Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

17 minutes ago, scorp said:

snip

Sure you may not get super powers out of it, but the overall statement isn't exactly wrong either.  Your understanding of the world is largely influenced by chemicals in your nogging and your bias towards things.

Either of those being pushed to one side makes one situation look significantly different. Hell, this can be demonstrated from stuff in this lounge.

🤔

Just now, Sonero said:

Sure you may not get super powers out of it, but the overall statement isn't exactly wrong either.  Your understanding of the world is largely influenced by chemicals in your nogging and your bias towards things.

Either of those being pushed to one side makes one situation look significantly different. Hell, this can be demonstrated from stuff in this lounge.

🤔

Are you saying Btier has been doing a lot of LSD lately?

3 minutes ago, scorp said:

Are you saying Btier has been doing a lot of LSD lately?

IIRC Btier doesn't do acid.  But if you take the statement apart, he didn't really say anything wacky:

Everything is possible when you have realized what I have realized. Reality is a dream in your mind and a video game you control with thoughts and emotions. 

The first sentence is well general BTier stuff that I've clowned him for. But the second part of it isn't necessarily that much of a leap. there's a whole field of science dedicated to giving you chemicals to manage reality better. You can take chemicals to help you deal or improve your ability to do things. If you impair somebody's brain, you also harm their ability to do things.

So thought processes are in charge of your Meat Gundam. Not much of a stretch.

45 minutes ago, Sonero said:

IIRC Btier doesn't do acid.  But if you take the statement apart, he didn't really say anything wacky:

Everything is possible when you have realized what I have realized. Reality is a dream in your mind and a video game you control with thoughts and emotions. 

The first sentence is well general BTier stuff that I've clowned him for. But the second part of it isn't necessarily that much of a leap. there's a whole field of science dedicated to giving you chemicals to manage reality better. You can take chemicals to help you deal or improve your ability to do things. If you impair somebody's brain, you also harm their ability to do things.

So thought processes are in charge of your Meat Gundam. Not much of a stretch.

Oh yes. I agree with improving your outlook and acceptance of reality. 

Im calling out his bullshit in reference to seeing beyond reality like he’s Neo. 

I just saw Tenet. (Its been 2 months and only 4 people were in the theatre so I could socially distance with my mask comfortably.)

Pros:

Special effects with the inversion

Action

Cons

Being a mysterious thriller, some characters are  a bit thin. Heck, the main character is credited as "protagonist" lol

Pacing was a little off. It could have been trimmed by 10-15 minutes imo.

Overall:  7/10

When you scroll through the internet while not reading anything you are being subliminally programmed. 

Some of you do get it it seems. You guys just don't talk about it nonstop like I do. Some get it and believe it while some get it and don't believe it. When you believe it it will become reality. 

Edited by Thoth369
6 minutes ago, scorp said:

Oh yes. I agree with improving your outlook and acceptance of reality. 

Im calling out his bullshit in reference to seeing beyond reality like he’s Neo.

"Reality" is a weird term though, especially in this day and age where there's so much created by computers and where we cant even agree on what's happening in video clips we are of events. I remember playing SF4 against people after I'd modded the game and replaced stage files so I'm playing someone in Ryu's SF2 stage while on their end, they're fighting in the Street Market. Same game but different realities in a sense. 

Add to that, when cops are interviewing witnesses, sometimes what people remember is completely different than what the reality of the situation actually turns out to be. Witness saw a red car but that car was actually white. 

I dunno, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree on this, but the longer I live, the more it becomes clear to me that our senses aren't always the most reliable things and they our brains are the receptor for that and based on our life experiences and chemical factors, "reality" can be completely different for different people. 

13 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Uhh...it hasn't.  It's just a GIF file and it never stops moving.

Probably something wrong on your end.  What browser are you using/what resolution is your monitor?

Using firefox on win 7.  Res is 1920 X 1080.  I guess it's just this computer because I went to the site on the other one and everything's fine.  weird.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's bullshit from a sore loser. He needs to take his L and get ready to GTFO when January rolls around. 

You show a distinct bias (as do  I).

If the situation were turned around, and Trump had gotten tens of thousands of midnight votes that just barely allowed him to win in swing states which were controlled by republican (rather than dem) governors, you'd be skeptical too.

Edited by Scanman

The winner of the election was announced earlier today.

That means political discussion ends...now. 

No more politics discussion here!

12 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Using firefox on win 7.  Res is 1920 X 1080.  I guess it's just this computer because I went to the site on the other one and everything's fine.  weird.

Clear your cache/temporary internet files and reload the page.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Squigga aren't you vegan?

Animal proteins were an important part of your evolution and now you suck on grass like its the thing to do. How are you plant humpers any less crazy?

What a reach. Dude is talking about seeing the future and you compare it to a non animal diet. It’s almost like we have more dietary options than a fucking caveman lol

What you see out there is really happening in your mind/brain. Your brain records what's happening out there and replicates it in your own TV screen in your brain/mind. You are literally like a TV and Camera or Robot. What is out there cannot really be proven to be real. It's literally all just an idea in your mind. Is an idea real? Is a dream real?  What is out there cannot be proven to be independent of your mind. Nothing can be proven to be independent of yourself. 

Edited by Thoth369

I hate how stressful the damn holidays are, man...it's quite a difference from how I viewed Christmas/holiday time as a kid.... now, just about every time it's nice to see certain people again but I'm really just anticipating when it's over and I'm back to my normal routine.  

... on top of the usual stress, the 2020 Christmas season also happens to be with us all dealing with a plague out there, basically making everything 100x worse than it ordinarily is in terms of the stress.  Y'know, there's a LOT of shit about this world that I'd love to see get burned completely out of existence.  I get tired of this world being such a pile of fucking garbage.  

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

The winner of the election was announced earlier today.

That means political discussion ends...now. 

No more politics discussion here!

Actually, it's congress who announces the winner of the election, not the media.  SO THE POLITICAL DISCUSSION CONTINUES. WOOHOO!! 🥳

200.gif

Edited by AriesWarlock