Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Being critical of something is not hating. If someone is critiquing America.. It's because they believe they can do better. Alot of these athletes could go to any other country and rep them but they choose America because they love America. 

If I say something is racist or has racist foundations it doesn't mean I hate America. It means I recognize there is a problem... So let's fix it. 

criticising something isn't bad, but if it is all you do then people will get annoyed, then angry, and then........well, worse.

Saying something is racist isn't a problem.  When you start seeing racism in everything, you might have problem.  

..............It's strange how posting an article about a woman winning a medal somehow went all the way over to racism.  

Edited by Deadly_Raver
11 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

It's strange how posting an article about a woman winning a medal somehow went all the way over to racism.  

It is because race was the vantage point that it was taken from. It's not like she's the only patriotic athlete representing the US in the Olympics. 

Yes, she is the first Black woman to win the Gold in wrestling. However, framing it as if she is "finally an Olympian who's proud of America" is a bogus claim. 

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Yet lists athletes who "love" America with medals and the quotes to support it. That sort of negates the "Finally. an Olympic athlete that loves America" thing, especially when a few of them got those medals prior to her winning.

d8a.gif

EDIT - I thought it would sync up 🤣

In the entire time I've been on Earth I may have seen one or two sync after THOUSANDS of attempts.  Thousands of Openings, closings, and re-openings.  You most likely will not see that happen with gifs that aren't copies of each other.  Even then it only ever happened with two identical gifs.  

That aside, your other point of there being more American Athletes who actually are showing love for America.............

A small number know this is the only time when anyone is going to pay attention to them and choose to use that opportunity to tear their country down. With their antics, they steal the spotlight from the vast majority of U.S. Olympians who love the United States and wear the stars and stripes with pride. We should spend more time celebrating these patriots.

.........This is the problem.  THIS is why so many are starting to feel like it is nothing but a bunch of Americans hating on America.  If you get five people winning a medal and acting decent, the cameras go to the one person who is turning their back to the flag, kneeling, talking about burning a flag on the stage, or...........and I kid you not, twerking.  If the fall in ratings for the Olympics is any indication, people aren't trying to watch that.  Me?  I was only gonna catch the replays anyway, but there are people who are far more invested in it than I am and I bet that a lot of them aren't watching either.  Right now nobody is asking why people aren't watching.  I know what I think, but that is merely my thoughts and not fact, at least I don't have anything to support it yet.  

You can love your country but hate what’s happening to it and the direction it’s going in. You can respect the military but not like how it’s being used by high ranking officials and politicians.

Patriotism isn’t a black and white thing. To think that is absolutely fucking stupid IMO.

It’s why I’ve always hated the “love or leave it!” Bullshit you hear a lot. Naw, I love my country a great deal. It’s  why I wanna stay and do what I can to make it better for not only myself but for people I know and strangers I’ll never meet. IMO that’s what it means to love your country. 

Edited by iStu X

Interesting how many comments I see that agree the old dude is a monster... so I'm wondering if they'd feel the same way if the teen intruders were both male... or perhaps if both were Black males?

Fuck it, man... nope... I have no sympathy for anything that happens to a worthless piece of shit that breaks into a person's home.  They'd still be alive today and trying to enjoy life like other law-abiding citizens if they weren't busy trying to break into some old guy's house.  Fuck 'em.  People like that deserve whatever crazy shit the homeowner has in store for them.  Keep in mind that from the perspective of a person that's just chillin' at home---they have no idea if the intruders are armed or exactly what their intention is....whether it goes beyond just theft or what...and imagine if you happen to have a family to protect as well.  Nah fuck that...they get to die asap.

I'd agree he should've called 911 asap though...it does make things a bit questionable that he waited on that for some reason.

Edited by MillionX

ALERT; MST3k going live in a minute!

damnnnn but it's right as Fresh & Fit is about to go live and they have Daquan Wiltshire as a guest tonight...and I just remembered this is about when Jody's Corner is about to go live....  damn it, youtube why must you be so good!! 😩

ha, random mst3k shit--- I'll always be thankful they introduced me to Manos: The Hands of Fate.  My Dad couldn't stop laughing when I finally showed him Manos one day a few years ago... I also have the "Torgo walking" theme still on my phone... I used it as an alert noise for a while.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

.......This is the problem.  THIS is why so many are starting to feel like it is nothing but a bunch of Americans hating on America.  If you get five people winning a medal and acting decent, the cameras go to the one person who is turning their back to the flag, kneeling, talking about burning a flag on the stage, or...........and I kid you not, twerking.  If the fall in ratings for the Olympics is any indication, people aren't trying to watch that.  Me?  I was only gonna catch the replays anyway, but there are people who are far more invested in it than I am and I bet that a lot of them aren't watching either.  Right now nobody is asking why people aren't watching.  I know what I think, but that is merely my thoughts and not fact, at least I don't have anything to support it yet.  

Maybe we should do something worth fucking praising then. 

I love my country but we've been on some real fucking dumb shit the last 20 to 40 years depending on the subject. Some of the highest police Brutality in the world, some of the largest homeless numbers in the world, some of the worst education results in the world, the highest incarceration rate, and the highest rate pf abandoning our Veterans to the atreets after they serve. 

I love my.country and my people but there really isn't a whole lot to.praise about is recently.

Maybe instead of getting all up in your feeling that your national pride cock isn't being sucked off, you should probably listen to what they are actually saying because America is a fucking Kardiashian at this point. All style, 0 substance, and no fucked to give for anyone, not even it's own family. 

Stop being embarrassed people are telling the truth about how pathetic we have become and use it as a motivator to become what you thought we where. 

People who write articles like those are fucking embarrassing. More upset someone used their platform they earned through their hard work to talk about a real issue then they are upset that most of what those people say about our country is fucking true. Fucked up priorities. 

Edited by RSG3

if you are an Ebay seller or similar, take notice

USPS Price Increases Coming on August 29th

Stock up on stamps now! Just a heads up that on August 29th, the USPS will be increasing the prices on First-Class Forever Mail Stamps from $.55 to $.58 per stamp! That comes out to be an extra $.60 per book of stamps. Plus, the price of select USPS mailing services are also on the rise. Priority Mail costs will increase 6.9%. Go here for more information.

ah, sentencing for that cop-killer Steve Wiggins is today apparently... haha as always I can't help but wonder--- if this was "Stephanie" Wiggins... would there really be a chance of a death penalty?  I'd bet large amounts of money against it, easy 😆  I doubt even a life sentence would be on the table if it was a woman.  Our society would start right away with excuses to explain away why she "was driven to the point of" murdering a cop since, y'know.... it is impossible for a woman to simply be an evil person, of course.  I'll never get tired of taking the cheap shot at that because of how absurd the idea is.... this idea of always doing the most outrageous mental gymnastics to defend women from any kind of hard consequences in life, no matter the situation.  It will forever be the reason why they can literally get away with anything. 

We'll see even further proof of this if there ever comes a day when a woman makes an attempt on the life of a sitting President.  If that happens, get ready to laugh at the results of how that plays out in court....especially if she manages to be successful.

Edited by MillionX

...haha, and because the gender bias in our society is always fun to ramble on about... that other story I posted earlier... about the old dude that is apparently to serve LIFE in prison for killing some teens that broke into his house (seriously; that is goddamn ridiculous, imo)... now imagine if instead of an old man, this was an old lady who killed 2 teen would-be burglars.  I doubt the old woman would even have been brought up on charges, actually.  The old guy in that story unfortunately happens to be an old *man* in modern-day america, and 1 of the teen "victims" happens to be a female (and non-black) which made it even worse on him, imo. (*and of course the media does their usual thing of posting typical "nice average american kid" pictures of those 2 little shits to make him look like the real monster of the story.)

It's an interesting thing, actually---I'd say that the gender bias in our society is such a deeply rooted thing that a lot of people are unaware of it....it's like a subconscious sort of "issue" at play there....like a basic "programming script" of human nature itself.  Humans tend to see women as something that must always be protected at all cost, and that leads so many people to go sooo far out of their way to try and explain away any kind of bad/evil behavior, and let them off with little to no consequence for their latest crazy actions....even for the big-time serious shit like murder and rape.  This in turn leads new generations of women to just get progressively worse, as it becomes a proven thing that they can almost always get away with something.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

ah, sentencing for that cop-killer Steve Wiggins is today apparently... haha as always I can't help but wonder--- if this was "Stephanie" Wiggins... would there really be a chance of a death penalty?  I'd bet large amounts of money against it, easy 😆  I doubt even a life sentence would be on the table if it was a woman.  Our society would start right away with excuses to explain away why she "was driven to the point of" murdering a cop since, y'know.... it is impossible for a woman to simply be an evil person, of course.  I'll never get tired of taking the cheap shot at that because of how absurd the idea is.... this idea of always doing the most outrageous mental gymnastics to defend women from any kind of hard consequences in life, no matter the situation.  It will forever be the reason why they can literally get away with anything. 

We'll see even further proof of this if there ever comes a day when a woman makes an attempt on the life of a sitting President.  If that happens, get ready to laugh at the results of how that plays out in court....especially if she manages to be successful.

It's a cop killer. Woman or man you're lucky they made it to trial. Police do not give a fuck when it comes to cop killers. 

Yeah, that in itself is yet another odd thing to think about... how is this guy even still alive in the first place? 😆  That might be a case of him being lucky to not be a Black guy, I suppose.  Even outside of "race card" shenanigans... he's lucky to be alive to face trial anyway.

Local news link for reference:

https://www.wsmv.com/news/dickson_county/steven-wiggins-found-guilty-on-all-counts-in-murder-of-dickson-county-deputy/article_76d649b0-f62f-11eb-ba62-839c1d062bc4.html

Edited by MillionX

Apple to Begin Scanning All iPhones for Images of Child Sexual Abuse

apple-ceo-tim-cook-argues-curbs-download

Tech giant Apple recently announced a new feature that will allow it to scan iPhone and iPad photos to detect if they contain sexually explicit imagery involving children, which Apple will report to authorities. However, many privacy experts are worried about the implications of Apple snooping on user content. One expert points out that Apple’s move is well-intentioned, but they should be thinking about one important question: “What will China want them to block?”

Forbes reports that this week Apple announced a new addition to its upcoming iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 firmware for iPhones and iPads. The new feature will allow Apple to scan user photos stored in Apple’s iCloud service and determine if they contain sexually explicit activities involving children.

In a statement on its website, Apple said: “This will enable Apple to report these instances to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).” NCMEC works as a reporting center for child sexual abuse material (CSAM) and collaborates with multiple law enforcement agencies in the U.S.

Apple claims that the way it detects CSAM is “designed with user privacy in mind,” and it is not directly accessing iCloud users’ photos, but rather utilizing a device-local, hash-based lookup and matching system to cross-reference the hashes of user photos with the hashes of known CSAM. If there is a match between a user’s photos and the CSAM database, Apple manually reviews the issue and will then disable the user’s account before sending a report to NCMEC.

Alec Muffett, a noted encryption expert and former Facebook security staffer, also expressed his worries over the system, telling Forbes: “How such a feature might be repurposed in an illiberal state is fairly easy to visualize. Apple is performing proactive surveillance on client-purchased devices in order to defend their own interests but in the name of child protection. What will China want them to block?”

23 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, that in itself is yet another odd thing to think about... how is this guy even still alive in the first place? 😆  That might be a case of him being lucky to not be a Black guy, I suppose.  Even outside of "race card" shenanigans... he's lucky to be alive to face trial anyway.

Local news link for reference:

https://www.wsmv.com/news/dickson_county/steven-wiggins-found-guilty-on-all-counts-in-murder-of-dickson-county-deputy/article_76d649b0-f62f-11eb-ba62-839c1d062bc4.html

I guess in the age of social media and body cams no way to accidentally off him. But I gurentee he wasn't brought in without gettin fucked up

ohoooo this guy put another TVD vid together...  "Daddynegan"'s "trailers" for these shows are consistently awesome...he did 1 all about Damon....

*note---imagine Ian Somerhalder with grey/white hair and the red trenchcoat, folks....at least back then since he's getting old now; Hollywood casting directors.... this was your live-action "Dante from DMC" top pick right here....but as he gets noticeably older, they probably missed a good opportunity to make something great.

8 hours ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

The people who meet your definition of oppressed never have the opportunity to be on that stage.

1:  My definition of oppression is irrelevant.  The truth is what counts.

2:  If you're going to talk about the problems, How you say it is as important as what you're saying, if not moreso.  If you want to have a protest, please do.  March as far as you want, say what you will, get the local news crews to film it, etc.  Your message will get out there.

When you burn down buildings and destroy people's property and/or ruin whatever it is that they are watching to hopefully get away from reality for a little while, you're going to make people annoyed, then angry, then hateful to both you and whatever it is you're protesting for.  In short, they're doing it wrong and it will all but certainly backfire.

1 hour ago, Saikyotic said:

Brad Allen (stuntman, stunt director, Jackie Chan's protege) passed away today. Some of Jackie's best fights onscreen were with him. RIP. Cause of death unknown on news sites right now.  Maxx, any word in the martial arts community about it?

I personally haven't looked hard. I just saw my stunt friends posting respects. 

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

An easily cracked screen and the  feeling of a tumbleweed rolling through their wallet?

This actually brings up another point.  I've had several phones that, while cheaper in price than an iPhone, they were much better physically.  I've dropped, slid, dropped my previous phone in a drink more than once (The current one has been spared that fate.............so far.) and they continued to work.  I have rarely seen an iPhone in public without a cracked screen.

..............Also:  Why are bum ass mutha fuckas who are late on their damn rent and bills walking around with phones that cost as much as computers?  A basic rule of mine is this:  If it'll put you in debt, you don't need it yet.   Always put need over greed.  Highest priority items must be paid first.  If you have enough left for the rest after that, then by all means have fun.  If you're like the majority of us, you're going to have to learn to cut corners to make ends meet.  An easily broken overpriced piece of plastic like the iPhone is a corner that should be cut.  I'm just sayin.

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

How noble of them to think of the children.  Of course, it won't be used to scan for anything else.  Yet.

I've heard it mentioned that the real reason Apple implemented this specific method of scanning for kp is that it takes away the Gov't's legal argument that they need Apple to give them a full blown backdoor into everyone's iCloud to stop cp.

I avoid Apple products in my personal life anyway, so it's all nbd to me.  But this might actually be an example of Apple taking the least bad option in an all bad situation.

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

How noble of them to think of the children.  Of course, it won't be used to scan for anything else.  Yet.

...............anybody who still buys their products will get what they deserve.  

The thing is, as bad as Google is with this kind of stuff, it's a lot easier to make an Android privacy friendly than an iPhone. And because it's harder to know what's going on under the hood of an iDevice without jailbreaking it (and those are becoming more rare as iOS gets more "secure")  I don't necessarily trust Apple's word when it comes to things like this. 

5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I've heard it mentioned that the real reason Apple implemented this specific method of scanning for kp is that it takes away the Gov't's legal argument that they need Apple to give them a full blown backdoor into everyone's iCloud to stop cp.

I avoid Apple products in my personal life anyway, so it's all nbd to me.  But this might actually be an example of Apple taking the least bad option in an all bad situation.

Government intervention is what makes them think they need to do stuff like this in the first place. Rather than making the FBI do real work, they make companies implement ways for them to spy on us so they don't have to. 

Congress hauling Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey up to capitol hill is why social media sites feel like they need to ban people, I don't think they'd be banning as many people as they are if it weren't for them being called on the carpet like they were and asked dumb questions by a bunch of old ass people who don't get it. 

Edited by DoctaMario
18 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

So does that mean, hypothetically, if my friend has an iPhone but I don't, and I send him a fucked up meme about a retard or a woman or some shit, will Apple be able to trace the source back to me?? 👀 

Apparently they used a machine to find what they're looking for, if they find something, they send it to a human to check it out. If it fits the bill, then they call the cops. For now your retard memes are safe but who knows for how much longer 🤔