Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Please don't be mean to Blanka:

FcySxZiXwAEvnID?format=jpg&name=large

😭

This just in: A video of the disgraced head of the Master’s Foundation, Ken Masters, yelling at a Brazilian native has been given to us. Earlier this year, Masters has went into hiding after his company has been shown to have dealings with the criminal underworld.

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

This just in: A video of the disgraced head of the Master’s Foundation, Ken Masters, yelling at a Brazilian native has been given to us. Earlier this year, Masters has went into hiding after his company has been shown to have dealings with the criminal underworld.

Damn, Ken got divorced and immediately went racist. Ken gonna get written out from SF7 from being canceled by twitter.

This isn't the story mode we asked for, Capcom

😭

13 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

tbh I wouldn't be surprised to see the first DLC character coming out as either a pre-order bonus or *very* soon after launch

I think this is exactly what's gonna happen.

The DLC content will start rolling out after 1-2 months of release and that includes new characters and updates to the open world. We know from the leaks and the graffiti that is featured in the new world tour trailer that they likely planned for another 9 characters at least besides the 18 launch roster. 

1 minute ago, Daemos said:

I think this is exactly what's gonna happen.

The DLC content will start rolling out after 1-2 months of release and that includes new characters and updates to the open world. We know from the leaks and the graffiti that is featured in the new world tour trailer that they likely planned for another 9 characters at least besides the 18 launch roster. 

Damnd DLC when

Was pleasantly surprised with how polished that World Tour intro was. That’s going to be a great mode for new/casual players.

the character creation looks good too. one of my favourite thing to do in Souls game was to make a cool looking character. I hope you can make multiples, but with how baked they are into the WT mode, perhaps not.

No way I’m making a digital version of myself though. Nothing cool about a mildly out of shape 40-year old white dude in real life. Might as well make a cool character in the game.

Also, I watched some of those character overviews this morning and the combat looks really good. Drive Rush (I think it’s called, whatever the armor rush-in attack) seems to be pretty strong, but if everyone has it and it’s not free, then maybe it’ll be okay.

I do love how strong the characters seem off the bat, and seeing Dhalsim doing a jump back air fireball made me happy. Ibuki when?

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Was pleasantly surprised with how polished that World Tour intro was. That’s going to be a great mode for new/casual players.

the character creation looks good too. one of my favourite thing to do in Souls game was to make a cool looking character. I hope you can make multiples, but with how baked they are into the WT mode, perhaps not.

No way I’m making a digital version of myself though. Nothing cool about a mildly out of shape 40-year old white dude in real life. Might as well make a cool character in the game.

You sure about that fam? This dude was pretty damned cool.

MV5BMjAxNjU5MDQxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTY0

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Damn, Ken got divorced and immediately went racist. Ken gonna get written out from SF7 from being canceled by twitter.

This isn't the story mode we asked for, Capcom

😭

Probably the crime Ken was accused of was masterminding the Capcom-universe version of Jan. 6, attempting to stage a coup to have G instituted as President of the Earth.

Be on the lookout for shaky-cam footage of someone who appears to be Ken Masters tatsu-ing Nancy Pelosi's laptop.

Edited by Reticently
41 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ken is Street Fighter's Ezra Miller.

You hate to see it. 😔

This training room already shits all over any other training modes I've seen in other fighting games. It's gonna be great for more casual players too. Time and again I've tried to tell my more casual friends how to use the record feature to  practice how to beat certain moves, but they never even tried it. Now if they're having issues with something like Drive Impact, I can just tell them to do the Drive Impact defense training.

Max posted most of the supers currently in the game and Luke has an updated Critical Art. Previously, it was nearly identical to the level 3. Only differences being the bigger impact on the final hit and the walk off afterwards.

Now Luke’s CA (starts at 4:55) has different camera angles, the opponent trying to retaliate, and a close up of Luke after it finishes. No walk off anymore.

6 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

This training room already shits all over any other training modes I've seen in other fighting games. It's gonna be great for more casual players too. Time and again I've tried to tell my more casual friends how to use the record feature to  practice how to beat certain moves, but they never even tried it. Now if they're having issues with something like Drive Impact, I can just tell them to do the Drive Impact defense training.

SF5 had a really nice training mode room though. Feels like it doesn't get enough credit on this end since you could even set the dummy to delay tech.

Just now, Sonero said:

SF5 had a really nice training mode room though. Feels like it doesn't get enough credit on this end since you could even set the dummy to delay tech.

Yeah, it was great. But you've got people like my friends who have played SF regularly with me since 09 and don't even know what delay teching is. The stuff I'm seeing in this SF6 training room seems a lot more tangible for less experienced players.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't agree with you in the slightest. Do you follow lore at all? It doesn't seem so. I'm not even deep into MK lore and I heard the complaining about the story narrative in both 10 and 11. Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean the general community has the same feeling. The dissonance between hardcore fighting game fans and everyone else continues to be a thing.

You guys are both sorta right. I think Pertho is generally right that consistent lore is tertiary to just having a story in the first place. Did MK11 sell less than 10 because the writing might have been dog shit? We know the answer to that. Unless you pull a fucking Last Jedi on your IP people will slurp your content up as long as the game is fun and the characters are cool. 

10 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I think Pertho is generally right that consistent lore is tertiary to just having a story in the first place. Did MK11 sell less than 10 because the writing might have been dog shit? We know the answer to that.

I am beyond right. What's funny about Story Mode Monsters though, is that now they can literally skip buying a whole ass game due to WePlay stuff on youtube. They'll even shortchange devs because they'll just watch shit and call it a day. So not only do we potentially cuck people out of characters they want, there will be a section of people who still want people to lose out on characters for the sake of them watching story mode for free. What the fuck kind of shit is that?

Story People Logic: Kolin can't be in SF6 because Gil was defeated and her heart is broken so she's at home cooking or some shit. Anyways we need a new bad guy and a new bad guy assistant.

Poor Sonero Logic: Yeah of course you should think about putting Kolin in, people like her a lot. Can I get Color Edit Mode please?