Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No, my birthday and Christmas happen within a two week span. The two of them are greater than just your birthday. 

1) Having “holidays” that close together sucks. I feel bad for you. 

2) my birthday is the only holiday that matters as when I was born it became the day everyone was given the opportunity to become apart of my life. Which if it happens is the highest honor one can achieve. 

3) I don’t care if the Kennedy assassination happened on my birthday 23 years before I was born and that sometimes my birthday falls on thanksgiving. The day is MINE and mine alone. 

Edited by iStu X
22 minutes ago, iStu X said:

1) Having “holidays” that close together sucks. I feel bad for you.

Nah it's work out well for me. Whatever I wanted most for Christmas growing up, I asked for on my birthday. So I got that early. Anyone that gave me a double gift, birthday/Christmas gift , got a lifetime banishment to the Phantom Zone with no chance for parole. Rarely had to do that, but it was an easy way to decide who needed to...

Nzwcv52.gif

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah it's work out well for me. Whatever I wanted most for Christmas growing up, I asked for on my birthday. So I got that early. Anyone that gave me a double gift, birthday/Christmas gift , got a lifetime banishment to the Phantom Zone with no chance for parole. Rarely had to do that, but it was an easy way to decide who needed to...

Nzwcv52.gif

tl:dr, just saw the gif and so 
proxy.png?width=1236&height=695

7 hours ago, weneedhim said:

What did you have planned for your peonic Zelda thread?

Planned? The former title was "The Zelda Thread: Watch the Champions die like SRK on Nov. 20th!"

But I suppose it's worth trading for the chill vibes. The Americans will need these after this election. 🤣

27 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

How are we 10 months in and still can't get this right?

Because for a while the few SRKers  posting in the lounge in the early days of it were keeping people significantly better informed than the news channels. The SRK CoVid thread also did a better job of informing people about the situation, where the danger was (overloaded hospitals and easy transmission), and keeping people calm.

At this point people are essentially burnt out because they weren't spoken to honestly from the jump.  Then the virus was turned into a weird political tit for tat situation when both parties did dumb shit involving it early on.  But the Trump admin didn't really bother taking control of the situation until it was going to explode in their faces so here we are.

Messaging is all broken, its a long term issue and life is FUBAR.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Because for a while the few SRKers  posting in the lounge in the early days of it were keeping people significantly better informed than the news channels. The SRK CoVid thread also did a better job of informing people about the situation, where the danger was (overloaded hospitals and easy transmission), and keeping people calm.

At this point people are essentially burnt out because they weren't spoken to honestly from the jump.  Then the virus was turned into a weird political tit for tat situation when both parties did dumb shit involving it early on.  But the Trump admin didn't really bother taking control of the situation until it was going to explode in their faces so here we are.

Messaging is all broken, its a long term issue and life is FUBAR.

I remember when this started and told my wife this is going to be "different". She was part of the "if you get it, it'll be fine. No need in not living life" control group. That was until one of her mom's closest friends died from it. 

I got family who have been gravely ill from the flu pulling that same shit and stating there isn't a need to wear a mask  because life is too short. They've also gone anti-vaxx and got WOKE. I can barely talk to them without them preaching how lizard people are controlling things. Sometimes you just gotta love people from afar. 

15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's probably still my favorite Chappelle Show skit. I remember watching it on the premiere and going "Oh sh-- its just doing down".

It was definitely one his best. The Niggar Family is one of my favorites too. I've told the story before but that sketch came on while I was out in a bar/pool hall with friends. The only black people in the bar were me and a girl that I didn't know.  I didn't catch this, my friend did. The rest of the bar wouldn't laugh until me and that girl did. It was a hilarious. There were like 100 white people there. We were out numbered 50 to 1. What we were gonna do? 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

They've also gone anti-vaxx and got WOKE. I can barely talk to them without them preaching how lizard people are controlling things

That has a few things going for it. It preys on people's ignorance and skepticism. It also sort of preys on their laziness. When you run into an anti-vaxx or some other crazy ass video, you're getting one "side" of an issue presented in a persuasive way. They also work hard at making you feel like anti-vaxxers are being persecuted; so if you find that info you're in the know.

The flip to it is that once you watch those vids, you feel like the way they presented the information that antivaxxers were debunk was correct. They don't need to hear the other side in full because the antivax/woke nonsense already talked about it. That last bit is the real hurdle to jump through because its tangled up with people's biases and ways in which they view themselves (I am totally smart enough to not be duped/ I know what I read).

Strangely enough this stuff is some of what I had to deal with involving my mom's situation. Only problem was that I had the oncologist feeding happy go lucky nonsense (which is also why people become jaded towards Doctors, they see them as all encompassing knowledge bases rather than very learned individuals that can fuck up).

Honestly people are weird, powered by even weirder stuff and you gotta just accept it. Look at the situation with Preppy/d3v. Its the most straight forward nonsense in the world, you can get the PMs if you want to find out what was said and wasn't and people still chose to ignore it and pretend it was something else. If people create weird stories in their head and ignore information right in front of them for something small, don't be surprised at how much crazy nonsense happens with things like the US government where people have actual incentives to be selfish as all hell.

56 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'm in a few woodworking groups on Facebook. Boy people are in their feelings today. The Triggering comes in all shapes, sizes, and the colors red and blue. 

Keep the rifle loaded and ready.  You know they about to act all the fool tonight. 

spacer.png

Ride in, start shooting, and don't stop until sunrise.  They trying to be decepticons and night of the living dead out here tonight.

47 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I can barely talk to them without them preaching how lizard people are controlling things. Sometimes you just gotta love people from afar. 

I can't hear about lizard people without thinking about the TV show "V".  Especially the leader of the lizards, Diana.

image.png.c507f2b7174da8fe78b57db7e254ee71.png

I wish she would've come to my house strutting around in that outfit.  You can invade out planet baby, but when I catch you bending over I'm gonna smash the moon.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
13 minutes ago, Volt said:

Speaking of which, besides lol Paso, how's the US faring in regards to CoVid?

We're peaking on our third wave of CoVid, but it's just taking off in rural America so the fourth wave is just getting started.

Generally speaking most of the real blow ups are still localized.  We harp on the yahoos, but generally speaking the people who are masking up and socially distancing are keeping the whole country from being on fire with it all at once.

The mask/asymptomatic dynamic of this situation is another that really made this situation a lot worse.

Now the big issue is the long haulers. For w/e reason there seem to be more articles slowly trickling in on them in the US than the rest of the world. Sweden has sort of let it rock. There should be more reports of people with long term issues there but it isnt materializing.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

We're peaking on our third wave of CoVid, but it's just taking off in rural America so the fourth wave is just getting started.

Generally speaking most of the real blow ups are still localized.  We harp on the yahoos, but generally speaking the people who are masking up and socially distancing are keeping the whole country from being on fire with it all at once.

3rd and 4th waves? Damn, we ain't even out of the 1st yet.

Against all odds, the numbers have been plummeting here.

Still at a concerning ~400 daily deaths, but considering we had ~1000, that's a relief.

Unfortunately, not all news are good. 2 of my closest cousins caught it. They're young and outside of any risk groups, so I'm not really concerned, but I'm still apprehensive about the whole deal.