Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

From a narrative standpoint he is. He doesn't do shit. 

He helped undo Cammy's brainwashing in Alpha. He literally saved Ryu from himself and by extension saved the world in SF5.

But that is besides the point, most narratives in SF are inconsequential. That is not an argument against bringing back characters especially SF2 characters.

Edited by Daemos
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm just pointing out why someone would think of Sim as filler. I know he's there to fill a gameplay need. 

No, he's not just a function. He's one of the most recognizable characters in fighting games. He comes from a time when fighting characters didn't need underage-looking tits and asses to capture people's imaginations. I'm glad we get to see these characters for one more generation like this.

Anyway, let's move on to something more important. Ken looks fucking hot again. His haircut is textured and layered properly. The dye is masterfully applied. Capcom LISTENED!

I know a lot of people disagree, but watching true Dhalsim masters in both SF4 and V is really impressive. If he was "broken" like some people claim, there'd be tons of Dhalsim mains. But he has a high skill ceiling and is difficult to play at low levels. Plus he just keeps getting flashier with every game, so I'm glad to see him.

Blanka not so much. Green cancer. Of no value to anyone.

19 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm just pointing out why someone would think of Sim as filler. I know he's there to fill a gameplay need. 

Literally nobody has ever thought “Dhalsim should not be in this game because he doesn’t contribute to the narrative”. Anybody familiar enough with SF to even care about its story/lore would understand Sims inclusion as a SF2 veteran and distinct gameplay function (as you said). 

If not being story active makes you filler than SFV’s roster would lose like 20 characters lol. 

Edit: I don’t even like Sim, Honda, or Blanka, but don’t talk to me about them being waste slots when we are getting 3+ shotos every game

Edited by Vhozite
48 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I get why they're there, they're iconic, but I'm definitely tired of Dhalsim, Honda and Blanka. You could probably eliminate two of those slots with Necro or something. 

And yet all 3 look the best they ever did, including Blanka that in my eyes looks like an interesting char for the first time in many many years 

Mean they still had something to say as characters imho 

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

And yet all 3 look the best they ever did, including Blanka that in my eyes looks like an interesting char for the first time in many many years 

Mean they still had something to say as characters imho 

Exactly. They aren't rehashing the characters. This is arguably the best they've ever been! They are evolving and growing up with us. There is still something there and that means it's worth bringing them back! 

Edited by Daemos
11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Someone's never been in the story thread.

I'm going to say this as nicely as human possible:

Nobody gives a shit about this fucking story. If its going to get in the way of characters being in the game, it can triple fuck off.

Shoutouts to NRS dicking their customers twice: First by killing characters in the story and secondly by adding random bullshit guest characters to really make sure they don't bring anybody back.

Goated at hating their own fanbase.

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

I'm going to say this as nicely as human possible:

Shoutouts to NRS dicking their customers twice: First by killing characters in the story and secondly by adding random bullshit guest characters to really make sure they don't bring anybody back.

Goated at hating their own fanbase.

I'm going to say this as bluntly as possible. I don't really give fuck what you think. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

So I'm not quite at DoctrineDark's Warlord level of rampage on Strive yet, but I can say that for one small moment I was one of the top 25 Gios on PSN on the website that keeps track of player's ELO:

unknown.png

It was kind of a tiny goal to try and et there. Now I gotta see about cracking top 15 and maybe shooting at top 10.

Except for 9th place, you have the lowest variance of everyone up there.

Your play is amazingly consistent.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

I really hope Yipes get a spot. He’d be the only commentator I could see me keeping on, at least for any length of time.

I don't want canned Yipes. I don't want hearing his voice to become unspecial in any way.

Anyway, back to the prayer circle.

(please let the netcode be good)

18 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I really hope Yipes get a spot. He’d be the only commentator I could see me keeping on, at least for any length of time.

I want nothing but James Chen trying to explain a frame trap from a few years ago at Evo.

It was awkward, fumbling, explained nothing and accidentally hilarious.

That and whenever somebody gets a perfect he screams "SUCK MY NUTS".

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I am 100% sure that if we were to Rule 63 these characters and make them hot no one on this "wasted slots" bandwagon would spew that crap out again. That's how pathetic their argument is IMO.

But that’s not a pathetic argument that’s based argument. 

turn everyone into a bimbo with large tits and I’ll play your character!

50 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Alas, I struggle to be impressed by someone named like that because if you switch the Ks with Cs you get the word for "poop" in Italian, and it's also pronounced exactly like that.

He's been doing commentating for professional sumo in Japan for 300 years. The fact that he is lending his dark talents for SF6 is something.

I gotta say, I was a big fan of the V-system experiment (probably biased because Bison's V-system is godlike). It was a noble and chaotic experiment but I am very happy to see the characters with their full potential available at the ready again.

@EvilCanadiandoes the most detailed take on each of the characters in the above video so far. The fluidity and fidelity on display is mind-boggling. Blanka and Sim's stages look like photorealistic paintings.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

It's a fighting game, not a novel.

Dumb story shit getting in the way of characters coming back is the worst.

Like it or not, narratives are what helps games to attract newcomers.

The good thing is that with DLCs now we can have characters that due narrative are left out.

It sucks, but it gives the games the chance to push the narrative and then bring in a none canon appearance chars that are dead for example.

Now that the dust has settled I think Dhalsim, Ken and Honda look fantastic, but Blanka arguably looks the worst he's ever looked. He reminds me of the "paint big guy green to get monster for film" era à la Lou Ferrigno. Just looks super weird in this new artstyle, like a normal dude with fake teeth and an odd jawline.

But then again it's Blanka, so whatever. All I care about is whether my character of choice will be able to punish Blanka Ball on block without using meter or not.

15 minutes ago, delete_me said:

But then again it's Blanka, so whatever. All I care about is whether my character of choice will be able to punish Blanka Ball on block without using meter or not.

I wonder what parrying a Blanka ball looks like. Even if he still bounces away you might be able to cancel the parry into Drive Rush for a punish.