Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Y'all really were discussing what condiments to use on literal shit.

Can't take a break for a couple days and y'all start wilding. 🤣

Unrelated (Thank goodness), but I remembered the dude claiming Brazilians put Philly Cream Cheese on pizza and I remembered where it's super common here to actually use Philly Cheese.

Japanese food. Like, whenever there's raw salmon, odds are it's either Sushi, or has Philly in it. Any of you weebs want to comment on that? Pretty sure some people here went to Japan... 👀

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

Y'all really were discussing what condiments to use on literal shit.

Can't take a break for a couple days and y'all start wilding. 🤣

Unrelated (Thank goodness), but I remembered the dude claiming Brazilians put Philly Cream Cheese on pizza and I remembered where it's super common here to actually use Philly Cheese.

Japanese food. Like, whenever there's raw salmon, odds are it's either Sushi, or has Philly in it. Any of you weebs want to comment on that? Pretty sure some people here went to Japan... 👀

In North America lots of people are afraid of eating fish.  They're even more afraid of eating raw fish.

To counteract this, sushi restaurants came up with all sorts of rolls that use cooked ingredients and lack raw fish.

One such roll is the Philadelphia roll, which contains smoked salmon, cucumber, and cream cheese.  Another such roll is the famous California roll (imitation crab meat, avocado, cucumber), known for being the go-to choice for spineless sushi eaters everywhere.

Western novelty rolls can be pretty good but a lot of them were created because some people are total wusses. 🙃

18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I ended my netflix subscription but I need to watch blacklist s7 and the Netflix Transformers show.

There are too many streaming services lol.

I was thinking about dropping Netflix then I remembered all the stuff coming that I want to watch that's on Netflix. Honestly, I'd boot Hulu but I have the Disney+ bundle so it would stupid to pay $12 a month for ESPN+ and Disney+ when I can get Hulu for just an extra $1.

12 minutes ago, misterBee said:

In North America lots of people are afraid of eating fish.  They're even more afraid of eating raw fish.

Americans: *Scared to eat fish.*

Also Americans:

Tide_Pods.gif

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

One such roll is the Philadelphia roll, which contains smoked salmon, cucumber, and cream cheese.  Another such roll is the famous California roll (imitation crab meat, avocado, cucumber), known for being the go-to choice for spineless sushi eaters everywhere.

They're... completely different from the Philadelphia and California rolls from here.

Iirc, the Cali one here had some wack vegetables and/or mango, but I ain't no vegan so fuck that.

The Philly one here is rice, raw salmon, that green onion-like thingy that looks like a straw, and cream cheese. That's one of my favorites. I can down them by the dozens as long as I take out the onion-like things.

Just now, Volt said:

They're... completely different from the Philadelphia and California rolls from here.

Iirc, the Cali one here had some wack vegetables and/or mango, but I ain't no vegan so fuck that.

The Philly one here is rice, raw salmon, that green onion-like thingy that looks like a straw, and cream cheese. That's one of my favorites. I can down them by the dozens as long as I take out the onion-like things.

Every time sushi goes to a new country it gets modified further, and restaurants come up new rolls all the time. Sometimes these rolls end up back in Japan. 

Not surprising that you have completely different kinds -- I'd like to try some sometime.

28 minutes ago, misterBee said:

To counteract this, sushi restaurants came up with all sorts of rolls that use cooked ingredients and lack raw fish.

Western novelty rolls can be pretty good but a lot of them were created because some people are total wusses. 🙃

I like the novelty rolls quite a bit, but I also really like legit sushi. 

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

@Reticently County Judge asked Governor Abbot for us to be 30 days behind the rest of the state in reopenings, Governor gave him 5 instead.

El Paso finna be the next North Italy.

I'm usually not one to advocate for hoarding but...

Prepare for a long winter. Stock up on Toilet Paper.

Your government is absolutely clownshoes and between the elections and all kinds of dumb things happening in the world, people are sleeping on the pandemic again. Stay safe.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly I am not surprised. Our illustrious government has been playing politics on pandemic stimulus aid. Winters rolling around, people are losings their homes & businesses, some will likely starve/freeze to death,  and our politicians don't give a fuck. If you work and pay your taxes. You've paid more taxes than Amazon by yourself. 😑

@SoneroYour link opens the Amazon app on my phone. I'll have to check when I get home from work this evening.

Damn it was supposed to be an Amazon link 🤣

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

you on that Blacklist trip too. Wife and I havent had a chance to watch season 6 yet. We're still stuck on the shimmies involving his identity and the bones.

😭

I stopped after season 3 because there are 26 (ish) 1-hour episodes in every season. That is absurdly long for a series with 7 seasons.

It was interesting for the first 2 seasons though.

I liked the Mentalist way more than Blacklist.

29 minutes ago, Scanman said:

I stopped after season 3 because there are 26 (ish) 1-hour episodes in every season. That is absurdly long for a series with 7 seasons.

It was interesting for the first 2 seasons though.

I liked the Mentalist way more than Blacklist.

Oh is that just too much quality for you to handle?

4 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Oh is that just too much quality for you to handle?

The main actress looks like a man.

Also the shit was not explained even after season 2.

Spoiler

The old dude hired the husband to spy on Elizabeth? somehow she's Russian? And when does this shit end- when the whole blacklist is captured? when she finds out who her father is?

Like, the Mentalist has the Red John mystery, you don't know who the killer is. But at least I understood the character's motivations and stuff.

Just wasn't worth watching anymore. Way too long, way too much other stuff on Netflix to watch.

My wife and I love kinda corny stuff that's just fun to watch. In that way Blacklist is just top tier. It ride a fine line between serious and ridiculous constantly.  Later season lean a bit to hard on some of the ridiculous though. They seriously needed to start wrapping that ish up with the show. I was a bit annoyed at times during last season. We'll see how season 6 goes.

the thing with the voice-acting "progressiveness" all of a sudden is highly ridiculous.  Audiences don't get to see the goddamn actor.  It's strange to me that this doesn't strike some people as an absurd thing---that the character you're voicing has to match you physically.  🤣  As we've all heard...there's plenty of people that have the vocal talent to mimic anyone.  One is losing out on talent when they prioritize representation over everything.  

Of course I'm sure that those who are all for this are perfectly ok with a double-standard----saying "well Cree Summer and Phil Lamarr are different" (because they are black people and thus "need the extra help" with representation, right?)....because double-standards are always a fun rabbit hole to go down.  They're really fine with Person A being able to play anything they want since they are from a minority---- but Person B being restricted to just voicing white (or whatever race they match) characters. 

I'm all for characters "matching" an actor if it's regular acting on screen though...when the audience is seeing the person as the character, then it is important for them to match up with what the character is traditionally written/illustrated to be..... it still cracks me up to this day what happened to Jimmy (now "James") Olsen on Supergirl.  Would anyone take it seriously if someone casted Michael Sera as Al Simmons/Spawn?  What about Michelle Yeoh as Amanda Waller, or Oprah Winfrey as Wonder Woman?  Nah that's ridiculous...you probably cast it that way if you're producing a comedy.  That shit always comes off as just silly either way you do it.

Edited by MillionX

Kanye got Kim a hologram of her dad for her birthday. Somewhere along the way, the hologram praised Kanye as the most genius man in the whole world. A weird thing happened.

My face scrunched up to say "Ugh!", but then in a split second I thought about it: if I paid for a HOLOGRAM of my girlfriend/wife's deceased mom or dad, I don't know if I could resist some urge to thank myself for the shit. At the very least, if she's not crying after, I'd be saying '"fuuuuuuuuuuuck YOU!" in my head. Don't know if I would make the hologram say I'm the shit, but still. So, yeah, it's tacky as all hell, but I understand.

Edited by axeman61