Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

One thing dudes who are vegetarian have to watch out for is eating too much soy (which is often used in veggie burgers and other meat replicas). It boosts your estrogen levels and gets you to panzy levels real quick  (trust me, I know).

though that sandwich and Indian food doesn’t use soy. Paneer is the shit tho

Lot of new shit is used with pea protein and wheat gluten which is nice.

And I still don't believe that plant estrogen affecting human males too much. 

Did it really do shit to you? lol

Edited by scorp
2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

You've come a long way,  Hot Rod ......

Left:  2021  Studio Series '86

Right  2006 (Japan) Classics 

A5zX8rR.jpg

lQhCwo4.jpg

That left one is dope! I may have to get some of these. About 5 years ago, I saw a Starscream in a store where he had the crown on during his 86 coronation for like $60 cad and walked away from it and regretted that since... and yes, I was being a bitch then too 🤣

6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Yes. I’ve been vegetarian for like 8 years now and when I started, every meal I ate for the first few years had some sort of soy meat replacement in it. After a while, and I mean like a year or two, I really became very sensitive. I would cry watching movies, more so than my wife would. I once had to pull over and nearly vomited from seeing roadkill. I typed one really angry YouTube comment on an MKX fatality video about how gross they were and I remember threatening to go to some censor bureau thing with it, and did a lot of other bitch things. I knew I wasn’t being myself but couldn’t figure out why until I heard that estrogen bit and thought of the timeline and it made perfect sense. I still eat soy once in a while but not multiple times a day and stopped being (as much of, lol) a bitch 

So you actually became a soyboy. You really are what you eat huh?

Regarding the soy discussion:

Important to note that soy is high in isoflavones which is a type of plant estrogen (phytoestrogen). It functions similar to human estrogen but its effects are much weaker. The isoflavones can bind to estrogen receptors in our bodies and cause weak estrogenic activity OR anti-estrogenic activity.

Studies have shown that soy consumption does not impact men's reproductive hormones:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19524224/

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

One thing dudes who are vegetarian have to watch out for is eating too much soy (which is often used in veggie burgers and other meat replicas). It boosts your estrogen levels and gets you to panzy levels real quick  (trust me, I know).

though that sandwich and Indian food doesn’t use soy. Paneer is the shit tho

Yeah. I don't consume raw soy products because they are loaded with antinutrients that can prevent the absorption of iodine, calcium, iron, etc. I do like fermented soy products like natto and miso and fermented tofu.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Yes. I’ve been vegetarian for like 8 years now and when I started, every meal I ate for the first few years had some sort of soy meat replacement in it. After a while, and I mean like a year or two, I really became very sensitive. I would cry watching movies, more so than my wife would. I once had to pull over and nearly vomited from seeing roadkill. I typed one really angry YouTube comment on an MKX fatality video about how gross they were and I remember threatening to go to some censor bureau thing with it, and did a lot of other bitch things. I knew I wasn’t being myself but couldn’t figure out why until I heard that estrogen bit and thought of the timeline and it made perfect sense. I still eat soy once in a while but not multiple times a day and stopped being (as much of, lol) a bitch 

You shall now be dubbed 

MatPlusFramesKingCrimsonCornFlakesEXSoyboyTatsu

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Holy shit man...

My wife is obsessed with "fake meat stuff" but it doesn't do anything for me. I like them good ol fashioned veggies 🤤

I very much loved the flavour of meat when I became a vegetarian and it was very hard for me. If it wasn’t tofu equivalents to hotdogs/sausages, chicken, cold cuts, or burgers, I had a hard time accepting it as a meal. A lot of this stuff was pretty “not good” but I went around and found really good alternatives that tasted close to the real thing, and was happy as hell.

But, eating in restaurants wasn’t so easy and I’d usually just eat veggie side dishes and salads. By the time I decided to slow down on the tofu stuff, I didn’t have an issue accepting steamed veggies and mashed potatoes (for example) as a meal. 

Hmm worrying, I wanted to try the impossible burger. Looking at the ingredients, it has so many soy products my tongue would get messed up, too

Ingredients Impossible Burger: Water, soy protein concentrate, coconut oil, sunflower oil, natural flavors, 2% or less of: potato protein, methylcellulose, yeast extract, cultured dextrose, food starch modified, soy leghemoglobin, salt, soy protein isolate, mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), zinc gluconate, thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1), sodium ascorbate (vitamin C), niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin B12.

BeyondBurger_PKG_Render_734x553-1-1.png

Now the Beyond Burger doesn't have soy or modified starch in it, so it's already looking much better. I think I'll give this one a try

Ingredients Beyond Burger : Water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, beet juice extract (for color)

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hmm worrying, I wanted to try the impossible burger. Looking at the ingredients, it has so many soy products my tongue would get messed up, too

Ingredients Impossible Burger: Water, soy protein concentrate, coconut oil, sunflower oil, natural flavors, 2% or less of: potato protein, methylcellulose, yeast extract, cultured dextrose, food starch modified, soy leghemoglobin, salt, soy protein isolate, mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), zinc gluconate, thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1), sodium ascorbate (vitamin C), niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin B12.

BeyondBurger_PKG_Render_734x553-1-1.png

Now the Beyond Burger doesn't have soy or modified starch in it, so it's already looking much better. I think I'll give this one a try

Ingredients Beyond Burger : Water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, beet juice extract (for color)

Give the beyond italian sausage a try... It's so fucken good.

11 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I've never been a fan of imitation or substitute anything. I'd rather just eat or not eat whatever it is in question.

This. It makes no sense to me.

Either you wanna go vegetarian/vegan (couldn't be me, but hey, whatever works for you) or you don't. If you eat plant patties, you're eating lie patties. Just stop overpaying and eat the real deal.

And to all people that went vegetarian/vegan because "muh poor animals", look up how the soy planting is fucking up Brazil's environment to critical extents.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

And to all people that went vegetarian/vegan because "muh poor animals", look up how the soy planting is fucking up Brazil's environment to critical extents.

Pretty sure that's just a Brazil government problem.

No soy farm should destroy the environment than a meat farm.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

This. It makes no sense to me.

Either you wanna go vegetarian/vegan (couldn't be me, but hey, whatever works for you) or you don't. If you eat plant patties, you're eating lie patties. Just stop overpaying and eat the real deal.

Not everyone goes vegetarian because of the animals though.

I don’t like explaining why I am because I feel like it comes off as me trying to convert, which is the last thing I want to do. I hate those fucking people. I don’t like someone telling me to eat meat, so I’m not about to tell someone else not to... but anyways, I just straight up couldn’t chew/swallow meat anymore, but meat was the corner stone of most of my meals up until that point so just literally taking that out of my meals on one random day, when it wasn’t planned, makes it hard to not look to alternatives for some form of normalcy.

4 minutes ago, scorp said:

Pretty sure that's just a Brazil government problem.

No soy farm should destroy the environment than a meat farm.

It is. But have you seen just how much of that junk we export?

Besides, it's about the whole morality argument.

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

makes it hard to not look to alternatives for some form of normalcy.

Yea bingo.

I've eaten meat for 35 years, I'm just used to it.

Doesn't mean that I'm fake anything if I have veggies that look and taste to what I'm used to.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Not everyone goes vegetarian because of the animals though.

I don’t like explaining why I am because I feel like it comes off as me trying to convert, which is the last thing I want to do. I hate those fucking people. I don’t like someone telling me to eat meat, so I’m not about to tell someone else not to... 

Don't worry, I get it, and I respect your decision.

I just don't agree with the whole "muh animals" angle, which doesn't really apply to you, so it's really all good.

Not that I'd have beef (pun intended) with you otherwise. 🤣

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

Morality about what? Not eating animals?

What does that have to do with Brazilian officials killing their country?

Look, all I'm saying is that soy ain't this squeaky clean thing here. I overlooked that it's not the same in other countries, sure, my bad, so let me try to clarify.

A lot of vegans here try to claim meat is this evil, inhumane thing, much like how it happens everywhere else.

Then the same brazilians shill soy substitutes knowing that between corruption and farmer greed, we're holding several Ls for it.

That's where I get a problem. I don't expect people outside the country to be well-versed in this, but people here really got no excuse.

38 minutes ago, Volt said:

Look, all I'm saying is that soy ain't this squeaky clean thing here. I overlooked that it's not the same in other countries, sure, my bad, so let me try to clarify.

A lot of vegans here try to claim meat is this evil, inhumane thing, much like how it happens everywhere else.

Then the same brazilians shill soy substitutes knowing that between corruption and farmer greed, we're holding several Ls for it.

That's where I get a problem. I don't expect people outside the country to be well-versed in this, but people here really got no excuse.

Yea I get where you are coming from. Brazil has many issues that you guys may never fix. At least not with Bolsonaro at the helm. 

Dude would sell out anything in the country to make a dollar. 

7 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I read multiple articles saying the CDC advises people to get out and vote even if they're breaking quarantine. I said "fuck it" and went. Told the people there I was waiting on a COVID test. They said I was the first to tell them that, and said I was good to go when I said I just had body aches (and not known contact with an infected person).

There weren't many people there at all. I would have been in and out had I not been googling the candidates for categories I didn't give a fuck about beforehand. It's amazing they let me vote.

spacer.png

Just now, Scanman said:

Because urban counties are counted first. Don't pay it too much attention.

I thought as much initially, but the lead is still holding up.

unknown.png

I'm curious. Still expect to see Texas go red, but this is definitely not something I expected.