Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

just wait 'til the virus inevitably mutates to a variant that has a seriously high mortality rate.  If/when that happens... it is guaranteed Game Over for this sorry ass embarrassment of a "dominant" species.

Simple problem but people lack the foresight to be mildly inconvenienced to get things back to normal. We're 18 months in with a vaccine that is slowly starting to show weakness with this current variant. I was on a board call this evening and four people stated that they know people who got COVID (Delta) and were vaccinated. For them it was nothing more than a cold, but still. 

We're gonna look back at this and remember this is in part because Karen couldn't get a damn haircut. 

The Governor back in SC is playing games. We're about to witness social darwinism. 

Also, people talk about the survival rate but forget that hospitalizations cost. I've mentioned before that I had a family member that was hospitalized for the swine flu (H1N1) back in 09. Six weeks in the hospital (three in ICU with two in critical) gave the family a medical bill around $256K. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

OJ Simpson is the ultimate troll, he say he don't feel safe in LA knowing the man who killed Nicole is still out there. The next time them white folk can legally lock his ass up again, he ain't getting back out😂

Lmfao I can't even be mad at his troll game. This nigga gamed the system and is just Harlem shaking at us all. 

It would be nice if the flat-earthers popped up in the media/news cycle again for some reason... it's a fun time having that particular faction of conspiracy theorists around...always fascinating and funny all at the same time, those people.

Wouldn't it be some wild shit if it turned out the moon-landing conspiracy people were right all this time, and something finally got exposed regarding it being a fake/production?  haha, my grandfather and one of his old friends would argue about that shit all the time from what I hear, though they remained cool with each other. (grandad's friend was the conspiracy guy who didn't believe it was real)

The theory I want to be a real thing---> ancient alien intervention (either them genetically engineering us or just helping fast-track our evolution in other ways)... that would make the origin story of our species WAY more interesting than it currently is, imo.  It also makes perfect sense to me... if ancient people look up and see strange crafts appear out of nowhere, land and then "star people" emerge from said craft... naturally that would become the source for all kinds of myths and stories of supposedly divine beings visiting us, etc... since from their perspective, it's a "magical", divine thing happening.

So on another note---are they apparently making Tim Drake bisexual?! 

..sidenote---I haven't actually bought any comic book in several years... I think the last one was either He-Man, Transformers and Thundercats back in the early 2000s when that 80s nostalgia was super-hot in comics at the time.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

So on another note---are they apparently making Tim Drake bisexual?! 

This isn’t a random thing thrown out of right field like when Brian Michael Bendis made Ice Man gay. Tim has been hinted at being bisexual for years and years. Urban Legends just confirms he’s is. 

Edited by iStu X
Correction
7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

This isn’t a random thing thrown out of right field like when Brian Michael Bendis made Ice Man gay. Nightwing has been hinted at being bisexual for years and years. Urban Legends just confirms he’s is. 

I didn't know Dick Grayson was bi too, that man just a greedy male whore. He get all the pussy and now the dick too 😂

Mysterious characters

they could update the list at this point; this video was 2015... my favorite that comes to mind right away was "Cigarette Smoking Man" from X-Files.  That guy was involved with every bit of secret "shenanigans" going on with the CIA, NSA and whatever else the general public isn't supposed to know about.

It's much more interesting when they leave this kind of character a mystery....I'd say it's always better to leave the audience with various questions about who ____ is and what their motivations are, why are they here and interacting with the main characters in this way, etc. etc.

Has anyone ever encountered a person that has no shame in *frequently* asking/begging for "the hookup" with various things?  It's just an odd thing to me that anyone would have no apparent shame about that shit... especially a dude, since we're notorious for being too proud to ask for something (*I'd feel incredibly awkward just outright asking someone for a thing; this is like what a 9 year old does, and even then their target is Mom and/or Dad or grandparents, and it's usually something for birthday or Christmas)....sometimes to the extent of our own detriment, actually. 

With this person I'm thinking of, it's definitely a side effect of him still being so much like a little kid in terms of his general mindset in life... heh, that's probably amusing coming from someone like me that is forever laughing at any and all toilet humor, I know.... but seriously... this guy has no problem just outright asking "hey dude...you think you could hook me up with this game?"  I was thinking just the other day about whether or not that would change if he happened to win the lottery one day... and oddly enough, I doubt he'd change much even after suddenly coming into a lot of money like that.  Yeah, the other part of that is the fact that he's broke... and is likely doomed to be poor for the rest of his life.....which is another major issue, obviously.  You'd think a genuine desire to improve one's financial situation would take top priority in life instead of trying to keep up with the latest games of interest at the moment.  A lot of people tend to settle at some point in terms of whatever job/career they get into... but it's strange to me when one settles for some extremely low-level shit where you wonder how in the hell they even get by or even stay relatively sane.

Edited by MillionX

Dennis Schroeder gotta be the biggest goof in all of sports right now. Lakers were gonna pay him 85 million for four years when he played like he was only worth a 2pc from Church's Chicken this past year, but he turned it down thinking he was worth more. Now, he only got offered a 1 year deal for under $5 million with the Celtics 

5 isn't something to sneeze at but DUDE, you could've been set for life and potentially won a ring. Completely fumbled the bag. He better play the best ball he's ever played if he wants to see big money again 🤦🏾‍♂️ 😂

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Dennis Schroeder gotta be the biggest goof in all of sports right now. Lakers were gonna pay him 85 million for four years when he played like he was only worth a 2pc from Church's Chicken this past year, but he turned it down thinking he was worth more. Now, he only got offered a 1 year deal for under $5 million with the Celtics 

5 isn't something to sneeze at but DUDE, you could've been set for life and potentially won a ring. Completely fumbled the bag. He better play the best ball he's ever played if he wants to see big money again 🤦🏾‍♂️ 😂

I don't follow basketball, but why were they going to offer him that much if he was playing bad?

11 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I don't follow basketball, but why were they going to offer him that much if he was playing bad?

He was good at a point, then just got worse as the playoffs went on. For the Lakers to offer that much they must've had faith he'd shake back. Just theories on my part

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Why did people from the past (and i am sure even today many do) loved to ingest, insert, attribute healing properties to deadly shit?

Well at first it's because people have no idea, and then in between it's because they refuse to believe or convince themselves they don't give a shit for cultural reasons.  See smoking or refusing to mask up in a pandemic.

Shit man, red meat does some nasty shit to you that even I am continuing to pretend I don't know about.