Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@TheInfernoman Just passing this along. Apparently Universal is raising wages and improving benefits while Disney is letting folks go.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/universal-raises-hourly-wage-to-17-setting-pace-for-parks#:~:text=— Universal Orlando Resort plans to,starting hourly wage from %2415

Edit: Goes into more detail.

Not surprising.

Disney is a house of cards that will fall sooner rather than later.

They overpaid for Fox and Lucas Arts

The parks despite still being what basically keeps Disney as a whole afloat, have been losing ground to Universal.

Then add the whole whistleblower thing that happened some years ago that obviously Disney buried.

And unlike other studios, Universal did not jump on the streaming wars, which has helped them to be more healthy.

The worst part is that many people would assume that those problems are because of Chappek, but all the problems Disney has are wounds inflicted by Iger administration.

3 hours ago, J-ride said:

RIP to the greatest sexpot of all time!  Raquel Welch made several old B movies extremely watchable.  Very few women are in her tier of hotness, she was still hot in Grumpy Old Men.

Yeah she is in the God-tier of hot women, very regal and earthy beauty but can sizzle when she wants. They don't make women like her anymore.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/02/07/the-witcher-creator-andrzej-sapkowski-unenthusiastic-when-asked-for-his-opinion-on-netflixs-live-action-series/

‘The Witcher’ Creator Andrzej Sapkowski Unenthusiastic When Asked For His Opinion On Netflix’s Live-Action Series

It seems that The Witcher creator himself Andrzej Sapkowski was, like fans, unimpressed with Netflix’s live-action and canon-breaking attempt at adapting his work.

The popular novelist gave his opinion on the lackluster-to-say-the-least series while speaking to Polish news outlet Dzieje during a recent appearance at the 2023 Taipei International Book Exhibition.

Per Twitter user @Kathleenmms321, who attended the event in person, when asked for his feelings towards Netflic’s The Witcher, Sapkowski simply and blandly asserted, “I’ve seen better. I’ve seen worse.”

2023.02.07-06.29-boundingintocomics-63e1

Sapkowski’s lethargic response comes as no surprise in light of Netflix’s outright bastardization of his original books.

Not only did the show’s Lauren Schmidt-Hissrich-led production team veer sharply from the spirit of his original story – particularly with the recent Blood Origin miniseries – but they also wasted the casting potential of noted The Witcher fan Henry Cavill, who Sapkowski once praised as the definitive version of Geralt.

“I was more than happy with Henry Cavill’s appearance as The Witcher,” the Polish author told People ahead of the Netflix series’ 2019 premiere. “He’s a real professional.

Just as Viggo Mortensen gave his face to Aragorn [in The Lord of the Rings], so Henry gave his to Geralt — and it shall be forever so.” 

As of writing, Sapkowski has yet to weigh in on the now-former star’s upcoming replacement as The White Wolf, Liam Hemsworth.

Admittedly, Sapkowski’s disappointment in the live-action The Witcher is in some part his own fault, as the author made it a point to completely separate himself from its production.

“In all adaptations, be it the first or the last, I am never involved in its development,” he told Portugeuse website JPN in December 2018 (via Google Translate).

“From my point of view, the book is the book and adaptation is adaptation,” he explained. “As Kipling said about East and West: ‘This is East and West is West, and the two will never meet.’ The adaptation and the original will never be found. Never. Adapters must be fitted.”

“That’s all I have to say about this because, as you may know, Netflix has signed a contract with me where it is explicitly listed that any production information I disclose will result in a severe financial penalty,” Sapkowski added. “Which is good for me, because I do not know s–t. So I can not say anything.”

He would further declare, “Netflix has forgotten to include my personal opinion on the contract and my personal opinion is that I do not know, and will never want to know, anything about the production.”

Lesson learned for aspiring creators: make sure to not let Hollywood with your creation, or else you’ll see your vision burnt to the ground.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@TheInfernoman Just passing this along. Apparently Universal is raising wages and improving benefits while Disney is letting folks go.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/universal-raises-hourly-wage-to-17-setting-pace-for-parks#:~:text=— Universal Orlando Resort plans to,starting hourly wage from %2415

Edit: Goes into more detail.

yeah I think someone else brought it up here but I transferred to a new Dept 6 months ago. I worked as a ride operator and crowd control working lead (think asst supervisor) and made a  17.85 to 19.20 per hour full time. Did that role for 11.5 years. My current role in park has me earning 20-22 but I lost full time transferring. Still waiting on if I get into VIP tours which is the hardest but best paying role for an hourly worker at my level without going into office work (which can be better pay BUT are more at risk of being cut based on what I saw during the park closure)  only major difference beside pay is I'm non union in my role and it's less physically intensive. 

The theme park sector of the Walt Disney company was and still is the most profitable line in the company. Disneyland parks are the Playstations of the company. When a movie flops and the merch don't sell, the theme parks pic up the slack. I have seen budget cuts over the years hurt potentially cool ideas for rides and themed places yet the average park goer won't notice and will still pay to come in. 

HAVING SAID ALL THAT. Universal HAS been stepping up their game and Disney if not careful will lose their dominance. 

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

yeah I think someone else brought it up here but I transferred to a new Dept 6 months ago. I worked as a ride operator and crowd control working lead (think asst supervisor) and made a  17.85 to 19.20 per hour full time. Did that role for 11.5 years. My current role in park has me earning 20-22 but I lost full time transferring. Still waiting on if I get into VIP tours which is the hardest but best paying role for an hourly worker at my level without going into office work (which can be better pay BUT are more at risk of being cut based on what I saw during the park closure)  only major difference beside pay is I'm non union in my role and it's less physically intensive. 

The theme park sector of the Walt Disney company was and still is the most profitable line in the company. Disneyland parks are the Playstations of the company. When a movie flops and the merch don't sell, the theme parks pic up the slack. I have seen budget cuts over the years hurt potentially cool ideas for rides and themed places yet the average park goer won't notice and will still pay to come in. 

HAVING SAID ALL THAT. Universal HAS been stepping up their game and Disney if not careful will lose their dominance. 

Just trying to look out for the Megashock fam. With Universal expanding, it could work out for you either way. Disney is going to have to step up or they are going to lose people to Universal. Either way more money for you.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
35 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Have you ever got into  a fight over Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or any other fighting game?

When I was 10, I went up to a Tekken 3 machine and Odyssey Fun World and played this guy. I figured out how to do True Ogre’s unblockable fire breath and he was getting heated. It didn’t end in a fight, but I feel if my dad wasn’t right behind me, this grown man would have punched a kid in the face.

I feel like this needs to stop. This has gotten way too politicized to where they are trying to erase women.

To me, I feel like the trans thing has become a pro hollywood trend and that they are hardly any real gender dysphoia cases as much as there are intersex people, and those that are predispositioned by even both cases for this sort of nonsense to take place by the left. 

The "cis" thing is just as sexist as self hating people who are really gay at the end, with or without hormones/surgery.

Just get individual spaces and that's that.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
54 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Well if a guy gets with a chick that is a billionaire? I'm sure he went in already knowing he was gonna play the supportive role. If they're happy and it works for them? Cool.

Pretty sure Rhianna has had her fill of so called  "Masculine" men anyway. 

It's such a shame what happened with that 2011 Thundercats....I think most know the situation at this point... ratings were good, but the toy sales were not.  

It's not even the usual Cartoon Network BS either, of being shifted around the schedule constantly to sabotage things (e.g. He-man 2002).  I didn't know about the Lego deal affecting things though.  I should've bought it on dvd or blu-ray when I had the chance...perhaps that store I frequent that specializes in old stuff might have it... I did get a collection of the entire original series a few years ago though (I think some Walmarts actually still sell it!).

On streaming---Hulu has it, btw.  

*the other thing that is heartbreaking about this show being killed so fast---- imagine if it went for 2 or 3 seasons... and with a glimpse of Monstar in one of the episodes.....oh yes... a new-era Silverhawks definitely would've been made too....I'll bet they probably already had some ideas for that possibility if the new Thundercats was a big hit on all fronts.

ah yes...I had to look it up again... imagine how hype a newer Silverhawks could have been at the time 

Every weekday afternoon, I was there to see this greatness.

Edited by MillionX
On 2/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, BB_Hoody said:

The Thai and Phillipenas in particular aren't having it. There's response videos of philipenas and Thai women going in on western women's hygiene, how they can't keep their men and ish.

I honestly can't blame the South East Asians for clapping back this hard. Ever since this passport bro thing has been gaining attention. Western women have been going in on not just those guys. But the South East Asian women too. 

The ignorance and arrogance they speak with about these women is wild. A lot of women here in the west definitely need some humble pie. Some really walk around here thinking they are the gold standard, women world wide need to level up to.

this is coming from a near 40 Filipino that lives with females with very different age demographics

Filipinas here are fast adaptors regarding western culture and mentality, also even other asian race, because english language is a primary language here compare to other asian countries even compare to other non-asian countries. kids here as in kindergarten watch and understand english movie without any problem.

Filipino/pinoy has many dialects because the country is made of several archipelago so not everyone can understand everyone unless it is "tagalog' and "english' most only know 2 pinoy dialect but english is always known to everyone like tagalog langauge.

and that most modern day Filipinas are so obsess with korean men and korean show even women in their 50s, Our local shows here are even bombarded by translated korean novelas in tagalog this trend started in early 2k before it was in the 90s its mexican and spanish telenovela. so likely those are their ideal life and etc because of a more than a decade of influence through television. 

its a huge misunderstanding that Filipinas are still having strong perspective in marriage since it is known that we used to be a conservative nation that maybe in the 90s and 80s, that kind of family values is applied in parental and ancestral but not used to be for lover relationship. so now they need to check there background most just want to escape poverty, fund travelling or want someone to support their family children. some are balantly liers.

so some are just after a green card but has no proper skill and dont expect to work when they marry, some just want a man to take responsibilty to their child from another man. while many that are single and have no children in early 30s are already career woman also that day dreams like those Korean women lifestyle in the show they watch and follows. 

compare to other asian like thais and etc, having english as one of the main language they have been easy to used google tools, apps and language tools to browse the net without any issue even watch show of other asian countries like china even they dont speak the language compare to japanese and thai that isnt that having english as another main language

Edited by Shakunetsu

One "mysterious" thing I've always been extremely skeptical of.... that damn Bigfoot creature.  Ever since I was a kid I just kept wondering... why do we not have GOOD evidence of it?  Consider how long we've had good-quality photography and video technology at this point....and the best we have in all this time is that one old clip of it walking in the distance, looking like a guy in a mascot suit?  Also, wouldn't there be more stories of people that happened to encounter one of these creatures while out camping or hiking?  It seems like the only way such a creature could be that elusive is if it makes sure to stay away from an area anytime humans are around, like any other animals that are initially afraid or unsure of being around people....or if it has some amazing ability to become invisible or blend perfectly with any environment.  

The Mothman is a cooler, more interesting "mysterious creature" legend, imo... imagine how terrifying it would be to see that in person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman

12 hours ago, iStu X said:

I really don't why there is a good chunk of men out there that think showing any sign of compassion for something including your own fucking child is some sort of weakness that needs to be ripped out.  Like I wish I was closer with my dad but he has a very old school mentality that was pervasive throughout my childhood and our relationship is really weird because of it.  He did his job as the father of the house, he provided for us, and was mostly the breadwinner but my relationship with him as a whole is I feel is awkward and weak.  I've tried to rectify of the years to make it stronger but its only gotten marginally better.  Its why I'm taking a dif approach with my kid to make sure I have a strong relationship with him while still being a father so if he feels he wants to come talk to me about something later he can.

21 minutes ago, MillionX said:

One "mysterious" thing I've always been extremely skeptical of.... that damn Bigfoot creature.  Ever since I was a kid I just kept wondering... why do we not have GOOD evidence of it?  Consider how long we've had good-quality photography and video technology at this point....and the best we have in all this time is that one old clip of it walking in the distance, looking like a guy in a mascot suit?

The problem is, Bigfoot IS BLURRY.  It's not the photographer's fault. And that's extra scary. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.

RIP Mitch.

Edited by Chadouken
18 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I really don't why there is a good chunk of men out there that think showing any sign of compassion for something including your own fucking child is some sort of weakness that needs to be ripped out.  Like I wish I was closer with my dad but he has a very old school mentality that was pervasive throughout my childhood and our relationship is really weird because of it.  He did his job as the father of the house, he provided for us, and was mostly the breadwinner but my relationship with him as a whole is I feel is awkward and weak.  I've tried to rectify of the years to make it stronger but its only gotten marginally better.  Its why I'm taking a dif approach with my kid to make sure I have a strong relationship with him while still being a father so if he feels he wants to come talk to me about something later he can.

I think he's being knocked more for being in a position where Rihanna is perceived as the head of the family. She has the more successful music career, she has a billion dollar business. Her name is mentioned first, not his. 

And it's not just the men. Women give him ish too. "Riri settled, why didn't she stay with the Arab billionare?" "She should've got with Drake, a dude actually near her level. A$AP Rocky is a dusty compared to him" "We know it's Queen Riri running things in that household" "I've been working since I was 16, yet A$AP Rocky gets to be a stay at home dad to a billionaire. Must be nice"

Kinda hard to let go of that " I have to be the provider, leader, strong manly man" standard as a man. When not only other men. But women you desire may look down on you for not meeting it.