Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

24 minutes ago, scorp said:

Anyone else a giant D2 fan?  

This mod just came out and it’s everything you’d want it to be without taking the original spirit out of the game. 

Hit me up if you wanna try it. 

https://www.projectdiablo2.com/

Diablo 2 LOD was an all-time great game. I spent a lot of hours playing as a barbarian in my teenage years.

I don't think I'd get back into it though, the time investment is too high.

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This is too godlike to be legal. 😮

Bruh. It's nostalgia overload for me as BTTF is one of my favorite movies. This is the toy version of a Reese's peanut butter cup.

I now have transformable versions of my two favorite vehicles in sci-fi. 

spacer.png

Yes, you can do the "flight" mode. It also has a plug at the bottom for flight poses. It's not perfect, but it hits all of the right notes well enough that you just don't care.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Classic Frank Frazetta

124343521_205226567630505_43523390530525

I don't know if you guys are really into fantasy art, but back in the 90s Keith Parkinson lived pretty locally to me.  I hung out with him in his studio a few dozen times helping playtest his failed collectible card game.  

Seriously nice guy. Died pretty young from cancer a few years later.  His kids were still young, really tragic.

spacer.png

Edited by Reticently

ha, it's tough to trust the authenticity of anything at this point...since you know a big reason for such outrageous titles, articles and videos is to get as many clicks as possible to the content you're putting out there....but just a random quick stab or 2.. unemployment and mental illness will always be a thing, likely for the rest of however much time the human species continues to exist (*unless we reach a point in the distant future where no one has to work a job anymore, I suppose)... and economic inequality should always be a thing, at least if people are going by the basic definition of that shit.  No, I should *not* be making as much money as one of my cousins who happens to be a doctor.  As long as there's different professions and academic paths to choose from, there should always be different results.

..and just that concept in general... if we chose not to be excited about a new thing because there's various negative (or perceived negative) things going on in the world, no one would ever be hyped for anything for the rest of time.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Does anyone here remember iantothemax? He used to a writer on SRK front page that wrote that shitty article about misogyny in the FGC a few years back? He's writing for Kotaku and this his PS5 review. Old habits die hard.

Dude is INSUFFERABLE. I used to see his tweets because idiots I followed would retweet him and his tweets were always just like his articles, always seeming to find a way to inject politics/social justice BS into EVERYTHING, and usually missing the point. I don't understand why writers like that don't just try to write for political blogs rather than game media outlets. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Does anyone here remember iantothemax? He used to a writer on SRK front page that wrote that shitty article about misogyny in the FGC a few years back. He's writing for Kotaku and this his PS5 review. Old habits die hard.

KuTyuw9.gif

I never messed with him on SRK, but DAMN.  sounds like he's a perfect fit for Kotaku. 

ha, I looked it up and sure enough it's there... that term "booger wolf"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Booger-Wolf

Back in his day, Dad always said that was the usual term for ugly girls...always made me laugh because I keep picturing a wolf that is made up of boogers.  In my high school days, for a while "duck" was 1 of the terms... it probably came from the old "ugly duckling" story and saying, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

PS5 review.

Those are all contributing reasons why I'm looking forward to getting my PS5. The state of the world is shit, and I like to turn to videogames to escape and relax for a while. That dude sounds like an entitled bitch who has easy access to the new consoles since he writes for a videogame website. Bet he'll be playing both day one.

Is there a reason to get the PS5 now, or should I wait until the inevitable better version (whether that's pro or a bigger hard drive) comes out? I can afford it, but so far the only reasons to get it seem to be it's a faster PS4. Spider Man Miles Morales looks good, but that alone isn't enough for me.

17 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Is there a reason to get the PS5 now, or should I wait until the inevitable better version (whether that's pro or a bigger hard drive) comes out? I can afford it, but so far the only reasons to get it seem to be it's a faster PS4. Spider Man Miles Morales looks good, but that alone isn't enough for me.

Personally I'm waiting for the price to go down and for all the kinks to be worked out. Not to mention the library becoming stronger. I've owned enough consoles at launch by this point to know that they aren't worth having so early. 

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Honestly I'd say a big no, but there is something that has tempted me as of late. The ridiculously fast loading times on existing PS4 games. It doesn't sound like much but that shit adds up. Ridiculous as it sounds, that's what I'm most hyped about for PS5 and Xbox Series X. I've been wanting a cartridge era minimal load times since the switch to optical disks. I'm not going to break my neck trying to get a PS5 but if see one in stock, I'm snagging it. I hate fucking load times.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

If PS5 as is accomplishes what you want it to do at present then just buy it. It makes little sense to wait for something that's years off. 

My thing with consoles or handhelds is I generally won’t invest in one until there’s about 5-6 titles I can have in rotation. 

the only console or handheld I’ve ever bought on launch day was the switch. Their  tech demo/reveal direct showed that it was worth day one’ing based of potential alone. I don’t regret it at all. 

Edited by iStu X
On 11/7/2020 at 6:03 PM, Scanman said:

You show a distinct bias (as do  I).

If the situation were turned around, and Trump had gotten tens of thousands of midnight votes that just barely allowed him to win in swing states which were controlled by republican (rather than dem) governors, you'd be skeptical too.

I would only be sceptical if Biden spent his entire campaign telling his base not the vote by mail. 

This is only suspicious if you ignore all the rub up to it. If you don't it all makes perfect sense which is why it confuses Btier. 

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Does anyone here remember iantothemax? He used to a writer on SRK front page that wrote that shitty article about misogyny in the FGC a few years back. He's writing for Kotaku and this his PS5 review. Old habits die hard.

I think his writing actually gotten worst. 

so I finally watched one of the Lost Boys sequels--- "The Tribe"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031254/

...it's surprisingly not as bad as I was expecting.  It's still generally inferior to the original classic, but I fairly enjoyed it....it has a surprising amount of violence too....very cool death scenes in this one.  

Also, I wasn't aware until now that it features yet another Sutherland--- Keifer's little bro Angus Sutherland is the leader of the vampire clique this time.  The violence... really... they set the tone right at the start where the group viciously rips into this older dude at the beginning.  He was a vamp too but that dude got ripped apart like he was in a tub of piranhas. 

Eye Candy - Autumn Reeser is in this!  I forgot this cutie even existed!  I haven't seen her in so many years.  I had to look her up on imdb to remember where I've seen her before, but she's been in a lot of stuff.... I *think* it was that show "No Ordinary Family" where I first noticed her....a show that was sadly canceled too fast.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1032208/

Anyway, it's on hbomax now... along with the other one too-- Lost Boys: The Thirst... I'll get to that one later.  Hbomax has stepped it up quite a bit lately... there's some more classic old cartoons lately (Tom & Jerry, Popeye and some other stuff), and I noticed Young Justice is there too, so I can finally check the 3rd season on that.

Edited by MillionX