Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

27 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Damn.... I'll be working at that time that the tournament takes place. Sorry guys I was actually pretty excited to enter and see how fast I could speedrun to elimination. @Darc_Requiem how often do you plan on setting up these Megashock tournies? I'd love to get in on the next one possibly

I don't mind doing one every week. Ideally I'd like to pick a time that everyone can show up for. It just has to be Saturday or Sunday. I work Monday - Friday.

@delete_me What about the the Athena one?

What do you do on your days off?

Psycho Ball!

Why did you join this tournament?

Psycho Ball!

Have any fighters piqued your interest?

Psycho Ball!

Are you ready for the tournament?

Psycho Ball!

How are you handling this with your singing/modeling work?

Psycho Ball!

Anything to say to your fans?

Hmm...I'll really have to give that some thought. Oh I know. PSYCHO BALL!!!!

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Having the Hentai hair doesn't help.

Still never really liked her, she just doesn't interest me at all.

Also is this KoF Trailer only in Spanish or did I miss something?

Also also Ash is back.

Also also also, I have some time again,work wanted to much from me the last few weeks.

I'm looking forward to Jack-O and Holla Hips!

36 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Look! Let’s laugh at the dumbass that doesn’t understand reference poses!

They're not tracing, but it's still not great.

If all her animations are basically lifted from sprites from existing games that's not a good look. You might be able to make a case for the Cammy kick or punch, but there are tons of ways to draw someone crouching and that R. Mika crouch is REALLY too close for comfort.  It's shady at worst and super lazy at best.   

Reminds me of the DBZ controversy a while ago, where a Japanese manga artist was caught plagiarizing a Captain America comic:

There's a difference between homage/using reference poses and "I couldn't be assed to come up with something myself."  There is more to art plagiarism than 1:1 tracing, and it's a fine line.

It wasn't trace, it was more of inspired with. 

I think that depends on what kind of media it is used when in comics and manga it's a different thing because those are static images and framing. It's always a different case in a static media and a video game in terms of movement and poses.

2d fighting games is kinda different

too be fair take a look at M.Bison and the guy in Riki Oh

CVQkGwyWUAE-TI8.jpg

c07.png

This is clearly a rip-off since it's a character design and a panel exact copy of the static poses along with almost nearly exact facial structure. 

I don't really see movement and fighting techniques as something people should strongly to be vindictive in a fighting game and a beat em up genre that is a 2d perspective.  It's a different case with the game mechanics, camera usage and game assets that should be guarded in video games. 

Real martial arts stance adopted in a 2d fighting game and 2d beat em up shoudn't be also be vindictive on having similarities in a few frame and gestures.

Since Hadouken and SRK a common fictional fighting attacks

Fire breathing, butt attacks and dive kicks are commonly used fictional fighting technique for humans in manga, anime, games and other watchable media.

SO i'll go with another fictional one that is seldom used

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Here is were the things started and it's there main notable gimmick of that IP/Franchise you can even see it in it's cover

250px-Flying_Dragon_The_Secret_Scroll_Co

tumblr_pp7ac8giBS1s3uawvo1_500.gifv

SF1 Ryu Tatsu

QyO9dYP.gif

shanghai kid first entry of the series

JkQbZZR.gif

Edited by Shakunetsu

This TMNT controversy seems like the typical Twitter rage about nothing. Some of it reminds me of the recycled animation nonsense that used to pop up with each SFV character reveal. I wonder how many of these people play Mugen with sprite rips. There is only so many ways to throw a punch or kick. If Data East didn't get bopped for Fighter's History any lawsuit here would be Capcom setting money on fire.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This TMNT controversy seems like the typical Twitter rage about nothing.

Probably the same people calling out the new Capcom and new SNK in their modern FGs games saying they are ripping each other for having likeness in normals from punches and kick in a character, like copying a standing light punch animation for someone with a fictional karate style LOL

Or might be illustrators and few animators that believe this things like few frames in animation should be unique as possible even in a 2d fighting games or similar genre

They might have forgot that it's 101 in static frames or keyframes of animation that a human character position should be realistic that It still need to imitate human movement even it defies gravity and physics, And also human movement is limited to bend in some angle in a 2D perspective unless it's a in-between frames, So similarities and likeness are always a possibility especially if they have similar fighting styles.

I hope those creative guys aren't the same people joining the bandwagon on hating Disney's for extending copyright laws so that mickey mouse won't enter public domain sooner. There vindictive ness would just turn them like the corporation that they dislike.

We all know that beat em up and fighting games their is an ripoff era like that from Cody, Hawk and Axel, but those were character design and this people aren't helping to improve the creative industry. If larger companies adopted their logic, and their ways become the new norm and standard in the creative community. It would be more of a problem because the larger companies start to destroy entirely the whole indie dev gaming industry.

then we will have more dorky and weird animated cartoons show in the future with unearthly creatures because of crazy limbs an body proportion for the sake of avoiding similarities and likeness in keyframes.  lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
45 minutes ago, delete_me said:

well, almost. At this point it's clear there won't be any character voices in the game which makes the whole thing feel a bit lifeless unfortunately.

That’s what I was worrying about the most. I heard the last two Nick games also had no voices in them so I guess it should be expected. Would even take some archived voice clips over complete silence though.

Alpha 3 has 39 human characters that covers wide range of martial arts and notable fictional fighting techniques that are popular tropes in pop culture. April is a casual human that probably would imitate popular moves she would see instead of striving to invent a style of her own or a unique fighting technique.

What I was thinking

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

then we will have more dorky and weird animated cartoons show in the future with unearthly creatures because of crazy limbs an body proportion for the sake of avoiding similarities and likeness in keyframes.  lol

Confirms their real intentions and agenda lol

that's creative but out of character and the plot of the game.

they even used this reference 

The problem with Enchanted Portals is more than few frames of animation, First cuphead is not a genre of its own. Notable similarities are the aesthetics, but it's more of a combination of ideas that became the identity of that game. the choice of aesthetics along with the gameplay being market. it's an unfair comparison to the April situation and also not right to compare 90s and 80s games which are more of a technical compromise.

Edited by Shakunetsu
27 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Alpha 3 has 39 human characters that covers wide range of martial arts and notable fictional fighting techniques that are popular tropes in pop culture. April is a casual human that probably would imitate popular moves she would see instead of striving to invent a style of her own or a unique fighting technique.

What I was thinking

Inb4 this "April O'Rabbit" thot is found out to be a furry with an agenda.

Also, Metroid Dread is winning GOTY F R E E. Get that shit. This is history in the making.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

They let Beast Boy do it in the Teen Titans game on GBA SP (the first video game and console I ever owned!) and it works really well. I mean honestly, here is a game with the Ninja Turtles, a beat 'em up, and an attempt to capitalise on '80s nostalgia while simultaneously contributing to the sex appeal of a character. Aren't you guys dinos? What is there to discuss? This is your game! Just fall in love with it already! Go get a room, damn!

I used to be a fan too I have mask, tshirts, toys, pop up books, trading cards, comic books and audio cassette stories, but it was really batman TAS and xmen that lasted longer to me up to HS.

Maybe the guy on twitter just needs to a new bucky O hare beat em up game, and hope it won't turned like a battletoads reboot lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
54 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

While I grew up on this version of the Turtles it's not my favorite by any means. The 2K3 show is by far my favorite version. All I'll give the 80s turtles is having the hottest version of April.

While I think all the Turtles cartoons were solid, 2003 is what I’ll always think back to. The voices, designs, just how much of an evil SOB that Shredder was, all of it was so good. It also had my favorite intro.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I used to be a fan too I have mask, tshirts, toys, pop up books, trading cards, comic books and audio cassette stories, but it was really batman TAS and xmen that lasted longer to me up to HS.

Maybe the guy on twitter just needs to a new bucky O hare beat em up game, and hope it won't turned like a battletoads reboot lol

No bullshit, I still remembered that theme song before you posted this. Bucky was the shit. Man, we had some dope ass cartoons during our generation.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No bullshit, I still remembered that theme song before you posted this. Bucky was the shit. Man, we had some dope ass cartoons during our generation.

Yeah, I really admire how they drew strong women back then.  Heman Thundercats She-ra had nice realistic athletic women. 

Then anime ruined it all with children with pipe cleaners for arms punching through walls. 

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Including me, there are 4 people in the tournament so far. I don't recognize any of the CFNs though. Any of them you guys are or is it a bunch of randoms?

I haven’t signed up yet. I didn’t realize you could do it this early, I thought you just did it when it was starting (like joining a lobby) honestly

23 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

What I was thinking

they even used this reference 

The problem with Enchanted Portals is more than few frames of animation, First cuphead is not a genre of its own. Notable similarities are the aesthetics, but it's more of a combination of ideas that became the identity of that game. the choice of aesthetics along with the gameplay being market. it's an unfair comparison to the April situation and also not right to compare 90s and 80s games which are more of a technical compromise.

Why is this a big deal? Because some of the animations have similarities to animations in other games? Man, we really do live in the best times ever when THIS is what people are making a big deal about. 

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

Same. I should probably actually boot the game up while I'm at it. 

Still not sure if I'll be able to make it. Weekend plans haven't quite solidified the way I'd hoped but I should know by the afternoon. 

Yeah, I’m not 100% either. I knew I had some errands to do and figured it would take a couple hours, but I just made a list and hoo-boy I’ll be busy