Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 minutes ago, Serpent said:

There's something to be said for having a magnum down below.

Real talk, when I saw the Megatron toy. I refused to ask my mom to buy it. Any toy that didn't look like the cartoon was not something I wanted. Don't get me started on Ironhide. Talk about disappointing 😔

DSC02184-10225-1300-1300-90-wm-left_top-

Dafuq is that.....

Edited by Darc_Requiem
56 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Real talk, when I saw the Megatron toy. I refused to ask my mom to buy it. Any toy that didn't look like the cartoon was not something I wanted. Don't get me started on Ironhide. Talk about disappointing 😔

DSC02184-10225-1300-1300-90-wm-left_top-

Dafuq is that.....

"How to rebrand a toyline 101" 😉

Most of the G1 Transformers line is trash by today's standards. Ironhide/Ratchet have to be the God Tier "liberties taken for the show"  models. I look at my Masterpiece collection and quite impressed at how far toy engineering has come. 

COaMPhUUEAAIQkw?format=jpg&name=medium

As a side, here's the most recent release for Megatron (effectively the last time we will likely ever see him as a gun). 

65fc7575-b6aa-4e84-bf15-54aa1a82252a.jpg8a9537ac-27b1-42f9-add2-fac815e8ea87.jpg

Edited by OPTIMUS124
39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Dafuq is that.....

At least it actually shot the missiles.

yeah, this was my major gripe with 80s action figures.  It irked the hell out of me when I kept seeing toys that looked drastically different from how the characters looked on the show.

"Solo84" (who changed his youtube name recently for some odd reason) had a stream tonight with 3 nice looking girls on, and it was about that friend-zone topic once again... of course, at least 2 out of the 3 girls on his show swore that their male "besties" would NOT hit it if they offered....shit was absolutely hilarious, man.  There are indeed situations where this happens of course, but like anything...there's special/rare exceptions to nearly any rule.  He had them call those guy friends up but they compromised the experiment anyway by immediately giving away the fact that they were on a live show at the moment.  

Interesting thing I noticed with one of them---I suspect that in some cases, their opinion on this shit might actually be a case of simple "projection".... because SHE is not attracted and not interested in "BFF Guy", she is possibly assuming his opinion is the same deal....swearing up and down that if she offered he would turn it down or laugh it off, or wonder what's wrong with her, etc.

also---this is the video they were watching...though the girls on his show were too rowdy to even pay attention and comment on it

oh wow.... well things got a little juicy at the end of this clip there... things got very personal for a minute 

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Wasn't the original Ultra Magnus toy basically just an Optimus Prime painted in white?

Yes.  Technically, it was a repaint of Japans Powered convoy which was a remold of Battle Convoy aka Optimus Prime.

It has small modifications to plug into the trailer to create the classic armored look of Ultra Magnus.

I never had the G1 toy, but one day in school someone was playing with the white smaller cab and I thought it was a special "Hate Plague" resistant Optimus Prime toy.

Since the cartoon never depicted the white cab transforming into small white robot form and interacting with other characters, I assumed the white cab was simply a nontransforming part.

A lot of the 2000's figures were simply white repaints of Optimus with no armor.

The 2014 Masterpiece figure has the cab , but it doesnt transform. The 2015 Combiner Wars figure is the same way and so is the rare Titanium figure from 2007.

The  2021 remold Kingdom is one of the few UM figures that has the transforming white cab with armor created from the trailer to create the classic G1 animation look.

(2018 Siege does so in robot form, but the vehicle is basically the cybertronian 2001 RID truck.)

History of UM toys

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ultra_Magnus_(G1)/toys

Edited by DangerousJ

What's the source of Transformers? Is it like Power Rangers where it was already a thing in Japan and then it got turned into Transformers when it came to America? Was it drastically different in Japan then here in America like Power Rangers? In Japan Rita Repulsa's character eats children lol. 

24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What's the source of Transformers? Is it like Power Rangers where it was already a thing in Japan and then it got turned into Transformers when it came to America? Was it drastically different in Japan then here in America like Power Rangers? In Japan Rita Repulsa's character eats children lol. 

Depends on the series. Og transformers was initially the same here as in Japan. Then some series got cut up.. In Japan headmasters was a whole separate series and here it was cut into episodes... If I remember correctly. 

Sometimes they do animes over in Japan and we don't get those always. But lately it's more American production stuff. 

It's not quite handled the same way as power rangers. Like we aren't waiting on Japan to make new shows to import.. America regularly makes its own transformers content 

26 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It would take too long to go into the details so in  a nutshell...

Transformers was made up of 2 existing toylines called diaclone and Microchange from Takara in Japan circa 1980.

Hasbro toy execs came to a Tokyo toy show in 1983 in Jpn and wanted to sell it in the US and abroad. 

They got the license, and turned to Marvel comics to come up with names/profiles/and a general concept that was used in both Comics and cartoon.

To my knowledge, Diaclone and Microchange had some small scale story in the toy packaging but no cartoon/comic in Japan.  

Rebranding them as TF and giving them the alien origin and good and evil factions was the idea of Marvel Editor in Chief Jim Shooter.

the actual names and profiles were originated by Bob Budiansky of Marvel. Budiansky edited the first 4 issues of the Marvel Comic and wrote issues 5- 55 of the US comic. 

In general , Diaclone toys had small cockpits for mini pilots and Micro change was mostly role playing or robots that converted to "items" like guns/microscopes etc.

Well.  A little bit of Olympic history has been made.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/08/04/finally-an-olympic-athlete-whos-proud-of-america-n2593546

She won not only gold, she won respect, and made history.  Not a bad day at work.

One making history on her way in, and one making history on her way out.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/allyson-felix-caps-legendary-career-with-medal-in-final-olympic-race/

Congrats to both.

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Well.  A little bit of Olympic history has been made.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/08/04/finally-an-olympic-athlete-whos-proud-of-america-n2593546

She won not only gold, she won respect, and made history.  Not a bad day at work.

One making history on her way in, and one making history on her way out.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/allyson-felix-caps-legendary-career-with-medal-in-final-olympic-race/

Congrats to both.

Lmfao I'm shocked a right wing page admitted she's the first black female to win. Every comment section the conservatives are complaining it's not about race 🤣

Just now, Deadly_Raver said:

That has gotta be the worst title for an article that I've seen in a while. 

https://www.today.com/news/team-usa-medals-2021-every-us-olympic-medalist-so-far-t227104

None of these people love being in the US?

1 minute ago, Deadly_Raver said:

her race was a part of the parameter in this case.  In this case, No other black woman had done it before her.

also, a random hit from twitter.

Enjoying your flight?  No?  GOOD.  Just wait until you see the hotel we found for you............

Conservatives don't care she's the first lmfao. They been in every comment section about her complaining "it's not about race" "only in America do you focus on race" . 

Lmfao

3 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

That has gotta be the worst title for an article that I've seen in a while. 

https://www.today.com/news/team-usa-medals-2021-every-us-olympic-medalist-so-far-t227104

None of these people love being in the US?

The very title you called bad answered your question.  Obviously, that lady does and didn't shy away from showing it.  Far too many were complaining about racism and how America is bad.  Coincidentally, none of them won a medal.  

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Conservatives don't care she's the first lmfao. They been in every comment section about her complaining "it's not about race" "only in America do you focus on race" . 

Lmfao

They don't care? They cared enough to write the article.  Take that for what it's worth.

Also, you seem to care more about which political leaning the writers have than the story or the person in it.  Is the story wrong or false since it came from a right-leaning website?  I'm just wondering here.  

Edited by Deadly_Raver
8 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

The very title you called bad answered your question.  Obviously, that lady does and didn't shy away from showing it.  Far too many were complaining about racism and how America is bad.  Coincidentally, none of them won a medal.  

Off the top of my head, Raven Saunders won Silver for shot put. You can love America and be critical of it. 

Just now, KingTubb said:

The headline alone paints a picture that the majority of Olympic athletes aren't proud to be American, which is misleading and a bold conclusion to jump to. 

Exactly this. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 minute ago, Deadly_Raver said:

They don't care?  It was in the article.  They made it a part of the story.  

Also, you seem to care more about which political leaning the writers have than the story or the person in it.  Is the story wrong or false since it came from a right-leaning website?  I'm just wondering here.  

Reread my comment again.. I was talking about what the comment sections have been saying for every post about her. Those quotes are from conservatives in the comment section.  They've been bombarding every article about her saying they don't care what race she is. 

Nope. I don't care about political leanings of the writer. Again I'm surprised they mentioned it because it's going against what conservatives have been complaining about lately. Is it accurate yup. I follow grappling more than most on here because it's literally my job to be involved in grappling so I'm gonna see it way more than you. 

I didn't say anything was wrong with the article. You are comin at me like you feel in some type of way. I didn't diss you or the article.. Literally only said I'm surprised based on their base's comments. 

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Reread my comment again.. I was talking about what the comment sections have been saying for every post about her. Those quotes are from conservatives in the comment section.  They've been bombarding every article about her saying they don't care what race she is. 

Nope. I don't care about political leanings of the writer. Again I'm surprised they mentioned it because it's going against what conservatives have been complaining about lately. Is it accurate yup. I follow grappling more than most on here because it's literally my job to be involved in grappling so I'm gonna see it way more than you. 

I didn't say anything was wrong with the article. You are comin at me like you feel in some type of way. I didn't diss you or the article.. Literally only said I'm surprised based on their base's comments. 

I looked at the comment section.  I must have missed the  part where they didn't appreciate her for what she did and more than a few commented on how she acted.  

You didn't even say anything about the article.  You saw conservative and jumped.  If me pointing that out is,"coming at you like I feel in some type of way" then I'm guilty.  The truth is, you're the one with your feelings involved, not me.

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I looked at the comment section.  I must have missed the  part where they didn't appreciate her for what she did and more than a few commented on how she acted.  

You didn't even say anything about the article.  You saw conservative and jumped.  If me pointing that out is,"coming at you like I feel in some type of way" then I'm guilty.  The truth is, you're the one with your feelings involved, not me.

I did say something about the article. What are you talking about... The fact they pointed out she's the first black female American to win is in the article... Not the title. My guy I read the whole thing not just the title. 

9 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I read this yesterday. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/05/most-us-olympians-love-america-ignore-troublemakers-celebrate-them/

This is why that article posted is complete BS. The premise that it led with is that there isn't anyone repping the US in the way the author would like. That just isn't the case. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Haters? You're a hater if you critique the country? I've never seen an athlete say they hate America. 

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

When did making any sort of protest or being critical mean you "hate" America?

Also, I posted one earlier 😉

have you ever seen one show disrespect?  

https://patriotpost.us/articles/80938-those-america-hating-us-olympians-2021-06-29

https://nypost.com/2021/06/27/olympian-makes-team-usa-then-spits-on-usa-its-a-con/

https://defconnews.com/2021/07/21/america-hating-us-womens-soccer-team-got-their-asses-kicked/

https://americascitizenpress.com/trans-u-s-olympic-athlete-threatened-to-burn-american-flag-at-podium/

Now, whether or not you think it rises to the definition of hate is debatable.  Me?  If I went and disrespected some country's flag and spoke ill of them in the way that some of these athletes are doing, I wouldn't be surprised if people treated me the same way if they saw me.  It's pretty hard for me to listen to a message of someone saying they're oppressed when they're on one of the biggest stages of our modern times.  If they wanted me to believe they were activists and not just attention seeking, Let me see what they do when the cameras are off.  Right now there are too many of them being an embarrassment on a big stage and blowing a once in a lifetime opportunity to make their lives better.  Of course, the future will tell how things work out better than any predictions we might make here in the present.

12 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I read this yesterday. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/05/most-us-olympians-love-america-ignore-troublemakers-celebrate-them/

This is why that article posted is complete BS. The premise that it led with is that there isn't anyone repping the US in the way the author would like. That just isn't the case. 

The first word of that article is.................... OPINION.

charlton_heston_laughing.gif

"Opinions are like assholes.  Everybody has one, and it usually stinks."

Being critical of something is not hating. If someone is critiquing America.. It's because they believe they can do better. Alot of these athletes could go to any other country and rep them but they choose America because they love America. 

If I say something is racist or has racist foundations it doesn't mean I hate America. It means I recognize there is a problem... So let's fix it. 

7 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

The first word of that article is.................... OPINION.

charlton_heston_laughing.gif

"Opinions are like assholes.  Everybody has one, and it usually stinks."

Yet lists athletes who "love" America with medals and the quotes to support it. That sort of negates the "Finally. an Olympic athlete that loves America" thing, especially when a few of them got those medals prior to her winning.

d8a.gif

EDIT - I thought it would sync up 🤣

Edited by OPTIMUS124