Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

I remember everyone seemed to be jizzing about Twilight in 2008.

I rented it one weekend and watched it.

I fell asleep during the final battle.

From what I remember,there was barely any action. The main characters had little chemistry and meaningful characterization.

The most wtf I can remember is Edwards vampire family playing baseball during the day without any ill effect lol

Edited by DangerousJ

I have the displeasure of watching the whole Twilight saga.

I found it funny how, by the end, they basically made the vampires the X-Men with that whole "every vampire has a unique superpower" BS. And basically they never had a downside/weakness. Sunlight only makes your skin glitter? Yeah GTFO

This is, of course, just the cherry on the top of the shit sandwich that is the rest of it though (shitty characters, laughable plot, etc.)

B-Tier Bison  vs CISco

Who wins and why? 

Dragon_Chan.jpg                                                 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNl1ETNia5t3F0LIOdlyW                                                                                                                                            

I personally think that B-tier has the advantage with speed and technique but Cisco can probably straight up no sale a lot of his attacks and go for a grapple.   I think it might come down to whether B-tiers anti-air will beat Ciscos flying body splash.    B-tier might be able to make up for his lack of reach with his chain which could also help stay out of the danger zone. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

From what I remember,there was barely any action. The main characters had little chemistry and meaningful characterization.

My ex-wife was really into the Twilight series so I ended up having to sit through that whole series of movies at least twice. I was very (foolishly) dedicated to my marriage.

At some point they started throwing stuff in just for the men who were stuck watching those soulless things. The 3rd movie has a pretty okay fight scene at the end, and the 5th movie (the 2nd 4th movie, which was the style at the time) has an entire X-men fight inserted into it near the end as theoretical payback for how excruciating the previous movie was (nothing can make up for how godawful that movie is).

It's strange how so many video game characters look like me. Especially Japanese game characters. They might be monitoring me online and in the spirit realm.  A lot of Japanese are spiritual and intuitive people. 

The first thing I would do if I see someone too strong and too big is run.

They called Vergil Alpha and Omega in DMC5. Why? Is he Jesus? That happened shortly after I posted an Alpha Omega meme on my Facebook. I was like "What?". 

Edited by Thoth369
4 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:
Spoiler

It's strange how so many video game characters look like me. Especially Japanese game characters. They might be monitoring me online and in the spirit realm.  They are likely spiritual and intuitive people. 

The first thing I would do if I see someone too strong and too big is run.

I feel you bro

If you could grow a mustache this would totally be you

1800x0w.0.jpg

I like the work-around for sunlight the vamps in Vampire Diaries/Originals have though---it still burns and ultimately kills them, but they are protected and just fine if wearing some type of jewelry that was enchanted by witchcraft.... another reason the "heretic" types pretty much have it made; since they are vamps with witch power, they naturally don't have to rely on a witch to handle that situation....just enchant their own jewelry.  

As much as I hate the Twilight movies, they are also responsible for the later popularity of TVD/Originals becoming adapted as shows for television...apparently "Diaries" was a thing before Twilight in book form, but of course the popularity of those movies made some people somewhere consider making a tv show to try and get in on that newfound vamp relevance/popularity at the time....and thank goodness it wasn't TODAY'S version of CW, where certain ideological agendas are taking #1 priority over good characters and storylines (and with all the subtlety of a suicide bomber attack)

I got attacked by a hot Asian witch once. That was scary and painful. I actually encountered 3 Asian witches as far as I know.  Oh, my goodness. My area is filled with darkness and light, but mostly light. 

One thing they seem to do with my character look alikes is make them villains. Why? 

Edited by Thoth369
14 minutes ago, Reticently said:

That's a tragedy in 3 acts right there.  

I wan Lin Manuel Miranda to musical that shit.

It was a bummer cause she was a great teacher, and the dude she did the naked hokey-pokey with wasn't technically a student, and he was over 18. I guess they went on a date after seniors were done, but before graduation. Then they banged like a screen door in a hurricane over the summer. Word got around, she got canned. 

She actually won teacher of the year for our school district that year. Wild shit

Edited by KingTubb
30 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

It was a bummer cause she was a great teacher, and the dude she did the naked hokey-pokey with wasn't technically a student, and he was over 18. I guess they went on a date after seniors were done, but before graduation. Then they banged like a screen door in a hurricane over the summer. Word got around, she got canned. 

Either its for our districts or TEA in general, they count as students ubtil 2 years after graduation.

Nobody playing the sympathy game over that. :coffee: