Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Back in my day we had to tick before throw!

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Then between long ass normals, Drive Impact, PArry and jumping, I don't even know why Ryu has a fireball.

She can also spin through his fireballs too ala SFV Balrog. Even has an attack follow-up from it like he does. 

I forgot to use it because I like spamming drive impact lol

Edited by Vhozite

Its weird so far. Ryu has good normals, but he feels like he is fighting a bunch of mutants. There's about as many ways to get around fireballs as there were in 5 too (on top of system stuff).

Gonna need like two days in a row of just going over through things. Feels like you gotta know a lot about characters to fight them properly. Probably why dudes are losing their shit.

11 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

HOT TAKE!!

Don't want to spam the SF chat with Mk stuff but personally i'm hating on the in game character models! Everything else is ridiculous. Beautiful backgrounds, cool music, nice effects on all the fire, ice, electricity and blood, gory fatals ,new x rays, very cool stuff. It's just something about them in game is rubbing the wronggg way!!

Yeah, I don't want to derail it either, but I thought it was an improvement. It's still far from perfect, but the previous games looked a lot rougher and stiffer.

11 hours ago, Vhozite said:

@Hawkingbird(or anyone who has played these games) help me find a main in SF6 based on my past mains. 

SF4: Vega

SFV: Nash

Injustice 2: Supergirl

MK11: Frost

Xrd: Baiken

Strive: Nagoryuki

I love SF6 but so far nobody is scratching the itch

Based on this list, I’m going to say Cammy, Ken, or maybe Juri… Or you may be a Rashidoh main

11 hours ago, Sonero said:

Why are Manon normals so fucking long? Goddamn, I can't think of a good way to even start approaching the broad.

Then between long ass normals, Drive Impact, PArry and jumping, I don't even know why Ryu has a fireball.

😭

In my experience, just drive impact through stHK and stHP.

Once she's scared of using heavies, her mediums are underwhelming on their own.

Maybe but she can poke pretty well with cr.lk and a few other low commit buttons. Also I gotta keep in mind that I'm not really playing this like I did Strive so that affects my ability to learn how to fight things at all.

😂

Gotta get myself on the work out plan I deviced for improving. Don't have  a lot of time do things in this game.

8 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Do you think they'll show/tease Rashid on their showcase on Monday? I feel like it's a bit too soon, but on the other hand it would be a good way to keep the current momentum going.

Why do they need to keep momentum  wound what’s already happening? The game has been out 1 week and everyone loves it.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Rashid showcase but that feels unnecessary right now.

It's E3 season, Mortal Kombat just had a big presentation, the internet moves fast. From this perspective I could see why they would want to show something.

But on the other hand, waiting until all of that stuff has cooled down and then getting back into the discussion with Rashid might even be a better strategy.

18 hours ago, Sonero said:

Its weird so far. Ryu has good normals, but he feels like he is fighting a bunch of mutants. There's about as many ways to get around fireballs as there were in 5 too (on top of system stuff).

Gonna need like two days in a row of just going over through things. Feels like you gotta know a lot about characters to fight them properly. Probably why dudes are losing their shit.

I didn't see the part about "but I think he's really a slept-on top tier". 🤨 

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

AAfehFAAEjTM.jpg

Nothing too surprising here. 

JP just seems like a character that simply won't exist at certain ranks depending on whether his player "gets it" or not. He gets his ass beat free by literally everyone until the player gets it, then immediately rises three ranks in an hour.

Top 5 or 6 characters, no surprise. 

Lily's popularity seems strongly tied to region. NA and JP seems to be her only home?  But it also seems like the bloom is coming off the rose as people aren't winning with her. Lots of complaints about move input overlap, feast or famine normals, etc

I'm happy I didn't choose a popular character this time around. Even if he is as dumb and op as reddit says maybe he'll escape the nerf bat on being rare enough not to be a bother.