Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Does anyone know if theirs a easy way to check court records to see if someone's in jail? I'm worried a friend of mine is in jail atm. His girl messaged me July 15 asking if I knew about his court case. And I had no clue about it.. I suspect some possibilities but she gave me no details. I messaged her later that day asking for an update and said he's probably not gonna see me for a bit because he's embarrassed and gave no updates. He hasn't posted a status or ig post. He's usually semi active and she won't respond to my messages so I'm trying to figure out if he's in jail. Even his other friends have messaged me asking about him

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Does anyone know if theirs a easy way to check court records to see if someone's in jail? I'm worried a friend of mine is in jail atm. His girl messaged me July 15 asking if I knew about his court case. And I had no clue about it.. I suspect some possibilities but she gave me no details. I messaged her later that day asking for an update and said he's probably not gonna see me for a bit because he's embarrassed and gave no updates. He hasn't posted a status or ig post. He's usually semi active and she won't respond to my messages so I'm trying to figure out if he's in jail. Even his other friends have messaged me asking about him

If he's local maybe you can just go to the police station?  I'd imagine they'd know.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Don't know what court he was at.

This in Massachusetts?  Mass court records are available online but you'll need to at least make an educated guess about what court it's in.  I'd google what district court covers where he lives, and also check the superior court and bmc records if that doesn't pan out.

https://www.masscourts.org/eservices/search.page.3?x=*J2ucApXD8ex59yEueFsfA

Edited by Reticently
10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Police no. Mall security possibly depending on the rules. As a former mall rat.. Our police were dumb active in our malls especially Fri and Sat nights. I used to see people get arrested or taken into custody all the fucking time. We had mini race wars as well as inter school fueds between the three high schools nearby

Me it depends, if this scenario played out in Baltimore the cops would not step in unless they though the one dude about to kill the other.

I remember one time I was downtown and there a baseball game, a football game, an Anime convention and a International soccer game happening the same day where a Drunk Yankies fan yelled "Fuck Baltimore" every man, woman and child was about to jump this fucker, and I don't mean just the city natives, people from other states, other countries all were about to jump in, anime weebs in cosplay, Japanese Business men, Toddlers, shop owners, all wanted to kick this guys ass. People know you don't dis your host city. Only people who looked away was the police, they knew this guy could of well got murdered by a entire city and the cops just turn around and walked away. At this moment this drunk Yankie fan knew he was fucked. 

I didn't know what happen to him 15-20 min later when he realize he needed to GTFO. Probably got his ass kicked and his wallet stolen. 

The company my wife works for was planning on a return to office across the board recently, but we've not heard anything about a return date. Said company was considering hybrid schedules, or a full-ass return to the office. Don't know which one yet.

I'm certain now with this delta variant having hit the community pretty hard, yeah they're keeping WFH in place. Doesn't affect me one bit since I'm 100% WFH for my clients.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Go to your local gas station and get you one of these: 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

My wife's employer wanted her back in the office 3 days a week.  She asked them to reconsider or she'd find a new job.

She started her new job 2 weeks ago now.  

lol.  They wanted her back but she said..........

WcFhFB2.gif

Bad idea to try and pressure your employees at a time when places are begging for them.  She definitely had the upper hand in this one and her former employers for some reason didn't see that.  I guess they had their cards to play.  Looks like they didn't win this round.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Drakkon is not to be trifled with. Dude conquered his realm, wasn't satisfied, and said I'm gonna conquer them all.

I want to read more him to find out how he got to be so powerful.

Currently,

Spoiler

he's a prisoner of the Omega rangers. And some new enemies have appeared that even Drakkon is scared of fighting.

54 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This shit had me rolling........

Martin ain't funny doe...*runs*

Griffy is hilarious, that part about "appropriating white culture" got me crying 🤣

Martin the standup is funny, Martin the show, eh, not so much imo. I'm glad the paradigm of comics getting sitcoms is dying because there have been so many great standups that become fucking awful on their shows. Bob Saget is a good example.

Just now, RSG3 said:

I think they are mostly against weak half hearted attempts that marginalize another group in order to do it...

That's my perception of it so far and certainly where I stand. 

You hit the nail on the head. We deserve better than lazy race bent characters. Especially when there are original characters that get no play. I frankly find it disingenuous and condescending. I'm not on the plantation, I don't have to accept scraps.  

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You hit the nail on the head. We deserve better than lazy race bent characters. Especially when there are original characters that get no play. I frankly find it disingenuous and condescending. I'm not on the plantation, I don't have to accept scraps.  

funny you should mention that.  It appears that Michael B. Jordan feels the same way.

I think this could REALLY take off if he gets it done.  I have a feeling that Hollywood will be against it, but let us cross our fingers and hope it hits the big screen.

You guys seem to be overly upset that a ginger character is "turned" into black , but most redheads in Hollywood are people wearing wigs or dying their hair.

See Christina Hendricks or Scar Jo.

Is  there really outrage from everyday gingers that they are losing representation to black folks?

Just now, DangerousJ said:

You guys seem to be overly upset that a ginger character is "turned" into black , but most redheads in Hollywood are people wearing wigs or dying their hair.

Is  there really outrage from everyday gingers that they are losing representation to black folks?

At first it was a funny coincidence now it's just plain ridiculous. You can tell how they'll "diversify" a show before it launches. Find the ginger and they'll be the black guy or girl added to the show. It's a symbol of the utter laziness that I revile.

As someone who finds gingers pretty hot I am highly...HIIIIGHLY offended that MCU MJ isn't translucent!!!

I'm not really and I like Zendaya a decent amount from what I've seen of her, but I do find the replacement of gingers in media pretty annoying if I'm honest with you. Call me.over sensitive I guess I just think we can do better. I don't care if the actress or actor dyes their hair or wears a wig because they are playing a character so I'm kind of more interested in the character themselves then the actor. 

I also think its lazy and black people deserve better. Again it's cool Michael B is pushing an actual black Superman in Val Zod, but I still think Icon would be better then this. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Natural redheads are a minority among white Europeans so it's odd to erase one minority for another. The point However is that swapping an established character for another race for no reason other then diversity is lazy. We've had great black heroes for years/decades now. Dig deep and there's sooo many that deserve a show, cartoon, movie. Use them or at least an original idea first before doing a race swap. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I agree with this. Nothing against the actors, I just dislike that companies are engaging in identity politics to appeal to people who probably never even heard of the material their TV shows and moves are based on. I wish they would bring more minority characters to the spotlight. Ever heard of Maxam? He's pretty cool, with strength that can match Hercules and Drax. He can fly. Something of a tech wiz. He's a character that Marvel should be using more. I don't want a race-bent Hercules, for instance, I want them to use the characters they already have and make them shine.

2878547-letter_5.jpeg

Edited by AriesWarlock
20 hours ago, Maxx said:

Call his mom and ask her if he is in jail. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Million, some vids on your favorite comedy topic courtesy of my peeps....

I think I posted this one before 

(These two are actually married in real life.)

One little point of frustration is that my obsession extends to the comment section too... I could easily spend an... unhealthy amount of time checking out all the commentary as well....until I eventually give up because on major videos... it can be tens or even hundreds of thousands+  comments there... especially for popular videos that are also old.  Oh yeah, I'm that dude that ends up clicking the like button on comments that were posted 7 years ago.... and I just keep on scrolling down that rabbit hole.... it's tough to stop....

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF