Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Others were liking the Stars to Joe from SFOne

Joe is a kickboxer, and known especially for his magnificent Savate. Although he was undefeated in American kickboxing, he later ran into money problems and turned to violent crime to fix them. Currently he fights in tournaments under the moniker "Superstar". He likes to collect star-shaped promo items, and believes that hard work (and a Rolling Sobat) is the key to becoming a true super star!

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112444?lang=en

Besides the tracksuit costume, it looks like all of Akira’s costumes are pulled from the series.

Spoiler

image0.webp

First off is her default for SF5. A helmetless Akira was unlockable in the original game before becoming her default in the sequel, Project Justice. 

image4.webp

Her story outfit is how she was introduced in the first game before it was shown that she was a girl. It’s unlockable in Project Justice and is named Powered Akira.

image3.webp

Her battle outfit is the Seijyun school uniform that she’s shown wearing in her team’s ending.

image1.png

The nostalgia and swimsuit outfits are part of the School Life mode in the Japan-only Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2.

image0.webp
image2.webp

Cool how they referenced everything with her with her inclusion.

There is already a negative connotation with the character about being in SF6, that some are thinking of changing or scraping him.

I understand the dislike for being a blonde character in a game that has many of blondes but it's wrong to scrap him or change his color for SF6. lol

12 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

We gotta petition to get Capcom to stop with the blond hair shit. It's visually boring for every character to be rocking Simpson flesh tone. 2021 and we are all about diversity now. Say no to blond people for SF6 

Twin, Master of Blonde Waifus, posted this. This speak volumes. Can we get some redheads, brunettes, and brown people?

15 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Luke's favorite comedian is Dane Cook

Luke's favorite movie is a two way tie between Donnie Darko and Fight Club

Luke has all the seasons of Entourage on DVD

Heyheyhey now, what is wrong with any of this? (Other than Entourage, I've never seen it.) Those movies are tight and Dane Cook is funny. Over the top, but funny. Of all the characters in SF I'd want to drink with Luke looks like a good time while y'all simping for 50-somethjbg year old Chun. Fuck outta here 

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Luke brings SFV new character total to 14. That's 1/3 of the total cast. That's impressive. Which ones y'all think will become mainstays?

Out of everyone, I can see Rashid and Menat coming back the most. Rashid is easy to use and represents a demographic that’s barely seen in fighting games. Menat was just a hit, I’m sure people that don’t even play SF are aware of her. We know Luke is going to be in SF6 and they’ll probably sparingly use Kage because people love them evil shotos.

Luke's design is mega wack

his animations are mostly okay

moveset looks cool tho, it's like a faster Charlie style zoning with one-handed booms

Akira seems mad fucking fun, holy shit

Oro just nukes your ass in his super, that's godlike

also Akira swimsuit costume...uuhh Capcom what are you doing