Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

7 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

Is Kenshiro supposed to be based off of Bruce Lee? 

Probably in the mix of things. IIRC the creator wanted to have a hero who defeated enemies by pressing acupuncture points.

Just now, Angel said:

Duh, ya'll deserve love too my friend

Holy shit that gif. Is that from FoTN2? I was pretty satisfied at the ending for the first series. Tried to do the sequel but lost interest halfway through the first episode.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Maybe, yes, what's up? 👀

Glad to see you're up and about. Everything good on your end?

Things are pretty good in general, but I am still going through an intense healing and purification process. It's gets pretty uncomfortable at times. I am improving mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually as I progress forward. 

4 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

Things are pretty good in general, but I am still going through an intense healing and purification process. It's gets pretty uncomfortable at times. I am improving mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually as I progress forward. 

Glad to hear all that, family doing well too?

22 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

How is it on your end? I see that your Mother died of cancer. I'm sorry about that. My condolences. 

Thank you. The day it happened was stressfilled from people acting the fool, then SRK/Preppy nonsense added to the stress. Then its been more continued silliness. My mom didnt really have much but what she did have has been handled in extremely questionable ways.

Im doing pretty alright all things considered. Need to call that grief counseling regardless. Specially since I had a nightmare involving my mother thst actually scared me. Usually my night ares technically horrific but they dont really scare me. This was a short dream that really stepped over the line in terrifying. Kinda stopped me from sleeping the day after.

My daughter is the one having it the trickiest. She knows it affects me still so she tries to help. But she tried to play Dias De Los Muertos yesterday and did a play ofrenda (offering put on the altar foe the dead) to Grandma. Playing through it is how she'll deal but still. Its a delicate situation when you're playing a game where her pretend character's grandmother died.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Apparently I got fat in my liver.

Can't deny it anymore. I'm fat.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/763505357770194955/773928684737658911/would-you-mind-1.jpg

Same here. The doc hit me with that before I went on our honeymoon and I thought it would be related to the 10 or so years of fairly hard drinking I did but he didn't even mention that (and I've cut back quite a lot since the boy child was born) but apparently my lack of exercise has made it bad. I used to be at the gym 3+ days a week but I haven't done that since probably 2018 for a week or so here and there. I could stand to lose 20-30 lbs though. 

After doing some reading, apparently fatty liver is becoming more and more common in western countries. 

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Thank you. The day it happened was stressfilled from people acting the fool, then SRK/Preppy nonsense added to the stress. Then its been more continued silliness. My mom didnt really have much but what she did have has been handled in extremely questionable ways.

Im doing pretty alright all things considered. Need to call that grief counseling regardless. Specially since I had a nightmare involving my mother thst actually scared me. Usually my night ares technically horrific but they dont really scare me. This was a short dream that really stepped over the line in terrifying. Kinda stopped me from sleeping the day after.

My daughter is the one having it the trickiest. She knows it affects me still so she tries to help. But she tried to play Dias De Los Muertos yesterday and did a play ofrenda (offering put on the altar foe the dead) to Grandma. Playing through it is how she'll deal but still. Its a delicate situation when you're playing a game where her pretend character's grandmother died.

Wow. That sounds really hard. I really hope things get better. I have always observed you going through hard times and having a lot of resilience and strength. 

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

This goddamn pandemic...

yeah, but where there's a will there's a way. I've been rumbling about joining a gym for months but haven't done it and I could probably be going out walking but I'm not. Tbh if I did that Gotch bible stuff dab00g is always talking about, it would probably fix me up, it's just the issue of time and of having the room to do it. 

So at least for me, it's not the pandemic as much as I'm just not doing it. Getting this news has pushed me to take it more seriously though. I've been trying to change up my eating habits, not eat so much bread (enriched flour is basically about as bad as sugar and high fructose corn syrup and it's in EVERYTHING) and that'll help too. But I basically go from sitting at home to sitting in the car, then sitting at my desk at the studio. :(

19 minutes ago, Volt said:

This goddamn pandemic...

Charles Bronson has a book about how to get ripped in a cell, you can do it, homie!

Fun Fact: Charles Bronson is such a psycho, that he claims that his abdominal muscles are so strong that he can suck up a liter of water with his ass. 

But on a much more factual note, Tom Hardy got in pretty damn good shape for the movie about Bronson's life using Bronson's fitness book. Check it out: 

image.thumb.png.355210b21164e40759512f135b25e6af.png

Edited by KingTubb

Speaking of CoVid, El Paso is about to do its best WuHan cosplay. Fire Department said most of their calls are CoVid related. Thr other day they announced 3k new cases; today they added 1.9k . 

Usually I do groceries on a weekly basis but Im thinking maybe I write out 3 weeks worth of foods and hunker down hard.

The stories I'm hearing from other teachers are scary. We were thinking of doing a b-day parade for our daughter but now Im not really sure.

My body hurts too much to be working out so I have not lifted weights for about a year. The only exercise I do is walk for half an hour. I'll probably lift again when most of the pain is gone. Due to being addicted to substances and being unhealthy, these substances or toxins built up in my body. All this healing and cleansing has caused the blockages to break up and they are now coming out. For some reason healing/cleansing is a painful experience. The cleansing process got really intense one year ago. Man, I was in pretty good shape three years ago, too. Now, I'm fat. I need to lose 20 pounds.

I was actually lifting while cleansing, but that is not a good idea since you are putting too much strain on the body.  

Edited by Thoth369
2 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

My body hurts too much to be working out so I have not lifted weights for about a year. The only exercise I do is walk for half an hour. I'll probably lift again when most of the pain is gone. 

Do what your body allows for. Something is in fact better than nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

For some reason healing/cleansing is a painful experience.

Your body is an adaptive machine. It compensates for what you give (both in food and physical stress) it to operate  at is best "efficiency". You are taking it outside of it's comfort zone and now it's working to get back to what it's used to. It takes a while for that new "stress" to become the new normal.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

On a Bowling lane. 🤣

I live with my 70yo father.

There's no way I'd be messing around outside knowing I could put his health at risk.

Yeah we've been staying with my mum in law who is close to that age. I get it. We go out, but we mask up, though one of the places I was going to check out is apparently masks optional and I'm not sure how I feel about that atm. 

Man, I think the whole world will spiral into chaos. I hope I will be ready for that. This election is going to affect everything. The Schuman resonance of Earth has been rising and it's affecting people's minds, hearts, and the world's weather. The ether is space is really affecting our planet which is why chaos has been rising throughout the world in the past few decades. 

Edited by Thoth369
11 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What do you guys think about mechanics that puts situation in a rock,paper and scissors?

Team Aerial Counter in UMvC3

And Counter Breaker  in KI

Are mechanics that put situation on a rock, paper and scissors okay or had negative?

It's not ideal, but it's fine when it's an escape mechanism, where you could theoretically with better play have avoided being put in the situation to begin with.

Pizza will not survive past day #2 in my presence.  Either it is devoured all at once or the last 2 or 3 pieces are finished off the following morning as breakfast.  In the interest of the leftover meal being at least somewhat satisfying, I *try* to leave myself 3 slices for day #2....or later that night.  My appetite for pizza is nearly limitless... there's been so many times when I'm tempted to order 2 large pizzas for myself, thinking like "1 for today... and the 2nd will be for tomorrow.."

Edited by MillionX