Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Ok I think in the coming days, I'll be working on an advanced/intermediate Ken guide. It'll be a follow up to the first thread I made:

If you've ingested everything in there, we'll finally get to the fun stuff. Please do comment and critique the previous thread if you're interested so I can use the feedback going forward. 

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Ok I think in the coming days, I'll be working on an advanced/intermediate Ken guide. It'll be a follow up to the first thread I made:

If you've ingested everything in there, we'll finally get to the fun stuff. Please do comment and critique the previous thread if you're interested so I can use the feedback going forward. 

Thank you.

Nice! I tried Ibuki and she’s real fun (and I like playing someone not as common), but man Ken suits my playstyle in 3S so much more

Edited by Mattatsu
19 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

In the VF5 survey that list a bunch of fighting game franchises and ask which have you played before and mother f’ing Primal Rage was in the list…

Sega, what are you not telling me?!

Man a Primal Rage reboot would be something.

I think whoever came up with that survey was just a big Primal Rage fan though. Like if I was making surveys like that you bet your ass I'd have Weaponlord on that list just to see whose opinions actually matter. ⚔️

2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Man a Primal Rage reboot would be something.

I think whoever came up with that survey was just a big Primal Rage fan though. Like if I was making surveys like that you bet your ass I'd have Weaponlord on that list just to see whose opinions actually matter. ⚔️

They also had Def Jam in there so you’re probably right. I kept my eye out for Eternal Champions but no such luck

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

They also had Def Jam in there so you’re probably right. I kept my eye out for Eternal Champions but no such luck

I would do some dark shit to get a new, good Def Jam. I fucking loved those games. Best we can probably hope for nowadays is a good spiritual successor.

I remember there was that EC reboot being floated awhile back but I guess nothing came of that. That's another series I'd love to see get a modern shot. The old games are full of 90s 'tude and jank but there's some fun stuff in there. KI2013 made me a believer that almost no series is beyond getting a really slick modern follow up.

6 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I remember there was that EC reboot being floated awhile back but I guess nothing came of that.

The guy who created it (and was pushing for a

new one) had to go to Sega for permission (maybe they had publishing rights or something?) idk, but it seemed to stop there.

actually, I just remembered. I think that man passed away several months back, so we’ll probably never see it… damn.

a new def jam game would be awesome as well. I

loved stomping people with Method Man. Like a year or two ago, the def jam Twitter account said if they got a million followers they’d look into making a new game, and reached that count in a few days… nothing seemed to come of it so I unfollowed them fucks

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Regardless of who you blame, MvCI isn't a fun game to look at 

Hm, occasionally. Put Carol Danvers vs. Gamora on a stage like Wakanda and it actually kind of looks neat. But on the other end of the spectrum you have this weird HD-PS2 characters like Dante, Spencer and Morrigan and a lot of stages just overuse chromatic aberration to hide the fact that there's no detail and no good art direction.

That said an NRS game with Marvel characters where everyone has the same build because of "realism" sounds equally unappealing. MvC3 is more fun to look at than both Infinite and Injustice 2 (which has sublime cutscenes due to the character models, but nothing else going on visually).

I'm just imagining Marvel characters that move in the typical stiff NRS-style of seemingly have something shoved up their asses, with animations like Terminator's anti-air kick, and photorealistic models with face-scan because who wants their comic book characters to look like they're from comic books? Then remember that MvC2 was a thing and how characters moved and looked in it.

I think I'd still prefer crackhead Dante over that.

10 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

In the VF5 survey that list a bunch of fighting game franchises and ask which have you played before and mother f’ing Primal Rage was in the list…

Sega, what are you not telling me?!

They put Def jam on that list too which I found hilarious. 

EDIT: FUCK! You already pointed that out. I'm a dummy. Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Edited by KingTubb
9 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

new one) had to go to Sega for permission (maybe they had publishing rights or something?) idk, but it seemed to stop there.

actually, I just remembered. I think that man passed away several months back, so we’ll probably never see it… damn.

loved stomping people with Method Man. Like a year or two ago, the def jam Twitter account said if they got a million followers they’d look into making a new game, and reached that count in a few days… nothing seemed to come of it so I unfollowed them fucks

That's a shame. The real early stuff I remember seeing on SRK looked neat. EC is one of those series that is probably super dead. I can't see Sega making a new one but I also can't see them just lending the license out for someone to do something with it (and I don't know how enthusiastic anyone is to pay buckos for it). Hopefully someone starts work on Everlasting Warriors or some shit with all your favorite Legally Distinct versions of characters.

Def Jam is another game I'd be fine with a spiritual successor to. The themeing of the older games was great but the real reason I loved those games was the engine. Just give me a new psuedo-wrestling game that lets me fold a guy in half then kick him in the dick.

I could be wrong but I think I remember Sega of Japan absolutely hating  Eternal Champions while wanting Virtua Fighter to be the Sega fighting game instead. So the fact that a reboot of some kind hasn’t happened yet or that EC wasn’t listed in the VF survey is not a surprise. It’s sad, it really was a cool game.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I could be wrong but I think I remember Sega of Japan absolutely hating  Eternal Champions while wanting Virtua Fighter to be the Sega fighting game instead. So the fact that a reboot of some kind hasn’t happened yet or that EC wasn’t listed in the VF survey is not a surprise. It’s sad, it really was a cool game.

Which is a shame because EC is a far more interesting game than VF in my opinion

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Based on this highly scholarly video yeah that seems like how it played out. Definitely a shame for it to get sunk like that.

18 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Was that the same developer who posted on the SRK forums asking people what they would like to see in a new EC game?

Wonder if they'll actually have a date for dropping Oro and Akira.

Cause they were announce literally a year ago. 

This "roadmap" thing that Capcom decided to do with SFV seems super short sighted now that I think about it. They told us a year ago what content we'd get a year later, and it's exhausting to stay excited for that long, so at this point (especially with Strive dropping and being damn good) excitement has turned to apathy. 

It feels like they're dangling a carrot and it feels kinda shitty 

19 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I hope the "...and more" means a teaser for the last character and not some weird T-shirts from a random internet celebrity that mispronounces Ryu.

That’s what I’m expecting since it happened with the last two. The Dan update had a small focus on Rose and Oro as a teaser. The Rose update had a small focus on Oro and a teaser for Akira. I assume that this would mean they will explain exactly what Akira has and a teaser for the fifth character.

Though in Capcom fashion, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they don’t actually reveal them or it’s a silhouette.

15 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

The last two times they did this, they had the release date for the featured character. I would assume they will at least have Oro’s drop date figured out. The optimist in me thinks they will drop both Oro and Akira sometime after EVO, but we’ll see.

5 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Cause they were announce literally a year ago. 

This "roadmap" thing that Capcom decided to do with SFV seems super short sighted now that I think about it. They told us a year ago what content we'd get a year later, and it's exhausting to stay excited for that long, so at this point (especially with Strive dropping and being damn good) excitement has turned to apathy. 

It feels like they're dangling a carrot and it feels kinda shitty 

They messed up with Season 2 and 4 but to be fair for this season  it's not entirely their fault. Covid & supposed leadership issues led to problems with SF6 so they kind of shoehorned another season into this game's life. The decision to even do Season 5 was probably made not too long before its announcement.

To be honest I'm surprised they're still on track with this, considering all the other delays going around in the industry.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

They messed up with Season 2 and 4 but to be fair for this season  it's not entirely their fault. Covid & supposed leadership issues led to problems with SF6 so they kind of shoehorned another season into this game's life. The decision to even do Season 5 was probably made not too long before its announcement.

To be honest I'm surprised they're still on track with this, considering all the other delays going around in the industry.

Yeah, I'll take this season over whatever they were doing before which was mostly radio silence.  The seasonal updates have been a positive change imo.  At least now they're being transparent even though the wait time is frustrating (most likely due to Covid).  

I'm hoping the "and more" means a look at the final character.  

20 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I thought we would have to wait until next to see another character. New silhouette this week.

Looks like a Angel pose to me.

Noticeable tiddy. Long hair. Puffy sleeves...

KoF got too many characters, it's hard for me to play this Pokémon shit. 

5 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I am positive this is the most amount of likes a SFV related post has gotten... Five years of SFV and this is what we have to show for it

That's a repost. I remember this being posted on SRK when she came out.

The thread alone gave it like, 20 reactions. 🤣

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Not gonna lie, but Menat is the single best character they made for the game.

And yes I say that despite starring at Falkes 10/10 thighgap whenever she's in sight.

SFV in general has done a remarkable work when it comes to asses and thighs. Not just because the game itself is ass, but because...

kolin_vs_falke_by_egorspaiker_dc9skft-pr

Thicc_killer.jpg

6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Rare Street Fighter II Anime Finally Translated Into English

It was originally only sold on VHS at a single exhibition in Japan 1995

Called Street Fighter II: Return to the Fujiwara Capital, it was quickly forgotten—this is the first I’ve ever heard of it!—and as the Street Fighter wiki says, in the years to follow it “remained almost completely unknown”.

Beginning in the modern day, the “plot” sees a selection of the cast of Street Fighter II invited to check out E. Honda’s new special move. Instead, four fighters—Honda, Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li—somehow find themselves transported 1300 years back in time, to Fujiwara.

Pretty good numbers, especially after what Evo went through and how it's an online-only event.

• #MK11 - 714 (no tourney in Asia region)
  • #PlaySkullgirls - 541

These MK numbers are some nonsense.  How do you have millions of copies sold but can only convert that many people to tournaments? Hell, the thing has one of the best netcodes of new releases? Skullgirls out there catching up to entrants from the marquee title of a company that outsold it by millions.

Meanwhile you got SF5 with terrible ass netcode, 2 black eyes and missing 8 teeth and people still going playing it.

16 hours ago, Sonero said:
  • #MK11 - 714 (no tourney in Asia region)
  • #PlaySkullgirls - 541

These MK numbers are some nonsense.  How do you have millions of copies sold but can only convert that many people to tournaments? Hell, the thing has one of the best netcodes of new releases? Skullgirls out there catching up to entrants from the marquee title of a company that outsold it by millions.

Meanwhile you got SF5 with terrible ass netcode, 2 black eyes and missing 8 teeth and people still going playing it.

I mean...the fgc complains about SFV nonstop since it's release and here we are 5 years later and it's still competing with games that came out 3 months ago. 

That's the weirdest thing about it. MK11 sold 12 million copies and its less than half of SF5.

Guilty Gear strive sold 500,000 and has almost 5 times the entrants. That legit makes no sense. Not sure how they can have sold that much and have so little engagement competitively.

Edited by Sonero