wants to do what Karin does but Karin does it better.
  • I would argue her DP is one of the best in the game. Heavy DP absolutely owns Akuma's air fireball in 90% of cases for example. The arc it has is very good.
  • She is imo very easy to pick up and play  and she hits very hard for simple combos but she is stubby as hell.
  • I have yet to find true use for her non ex fireballs as finishing into other special moves seems like the way to go.But they can be decent to counter other fireballs if you time them right since they have quite a lot of recovery.

Street-Fighter-V-Screenshot-2021-08-18-2

Juri: "What the-" 

Spoiler

blob?bcid=TjnJw5jW8h4DlQ

Juri: "What's a Akira? Eh, whatever. She looks cool. Oro seems like he knows a lot more crazy shit than that weird-ass Gouki guy. And, why the fuck does Luke remind me of that Steve Fox guy from the Iron Fist Tournament? What, he got the Devil Gene too? It's too damn easy to make fun of these guys! Oh... I have got to see these fools. I need some damn entertainment!" 

11 hours ago, Skort said:

VT 1  + VS 1 definitely the way to go vs fireball characters as the enhanced ex fireball she does is your way to win vs fireball heavy characters and the wall bounce she gets is sweet. 

It really depends on the character and where their hurtbox is during the fireball anymation. It's good against Ryu for example but not very useful against Guile or even Chun-Li. Range isn't as big as it looks and I've been hit out of its startup quite a bit, which means losing both an EX bar and the charge. But I think that's a fair strength level for a move like that and I've managed to land more than a few as well.

In general though I think air fireball is where VS1 really makes a difference. The normal version does this weird thing where she just drops on the floor with a hitbox in front of her (closed out quite a few rounds with that) and EX makes them crumple on hit, meaning a full combo if you're close or a heavy/EX elbow if you're further away for corner carry. VS2 is nice and is arguably more fun to use, but VS1 is the one you pick if you want to win IMO.

After messing around with Akira she kind of seems like a cross between Lucia and Sakura.  People are comparing her to Karin but I don't really see it as much.  She's got Lucia's stubby buttons and mixup potential and Sakura's walkspeed and cr.mk.  To me she seems more of a rushdown than a footsie character?  Her st.roundhouse is about the only button with range.  

Oro is a weird character.  He doesn't seem like he's doing anything and yet he somehow erases life bars.  His buttons are REALLY good and he does a lot of damage plus has great vtriggers.  He might be difficult to play but imo he's looking like he has potential.

Edited by HeavensCloud

Shows how little pro players looked into that character. If Rose has Trigger 1 active and she lands Soul Bind, you basically have to use V-Shift on wakeup, whether you use quick rise or not. It's really not worth the gamble and it's a mixup every half-decent Rose player from upper Gold and above will do in that situation, so it's not like he was using some super secret tech.

Anyway, fuck Abigail. On paper she might have the advantage but that matchup is just a rollercoaster. Really satisfying to see him get blown up like that.

Okay @Bigtochiro@DanZan @Doctrine_Dark @Flackaveli @FlyingVe @GetTheTables@Hawkingbird@HeavensCloud@Illwill88@Jocelot@Joke@KimuraLOX@KingTubb@M A R T I A N@Mattatsu@OldManRage@Pair of Rooks@Relldaproblem@Reticently@Sonero@ToreyBeans @Vhozite@Yiceman , I think that's everyone I've played at SFV on this forum at some point. What's a good time for everyone, I'll try to set up this Megashock tournament. Do you want FT1, FT2, or FT3? Do you want single elimination or a loser's bracket. Anyone that requests a "lower bracket" will be DQ'd and banned from any tournaments until further review.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Okay @Bigtochiro@DanZan @Doctrine_Dark @Flackaveli @FlyingVe @GetTheTables@Hawkingbird@HeavensCloud@Illwill88@Jocelot@Joke@KimuraLOX@KingTubb@M A R T I A N@Mattatsu@OldManRage@Pair of Rooks@Relldaproblem@Reticently@Sonero@ToreyBeans @Vhozite@Yiceman , I think that's everyone I've played at SFV on this forum at some point. What's a good time for everyone, I'll try to set up this Megashock tournament. Do you want FT1, FT2, or FT3? Do you want single elimination or a loser's bracket. Anyone that requests a "lower bracket" will be DQ'd and banned from any tournaments until further review.

FT2 and double elimination for me.