Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

3rd and 4th waves? Damn, we ain't even out of the 1st yet.

I haven't looked at your numbers, but you probably had at least one wave before this. 

Just has to do with how new contagious diseases propagate through a population, and the lag time between being exposed and coming down with the illness.

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Now the big issue is the long haulers. For w/e reason there seem to be more articles slowly trickling in on them in the US than the rest of the world.

It's cause we're fat, old, and wash our hands too much/use too much hand sanitizer 🤷‍♀️ Buddy sent me an article last night that said that India has a CFR considerably lower than the US because people there have a better immune system due to lack of infrastructure in the lower working classes to support hygiene. Population density and the fact that they aren't all fat helps too. 

But all this stuff are mostly hypotheses in the early stages 

16 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I haven't looked at your numbers, but you probably had at least one wave before this. 

The graphic is pretty much one long plateau and then a steady drop. If we get a big increase, it'll be called the 2nd wave.

I'll take a look at the US numbers when I get home to see what's up.

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I learned this writing technical guidance for States on behalf of USDOT. Simple declarative sentences were always the go to. You aren't able to "flower" the language based on the style guide. You pretty much have to write at an 8th grade level. 

Efficient is most effective. 

16 minutes ago, scorp said:

Snip

You know, I had hella chill for a lot of it. But I've had to hold d3v and preppy lying about me after I got banned. 

So hey, if they're magically in charge, then they should be able to work on that. Otherwise they should just put it in the rules that dudes can talk about your dying mothers as disrespectful as possible.

Preppy leaked the receipts and still pretended to be the victim, d3v defended that and here this dude is handwaving it for a small amount of power.

:coffee:

15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You know, I had hella chill for a lot of it. But I've had to hold d3v and preppy lying about me after I got banned. 

So hey, if they're magically in charge, then they should be able to work on that. Otherwise they should just put it in the rules that dudes can talk about your dying mothers as disrespectful as possible.

Preppy leaked the receipts and still pretended to be the victim, d3v defended that and here this dude is handwaving it for a small amount of power.

Yea, I'd just say fuck em. No need to attack Lantis either lol

It's terrible what was said about your mom and they deserve all the dicks in the mouth for it.

But we're in a better place here, so they can be left in those ruins

cc665b75ed0353cfd90e5efc5d48ae30.gif

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Speaking of which, besides El Paso, how's the US faring in regards to CoVid?

Not so good.

unknown.png

They call it a "third wave" but the first two never really ended.

The good news is that deaths have come down and are not nearly as bad as the first wave.  But if cases keep spiking and hospitals get overwhelmed again that could take a turn for the worse too.

unknown.png

14 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I saw a video once where someone tracked down some of the memes from the 2000s and 2010s to see where they are in life. That girl actually turned out to be really pretty, and happily married. And she took being a meme in stride it seems.

I've always wondered if non celebrity people who end up as memes know that they're being used as memes and what they think of it, especially the memes that denote bad things like that crazy eyes girl. 🤔 

14 hours ago, Sonero said:

Dont spot dodge the question.

Why am i still banned Mr Mod?

For someone who was saying "fuck Srk" etc you seem to have a hard time letting the place go. You're in a better place, enjoy it and stop worrying about what's going on over there as if you don't have alts you could use to check up on it. 

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Most comedians are to a degree, but he's one of the best stand-ups working today imho. 

He’s funny, but he seems like he’s very full of himself and I get the vibe that he’s rude AF to the common person.

I’ve seen Trevor Noah and Sebastian Maniscalco live within the last few years and both those guys are awesome. Sebastian Maniscalco almost made me piss my pants, literally.

MegaBee productions present.....

MegaBee TV!

Programming lineup: (Tentative)

Million's MEGA Pizza Challenge:

Premise: contestants will have to make the BEST Pizza available from whatever ingredients they're randomly given!

Pilot: Reitcently vs Axeman61!    Judges: Million, Salma Hayek, Tulsi Gabbard

DrMario's MEGA MUSIC Symposium:

Premise: DrMario and  Volt discuss the newest music trends and jam out with a different music act each week!

First guest: AC/DC!

Starhammer's SEXY MEGA MAGA MASH:

Premise: One liberal and one conservative have to wrestle in waist deep oatmeal. The winner gets to have one bill passed in both the HOR and Senate!

The loser has to wear a T-shirt with whatever the winner designates for one month!

Pilot: GPK vs Starhammer!

Optimus124's SOJOURN THROUGH THE STARS!

Premise: Join Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson and Op as they distruss astrophysics, design new aircraft, and eat at Uranus!

Pertho's AY PAPI Puertoriqueno Paradise!

1 hr of aerobic dance with Pertho, Razor, Ricky Martin!

2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I can't hear about lizard people without thinking about the TV show "V".

Near where I grew up in, Washington there is a city called Yelm that is the home of what is called the Ramtha  School of Enlightenment. It’s some cult that believes some woman is able to channel some old scholar from 35,000 years ago. Iirc the scholar was once apart of some high order in Atlantis. 

Apparently, one of their biggest fear is lizard people taking over the earth like the Skrulls. Cause when I was about maybe 16 or 17 a friend and I were randomly walking around Yelm and we ended up at the gates of the “school” and there were two armed guards there. My friend knew it was the Ramtha cult but I had no idea as I didn’t go to Yelm often. 

When we asked why they needed to be packing so hard one of the guards looked my friend and dead in the eyes and dead ass said “To protect the children from the Lizard People” 

We replied “oh, cool.” while trying not to laugh our asses off. My friend had to later explain to me what the Ramtha cult was 

also im not even kidding 

https://www.ramtha.com

The head of the school JZ Knight claims that if you follow the teachings told to her by Ramtha and walk the path of light or some dumb shit you will unlock your inner abilities. Things like ESP, Pyrokenesis, Healing factor, etc. 

Edited by iStu X
13 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I get the vibe that he’s rude AF to the common person.

The man grew up in Chicago and has lived in New York his whole adult life. Chances of him being an asshole to people he doesn't know is 100%.  (sorry all you big-city folk, but I'd be the same way after years of dealing with clinically insane people on the subway)

15 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Sebastian Maniscalco almost made me piss my pants, literally.

the office smile GIF

48 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

For someone who was saying "fuck Srk" etc you seem to have a hard time letting the place go.

It isnt really a stretch to say that I got told some of the vilest shit said on SRK. Then the person who said pretended he was the victim.  Now everybody is going to pretend that it didnt happen the way it did to feel good about still posting in SRK.

That whole situation is an accidental real time psychological/anthropological experiment.  

But it says a lot about what the current GD mod that he saw it go down, refused to inform himself and then thought that "kiss and make up" was some shit to say.

Gotta keep acting like that isnt high levels of trash behavior.  Plenty of people said more to me for less. So,

Edited by Sonero
Also I signed up for premium here as soon as I could but modded SRK for years and own 0 srk merch. Dont wanna hear it.

No one is acting like it isnt trash behaivor. We are just wonderwing why you wont let it go, keep bringing it randomly when it has little bearing on the convo, and why you are harassing Lantis about it when you know he cant do anything.

We all agree it was fucked up. 

I'd say Lantis has other shit to worry about what with GPK telling Trumpers to commit suicide by bombing rallies in The Lounge Thread. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Where's the meat? Where's the mayonnaise? This looks like one of them dirty hippy liberal sandwiches. 

Where I come from, sandwiches are MEAT VESSELS FOR MEAT AND MAYO

ren and stimpy GIF

I get it, I get it... America is fat lol

I think @DangerousJwill appreciate the sandwich of his people.

Edited by scorp
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I'd say Lantis has other shit to worry about what with GPK telling Trumpers to commit suicide by bombing rallies in The Lounge Thread. 

GPK is a grade A shitbag. Of all the people I'm glad didn't come over here, she's top of my list. 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Gotta keep acting like that isnt high levels of trash behavior.  Plenty of people said more to me for less. So,

SRK is all but dead, anybody who's a mod over there is presiding over just shy of a ghost town, and most of the folks that really made GD what it was are here. You won. Move on.

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

MegaBee productions present.....

MegaBee TV!

Programming lineup: (Tentative)

Million's MEGA Pizza Challenge:

Premise: contestants will have to make the BEST Pizza available from whatever ingredients they're randomly given!

Pilot: Reitcently vs Axeman61!    Judges: Million, Salma Hayek, Tulsi Gabbard

DrMario's MEGA MUSIC Symposium:

Premise: DrMario and  Volt discuss the newest music trends and jam out with a different music act each week!

First guest: AC/DC!

Starhammer's SEXY MEGA MAGA MASH:

Premise: One liberal and one conservative have to wrestle in waist deep oatmeal. The winner gets to have one bill passed in both the HOR and Senate!

The loser has to wear a T-shirt with whatever the winner designates for one month!

Pilot: GPK vs Starhammer!

Optimus124's SOJOURN THROUGH THE STARS!

Premise: Join Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson and Op as they distruss astrophysics, design new aircraft, and eat at Uranus!

Pertho's AY PAPI Puertoriqueno Paradise!

1 hr of aerobic dance with Pertho, Razor, Ricky Martin!

I'm onboard with ALL of this 😂

25 minutes ago, scorp said:

Ain't nothing wrong with veggies! Just means they're gonna flavour it even better.

I have some friends FROM India who came over and started a group of vegetarian Indian food places in Atlanta and I think they even have one in Houston now. If that was what being a vegetarian was all about, I would sign up in a HEARTBEAT. Indian is in my top 3 favorite foods and that was some of the best Indian I ever ate. If you're in or around Atlanta, Cafe Udipi is the truth. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!