Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I'm not landing any command grabs anymore, my opponents are all constantly holding up. I collect my medals nicely like a good Manon via her QCF Hitgrab, but I barely get to experience the rewards anymore.

Funnily enough it doesn't really have a big impact on my overall performance with her but the flying opponents are getting a bit lame.

This is what I was saying about her being boring outside of grabs. Like yeah the character can still function just fine but it takes a lot of excitement out of the character. Yeah I might win that way but it’s not fun lol.

5 hours ago, Volt said:

crackhead story fiends, people who want to make their ultimate waifu,

GUILTY ON BOTH COUNTS.

Although my avatar is literally a digital version my wife, so I’m getting the ultimate World Tour experience. I created myself but they don’t do Black tapered hair well, so went with waifu and WTM magically became more fun!

Edited by ToreyBeans
On 6/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, Shakunetsu said:

FxtB7zGaYAAvo83?format=jpg&name=large

XsRrIIM.png

SHENG LONG is now officially canon in street fighter IN-GAME, within the GAME the actual game

https://twitter.com/daddycool_exe/status/1664996986423222273

I fought him earlier today. He's level 90 and hits like freight truck. He's the hardest and highest level enemy I've seen in WTM. I've defeated all by one of the named fighters, so maybe whoever that is, is stronger?

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Capcom releases statement following 'very negative' reviews of Street Fighter 6's DLC packs

Most of the complaints are being lobbed against SF6's Year 1 Ultimate Pass, which is priced at $50 USD, but as Capcom said, the only content you're able to get out of it right now is 7,700 Drive Tickets in the game.

t currently sits with a 'very negative' user review rating on Steam.

The pack will eventually include all 4 Year 1 DLC characters in Rashid, A.K.I., Ed and Akuma as well as 2 costumes for each of them, colors for the outfits and 2 more stages.

It is understandable that players would be frustrated at not getting much of anything after dropping an additional $50 or $45 for the bundle, but the page description does state that the additional content will be released after the game launches.

04_rev.webp

Regarding the Year 1 Character Pass and Year 1 Ultimate Pass: the only content available at this time are the Drive Tickets. Additional content from the pass (characters, costumes, colors, stages) will be released sequentially at a later date.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1665409369251491840

Many of the negative reviews are calling the Drive Tickets not enough for how much items cost in the game, not including any alternate costumes for the base cast nor any Fighter Coins to purchase them with.

So yeah, unless you're really wanting those Drive Tickets, there's not much point to get the Year 1 Ultimate or Character pass until Rashid releases this Summer.

Yeah, that's the reason why I ended up buying the regular version rather than the Ultimate one.

There's no point in spending 120 bucks now when the "Ultimate" stuff is just a Season Pass for characters that will come out months from now and a bunch of Bison Dollars and you get the exact same stuff just by buying it later whenever you feel like.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1665371720297979912

12 minutes ago, Daemos said:

On meta critic, the negative reviews pertain to the game going woke. I mean honestly, politics aside how can any person give this game a 2 or 3 out of ten? Capcom did EVERYTHING.

Salt and hate have no logic. They might even be MK stans malding that Capcom is dunking on everybody right now.

Literally no one that matters cares. Why bother paying attention to this kind of nonsense?

45 minutes ago, Daemos said:

On meta critic, the negative reviews pertain to the game going woke. I mean honestly, politics aside how can any person give this game a 2 or 3 out of ten? Capcom did EVERYTHING.

Oh, the game is definitely supporting woke, alright.

Cammy's nostalgia costume is the stuff that keeps me awake even at night.

Edited by Phantom_Miria
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I fought him earlier today. He's level 90 and hits like freight truck. He's the hardest and highest level enemy I've seen in WTM. I've defeated all by one of the named fighters, so maybe whoever that is, is stronger?

Yeah there are too characters higher level than him. One 99 and the other 95. The level 95 one is harder though.

Spoiler

The character uses Bosch's Psycho Power moveset and is OP as all hell. 

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

i have ask the poster of his special moves, too bad they didnt adapt the fake rumor egm article.

i had high hopes initially of him throwing 2 ground projectile, a green flamed srk and a vertical head up spiningnbirdbkick lol

9 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

i have ask the poster of his special moves, too bad they didnt adapt the fake rumor egm article.

i had high hopes initially of him throwing 2 ground projectile, a green flamed srk and a vertical head up spiningnbirdbkick lol

Yeah he's just an overpowered Ryu. It's a shame because of there are some unique special moves for some of the WTM NPCs. 

At least we can all agree that selling season passes when you don't even know the entirety of its content except for vague descriptions or lists is fucking wack. That's why I'm glad Capcom outright announced all the characters that are in S1, but I'm also salty they excluded stages from it and it's now either a separate purchase or a more expensive version of the pass 

You win some you lose some 

Anyone else notice a little lag spike sometimes? Like 3 or 4 matches are fine, then in match number 5 there is a spike occuring, then it's fine again.

Weirdly enough I also saw that happening sometimes in practice mode and vs cpu.

Could that be denuvo or maybe because this game is online permanently and the servers are pretty busy with a fuckton of players at the same time?

why are some people are still so obseses with Dan? lol 

He deserve to be a bench and npc character but not a playable one, Sean deserve the spot

The only consideration for Dan to be playable, is to be a Blanka and Sakura assist

https://twitter.com/Alanfmonteiro23/status/1665512174867849218

that Deejay and Kim dance easteregg was great by the way

https://twitter.com/zack__game/status/1665330652537843712

Edited by Shakunetsu

I was doing some Guile trials yesterday when I remembered there was a bit of a discussion around his frame perfect Sonic Booms at some point. I think in practice this really is a non-issue, I actually had to deliberately use a different timing than I'm used to for charge moves to get the non-perfect version. But I think most people already came to that conclusion, just wanted to get it out the system.

One other thing I'd like to point out though is that his st.LK animation looks hilariously stupid. If you haven't seen it yet, please go check it out ASAP, absolutely worth it.

Fooled around with arcade mode a bit, the endings of Ryu and Ken are disappointing and solve no plot threads. Im assuming maybe the meat of SF6's story is in World Tour so I'll give Arcade a pass lol

But I must say, the CPU in this game seems alot more intelligent even on base difficulty. I couldn't use my usual spam and cheesy tacts to roll over them like I typically do, I actually had to use actually strategy to win.  I didnt have to bring out my best stuff but I couldn't slack off either or the CPU would punish me. Lmao

26 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Character usage spread across various FGC pros thus far (data incomplete but still)

Dee Jay - 15

JP, Manon - 14

Honda, Marisa - 11

Chun - 10

Cammy - 9

Juri, Ken - 8

Dhalsim, Lily, Ryu, Zangief - 7

Blanka, Jamie, Luke - 6

Guile - 5

Kimberly - 2

I was expecting Kimberly, particularly with Modern Controls, to be everywhere at launch but I've run into literally a single one so far. Same goes for Blanka, who was all over the place in SFIV but for some reason people seem to have stopped caring about him after 09 (not complaining).

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

But I must say, the CPU in this game seems alot more intelligent even on base difficulty. I couldn't use my usual spam and cheesy tacts to roll over them like I typically do, I actually had to use actually strategy to win.  I didnt have to bring out my best stuff but I couldn't slack off either or the CPU would punish me. Lmao

The "AI" in this is super interesting for a Street Fighter.  On hardest, it'll keep doing a thing that works and stop doing things that you punish.

Edited by Reticently