Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

My wife put on this Thomas the Tank Engine series for the boy child and I'm 9/10 sure it's George Carlin of all people doing the voiceover for it lol! 

We got internet hooked up at the house yesterday but tbh I kinda liked not having it anywhere except my phone. Made things a touch less convenient in some ways but I think there's something to be said for not having it in your home. 

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Well at first it's because people have no idea, and then in between it's because they refuse to believe or convince themselves they don't give a shit for cultural reasons.  See smoking or refusing to mask up in a pandemic.

Shit man, red meat does some nasty shit to you that even I am continuing to pretend I don't know about.

Red meat is part of the reason why humanity evolved and has existed as long as it has. I think the problem is, we're living so long now that we're seeing all sorts of problems with things that worked great when people didn't have such long lifespans (Social security is another one.) 

27 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

My wife put on this Thomas the Tank Engine series for the boy child and I'm 9/10 sure it's George Carlin of all people doing the voiceover for it lol! 

Those old Thomas the Tank Engines are the best.  Sir Topham Hatt took no fucking prisoners, and would encase an engine inside a brick wall if it stepped out of line.  Straight up Edgar Allen Poe shit.

IIRC, at one point a bus gets cheeky with him, so he guts it and turns it into a chicken coop.

28 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Red meat is part of the reason why humanity evolved and has existed as long as it has. I think the problem is, we're living so long now that we're seeing all sorts of problems with things that worked great when people didn't have such long lifespans (Social security is another one.) 

You can tweak numbers and get Social Security to work for pretty much any lifespan.  Hell, arguably its still working fine right now seeing how it was never meant to be anybody's only means of supporting themselves.

Red meat is like... well, there's pretty much no reason we literally need it now, except that it tastes fucking great and switching away from it is inconvenient.  I don't think in the way that living too long is the problem with red meat, I tend to think more along the lines of there's no guarantee that I'll live too long, so I might as well enjoy a cheese burger.  But on a societal level, that might not be the most productive way to look at it, lol.

43 minutes ago, Reticently said:

You can tweak numbers and get Social Security to work for pretty much any lifespan.  Hell, arguably its still working fine right now seeing how it was never meant to be anybody's only means of supporting themselves.

Red meat is like... well, there's pretty much no reason we literally need it now, except that it tastes fucking great and switching away from it is inconvenient.  I don't think in the way that living too long is the problem with red meat, I tend to think more along the lines of there's no guarantee that I'll live too long, so I might as well enjoy a cheese burger.  But on a societal level, that might not be the most productive way to look at it, lol.

I agree to an extent. I thin there are a lot of people getting SS that there should be a separate fund set up for their situations, and there are aot of idiot politicians who think it's a slush fund. But people living longer means people collect it for longer periods of time, and more people are living to collect it where they might have died in their 50s or 60s decades ago. 

RE red meat, it's a pleasure thing, but it remains a great source of protein. You can make a similar argument about beer being pointless now that we have the drinking water situation (in the 1st world anyway) largely solved. But it's enjoyable to drink and there are dopamine benefits too. 

Edited by DoctaMario

ha, my original exposure to TMNT was indeed the 1989 cartoon so yeah... when I think of April, that fine redhead in the funny-looking yellow outfit is what comes to mind as the "default" look... I was actually more attracted to Irma though; she got bonus points for sporting the "nerdy girl" look...looks like her idea of a thrilling weekend is reading a boring novel no one else would care about, or trying to get a group together for a table-top rpg thing....we need more girls like that in the world.

hmm....maybe Idris would get cast as Lion-O in a future live-action Thundercats then, since that's another redhead there... 🤔

Cowboy Bebop live-action--- a girl that looks like Zendaya would be Ein, naturally....also gotta make sure we re-write things so Spike and Vicious actually had a romantic affair back in the day, and their break-up is part of the reason they're at odds now, of course.

edit---also----Renji from Bleach.  If that gets an unfortunately American-made  live action version...you know Renji won't be safe either.  They might want to get Will Smith to play him, I bet.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Wait is that about how they used radium as a weight loss solution?

nope.  Without giving away too much, they used to paint the dials on watches and clocks with a glow-in-the-dark substance called Radium.  Now, the little bit that was on the hands of a clock or a watch wasn't a big deal.  Unfortunately, the ladies who would become known as the Radium girls found a few more ways to use it.  Going further than that would spoiler it, but If the vid above is like the one I saw before then it is worth a listen.

EDIT:  I don't think it'll be too much of a spoiler to answer your question:  No.  This wasn't used as a weight loss solution, or at least not the one(s) that I have heard of.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

^yeah, it was Nickelodeon, if I recall... I only watched 1 or 2 episodes of it...at this point I forgot what my "issues" with that show was...there was some odd decisions concerning some characters, I think...some things that just didn't sit right with me.  Splinter was one... I think they made him fat for some reason.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I recommend you all read this.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2018/02/was-april-oneil-originally-black-in.html

The only definitive time April was black was the 2018 Rise of the TMNT cartoon.

Baxter stockman was also black in comics. They changed him for the cartoon. Tmnt was a cool. Comic because it didn't try to white wash nyc. It's diverse as fuck and the comic reflected that.. Which is wild from two white guys from nh

y'know another funny miscast, imo---- Will Smith as Venus and Serena Williams' dad.  Will looks nothing like that dude, man 🤣  It would appear that Hollywood is running low on new black people at the moment if we're going to use Will as that guy, and Zoe Saldana as Nina Fuckin Simone. (*and if I recall, Zoe identifies more with her spanish-speaking side..?  eh, not really the point there but c'mon... I laughed for a long time when I first saw Zoe as Nina Simone.  They had to actually darken her skin and put a fake nose piece to make her look more like Nina.)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/entertainment/zoe-saldana-nina-simone-apology-scli-intl/index.html

A little reminder of what Richard Williams looks like, folks: https://www.bing.com/search?q=richard+williams&FORM=HDRSC1 

Keep giving me this gold to laugh about, Hollywood casting directors... I can't get enough of that shit.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, MillionX said:

y'know another funny miscast, imo---- Will Smith as Venus and Serena Williams' dad.  Will looks nothing like that dude, man 🤣  It would appear that Hollywood is running low on new black people at the moment if we're going to use Will as that guy, and Zoe Saldana as Nina Fuckin Simone. (*and if I recall, Zoe identifies more with her spanish-speaking side..?  eh, not really the point there but c'mon... I laughed for a long time when I first saw Zoe as Nina Simone.  They had to actually darken her skin and put a fake nose piece to make her look more like Nina.)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/entertainment/zoe-saldana-nina-simone-apology-scli-intl/index.html

A little reminder of what Richard Williams looks like, folks: https://www.bing.com/search?q=richard+williams&FORM=HDRSC1 

Keep giving me this gold to laugh about, Hollywood casting directors... I can't get enough of that shit.

I'm still waiting to see when is Will gonna finally pull the divorce trigger.  For some reason I think it'll be him, but she might do it first.  Ain't no way that is still a happy family after he had to sit there and listen to her going on about an,"Entanglement" with a guy who is barely old enough to be his son.  That bomb is ticking down and we're just waiting to see when it blows up.

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Baxter stockman was also black in comics. They changed him for the cartoon. Tmnt was a cool. Comic because it didn't try to white wash nyc. It's diverse as fuck and the comic reflected that.. Which is wild from two white guys from nh

I remember reading the reason they changed Stockman is because they didn't want the only black character on the show to be a villain. They could have easily fixed that by making any member of April's news crew black. Can't give them that pass.

24 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I'm still waiting to see when is Will gonna finally pull the divorce trigger.  For some reason I think it'll be him, but she might do it first.  Ain't no way that is still a happy family after he had to sit there and listen to her going on about an,"Entanglement" with a guy who is barely old enough to be his son.  That bomb is ticking down and we're just waiting to see when it blows up.

I forgot the status actually and had to look it up... sure enough those 2 are actually still married!  haha woooo those were good times when THAT dirt got served up in the media for everyone to laugh at.  I bet there's some part of Will that would like to beat that dude's ass not only for bagging his wife but then having the audacity to expose the whole situation so the world now knows what's going on there.   

y'know, I definitely wouldn't risk that against any husband but especially not a wealthy dude like that... you never know what their reaction to such a thing would be...and rich people more than likely have options to make people they don't like "disappear"....I'd rather not learn that lesson the hard way of what it's like to become a "missing person".

24 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I remember reading the reason they changed Stockman is because they didn't want the only black character on the show to be a villain. They could have easily fixed that by making any member of April's news crew black. Can't give them that pass.

Nah I've only read it was a network decision and tmnt wanted to make him black but dumb racist politics 

19 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Outside of the toyline, nothing good came out of that series. 

231865276_907832216479625_57328632149000

I kept waiting for Optimus to stop doing his Emil Castagnier impression....... Not sure who that was, but it wasn't Optimus. Starscream was harder than him. Starscream....dafuq fam 😡 Should of left his ass on Cyberton and took Elita One with them.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I kept waiting for Optimus to stop doing his Emil Castagnier impression....... Not sure who that was, but it wasn't Optimus.

I saw part 1 (Siege) and lost interest entirely. The show didn't really bring in new fans, it just kept the old ones with the standard tropes. The voice acting/direction  was abhorrent. 

Why . . . does everyone . . . talk. . . like . . . they're done . . . running . . .a  countryyyyy  mile. 

As a side, I don't need Peter Cullen to do Prime's voice. David Kaye (Beast Wars Megatron) was the voice of Optimus Prime in Transformers Animated. Trying to sound just like Cullen makes it glaringly apparent that he is the one true Prime. I will give credit though. Jason Marnocha is a really good replacement for Welker's Megatron. I don't count him as a good thing for the show since he was first shown in Prime Wars. That show was COMPLETE ASS, but his voicework for Megatron was great. 

I honestly hope WFC doesn't tarnish his chances of staying in the role. 

Finally saw the origin of that Authur meme in a clip. He socked DW in the arm cuz she broke his plane then acted like it was his fault for not designing it right 

I'm not saying he was right for punching his sister for breaking the plane he specifically told her not to touch, but as a big brother who's little sister got away with almost literal murder, I understand 😂

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Finally saw the origin of that Authur meme in a clip. He socked DW in the arm cuz she broke his plane then acted like it was his fault for not designing it right 

I'm not saying he was right for punching his sister for breaking the plane he specifically told her not to touch, but as a big brother who's little sister got away with almost literal murder, I understand 😂

that's pretty surprising... they showed a male character apparently hitting a female sibling and ultimately getting a "win" over her?!?  This must have been from a long time ago, I guess? 😆  The rule in tv and movies for quite some time now has been that female characters must always be shown as vastly superior to the male characters (in every way), and any kind of conflict between them always must be resolved with the woman coming out on top in one way or another.

It's just something I've come to expect and laugh about at this point....sometimes it's just funny in how pathetic and obvious it is, imo.

I've never watched that show though but the memes were always great.

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Lmao. I've never seen anything pushed as hard as the vaccine, they offering free meat for a year. Goddamn 🤣

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/georgia-plant-offers-covid-19-vaccines-chance-win-free-meat-year/XG6WZPIF35APNHBEGKPBJUWB4U/

They have these commercials they're playing here that look like laxative commercials with people running and jumping and smiling "After a year of 'no,' imagine how good.it will feel to say 'Yes!'" 😆

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

3fff95b1-3e4c-4152-900e-aeac247fa415.png

Makes me wonder. Does the average woman sexualize us in the same manner we sexualize them in our heads? Like they actually like seeing a dude from the back like that among other things?

Also this is brutal but he did it to himself

"Can we have this conversation another time?" Bruh you started the conversation when you put her on the spot trying to claim her lol.

Edited by BB_Hoody
2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Yes.

Most women are taught to be "ladylike" and not display that side of them openly though.

Except for Cardi B.

I get that but I mean in the specific way we guys like to think about women and find attractive. Like a woman likes seeing a well built man naked getting his eagle on? News to me if so.