Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, JHDK said:

Ian McKellen brought so much charm, warmth, and humanity into the role of a what was pretty much a corporealized mid-tier angel, that I simply cannot see anyone else having pulled of Gandalf even a 10th so well. McKellen's Gandalf was, dare I say, MAGIC

Hence when I said the movie dodged a bullet, Ian McKellen was not even the Peter Jackson first choice for the role, serval other actors ether turned down the role or later appear unsuitable. Connery only plays one role, and he passed up serval roles as he didn't get or understood the film. He was not even that good of an actor.

https://kvia.com/news/us-world/2020/10/31/a-florida-man-was-mauled-by-a-leopard-after-paying-150-for-a-full-contact-experience-2/

Dwight Turner and the leopard’s owner, Michael Poggi, 54, arranged for him to “play with it, rub its belly and take pictures” on Poggi’s property in Davie, FWC said in a captive wildfire report.

After Poggi unlocked the leopard’s cage, Dwight Turner entered and sat on a bench inside when the leopard “growled and attacked Mr. Turner biting him on the head and ear,” said the FWC report.

“Mr. Turner sustained injuries to the right side of his head and right ear. Mrs. Turner stated that she had to place part of Mr. Turner’s scalp back in place because it was hanging from his head and his right ear was torn in half,” the FWC said.

Poggi was issued two misdemeanor citations for allowing full contact with an extremely dangerous animal and with maintaining captive wildlife in an unsafe condition causing extensive damage, according to FWC.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Uhhhh if you’re a Scot, you’re British. 

the U.K. includes England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. He was Knighted. They don’t Knight non Brits. 

oh yeah, he also served in the British Navy. The guy was a Brit through and through. 

I think people conflate british with english

Spoiler

Nice to see the Darkstalkers finally get a W. 

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

ah, I didn't know this one was coming up but they just premiered it recently today...

Sadly for werewolf fans, these 2 characters are the only notable times I can think of in gaming history where you get to play a werewolf....hahaha unless one is willing to count Sonic in that "Unleashed" game when he was one. 

edit--Sabrewulf also has one of my favorite themes of all time, from the original "Killer Cuts" CD

Edited by BB_Hoody
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

misterBee pls!

👀

There's no need for me to step in.  Just hanging out watching the The Connery Wars unfold.

Ima just say that things that were more socially acceptable back then aren't acceptable now.  Guy was a product of his time, for better or for worse.

2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

anybody know of a good video downloader?  Apowersoft has gone to shit.

My man why are you using software to do it?  You can just do it using a webpage:

https://keepv.id/

22 minutes ago, misterBee said:

There's no need for me to step in.  Just hanging out watching the The Connery Wars unfold.

Ima just say that things that were more socially acceptable back then aren't acceptable now.  Guy was a product of his time, for better or for worse.

My man why are you using software to do it?  You can just do it using a webpage:

https://keepv.id/

okay, it looks like some videos are just cursed.  even on there it's screwing up.  Gonna have to go with the nuclear option it seems.

EDIT:  Okay.  One good uppercut to the computer's throat and it's working.  Thanks.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
4 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

anybody know of a good video downloader?  Apowersoft has gone to shit.

I use Ant.com's video downloader. Just an easy to use chrome extension.

And from your previous post, yes, probably a lot of betting sites do illegal stuff. But if they've been around a while, they're probably -pretty- good about paying out.

I still can't register though so it might be  a moot point. Btw Betfair is giving 2.88-1 payouts for Trump, so I could potentially 3x my money (minus whatever commission they take).

Yes I'm betting on Trump because the polls are wack and he's doing well in swing states (which are all that really matter). And Texas is not a swing state like CNN says.

35 minutes ago, Scanman said:

I use Ant.com's video downloader. Just an easy to use chrome extension.

And from your previous post, yes, probably a lot of betting sites do illegal stuff. But if they've been around a while, they're probably -pretty- good about paying out.

I still can't register though so it might be  a moot point. Btw Betfair is giving 2.88-1 payouts for Trump, so I could potentially 3x my money (minus whatever commission they take).

Yes I'm betting on Trump because the polls are wack and he's doing well in swing states (which are all that really matter). And Texas is not a swing state like CNN says.

2.8 isn't bad.  I'd have to put a good bit on the line, but I could make a little bank from it.

I dont' think I'm gonna do it this time though.  The next time around I might bite.  I don't use chrome, but I'll check that site out.

4 hours ago, Scanman said:

Yo this storm about to hit the Phillipines finna pick up the entire island chain...

Hope those people have some underground shelters or something.

Elrn1-sX0AAvMuM.jpg&cfs=1&ext=jpg&_nc_cb

Hi man. 

Im in manila a city in the philippines and safe but some province here like albay were sunken and people were on the top of there roof.

We still had a major covid case here that govt is just ignoring. Govt here inacts slow to tragedy and crisis.

Edited by Shakunetsu
14 hours ago, Sonero said:

https://kvia.com/news/us-world/2020/10/31/a-florida-man-was-mauled-by-a-leopard-after-paying-150-for-a-full-contact-experience-2/

Dwight Turner and the leopard’s owner, Michael Poggi, 54, arranged for him to “play with it, rub its belly and take pictures” on Poggi’s property in Davie, FWC said in a captive wildfire report.

After Poggi unlocked the leopard’s cage, Dwight Turner entered and sat on a bench inside when the leopard “growled and attacked Mr. Turner biting him on the head and ear,” said the FWC report.

“Mr. Turner sustained injuries to the right side of his head and right ear. Mrs. Turner stated that she had to place part of Mr. Turner’s scalp back in place because it was hanging from his head and his right ear was torn in half,” the FWC said.

Poggi was issued two misdemeanor citations for allowing full contact with an extremely dangerous animal and with maintaining captive wildlife in an unsafe condition causing extensive damage, according to FWC.

This is reminds me of the other reason to not own dangerous animals--- the issue of liability....you're obviously wide open for all kinds of juicy lawsuit action when a dangerous pet injures or kills someone, especially on your property.  It's just always going to be a lose-lose situation, but I doubt most people really think about this possible result when getting whatever vicious hellbeast they want to keep as a pet for some reason.

sheeeittt, this reminded me ....and old high school friend's dog was one of the most dangerous I've ever seen in person... it was one reason I was reluctant to visit his house back in the day.  Of course, he named him "Cujo", which was definitely a fitting name.  The guy's dog looked like a final boss, man... like the "Kelbeross" demon dogs from old-era Ninja Gaiden..... I've never seen a dog that muscular....it was like he was fed a steady diet of steroids.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

This is reminds me of the other reason to not own dangerous animals--- the issue of liability....you're obviously wide open for all kinds of juicy lawsuit action when a dangerous pet injures or kills someone, especially on your property.  It's just always going to be a lose-lose situation, but I doubt most people really think about this possible result when getting whatever vicious hellbeast they want to keep as a pet for some reason.

I think the people who choose to own those animals are aware of the dangers. It's the potential profits will always outweigh the danger. 

9 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

This song encapsulates the 2020 campaigns..

The 2020 Camapigns to get mod powers after I got banned maybe. Tulsi and Yang got done hella dirty though.

US parties are quickly reaching the place the Puerto Rican ones are at: it is blatantly obvious you can trust them and there may be more vocal disconent at both of them.  

The US is way bigger though. That probably makes it harder to really get at either party.  After the Tulsi/Yang hit job, its kinda hard to look at the Dems for anything. Reps gonna ride the Trump wave for 8 years if he wins (4 for Trump's second term and another 4 for the consequent elections).  Massive bad trip.

I would hope not. Riots arent gonna do anybody any good other than construction companies.

There are rumors of people extra police shifts and other stuff. But all that is a lot of news media nonsense. 

People are trying to meme a Civil War scenario out of this. But mothing has really happened that needs arms to resolve.  Any violence we'd be able to blame on the bad effects of social media. 

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I would hope not. Riots arent gonna do anybody any good other than construction companies.

There are rumors of people extra police shifts and other stuff. But all that is a lot of news media nonsense. 

People are trying to meme a Civil War scenario out of this. But mothing has really happened that needs arms to resolve.  Any violence we'd be able to blame on the bad effects of social media. 

In Tristate area there's reason to believe it will go down that path. A few days ago a bunch of trump supporters trashed a Biden campaign bus. Over the weekend trump supporters stopped traffic at the Garden State Parkway. The chaos is rearing it's ugly head.