Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

hahaha STINKOR shows up in the 2nd episode!!!  that character concept always made me laugh.... I remember my cousin had that action figure, and I thought it would be funny to wash him in good ol' hot water and soap....the smell was still there but just diminished a bit.

End of the 1st episode, Teela was actually looking hot when she let her hair down....but the butch hairstyle in episode 2 isn't working for me so far.

Sorceress and Evillynn continue to be hot as usual...those were the real eye-candy of that show for me back in the day.

It's cool that on this show, characters can actually be shown hitting people, unlike the old days when 80s "standards & practices" censorship was too much in the way.

sidenote---I prefer the newer design for Orko, btw... and right from the start he actually did some cool magical shit.  I don't recall him being much of anything in the old show other than random comedic relief.

Edited by MillionX
15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I just got a Sodastream yesterday and this thing is fucking awesome! Full disclosure: I started drinking the shit out of sparkling water after I quit drinking alcohol because it served as a means to always have a beverage in my hand, with zero calories or sodium. My go to has always been La Croix and I'd go through a 12 pack in two days easy. This new Sodastream allows me to make my own, and I can put lime juice or a couple berries in it for flavor if I want. Shit's bad ass. Will save me money, too!

sparkling water GIF by SodaStream USA

I’ve looked into getting one of these since going on my diet. I just never knew if there was any validation behind the hype of them. Especially since they’ve been out for a long ass time and you barely hear about them these days

7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve looked into getting one of these since going on my diet. I just never knew if there was any validation behind the hype of them. Especially since they’ve been out for a long ass time and you barely hear about them these days

I guess it depends on how much you think you'd use it. As much sparkling water I drink, it's more than justified. If it's something you'd only use on occasion then maybe stick to store bought. There's an initial investment cost, depending on what model you get and if you get and extra CO2 tanks or bottles. I easily spend around $100 a month on cans of Bubbly, Waterloo, or La Croix, so it'll save me money in just a couple months.

22 hours ago, MillionX said:

...more juicy fuel for theories of major "resets" going on at some point in the ancient history of this species...that would be one hell of a reset right there.  Imagine how many advancements would eventually be lost to time if the population is cut that low for an extensive period of time....that's obviously not something a species can quickly recover from.

2df0829c461c5c3d2b271cd73a0c177c.gif

6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I guess it depends on how much you think you'd use it. As much sparkling water I drink, it's more than justified. If it's something you'd only use on occasion then maybe stick to store bought. There's an initial investment cost, depending on what model you get and if you get and extra CO2 tanks or bottles. I easily spend around $100 a month on cans of Bubbly, Waterloo, or La Croix, so it'll save me money in just a couple months.

That’s fair. I’d probably only use it when I remember I have it. 😂 

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

Truly next level.

I shed a tear for the masterful attention to anime tropes, voice acting, and the animation. You don't come across at something that rides the line of being a parody done so well. 

6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

This is way too good for a fast food commercial lol.

"These are our Mexican spices!!!" Lmao

Bruh. When she was looking up at the "friend turned enemy", I paused to laugh. 

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo the fucking voice acting. They out here and paid big bucks for real known voice actors 

That team earned at least one sale out of me. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

The newest He-Man show is hugely based on the current comic book run. But since no one reads comics people gunna be salty.

Also I doubt most the people complaining actually care about He-Man as much as they say, if even at all. Which is the way most “outrages” go when it comes to mediums. They mad for the click bait money. Like just recently when Fox News tried to shit on Captain America for saying something he’s been saying since his creation. 

Lastly, with the new he-man show they legally can’t touch most of the original and 2000’s revival material. Which is why they took so much from the newest comics. 

He (Kevin smith) Lied and got busted doing so.  Fuck him, and fuck his show.  

If he had just said what was coming from the start I doubt he would be getting half the hate he's getting now.  On top of that, he tried to say that the people who had it right were all the "ist" and "phobe" and whatever other buzzword.  In the end, the "Ists" were right and this new he-man-less He-Man show was wrong.  ALL wrong.  If I tell you I've got the PS5 and you say "Come on I got the cash" and when I show up it's only the box with a PS3 in it, I have no right to be upset when you don't pay for it.  Kevin promised one thing, but he brought something that the people didn't want.  Fuck you Kevin.  you gets no money and you might end up with a brick in your window.

EDIT:  I don't know why this damn computer is doing this fucking Green screen shit when I try to view YouTube on brave, but it's about to get dumped in the street.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Or you're a fucking moron who doesn't know jack and or shit about He-Man just like most of the people upset and are jumping guns just like you did with GitS, and just like Fucks News and their brain dead dumb fuck commentary on Captain America. 

You are no different then the far left green/purple haired reactionaries you make fun of. 

Wish you losers were half this passionate about shit that actually matters and effects people. 

Edited by RSG3

He-Man---well, that was even short by Netflix standards...though I see it's "Part 1"...  anyway, it's funny that it turns out Kevin DID indeed spoil something about a certain other character dying...not sure why one would do that about their own show, in an interview before it's out like that.  On the other hand... we didn't see a body for kill confirmation, so it's possible this person might be back later, I guess.

Youtube continues to be too damn hot right now... currently I have 4 tabs open (it was 5 and I just closed one), and once again... that's a very "low" number of youtube tabs for me.

I'm also still combing thru reddit lately for even more stories and general material on the "friend-zone" topic...forever my obsession there.  I'm having to get caught up since I was away from the net for a few days lately.

...now I'm watching ABC News live- 20/20 on hulu, and there's a thing about Scott Peterson... they mentioned in passing that he drank some milk and ate a pizza....whoah whoah hold onnnn there bruh... MILK + pizza?  What is wrong with this dude?!?

Ew Reaction GIF

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Or you're a fucking moron who doesn't know jack and or shit about He-Man just like most of the people upset and are jumping guns just like you did with GitS, and just like Fucks News and their brain dead dumb fuck commentary on Captain America. 

Man, there are so many people on my feed who were all "Woke-Man" regarding this show and are singing its praises acting as if they weren't on a SJW tirade three weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I just got a Sodastream yesterday and this thing is fucking awesome! Full disclosure: I started drinking the shit out of sparkling water after I quit drinking alcohol because it served as a means to always have a beverage in my hand, with zero calories or sodium. My go to has always been La Croix and I'd go through a 12 pack in two days easy. This new Sodastream allows me to make my own, and I can put lime juice or a couple berries in it for flavor if I want. Shit's bad ass. Will save me money, too!

sparkling water GIF by SodaStream USA

Imo the San Pellegrino ones are the absolute best, but I'm finding the Bubly is a second favorite with a bullet. La Croix has some good ones though, especially the tropical pack they have, and since soda water is about all I drink that isn't coffee, tea, or booze these days, I'm constantly looking for good flavors. 

Gotta say, worst is La Croix's Tangerine flavor. It's like they put fish oil in it because it tastes absolutely disgusting to me. 

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

La Croix has some good ones though, especially the tropical pack they have, and since soda water is about all I drink that isn't coffee, tea, or booze these days, I'm constantly looking for good flavors. 

Key Lime (Lime is ass) and Coconut are the two that I go back to. The only other I've tried is Grapefruit (pamplemousse). I'm game for suggestions. 

10 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:
'A huge rise in people just forgetting to be human': Since restaurants reopened, customers have been 'unbearable'

Since California’s June 15 reopening of the economy, customers have gotten … a little difficult. Well, a lot difficult.  “I’ve been seeing a huge rise in people just forgetting to be human,” said Mina Makram, founder of Palo Alto bakery Misfits Bakehouse.  It may feel to customers that the pandemic is over and restaurants should be completely back to normal. In reality, many restaurants are still feeling the effects of the global crisis.

“Not talk, yell,” Nguyen emphasized, sounding increasingly exasperated as she told the story. “This was the beginning of the reopening, and we had a line of takeout orders. Her husband stood at the doorway and was like, ‘She's hungry! She needs her food right now!’”

“One gentleman yelled at my server, ‘I don't understand why you guys don’t have more tables out here’ … because they didn't want to wait for the table. They were just super rude,” said Nguyen. “Where exactly do you want me to put all of these extra tables? In the road, where the cars drive?”

Not surprised this is happening, in San Francisco of all places, but that's what happens when you have people getting whatever they want delivered for a year and not having to take any of their own time to really wait for it. 

I have a theory that on-demand goods & entertainment have contributed to a lot of people's general inability to understand that they can't always get what they want when they want it outside their homes. 

3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Key Lime (Lime is ass) and Coconut are the two that I go back to. The only other I've tried is Grapefruit (pamplemousse). I'm game for suggestions. 

Lime is ok, but like I said, I'd go for the San Pellegrino or Bubly brands if you can find them. SP costs a bit more but the flavor is really great and I find the flavor in general of the Bubly ones is better. If you're down to stick with LaCroix, I'd go for the tropical pack. It's got a good blackberry, a "Beach Plum" flavor that's really good, and my favorite, a guava flavor too. 

37 minutes ago, Genghis_Dong said:

When is a pizza restaurant gonna give me the option for cold pizza? Make it happen pizza overlords

what?  you want cold pizza?  It's simple.

Step 1:  Call Domino's.

Step 2:  order pizza.

Step 3: Wait.

Step 4: Wait.

Step 5: Wait.

Step 6: Curse and continue to wait.

Step 9001: Get the pizza you ordered last week.

Step 9002: Enjoy one cold ass pizza.

Believe me, it works.  I've tried it several times and it never fails.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
30 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Lime is ok, but like I said, I'd go for the San Pellegrino or Bubly brands if you can find them. SP costs a bit more but the flavor is really great and I find the flavor in general of the Bubly ones is better. If you're down to stick with LaCroix, I'd go for the tropical pack. It's got a good blackberry, a "Beach Plum" flavor that's really good, and my favorite, a guava flavor too. 

giphy.gif

Going to the store tomorrow. . . 

man this episode of F&F is rough.... it's just the start of the show and Myron is clearly annoyed as hell... the DJ guest talks too much and appears to be drunk...and the girls are talking non-stop as well...and 1 of them is drunk too.... wooo this is quite the trainwreck tonight 😄

chat has been on fire with the "Frank Castle loading..."/"Frank comin' out tonight", etc.  mentions non-stop here...

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'm partial to the citrus flavors for La Croix. Not a big fan of anything else from that brand. Orange is really fucking good. So is Lemon and Grapefruit. Definitely like Key Lime better than Lime. If you like birthday cake try the Lemoncello 😂

I don't really like Bubly as much. Their flavors leave a weird aftertaste for me for some reason. Except for Summer Berry. It tastes like a Bomb Pop!  Waterloo is really good, especially Grape and Blueberry. Grape Waterloo might be the absolute best flavor sparkling water, imo.

San Pellegrino is the best natural flavored sparkling water, hands down. Their flavors are decent, but I think they have more than just natural flavors in them so it won't be the same calorie-free as the rest of them. But they're fucking delicious.

Topo Chico is really good if you want to try a mineral water. It has a few extra things like sodium and calcium though, hence the mineral part. But it's really refreshing. 

Edited by Chadouken

Rhode Island is closer to NY than it is Jersey shore. Yet I find they constantly have such a jersey shore aesthetic and it's soo weird to me. I don't know if it's born out of the mob culture or what. Because the mob left RI really recently. I know it has a huge Italian population but I find it fascinating. It's a mixture of new england and jersey/Italian slang

ah, I occasionally forget that this show The Real is a nice little goldmine for these topics I've been checking out constantly as of late....straight from the horse's mouth...a lot of them, famous or not WILL admit it they loved the thugs and the players at least early on in life (this is in addition to most people seeing real-life examples of the shit for themselves on several occasions), so it's always hilarious to me that anyone would ever claim otherwise....proof is in the pudding as to who tends to get them when they are in their prime....and Mr. Nice tends to get the left-over scraps when they're like 36 and often saddled with other guys' kids....and even then the woman probably settled... so it's still not truly a "win" 😆

a sad/interesting thing to me is that this obviously isn't anything new, either.  Varying levels of "Bad boy" image has been an attractive thing for several generations at this point, at least in the U.S.  During her prime years, if her choice is between a nerdy guy and "Deebo", we all know who she is more likely to want, and who is going to be tucked away in a certain "Zone" (as her late-game option at age 36, of course)

damn, Sandy Duncan looks so cute as usual on this episode....

I finally had to look up the lyrics to The Hogan Family intro theme....for all these years, I thought they were saying "We've got Rosa...as happy as can be!" when they show Mrs. Poole, which didn't make sense because that is not her name....of course that was incorrect: 

We get closer, through happiness and tears
And in our hearts we share
The laughter and the sadness
A special kind of madness
Together through the years

There is also a song by 3 Doors Down if I recall....called "If I could Be Like That", and I swear that must've been on purpose that it sounds exactly like they're singing "Fuck me Like That!"  I first heard it on the radio while driving around one day... and it was such a Twilight Zone moment for me...for the longest time I was in disbelief like ---"dude, NO WAY they're getting away with saying this on regular radio.... what the hell, man?!"  I kept listening closer and closer but it sounds exactly like "Fuck me like that!" on the chorus part each time.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Do you guys like boba tea drinks?

I get them occasionally.

I like Taro Milk Tea flavor.

Yup. Big boba fan here.. sadly, i cant get boba with my demographic  because for some odd reason they all consider it a white and asian drink.

So i get looked at in a weird way as if i am uncle tom or something if i suggest to go out to OneZo (which is an S++ tier boba spot in NYC) over sitting in park benches, smoking weed while listening to fake digital made music with someone talking about drugs, banging ugly hoes and breaking the law over it (modern day rap music) with hood rat fat girls who are as educated as a 2nd grader swarming the joint.  

Boba drinks have widen my friend demographic and its one of the ways i managed to get friends of different backgrounds who actually know something of value rather than just how and where 2pac got shot.

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

So for the past few days my throats been feeling fucked up. I feel 100% physically fine but my voice is kinda fucked and I'm confused. I can feel it's slightly bumped. Voice is fucked in the morning mostly 

Did you yell , scream , or talk really loudly at any time in the last week?

9 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Did you yell , scream , or talk really loudly at any time in the last week?

Nope. I've honestly not talked alot at all this week. I've had a couple random coughing fits too. I'm wondering if this is a side affect of creatine possibly. 

13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

It could be laryngitis due to a viral infection.

Many types of viruses can cause it.

Creatine seems generally safe unless you have a pre-exisiting kidney disease.

I have never used it myself so I cant say for sure.

This seems more likely, usually I get it with stinging in my throat. But I'll see how it plays out.