Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

I buy a console when I feel I can see myself playing 1 or two games on it for a while as I begin to grow a library. I didn't get a Wii U until Merio Kart 8. Got a Switch at launch because BotW was great and I enjoyed playing for hours just wandering. 

I'm probably the only one here buying a Series S so I'll give my thought when it comes in on tuesday. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

My thing with consoles or handhelds is I generally won’t invest in one until there’s about 5-6 titles I can have in rotation. 

the only console or handheld I’ve ever bought on launch day was the switch. Their  tech demo/reveal direct showed that it was worth day one’ing based of potential alone. I don’t regret it at all. 

I typically buy consoles at launch because I want to "get the most" out of them. That way even if a system tanks, I usually still get a good 3 or 4 years out of it.

some more character names came to mind that I must create now... either in Diablo 3 or some other game...

• Amuthafucka < - I kinda doubt I could get away with this one since the last part of it has "fuck" in the mix there, obviously...
  • Dude E. Ball --this one is probably ok, I'm sure.

Man...I kinda miss the old "WWF Warzone" on the first PlayStation when it came to making characters... hardly anything was auto-censored, so I was coming up with characters that are far, far worse in terms of things that are "in poor taste"....many things I won't even repeat here or most other places today; heh, those were good times.

edit--and this reminds me... these companies should be ashamed of having games here in 2020 with such terribly limited customization... like WWE Playground or whatever that latest one is with the super-deformed characters... the customization in it is pathetic.  How is it a game of today is far outclassed by something like WWF Warzone which was now about 3 console generations ago....something that was originally released in 1998....shit is pitiful.... oh yeah I'm looking at you too, Destiny 1 and 2.  ...severely outclassed in options by a 22-year old game.  Ridiculous.

smh GIF

Edited by MillionX

Speaking of, I played more of the Diablo 2 Project mod and it feels so good. 

The QoL truly makes the game so much better while keeping the spirit of the original. 

And the community is great, asked for a low level rune in chat, dude made a game to give me one on top of other nice items for my level. 

It’s good shit. 

Edited by scorp

I really resonate with this song, but I don't want to be a villain anymore. 

According to some person I met who looked and acted like the dark aspect of my friend who also had the same name as my friend, there is someone out there who is my dark aspect. My evil twin. 

Edited by Thoth369
1 hour ago, Volt said:

Man, I'm probably never updating to Win10.

My mom got a new laptop and it has only 4GB ram. I noticed it was running slow af, and opened the Task Manager. 75% ram usage with absolutely nothing open but Windows.

What kind of bloatware is this? 🤣

you just gotta make a few tweaks

https://arieswarlock.tumblr.com/post/149247929409/fixing-windows-10

14 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

I do pray for everybody. Hopefully things turn out well for everybody. Prayer works. I do Universal Prayers. 

I need less prayers and more people understanding that this is a real disease.

Dont know wtf is going on with my city, but they decided over the summer to act like they had lost their damned minds. 

Thats a lie. I know why everybody is acting without any sense. But it is frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

I need less prayers and more people understanding that this is a real disease.

Dont know wtf is going on with my city, but they decided over the summer to act like they had lost their damned minds. 

Thats a lie. I know why everybody is acting without any sense. But it is frustrating. 

All I can do is pray on my end. Hopefully they become more sensible. My parents prayed for me to come to my senses and I eventually did. 

I wonder if there are really sentient robots. I'm pretty sure there are. Back in ancient times people made inanimate objects that gained souls. The government has some really advanced tech that's for sure. Things that are kept secret like extremely advanced Tesla tech. 

Edited by Thoth369

Is that guy from the comics? He sounds like a creeper. I think I did see him in the 80's show. 

I've seen Transformers in various shows and movies, but I have never seen the whole franchise in it's entirety. I never read the comics. Transformers gives me the most nostalgic feeling from my childhood. 

Edited by Thoth369

Back in the days of the Nephilim and Fallen Angels there were Chimera Monsters where everybody interbred with each other. This was before Noah's flood. 

You guys seem to be talking about religion in the negative light therefore it's okay for me to talk about religion in the positive and negative light. 

Edited by Thoth369

We are not supposed to talk about religion, but we are seemingly allowed to talk about religion negatively. If we are not allowed than we must not talk about it in any way, correct? Hypocrites. You guys are even posting video games with religious themes. You guys even play them. You guys mention them all the time. Good and evil is everywhere and they are religious themes. Everything you speak off is connected to spirituality. You cannot avoid it no matter what you do because IT is OMNIPRESENT.

Edited by Thoth369
11 minutes ago, Thoth369 said:

We are not supposed to talk about religion, but we are seemingly allowed to talk about religion negatively. If we are not allowed than we must not talk about in any way, correct? Hypocrites. You guys are even posting video games with religious themes. You guys even play them. You guys mention them all the time. Good and evil is everywhere and they are religious themes. Everything you speak off is connected to spirituality. You cannot avoid it no matter what you do because IT is OMNIPRESENT.

Dude. Fucking stop. 

7 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Nobody is talking about religion here, and if they are they need to quit it.  Same rule applies to everyone.

I will bring back the Sith AGAIN if that's what it takes.

Star Wars Rey GIF by Red Giant

Okay. You have all the Power since you are God here. You have total control of this forum. 🙂

Edited by Thoth369

Old man ramblin' time...

I was curious and sure enough it's out there... old tv schedule info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990–91_United_States_network_television_schedule

these are showing Eastern time zones for everything from what I see, but it's a nice trip down memory lane.... back in the day when we had printed tv schedules from the newspaper for each week...and occasionally there would be that annoying little moment of "...where's the damn tv schedule?!"  

I forgot Ferris Bueller even had a tv series.... the lovely Jenn Anniston was on there!  

Northern Exposure---I just remember this one because of that FINE ass pawg Janine Turner

Tuesday nights @ 7pm Central time, ABC was on fire with my honey Alyssa Milano... she was my #1 at the time by a longshot...this was prior to the discovery of Halle.  I was there to gaze upon the perfection that is Alyssa every week for years.

Meanwhile, CBS had Rescue 911.... one of those things people aren't supposed to laugh at but come on....shit was HILARIOUS every episode. 

well; I forgot they moved Night Court off the legendary Thursday Night Prime lineup at that point apparently...it is listed as a Wednesday show there in 1990.  

hmm.. and I keep seeing Fanelli Boys there... I have absolutely no recollection of that one at all.

there it is:

haha a younger Chris Meloni and Joey Pantaliano is in there... this is my first time hearing of this show.

Yeah, at least on the Saturday 7:30 timeslot I must've been either playing video games or watching The Hogan Family at that time.

**or watching a movie on hbo--- 7 pm CST was when they'd have that major "Feature Presentation"...usually a new movie they just got.

Edited by MillionX