Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Oh, I had no idea Disney had acquired Predator

Disney’s ‘Predator’ Sequel to Feature Female Hero and Native American Themes

PredatorOffender1-640x480.jpg

The first Predator movie to be released by The Walt Disney Co. will feature a female protagonist and Native American themes, marking a stark departure from the masculine and futuristic worlds of the previous movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Glover.

Producers John Davis and John Fox told Collider the new movie, titled Skull, is almost finished shooting and will be an origin story about the Predator’s first journey to this planet.

The movie will feature a female hero, “which I always think is interesting,” Davis told Collider.

“It goes back to what made the original Predator movie work. It’s the ingenuity of a human being who won’t give up, who’s able to observe and interpret, basically being able to beat a stronger, more powerful, well-armed force.”

The producers told Collider that the movie bears a resemblance to The Revenant, the 2015 Leonardo DiCaprio movie that takes place in the 19th century on the American frontier where Indians engage in battles with fur traders.

“It actually has more akin to The Revenant than it does any film in the Predator canon. You’ll know what I mean once you see it,” said Fox. “You can use your imagination. It is… early.”

Skull will be the first Predator movie released by Disney since it acquired 21st Century Fox in 2019. No release date has been announced.

at this rate, the next robocop might be an actual fembot.

eh, it's hard to keep up with that already, I see---- Instagram is pretty damn terrible in terms of how comments are displayed, imo...everything is so cramped on that right side, and hitting the "+" only unfolds 5 more comments at a time....yeahhh fuck that.  The girls are also probably going to deleting comments eventually, I bet...or have someone else delete them.

yeah it's a quick watch, actually... the new Masters of the Universe---only 5 episodes at 20-something minutes each....and I assume Part 2 will be the same, most likely.  I'm curious to see how it ends up.

Women's track is on now.... the ASS, folks

Big Boi Oh Lord GIF by Fuse

45 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What's your favorite use of the F-Bomb in a PG-13 movie? I'll have to think on this but my current split second pick is Alita. 

"Fuck your mercy." Than an jams her entire hand up to the wrist in dude eye socket and breaks the prosthetic off. Pretty damn bad ads for PG-13. 

Wolverine in X-Men First Class

2 hours ago, rukawa_kaede said:

damn that sucks. hopefully they are just moving stuff as they migrate to whatever the next website looks like. i remember reading last year how the pay fuckery worked for the writers too.

8 hours ago, rukawa_kaede said:

I didn't go to the front page all that often, and I'll admit I did read some good content there, but as the site went on, it seemed like it was more the type of tripe people like iantothemax would write, and I won't be sad to see stuff like that end up in the internet shit pile. 

Couldn't somebody dump the site as it existed and host it somewhere in read only form? Or is it being on archive.org good enough? 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Did the amusement park itself open up before the resort? 

Depends on the resort. Florida has been reopened as a whole since last year. California side, they opened the theme park in April 2021 but the shopping part opened back in July 2020 and the hotels opened in phases between April to June 2021.

An Emerging Tickborne Disease Is Gaining Steam in New York

Cases of anaplasmosis have only gotten more common in New York State over the past decade, especially around Albany.

e347aa4f14153cd835aee0b7cfb5777f.jpg

The same ticks that spread Lyme disease can also spread anaplasmosis. Above, a deer tick seen under a microscope.

An emerging disease spread by ticks is becoming a substantial public health threat in New York State, researchers warn in a new study out this month. The study found that human cases of anaplasmosis have dramatically increased in the state over the past decade, and ticks are found to be carrying the bacteria responsible for it more frequently.

Anaplasmosis is caused by the bacteria Anaplasma phagocytophilum, which needs to invade white blood cells to survive. It’s spread by the same two species of tick known to carry Lyme disease in the U.S., the blacklegged or deer tick (Ixodes scapularis) in the East and the western blacklegged tick (Ixodes pacificus) on the Pacific coast. Early symptoms, which usually appear a week or two after a bite, include fever, headache, and vomiting. But it can also progress to more serious symptoms such as bleeding, organ failure, and ultimately death. These severe cases are more common in people with already weakened symptoms or when the initial infection isn’t promptly treated with antibiotics.

“Unlike Lyme disease, another tickborne infection with similar early symptoms that can become debilitating but rarely causes death, anaplasmosis can kill if left untreated,” study author Melissa Prusinski, a researcher with the New York State Department of Health’s Bureau of Communicable Disease Control, told Gizmodo in an email.

This new study, published in the CDC journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, indicates that parts of New York have become a major hotspot of anaplasmosis activity.

“There is no vaccine to prevent anaplasmosis, but there are several simple steps that people can take to prevent tickborne illnesses by avoiding tick bites,” she said.

Simple tick prevention tips when hiking or doing activities in possible tick-infested areas like the woodlands include wearing light-colored clothing with a tight weave to spot ticks easily; using insect repellent or treating clothing with compounds that kill ticks; and checking your clothes and skin frequently while outdoors and after you get inside. Other tips can be seen here on the Department of Health’s website.

Angryman on a roll again today

I hate that I missed most of this already.... and he's taken the "uncomfortable" opinion on some of the people you see in the thumbnail, so oh yeahhhh it's juicy 🤣

Sha'Carri is a much worse, more embarrassing case, imo.  Plenty of other athletes went thru some shit and somehow managed to stay clean for the competition.  Maybe you smoke one up *after* you've already come back home, perhaps with a medal and on your way to some endorsement deals.

Sorry, if my mom died, the last thing that'd be on my mind is some shitty sports competition. Besides, Sha'Carri owned up to it and accepted the consequences, it's over and done with at this point. Pretty shitty to dawg someone out who's grieving, we all grieve in different ways (not directing this at you Million, in general) 

She's still young so she'll have another shot at the Olympics. And she has been getting endorsements as well, she's currently under Nike with offers from vape and CBD companies 

As far as Simone, no one is more decorated than her despite all the convenient rules they come up with to hinder her, so she honestly doesn't have to prove anything. And she too is dealing with trauma due to her being a victim of rape 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

An Emerging Tickborne Disease Is Gaining Steam in New York

Cases of anaplasmosis have only gotten more common in New York State over the past decade, especially around Albany.

e347aa4f14153cd835aee0b7cfb5777f.jpg

The same ticks that spread Lyme disease can also spread anaplasmosis. Above, a deer tick seen under a microscope.

An emerging disease spread by ticks is becoming a substantial public health threat in New York State, researchers warn in a new study out this month. The study found that human cases of anaplasmosis have dramatically increased in the state over the past decade, and ticks are found to be carrying the bacteria responsible for it more frequently.

Anaplasmosis is caused by the bacteria Anaplasma phagocytophilum, which needs to invade white blood cells to survive. It’s spread by the same two species of tick known to carry Lyme disease in the U.S., the blacklegged or deer tick (Ixodes scapularis) in the East and the western blacklegged tick (Ixodes pacificus) on the Pacific coast. Early symptoms, which usually appear a week or two after a bite, include fever, headache, and vomiting. But it can also progress to more serious symptoms such as bleeding, organ failure, and ultimately death. These severe cases are more common in people with already weakened symptoms or when the initial infection isn’t promptly treated with antibiotics.

“Unlike Lyme disease, another tickborne infection with similar early symptoms that can become debilitating but rarely causes death, anaplasmosis can kill if left untreated,” study author Melissa Prusinski, a researcher with the New York State Department of Health’s Bureau of Communicable Disease Control, told Gizmodo in an email.

This new study, published in the CDC journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, indicates that parts of New York have become a major hotspot of anaplasmosis activity.

“There is no vaccine to prevent anaplasmosis, but there are several simple steps that people can take to prevent tickborne illnesses by avoiding tick bites,” she said.

Simple tick prevention tips when hiking or doing activities in possible tick-infested areas like the woodlands include wearing light-colored clothing with a tight weave to spot ticks easily; using insect repellent or treating clothing with compounds that kill ticks; and checking your clothes and skin frequently while outdoors and after you get inside. Other tips can be seen here on the Department of Health’s website.

Our new house is in a wooded area and ticks are definitely plentiful around there.  

One thing I learned is that Lyme disease will make you permanently allergic to red meat, so if you get it, no more steaks. They'll make you violently ill. 

So basically the way I handle the vaccine convo: I lay out what the purpose of the vaccine is from my personal research then  let ppl decide for themselves, judgement free.

I do that because I think trying to shame/bully ppl into getting an injection is gross and achieves the opposite effect. And  plus, if hypothetically speaking, years down the vaccine causes some adverse affects (which I doubt they will) I don't want to have to hold that guilt on my conscience 

Alternatively, I also do NOT tell ppl not to get it when it could possibly save their lives. Not trynna have a friend of mine get Covid, then die from listening to my dumb ass. That would destroy me honestly 

An on another point, I am getting to a point where I just don't want to discuss it at all, things seems to be leading to a civil war of the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Slowly but surely, Im moving this into the box with religion, politics and other things I won't discuss with ppl. Like shit gets ugly when the topic comes up

38 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Sorry, if my mom died, the last thing that'd be on my mind is some shitty sports competition. Besides, Sha'Carri owned up to it and accepted the consequences, it's over and done with at this point. Pretty shitty to dawg someone out who's grieving, we all grieve in different ways (not directing this at you Million, in general) 

She's still young so she'll have another shot at the Olympics. And she has been getting endorsements as well, she's currently under Nike with offers from vape and CBD companies 

As far as Simone, no one is more decorated than her despite all the convenient rules they come up with to hinder her, so she honestly doesn't have to prove anything. And she too is dealing with trauma due to her being a victim of rape 🤷🏾‍♂️

-sha'carri found out in the middle of an interview. No one in a normal setting ever finds out a death that way. 

-Simone biles was sexually assaulted not raped. 

Both are traumatic. But Simone case has more to do with her head not being in the right place and she was suffering from twisties which causes you to lose where you are in flips. I've had that happen. 

Both situations suck. 

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

-sha'carri found out in the middle of an interview. No one in a normal setting ever finds out a death that way. 

-Simone biles was sexually assaulted not raped. 

Both are traumatic. But Simone case has more to do with her head not being in the right place and she was suffering from twisties which causes you to lose where you are in flips. I've had that happen. 

Both situations suck. 

Ah, thanks for the clarification on that sexual assault thing. Didn't know about the twisties stuff, first time hearing that was a thing. I'll look it up in a bit

44 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So basically the way I handle the vaccine convo: I lay out what the purpose of the vaccine is from my personal research then  let ppl decide for themselves, judgement free.

I do that because I think trying to shame/bully ppl into getting an injection is gross and achieves the opposite effect. And  plus, if hypothetically speaking, years down the vaccine causes some adverse affects (which I doubt they will) I don't want to have to hold that guilt on my conscience 

Alternatively, I also do NOT tell ppl not to get it when it could possibly save their lives. Not trynna have a friend of mine get Covid, then die from listening to my dumb ass. That would destroy me honestly 

An on another point, I am getting to a point where I just don't want to discuss it at all, things seems to be leading to a civil war of the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Slowly but surely, Im moving this into the box with religion, politics and other things I won't discuss with ppl. Like shit gets ugly when the topic comes up

Its not gonna be much of a war if it happens.  99% of people dying to covid have been invaccinated so by the time the 'war' happens they are gonna be severely outnumbered.

20 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

If they cancel my Phish show in October I'm voting for Trump in 2024 😤

It's BAD down here in Bama, all the hospitals full. I'm thinking another shutdown is imminent, I'm honestly kinda for it but I feel the government won't take care of ppl properly like last time