Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I wasn't really following this Netflix He-Man controversy, because I don't care about He-Man stuff. Also, the only people making videos about it are these anti-SJW channels that I hate. But what I'm hearing about it is crazy to me. Basically [Spoilers for HE-MAN]:

Spoiler

They pulled a classic bait and switch, with Kevin Smith straight up lying about the show being about He-Man. He even called fake BS on an early leak saying He-Man was about to get sidelined. Then the show hit, and He-Man gets sidelined for the rest of this block of episodes (heard the season is split). Now the fans are angry and KS is doing damage control trying to defend himself.

If what I just said is true, then... how? How could they (and he) do that and possibly think it would go over well? Like I said, I have no attachment to He-Man, and this will probably blow over. Still, I don't get the logic behind this AT ALL. If I'm analogizing right (and again, I might not be, because I don't know this series and Anti-SJW channels exaggerate to the moon), it's like Superman being sidelined for half a season of a Superman show. Regardless of how good the show is, why even give yourself that hill to climb over?

I can't really stir up any interest in the Netflix He-Man to look into it either.

But as much as I loved it at the time, the original He-Man series really is a garbage cartoon.  If the new one can actually slap together enough sustained plot for He-Man to get sidelined for more than like 5 minutes of an episode, fans should probably be THANKING Netflix instead of burying them.

Nerds get so fucking worked up over petty shit.

Edited by Reticently
14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Do they realize that she is one of Larry Nassar's victims?

I'd bet that some don't.  I didn't even know it myself until only a few days ago.  Still, these people are saying stupid and reckless stuff.  She quit.  That much we all know.  To me that really is the only part that matters as far as the Olympics go.  Whatever the reasons are that led to her leaving, I hope they aren't serious and will be fixed soon.

14 hours ago, HD-Man said:

They do, and clearly don't care. There's this one idiot who doubled down on it after I said how ridiculous his comparisons were. Apparently if you hate your job and not feeling mentally well, you should just continue and "tough it out" 

And ppl wonder why the suicide rate is so damn high

Thinking like this is why the military suicide rate was and is as high as it is.  Whatever command you went to, somebody in it died by their own hand not too long ago.  If you're a sailor on a ship, you know that people tend to,"Get lost" in port quite often.  That's part of why they started the buddy system.  Walking off a stubbed toe or Pushing through a mild headache for the last 20 or so minutes at work is one thing.  Depression that has built up over months or years is going to take more than guts to beat.  If your job is some bullshit, try to get it handled through the available channels.  If that doesn't work, don't be afraid to leave.  Please don't pick a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Imagine excusing your racism on your mental conditions.

This retard put their tweets on private cause they got blown up so hard.

00sk1zhrh5e71.jpg?width=750&auto=webp&s=

I don't understand how autism or OCD would lead to those types of feelings but maybe I'm not up on them.  That reply tho 😂

That said, I don't think those feelings are so much racism as just not having a lot of experience with people of other races, and I'd put money on there being people of ALL races who feel that way. 

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I wasn't really following this Netflix He-Man controversy, because I don't care about He-Man stuff. Also, the only people making videos about it are these anti-SJW channels that I hate. But what I'm hearing about it is crazy to me. Basically [Spoilers for HE-MAN]:

Hide contents

They pulled a classic bait and switch, with Kevin Smith straight up lying about the show being about He-Man. He even called fake BS on an early leak saying He-Man was about to get sidelined. Then the show hit, and He-Man gets sidelined for the rest of this block of episodes (heard the season is split). Now the fans are angry and KS is doing damage control trying to defend himself.

If what I just said is true, then... how? How could they (and he) do that and possibly think it would go over well? Like I said, I have no attachment to He-Man, and this will probably blow over. Still, I don't get the logic behind this AT ALL. If I'm analogizing right (and again, I might not be, because I don't know this series and Anti-SJW channels exaggerate to the moon), it's like Superman being sidelined for half a season of a Superman show. Regardless of how good the show is, why even give yourself that hill to climb over?

It's true. And after the show released, he's double downed trying to say he didn't lie about it. He shouldn't have even addressed the rumors. And those rumors have nothing to do with him lying about being a huge fan of the series when said repeatedly and publicly, before he took the job, that he didn't care for He-Man. "I was a big fan of He-Man, I used to come home and watch it every day in 1981". Show wasn't out then.

He caused the issue to blow up by attacking ClownfishTV and tagging them so all of his followers would go after them. Now a lot of those people he tagged are finding out he pulled a fast on them. He literally gave the rumor traction by going after them.  It would be like me being given a Tekken show and  telling everyone "I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I went to arcade every weekend to play it when it released 1993." I'd be full of shit and people would rightfully skewer me for it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
53 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't understand how autism or OCD would lead to those types of feelings but maybe I'm not up on them.  That reply tho 😂

That said, I don't think those feelings are so much racism as just not having a lot of experience with people of other races, and I'd put money on there being people of ALL races who feel that way. 

I don't recall anyone ever saying they are scared of chinese or italian people.

Always seem to be black folk lol

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Being scared of a certain race is not the same as hating their existence in your country.

Xenophobia is fear and/or hate of outsiders or those whom are different from you. Its not just hate. Fear is a key and generally stronger/first componant and the people you fear don't even have to be in your country. It's primarily about keeping then out anyway. 

Edited by RSG3
46 minutes ago, scorp said:

I don't recall anyone ever saying they are scared of chinese or italian people.

Always seem to be black folk lol

I think the downsides of telling white people they're always going to be racist no matter what is that they get worried they're unconsciously doing something "racist," hence why they'd be uncomfortable if they take that message to heart. There's a difference between discomfort because of lack of interaction and hate and it's a distinction nobody seems willing to entertain these days.

But this person using unrelated mental illnesses as an excuse sucks. Just own it. That way you could give them credit for at least being willing to be honest about it.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Reading that comes off to me more like ignorance. Still dumb but again I lack experience with many OCD/autistic people.

If I were to self diagnosis myself based on my mannerisms/mentality and if I was a kid now, I COULD be diagnosed as autistic. 

Oh, I had no idea Disney had acquired Predator

Disney’s ‘Predator’ Sequel to Feature Female Hero and Native American Themes

PredatorOffender1-640x480.jpg

The first Predator movie to be released by The Walt Disney Co. will feature a female protagonist and Native American themes, marking a stark departure from the masculine and futuristic worlds of the previous movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Glover.

Producers John Davis and John Fox told Collider the new movie, titled Skull, is almost finished shooting and will be an origin story about the Predator’s first journey to this planet.

The movie will feature a female hero, “which I always think is interesting,” Davis told Collider.

“It goes back to what made the original Predator movie work. It’s the ingenuity of a human being who won’t give up, who’s able to observe and interpret, basically being able to beat a stronger, more powerful, well-armed force.”

The producers told Collider that the movie bears a resemblance to The Revenant, the 2015 Leonardo DiCaprio movie that takes place in the 19th century on the American frontier where Indians engage in battles with fur traders.

“It actually has more akin to The Revenant than it does any film in the Predator canon. You’ll know what I mean once you see it,” said Fox. “You can use your imagination. It is… early.”

Skull will be the first Predator movie released by Disney since it acquired 21st Century Fox in 2019. No release date has been announced.

ha, just the phrase "female predator" instantly makes me think of your average high school teacher that ends up in the news these days.  🤣  It always amuses me how they've become the face of that particular crime.  Back in the day, "Catholic Priest" or maybe "camp counselor" was the first usual suspect that comes to mind....now it's always the young 20-something female teacher that is often surprisingly attractive.

1 minute ago, MillionX said:

ha, just the phrase "female predator" instantly makes me think of your average high school teacher that ends up in the news these days.  🤣  It always amuses me how they've become the face of that particular crime.  Back in the day, "Catholic Priest" or maybe "camp counselor" was the first usual suspect that comes to mind....now it's always the young 20-something female teacher that is often surprisingly attractive.

Boy Scout Leader. 

9 hours ago, scorp said:

Imagine excusing your racism on your mental conditions.

This retard put their tweets on private cause they got blown up so hard.

00sk1zhrh5e71.jpg?width=750&auto=webp&s=

Most taxi drivers in nyc feel the same. Do you know how hard it was for me to get a can during the middle of the night? Almost impossible. The majority of taxi drivers do not stop for black people during the night because of how many times they experienced getting robbed or just dealing with some shithead feeling he needs to show he has that thug life bullshit.

I recall one driver expressing how he prefers other ethnicities because they some how have the common sense that there isn't much to mug off a cab driver, the blacks he encountered would rob even if the driver just had 25$ in his wallet because they just need to feel that gangsta cred.  This driver was black btw, even black drivers dont stop for blacks. 

thank god they made uber and lift. It’s much easier to get a ride past 9pm.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Catholic priests should still be the main sith lord when it comes to the subject of sexual predators. I think there was a recent cardinal in nyc that just got caught for fucking kids during the 70s. 

R Kelly is also high on that list

36 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, the new NOT He-Man show definitely bait and switches on you. Honestly first episode IS good tho. Hoping since this is part 1, it simply goes thru all the sides characters in later seasons and He-Man ends up being central again....but I won't hold my breath 

I hated it. Kevin smith’s woke ass fucked it up. Mother fucker needs to shut the fuck up and go play magic the gathering or DoD with jack black or some other fat ugly nerd celeb.

21 minutes ago, Zatalcon2 said:

Most taxi drivers in nyc feel the same. Do you know how hard it was for me to get a can during the middle of the night? Almost impossible. The majority of taxi drivers do not stop for black people during the night because of how many times they experienced getting robbed or just dealing with some shithead feeling he needs to show he has that thug life bullshit.

I recall one driver expressing how he prefers other ethnicities because they some how have the common sense that there isn't much to mug off a cab driver, the blacks he encountered would rob even if the driver just had 25$ in his wallet because they just need to feel that gangsta cred.  This driver was black btw, even black drivers dont stop for blacks. 

thank god they made uber and lift. It’s much easier to get a ride past 9pm.

I'd say the big difference here is that the cab drivers reasoning isn't because of hatred of one's skin, but the experience they have had.  like you said, even the black driver is saying that he too would get robbed by other black people.  No matter how you look at that, It's a bad look for the brothers.

9 hours ago, axeman61 said:

The show is amazing, and it's a deep dive into the lore of the setting and opening alot. 
Plus this is just one's man take on the IP. Netflix is having a 2nd non-related He-man show coming sometime this or next year. 

ohhhhhh I look forward to browsing the comments on this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3HnRsDvIP/

^that FINE ass Suni Lee posted a pic of her and Simone posing with the medals... and Simone posted in there; I already see 128 comments replying directly to her....

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

I do wonder though... will Simone still get any endorsement deals even though she quit?  That would seem unfair to the rest of the girls that went on to finish competing, and especially those who went on to do well enough to get medals....then again it's up to the various companies making those deals as to who they want as a face on a commercial, I guess.

whoahhhh my old honey NASTY NASTIA is on as commentary!!!  She's looking better than ever too; I'd eat the HELL out of THAT. 

Edited by MillionX
17 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ohhhhhh I look forward to browsing the comments on this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3HnRsDvIP/

^that FINE ass Suni Lee posted a pic of her and Simone posing with the medals... and Simone posted in there; I already see 128 comments replying directly to her....

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

meh.  Do I have to make an account to view the whole thing?  I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.

13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Aaaand Disney is going to fight it...I'd say I was surprised but...

https://www.ign.com/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-black-widow-contract-premier-access

Good luck ScarJo

We'll duh, the mouse keeps his cheese. He doesn't share. Disney is arguing that her slice of cheese is what was agreed upon so good luck to her. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
51 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

We'll duh, the mouse keeps his cheese. He doesn't share. Disney is arguing that her slice of cheese is what was agreed upon so good luck to her. 

They are also arguing she is getting a slice of the D+ money anyway. Dunno but their position sounds solid. Have to see where it goes.