Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, mykka said:

This feels a lifetime ago

They made some improvements but also some bad calls. 

Take for example the character avatars near the health bar. This looks far better than the red / blue colors we have on the live version of the game,thankfully there's a mod that fixes that for PC users. 

I also kinda like how the revenge meter shackes a bit,gives a cool arcade-ish feeling to the game.   

I do hope that the SF 6 teaser we may get will feature actual gameplay and not just some flashy cgi movie.

31 minutes ago, Skort said:

They made some improvements but also some bad calls. 

Take for example the character avatars near the health bar. This looks far better than the red / blue colors we have on the live version of the game,thankfully there's a mod that fixes that for PC users. 

I also kinda like how the revenge meter shackes a bit,gives a cool arcade-ish feeling to the game.   

I do hope that the SF 6 teaser we may get will feature actual gameplay and not just some flashy cgi movie.

Chun's moveset also seems quite different, she's definitely lacking some of the moves shown in this version of the game

I'm kind of getting tired of these crossovers, too.* Especially the modern ones where you can easily see how it's just a cash grab with no regards to the IPs integrity. Noctis in Tekken, 2B in Soul Calibur, Mando in Fortnite. Ugh.

There are some that work and where you can see that they actually thought of what would make sense. Like Baiken in SamSho is a rare current example that just fits. Or all the Final Fight characters in SF, which is just seen as being the same universe anyway.

*of course not counting games where the crossover idea is the basis of the entire concept, like MvC or Project X Zone. 

Good news everyone! More SF crossovers!

Earn layered armor that’ll turn your hunter into Akuma from the Street Fighter series!

Equip this layered armor to not only alter your hunter’s voice and appearance, but to change kunai attacks into Akuma’s iconic moves, like the Gohadoken and the Zanku Hadoken.

Akuma even has his own special animation on the Quest Completed screen!

If you equip a sword & shield, your attacks will change into punches and kicks. Perform a Perfect Rush to dish out a fearsome combo, and use various Silkbind attacks to unleash moves like the Goshoryuken and the Tatsumaki Zankukyaku on unsuspecting monsters!

Your pose while your weapon is drawn will change into something special as well, so make sure you grab this layered armor to see for yourself!

5 hours ago, delete_me said:

I'm kind of getting tired of these crossovers, too.* Especially the modern ones where you can easily see how it's just a cash grab with no regards to the IPs integrity. Noctis in Tekken, 2B in Soul Calibur, Mando in Fortnite. Ugh.

For some stuff is fine. Not like Fortnite has much lore to it that you can mess up.

MTG has literal decades of lore and world building. Now its not far off from turning into a hodge podge of IPs running around. WoTC has been doing things to make the game more "pop" in appeal for a number of years. Its increased their profits but it steadily has made the overall experience of being a player remarkably worse.

Its all awful.

I've noticed in some contexts, people use the term "discord fighter" as a pejorative when asked if a game is worth getting into (SamSho7 being the example I've seen most often.) In that context it seems like people are saying (and this is only my observation based on the context) "you'll rarely to never get matches in this game without having to wait a long time" which, given my experience with "discord fighters" like +R, SamShoVSp, and even Footsies, hasn't ever really been the case. In my experience, a lot of discord fighters have active and highly skilled playerbases, so I don't really understand why "discord fighter" is a bad thing. 

Also, I've noticed people who push back on having to get on Discord to find matches, and I can understand from a "I've only got 15 min to play" perspective, but isn't just about everyone who's here also on discord? Why is it such an inconvenience to line up matches, especially if the chances are your opponent will likely be better than the average random? 

35 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I've noticed in some contexts, people use the term "discord fighter" as a pejorative when asked if a game is worth getting into (SamSho7 being the example I've seen most often.) In that context it seems like people are saying (and this is only my observation based on the context) "you'll rarely to never get matches in this game without having to wait a long time" which, given my experience with "discord fighters" like +R, SamShoVSp, and even Footsies, hasn't ever really been the case. In my experience, a lot of discord fighters have active and highly skilled playerbases, so I don't really understand why "discord fighter" is a bad thing. 

Also, I've noticed people who push back on having to get on Discord to find matches, and I can understand from a "I've only got 15 min to play" perspective, but isn't just about everyone who's here also on discord? Why is it such an inconvenience to line up matches, especially if the chances are your opponent will likely be better than the average random? 

It is a bad stigma that has been attached to the term unjustified.

Normaly if you don't find people (or very rarely) over Matchmaking in those games, you assume that it is a Discord fighter and that you have to wait forever there to find people to play with.

Now from my BB experience and from Melty I can tell you, that this is complete BS and I'm saying since forever that it is BS.

Not just can you find matches within minutes, (what is frankly faster than most MM systems), you can also run long sets and have conversations about them.

Or you are like me, you look into the Meltycord if someone is waiting, go into the Room, play some matches with DMs and then go back doing your own stuff.

And even if you only have 15mins, you usually find someone faster over Discord in these 15min, than over MM.

48 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

"discord fighter"

I mean, I get it- a "Discord fighter" is a game where it's really hard to unwind by just grabbing some pick-up matches when you have a few minutes free.  But on the other hand, anybody who cares enough to be in the Discord for a title has probably a pretty decent degree of experience at the game.

In other news though, KoFXV now confirmed for rollback, so hopefully SNK has the wherewithal to back port that shit into SamSho7.

I’ve been meaning to play SFV to lab Ibuki a bit (but I’ve been having too much fun playing other games lol).

anyways, may bring out my very underwhelming Ibuki, but let’s be real, I’m going 0-2 anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

also, how does this work? I guess we just search the tournament and be ensure to entire before the starting time?

44 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve been meaning to play SFV to lab Ibuki a bit (but I’ve been having too much fun playing other games lol).

anyways, may bring out my very underwhelming Ibuki, but let’s be real, I’m going 0-2 anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

also, how does this work? I guess we just search the tournament and be ensure to entire before the starting time?

I could invite @Voltand rig the bracket for you 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey, I'm going to try to do this tourney thing again. How does Saturday at 7pm EST sound? I can put the info in 🤢 discord 🤢 later. I'm at work.

If you need any help setting that up, holla at yo boy.

Edit: Yes, that includes the Discord shilling.

Edited by Volt
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

UPDATE: It's 7:15PM EST

I know this was asked last time, and can't remember a concrete answer - but is this stuff streamable? I'd join in but my lag would screw anybody I came up against - but would love to watch. If it's a PITA pls don't worry, I wouldn't want to add to your workload

3 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I know this was asked last time, and can't remember a concrete answer - but is this stuff streamable? I'd join in but my lag would screw anybody I came up against - but would love to watch. If it's a PITA pls don't worry, I wouldn't want to add to your workload

It is, I just have to select a match before it starts. Once it start no dice.