Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

So there's yet another Vampire ttrpg chronical/podcast thing I've been checking out lately, but the general tone of this one is a bit more light-hearted, unfortunately... so the only reason I'm sticking around at this point is simply because there's about 3 hot ass girls on there (Noura Ibrahim, Cynthia Marie and Diana DiMicco... Noura especially is a goddamn 9.5, arguable 10, imo.. check her out here: https://www.instagram.com/nouralogical/ girl is absolutely ridiculous... the one playing the blue-haired Lasombra looks like she might be good too; I need to check on that one more closely.).... anyway... I'm just a tad bit picky about that.  When it comes to all that cool supernatural shit I love so much -- the vamps, werewolves, witchcraft etc.... I want whatever it is to be at least *mostly* serious... more leaning towards an atmosphere of good horror.  This is why True Blood was initially a bit of a turn-off for me, and it had to win me over after some time.... basically, things that are "pure comedy show"... ehhh it's just not what I'm looking for with that subject matter.  This is a reason that the popular show "What We Do in the Shadows" I think it's called....it just didn't keep my interest....it seems like everyone else in the world loves that shit but me.

9 hours ago, Reticently said:

TIL that Christmas is very different in Australia:

little brat wants to keep acting up?  No problem.  In Australia they don't put Coal in your stocking.  They put an Emu in your face. 

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

My new place of work not only encourages snitching on each other but will actually pay you for it. 

what the fuck. Scandalous 

I see a great money making opportunity here. 

1:  Snitch on all the snitches.

2: Collect the stacks.

3:  Get your buddies in the door to fill in the empty roles.

4: Use your combined power to snitch on the idiot who made that insane rule, thereby removing the source of foolishness.

5: Continue to profit in a newly snitch-free workspace.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

another one of those videos, showing us that being the "nice guy" is of course...a horrible thing...because there is absolutely nothing a man does that won't be vilified, or met with condescending attitudes or even some form of legal action....because we're all monsters, right?  Yeah ok whatever.

...so... the lesson that may be taken from this is be that asshole!  Be the unreliable, aloof, inconsiderate, self-serving douche that she will inevitably complain about to her "nice guy" BFF that she might settle for once she's about 38 with kids.  She'll complain about why more guys can't be like Nice BFF there, but of course she'll move on to the next in a long line of assholes, until she hits that endpoint of her prime years, when it's time to settle for Mr. Consolation Prize out of pure, thinly-veiled desperation.  Of course, we're supposed to play along and pretend this doesn't fucking happen though...even though they often openly admit the shit....but nah that's allll a figment of our embittered imaginations, right?  Ok sure.

It's such a glorious toxic shit sandwich, this whole man/woman thing.  

sidenote though----Rachel was indeed wayyyy out of Ross' league, man.  Sometimes I wonder if that was part of the joke there.

Edited by MillionX

I made keto pancakes tonight from commercial keto batter and they made me sad. They just weren’t very good. They weren’t bad but they weren’t what I expected. I couldn’t finish them. So maybe I guess they were that bad. Lol

i have recipe for keto pancakes that’s outstanding. I’ll probably just stick to that recipe from now on. 

Edited by iStu X

^yeah I can't stand it either...I don't even like the smell.  Unfortunately for me, my Dad loves it...so I've had to endure being in a Chinese restaurant on occasion when he has visited.

On another note---that didn't take long... just about 10 fucking minutes into the day and there's already something that makes me want to carve a person's face off and cook the shit on the stove.  I'll just say that people are lucky I happen to have some good outlets for my "anger issues".

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Controversial statement: I never really cared for Chinese food.

By Chinese food, I meant the mainstream Americanized stuff like Sesame Chicken etc.

I don't hate it,but compared to Thai,Indian,Viet,and Japanese I never get horny for it.

Me neither. I used.to eat it in college and then I had some epiphany while eating a plate of lo mein that I'd paid $10 for it and it was bad. I went to a really high end Chinese place with an ex once when I lived in Atlanta and that was real good but I don't eat conventional Chinese anymore. 

I love Thai, Indian, Japanese, but I'll never understand what people like about Viet food. That same ex used to always want to get it and I went a few times because they had bubble tea, but after that had to start putting my foot down. 

I like pho in colder times of the year(Nov-Feb) which is funny bc I generally dont eat soup much lol.

I wish I had known about it when I lived in Chicago.

I like the banh mi Viet sandwiches with roast pork. There's a place here that sells them for $3.50 and they're pretty good quality.

I havent tried other Viet food;Im a creature of habit.

Home made pho though, if you have an in with anyone Vietnamese *chef's kiss*.

Americanized Chinese can still hit a kind of comfort food spot for me, but at this stage of my life I'm all about Chinese places that will let me order off the secret menu, or that actually do authentic regional Chinese cooking from the jump.  I'm kind of spoiled in a city that pulls a lot of visiting Chinese professionals.

Also, I'm sure some of you are totally sleeping on Burmese food.  Find it, eat it, love it.

Pho is wonderful. An ex introduced it to me years ago. Now it’s a huge comfort food for me. I really wanna learn how to make it.

There’s a spot that I go to that’s right across the street from the movie theater I go to. I usually go to early afternoon shows so I can swing by the pho place for lunch before I go to the movies. 

The lady that owns the place is really sweet. She’s probably early to mid 40’s if I’m to base her age off her sons age. They actually had to close for a month last year cause she got COVID. But she bounced back and thankfully outside of mandates they never had to close. I’m glad they’re still around. I’ve been to the small handful of other pho shops around here and they’re hands down the best. 

Edited by iStu X

Infrastructure Bill Could Require Auto Manufacturers to Install Breathalyzers in Future Cars

Traffic-1200x676.jpg

Auto manufacturers will be required to install breathalyzers or other anti-drunk driving technology in all new vehicles beginning within the next decade under the terms of the 2,700-page infrastructure bill making its way through Congress.

Spoiler

Vehicles would be required to include systems “passively and accurately detect whether the blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor vehicle is equal to or greater than the blood alcohol concentration” of .08, according to the legislation. The systems would include cameras to monitor head and eye movement, and would be required to “prevent or limit vehicle operation” users failed the test.

The law would direct the secretary of transportation to develop the rule within three years from its date of passage, with the option of extending the deadline for implementation by another three years to develop workable systems. Vehicle manufacturers would have between two to three years to comply from the date of the rule’s enactment, meaning implementation would take effect sometime between 2024 and 2030.

The measure falls in a section title “Advanced Impaired Driving Technology,” and is included in a $78 billion surface transportation portion of the larger $1 trillion infrastructure package. Sens. Sen. Gary Peters (D-MI), Tom Udall (D-NM), and Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) are championing the clause from the Democratic side of the aisle, alongside Republicans including Sen. Rick Scott (FL) and Rep. David McKinley (WV).

Dingell has been pushing for the measure since 2019 successfully won passage for it in the House of Representatives in July as part of a vote on a $715 billion infrastructure bill.

“We have the important technology to prevent drunk driving and save lives,” Dingell said in a statement. “It’s long past time we use it.”

In addition to Dingell’s advocacy, lobbyists have spent big to win the measure. Mothers Against Drunk Driving spent $40,000 to lobbying Congress in 2021 alone, according to data located by the Washington Free Beacon. Intoxalock, a company that manufactures breathalyzers, paid lobbyists another $900,000 between 2017 and 2021.

Blow on the intoxalock. If it detects alcohol, the vehicle won't start up.

44 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

In addition to Dingell’s advocacy, lobbyists have spent big to win the measure. Mothers Against Drunk Driving spent $40,000 to lobbying Congress in 2021 alone, according to data located by the Washington Free Beacon. Intoxalock, a company that manufactures breathalyzers, paid lobbyists another $900,000 between 2017 and 2021.

And there it is.

Really a sobriety test is the best way to determine drunkenness when you consider body mass and the differences between how men and women process alcohol. BAC is just a shortcut for law enforcement. You could have a tiny woman who can only handle 2 drinks pass the test and potentially kill someone vs some big guy who can drink 7-8 beers and be okay fail.

Yea I don't like it based on them talking about putting Cameras in my car. 

Fucking hard no. Ill put cameras in my car if i want Cameras in my car. 

How about this. Prosecute drunk drivers, take away their licenses permenantly, and stop giving them 3 fucking strikes to kill somebody. 

I say this as someone whose little brother has a DUI. He shouldn't be allowed to drive....ever again. 

Cars and driving are a Privilidge not a right. Start treating it like one and treating driving like the actual serious issue it is. Why is the Driving test in my city a 5 minute spin around the block?

Driving is such a fucking joke in America. Forcing breathalizers and cameras on people who have done nothing wrong instead of butt fucking drunk drivers in the ass like they are supposed to. 

Edited by RSG3
14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I love company man. I’ve shared a bunch of his videos on this site and back on REDACTED. I stumbled upon his channel back in 2019 when I got really sick and was hospitalized for a month. Binging his channel helped pass the time plus I learned a lot of super cool shit. 

Edited by iStu X
29 minutes ago, MillionX said:

niiiice... Laci is live right now....

yeah I'd eat that....mmm look at all that....yesss yes...goddamn seriously look at all that boob-meat

Happy If You Say So GIF

she is really one of the cutest nerdy girls out there online.

What's crazy is the subjects Laci talks about now compared to just 5 years ago. When she was "The" Laci Green she never would have talked about the worry of encouraging people to be fragile and that being a negative. 

The Feminists turned on her so fucking hard she completely 180'd into a rational person lmao. 

And I agree I always thought she was cute. I love girls with that sort of chipmunk face and pudgy body type. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

And there it is.

Not that it's a great thing, but $40,000 is tiny in the world of congressional lobbying.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

BAC is just a shortcut for law enforcement. You could have a tiny woman who can only handle 2 drinks pass the test and potentially kill someone vs some big guy who can drink 7-8 beers and be okay fail.

Despite the cited headline, a breathalyzer is only one possibility cited in the legislation.  Any method to detect "impairment" (to be finalized by the secretary of transportation) would fulfill the text:

[quote]

ADVANCED DRUNK DRIVING PREVENTION TECHNOLOGY.—the term “advanced drunk driving prevention technology” means—

(A) (i) a passive system that monitors a driver’s performance to identify whether that driver may be impaired;

(ii) a system that can passively and accurately detect whether the blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor vehicle is equal to or greater than .08 blood alcohol content; or

(iii) a similar system that detects impairment of a driver, including a combination of systems described in paragraphs (A) and (B);

[/quote]

6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Infrastructure Bill Could Require Auto Manufacturers to Install Breathalyzers in Future Cars

Traffic-1200x676.jpg

Auto manufacturers will be required to install breathalyzers or other anti-drunk driving technology in all new vehicles beginning within the next decade under the terms of the 2,700-page infrastructure bill making its way through Congress.

Reveal hidden contents

Vehicles would be required to include systems “passively and accurately detect whether the blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor vehicle is equal to or greater than the blood alcohol concentration” of .08, according to the legislation. The systems would include cameras to monitor head and eye movement, and would be required to “prevent or limit vehicle operation” users failed the test.

The law would direct the secretary of transportation to develop the rule within three years from its date of passage, with the option of extending the deadline for implementation by another three years to develop workable systems. Vehicle manufacturers would have between two to three years to comply from the date of the rule’s enactment, meaning implementation would take effect sometime between 2024 and 2030.

The measure falls in a section title “Advanced Impaired Driving Technology,” and is included in a $78 billion surface transportation portion of the larger $1 trillion infrastructure package. Sens. Sen. Gary Peters (D-MI), Tom Udall (D-NM), and Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) are championing the clause from the Democratic side of the aisle, alongside Republicans including Sen. Rick Scott (FL) and Rep. David McKinley (WV).

Dingell has been pushing for the measure since 2019 successfully won passage for it in the House of Representatives in July as part of a vote on a $715 billion infrastructure bill.

“We have the important technology to prevent drunk driving and save lives,” Dingell said in a statement. “It’s long past time we use it.”

Blow on the intoxalock. If it detects alcohol, the vehicle won't start up.

I bet this will backfire when it mostly affects white dudes and not minorities, like these people trying to push the bill think will happen. "But our numbers show the vast majority of people getting pulled over for intoxication are minorities! How did this happen?!?!?"

2 hours ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

Not that it's a great thing, but $40,000 is tiny in the world of congressional lobbying.

Despite the cited headline, a breathalyzer is only one possibility cited in the legislation.  Any method to detect "impairment" (to be finalized by the secretary of transportation) would fulfill the text:

[quote]

ADVANCED DRUNK DRIVING PREVENTION TECHNOLOGY.—the term “advanced drunk driving prevention technology” means—

(A) (i) a passive system that monitors a driver’s performance to identify whether that driver may be impaired;

(ii) a system that can passively and accurately detect whether the blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor vehicle is equal to or greater than .08 blood alcohol content; or

(iii) a similar system that detects impairment of a driver, including a combination of systems described in paragraphs (A) and (B);

[/quote]

The company that makes the breathalyzers spent just shy of a million. $40k is $40k, it's still a bribe.