Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

my dream is still that it plays out like a sci-fi tv show or movie, and the vaccines are how humans move to the next significant stage of evolution... like an X-gene, or of course, my dream--- more supernatural, magical shit like vampirism, witchcraft and lycanthropy. (Vamp/Witchcraft hybrid creature is the dream top-tier shit, folks.)  Imagine if which one you took determined which kind of powers you got too...or what type of supernatural being you become.  With the X-gene/metahuman route, I'd be happy with Flash-level speed and reaction, super durability and/or regeneration, and psychic abilities.  Those who didn't get the shots (before this glitch in the system got "fixed") would be insanely jealous that they missed out on getting superhuman powers....and are now stuck being an inferior class of human.

Of course, reality is always more depressing and lame in comparison to fiction we've come up with (perhaps because God Himself has always been the ultimate "Debbie Downer" muthafucka, assuming he exists), so naturally there's next to zero chance of those dreams of a 100x more awesome/interesting world ever coming true. 

One minor character who had a cool power that seemed practical rather than combat friendly was the acolyte Milan.

Electropathy: He has the ability to psionically transfer mental impulses into cognitive electromagnetic imagery. These images were commonly filtered through imaging devices (T.V.'s, view screens or monitors). This extended to an ability to communicate directly with computers.

If I had that power, I could make some side money as a Youtuber.

I have these great ideas for skits, but it would cost too much money to get actors/costumes etc lol.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

That's unsettling. A few months ago a family member got COVID, lost sense of smell and was coughing. My father gave her a dose of ivermectine brought from Peru. She spent the next day resting, the next day she was like nothing happened. My father had acquired ivermectine after reading articles of Peruvian doctors treating people successfully, as well as a few from other countries such as Argentina and Brazil.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Exactly 30 days ago, a  university in Japan announced clinical trials of ivermectin along with a Japanese drug manufacturer called Kowa. The WHO must be livid. I am eager to know the results.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.kowa.co.jp/news/2021/press210701.pdf

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://medical.jiji.com/news/41459

Oxford university also launched new ivermectin trials as well

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2021/06/23/oxford-coronavirus-ivermectin-trial/

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/05/07/21/who-state-regulators-asked-to-consider-positive-results-of-ivermectin-trials-on-covid-19

Edited by AriesWarlock
13 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

That's unsettling. A few months ago a family member got COVID, lost sense of smell and was coughing. My father gave her a dose of ivermectine brought from Peru. She spent the next day resting, the next day she was like nothing happened.

You know, I'd be way more at ease if we had an effective treatment instead of a vaccine that no longer works against a mutated variant of covid.

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You know, I'd be way more at ease if we had an effective treatment instead of a vaccine that no longer works against a mutated variant of covid.

From what I understand the vaccine works and still prevents you from dying at least but it's just less effective in preventing Delta from spreading.  If the reports were saying that people were dying consistently vaccinated or not THEN I'd be worried.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

From what I understand the vaccine works and still prevents you from dying at least but it's just less effective in preventing Delta from spreading.  If the reports were saying that people were dying consistently vaccinated or not THEN I'd be worried.

Oh for sure, I was just speaking more in general. If we had a treatment to kill the spike protein I'd be less worried about mutations being given the space to occur and spread through vaccinated people. Vaccines aren't going to work unless everyone is on board. 

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

There's also that vaccines here in the USA were granted a special permit to combat the pandemic, but remember, they are not yet approved by the FDA. Past approved vaccines have taken years to receive seal of approval, so... we'll see if there's side effects in the long term 🤷‍♂️

https://www.fda.gov/media/142749/download

This from the same guy pushing Peruvian voodoo juice a few posts earlier.

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

Angryman on a roll again today

I hate that I missed most of this already.... and he's taken the "uncomfortable" opinion on some of the people you see in the thumbnail, so oh yeahhhh it's juicy 🤣

Sha'Carri is a much worse, more embarrassing case, imo.  Plenty of other athletes went thru some shit and somehow managed to stay clean for the competition.  Maybe you smoke one up *after* you've already come back home, perhaps with a medal and on your way to some endorsement deals.

Dammit.  Thanks for nothing YouTurd.  A warning that the guy was streaming today would've been nice you know!   I guess I'll have to catch up with it later.

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Outside of a feature film length tirade, I really don't get what the issue is.

Sha'Carri was stupid for the weed. She earned the L (regardless of the circumstance). 

Simone Biles has a right to drop out. People complaining that she's a quitter have called out from their desk-job because they stubbed their toe.

Sha'carri is allowed to grieve in her own way. She didn't deny it or run from it. I don't think she's stupid.. She's human. She isn't complaining about her situation in any way, I don't get why people get on her like she failed them personally. If anything this whole situation has made her more popular than before. 

28 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Sha'carri is allowed to grieve in her own way. She didn't deny it or run from it. 

You're completely right and I agree. Simultaneously, she knows the rules. If I'm lactose intolerant but decide to binge a quart of ice cream because I've had some emotional trauma, doesn't change that it was a bad move. 

31 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I don't think she's stupid.. She's human.

Humans do stupid things when emotionally compromised. Rational thought rarely comes through. Then if I can rephrase, the act was stupid. 

32 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I don't get why people get on her like she failed them personally. If anything this whole situation has made her more popular than before. 

People wanted to see her win, and it's kind of a bummer that she's been suspended for something that small that was also in her control. It's all on her, people can talk about sis all they want, she's gotta live with it. My friends and I were talking about how people think athletes owe them something. They don't; they go through the paces of life just like the rest of us and sometimes they do things that you may or may not want them to. It doesn't matter, as they are the ones that have to live with it.

I do agree, this has done nothing but make her a household name. 

yeah that's mostly the thing...people were looking forward to seeing them more than likely dominate their events at the Olympics, so at least some of the flack is born out of disappointment in them.

On a sidenote; I looked up just how short Simone is--- she's 4'8, folks....niiiiice.  Congrats to the dude who managed to snag THAT.... I've seen some pics she posted of them together.  A tiny, fine gymnast like that is one hell of a score, good sir.

Cheers Applause GIF

yesterday on that "Blerds" podcast--- Jay was instantly triggered by the mere mention of J. Campea in the chat, and that comment got deleted quickly by a mod... I'm 99% sure he didn't even read the comment in question, he just hates the guy THAT much... shit was hilarious, man... I'll have to look it up since I've forgotten it at this point....it's been years since he even mentioned whatever the hell it was that went down that rubbed him the wrong way.

Edited by MillionX

So I read somewheres that folk are dying off even if they're vaccinated.  Whats the point of gettin the shit?  I get the vaccine I still get covid...so I just get to blame the folk that wont get vaccinated?  Its those peoples fault?  Wait a minute...if you can still get the shit when you have the vaccine then that means you can pass it on to someone else after you've had the vaccine.  Guess just blame everyone but pick one side that I dislike more and yell at them.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
3 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So I read somewheres that folk are dying off even if they're vaccinated.  Whats the point of gettin the shit?  I get the vaccine I still get covid...so I just get to blame the folk that wont get vaccinated?  Its those peoples fault?

Where are you reading this? Source please. 

18 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So I read somewheres that folk are dying off even if they're vaccinated.  Whats the point of gettin the shit?  I get the vaccine I still get covid...so I just get to blame the folk that wont get vaccinated?  Its those peoples fault?  Wait a minute...if you can still get the shit when you have the vaccine then that means you can pass it on to someone else after you've had the vaccine.  Guess just blame everyone but pick one side that I dislike more and yell at them.

Most hospitalizations about 99% last I read are from unvaccinated. I don't know where you "read" about vaccinated deaths. 

4 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I dunno much about much but I know that I only got vaccines when I was a baby.  Vaccines that had closed tests done for years.  I have not gotten any illness/sickness/disease I was vaccinated for as a baby.  I dont have to wear a mask to ensure I dont get any of that shit or pass it to anyone.  /shrug

People have gotten chicken pox as adults even though they are vaccinated. 

You can still get diseases you were vaccinated for, they are never a 100% cure. 

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So I read somewheres that folk are dying off even if they're vaccinated.  Whats the point of gettin the shit?

Best thing you can do is talk to your doctor about it, and then decide what you feel is best for you and your family.  That's what I did. There is so much conflicting information  on the internet, I don't blame your hesitancy.

One thing people always want to run to whenever others are criticizing someone great (*heh, like Simone Biles)---- that shit where they say "oh so where are your gold medals then if you wanna talk?"

This horseshit ass nonsense... so you can't even say anything about someone if you haven't done the same shit?  So... any movie critic, game critic, or average person isn't allowed to have an opinion because they haven't directed a movie or produced a game, or ran a marathon, etc. etc., right?  All their opinions are automatically invalid, I guess?  That shit is annoying every time I've heard it.  Those of us who can't or don't sing professionally don't get to laugh at all the terrible singers on American Idol, I guess?  hahaha bitch please...get outta here with that 😆

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Best thing you can do is talk to your doctor about it, and then decide what you feel is best for you and your family.  That's what I did. There is so much conflicting information  on the internet, I don't blame your hesitancy.

The issue as we move on is companies/businesses are forcing people to take the vaccine. The main concern for peeps not taking it is this vaccine has yet to be formerly approved by the FDA due to the circumstances. Traditional vaccines take years to make so yeah on the one hand this is a miracle of science...but for a small handful, the cost could be too high if one has bad side effects. 

The worst case scenario is if say in a few months/years some unseen adverse effects kick in en masse, then imagine the panic. 

I didn't want to take it but weighing my choices, I felt it was needed. 

aha, I remember now...and yeah this is a years-old beef at this point.... I knew it had something to do with a thing Jay perceived as "racist".

If they had a bigger audience, that blow-up from yesterday's show would definitely inspire random people to just start trolling by finding a way to mention John's name in the chat, I'm sure.  So far, I don't think John has ever even responded to those claims.  I enjoy that show, but that moment in there was just strange and kind of a bad look, imo...but also funny 😆  Just the mention of a certain guy's name, regardless of context, is enough to set him off apparently.

edit--ah, he did respond back then, apparently, according to the comments in this thread... funny thing is that he apparently said he (Jay) deleted it so everything's good.  hahah well judging by yesterday's show apparently not, at least on Jay's side of things.

Edited by MillionX
32 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

...............and there we go.  I was wondering when they would use the,"do this or something will happen to your dick" ploy.  Glad to see they didn't let me down.........No pun intended.

Oh, it's not a great study for proving anything. 

I just thought that their choices of skin color in the dick graphics was funny.  And possibly saying something about the designer's insecurities.

1 minute ago, Deadly_Raver said:

.......I am way more interested in this than I should be and it is your responsibility to tell me the whole story.

I edited my post above. I was on the phone with one of my client's customers and it went in the wrong windpipe, and I started choking. Like seriously choking ... ended up laying down face first on the bed and the missus was able to successfully dislodge the popcorn piece by hitting me on my back super hard three or four times. I am now throwing all of the popcorn I have out of the house/giving it to neighbors.