Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Just now, Sonero said:

Wait, who is saying Star Trek wasn't progressive from the jump?

🧐

Did you see the lead up to Discovery? Or any of the recent Trek stuff in the media. They are always acting like their doing new shit for Twitter clout when it's been done before. They were trying to act like Michael Burnham was the first black lead and the first female lead. Acting like Avery Brooks and Kate Mulgrew didn't exist. It's not just a Trek thing though. A lot of things that were geeky or nerdy back in the day have new "fans" that know fuck all about the property.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I always see guys saying that Star Trek always took a humanist approach to it's topics and it was never partisan until Bad Robot took over. I was never a Trekkie so I can't say how true that is. 

😂😂😂 Partisan my fuckin ass. They have been the future liberals wanted.  Not even jokinb on that 

Edited by Maxx
16 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Would have thought the unluckiest chapter would have been the Rainbow Warriors, on account of the color scheme.

No, the Rainbow Warriors had the good luck to get wiped out. 

The Lamenters wish they can die off, and they tried to get wiped in a blaze of glory, they tried to just nuke themselves, yet somehow they barely survive. 

Those black armor Space Marines in the beginning of the video the Minotaurs, who where all buddy buddy with the Lamenters, till the Minotaurs fucked up and realize they are going to get blamed, pin the blame on the Lamenters and GTFO from the battle leaving the Lamenters to get badly beaten and get the punishment the Minotaurs deserved. 

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Dude was a notorious letch and woman beater.  All that came out before cancelling was really a thing though.

Legendary talent, not such a great dude personally in a lot of ways though.

It seems like jeopardy sean connery was more real than thought 

@doctamario cool costume. Keep you and yours safe and have fun

This year we piccollo, chi chi, and gohan. So lame about Halloween being cancelled and her not being in cute group pics with her cousins 

Edited by DrLariat
7 hours ago, weneedhim said:

The Greatest Poster didn't predict everything, but he predicted well enough that he is likely one of the main reasons why UMVC3 was successful. He predicted vergil/strider, his tier list was the only list that was consistent in longevity, and many other things.

Also, word on the street is that Chris G was a homeless bum until he snuck in  an internet cafe and used one of the computer illegally to browse through the SRK forums in which he read one of the Greatest Posters post regarding morridoom. 

This would in fact be plausible, if he didn't also run a team that made Ryu almost look viable.

I finally finished up Haunting of Hill House today....wow, man... both of these Haunting shows are new classics to me.  I can't think of a bad thing to say about either one...the characters especially are so interesting; there's so many layers there to just how generally fucked up the Crain family is in that first season.  Both shows feature characters that are psychologically broken or just tragic in interesting ways.

heh, that brings up the Haunted House question, naturally---I wonder how many people would take such a nice place like that as their home....if it was haunted for real like that?  Both those mansions look pretty damn incredible...like you'd have to have a net worth of a few hundred million to afford that probably.....but nah I'm not sure I could live there with so much ghost/wraith shit happening on a daily basis.  The characters on these shows come away from those places with that 1000-yard stare; you take one glance at them and you know--- this person has seen some seriously disturbing, life-changing shit.

29 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Is there a way to vote still? I didn't do the early vote, and I want to stay isolated while waiting on my COVID test. Is there ANY way to vote without going out? I missed the vote by mail deadline.

Today was the last day for early voting you can go on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure that's it. You might have some other options but I'm not sure I only knew today because my wife kept reminding me

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Is there a way to vote still? I didn't do the early vote, and I want to stay isolated while waiting on my COVID test. Is there ANY way to vote without going out? I missed the vote by mail deadline.

Options depend on what state you're in.  At this point I would think that the only way to vote without going out is if you have a mail-in ballot that someone else can drop off for you.  But again, depending on state, there tend to be restrictions on someone else delivering your ballot.

14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Anybody doing anything for Halloween tonight?

I made a candy chute. Took me about an hour to build using a few things I had laying around the house and a PVC pipe. 

PXL_20201031_221405787.jpg

I'd call this my first no-plans "build". To make the stand it's just three studs (cut to needed length) and a PVC pipe. I painted the pipe dark brown and the "stand" black with spray paint. The sign is a scrap piece of plywood painted flat black with a chalk marker for text. The Xs and arrows are pieces of duct tape.  My wife and I just hung outside playing Halloween music and greeted the few kids we saw.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Don't matter, Connery said in a interview that LOTR plot didn't make sense to him at all so he passed it up. 
I think it was Gandalf, but I think the movie dodged a bullet with not having Connery there at all. 

Ian McKellen brought so much charm, warmth, and humanity into the role of a what was pretty much a corporealized mid-tier angel, that I simply cannot see anyone else having pulled of Gandalf even a 10th so well. McKellen's Gandalf was, dare I say, MAGIC

Edited by JHDK
Kollea axed the apostrophe s
22 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Yeah it would have been really awkward when Gandalf pimp slapped the shit outta Galadriel.

I have read where his first wife accused him of hitting her one time, several decades after the alleged incident occurred.

But that is it.

Are there any other examples of this?

I know he said something to the effect that if a woman is going crazy at you, which rather implies her getting physical first, that it is okay to slap her, to stop her antics.

I do not really have a problem with that. If it comes down to being labeled a woman beater or getting my head stoved-in with a skillet, best believe my open palm will be running interference. Better to live with the wrongful mis-branding, than to die from hits landing.

Edited by JHDK
5 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Yo can we do Sunday Bunday here? Or no?

I'm guessing that falls under the hot girl thread.

4 hours ago, Makrow said:

My job is doing something similar to what we did on SRK the last election cycle. People who pick the right candidate get a 50% raise for the next month. Losers get unpaid vacation for the next week.

That's pretty funny, at least.

I found a website called Betfair, but I'm not sure I can make an account as an American. Trying to bet some money on Trump. Too bad I didn't do it in 2016 when I also predicted he'd win. I would have made serious bank back then, damn.

13 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Anyway, I'm not trying to bury the guy, he just had the baggage of a shit aspect of the culture:

I dunno. I think the ones with the baggage are the "feminists" who assert thst it is never okay for a man to defend himself from an irrational, implicitly actively physically violent woman.

What Connery actually said, was sensible.

Edited by JHDK