Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

My second favorite superhero film after Man of Steel is Iron Man 1. 

I'd agree that WW84 is probably most disappointing. I instantly fell in love with Gal as Wonder Woman. Loved the first movie, own it on 4K Bluray. Never finished 84.

Worst superhero movie is probably Birdman. He didn't do one single fucking heroic thing the entire goddamn movie, except for shoot himself on stage in an attempt to put himself out of his misery. But he even failed at that. What the fuck.

Batman and Robin was terrible. When I saw it in the theater the one thing going through my mind was how much it followed Batman Forever's story structure but was even more ridiculous. I strongly believe Schwarzenegger was told to act like Jim Carrey in Batman Forever.

My favorite superhero movie is Captain America: Winter Soldier, followed by the Dark Knight and Iron Man 1.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

Batman and Robin was terrible. When I saw it in the theater the one thing going through my mind was how much it followed Batman Forever's story structure but was even more ridiculous. I strongly believe Schwarzenegger was told to act like Jim Carrey in Batman Forever.

My favorite superhero movie is Captain America: Winter Soldier, followed by the Dark Knight and Iron Man 1.

Arnold just didn't give a fuck. But if you look into the bts shit of the movie, you'd totally understand why he didn't give a fuck. Like he was basically swallowing battery acid for the lights in his mouth because it kept leaking lmfao. 

haha so this girl got all this gofundme money for kids that aren't really hers?!

she got a LOT of cash with that scam too... of course I won't be surprised if she ultimately gets away with it with no consequences. 🤣

Currently on AntennaTV---Bewitched is on.  The weekend episodes are back to the early seasons; s2ep3 is on now... That Girl is coming up at 10.  I was up super-early this morning so I got to see Dark Shadows at around 4 on Decades network.  Unfortunately, Dark Shadows is just painfully boring.. I keep trying to give it a chance just because it's a soap opera featuring a vampire.  It's a shame this is a show from that old era---because of that, I doubt he's ever going to show off some cool vampire powers.  That's what I really want to see when we're talking about cool vamp action.

12 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

They have a few good ones up here around Nashville too. The guy who runs them is an old ST player, and the one he runs out in Smyrna is quite possibly the best arcade I've ever been to in terms of the sheer number and rarity of machines they have, but they also have a location in one of the malls too. Nashville even has a few barcades around town, one that used to have some cheap drinks and good machines there. 

I think a lady friend of mine went to Tennessee, we saw a post about a major arcade there, that HAS to be one in the same. I'll have to ask her later, I plan on going to that one eventually 

Did I mention the one I went to has the Japanese versions of all the games I mentioned? 

Edited by HD-Man

I saw Dave Chappelle tonight, who was shooting for a special. It wasn't anywhere near as good as when I saw him in 2019 with the material that would eventually make it into Sticks and Stones. His opening acts (Donnell Rawlings, Jeff Ross, and some new guy whose name I don't remember) were way funnier.

His set had a couple jokes on other stuff, but it was mostly a long treatise on the gay/trans community with okay jokes peppered throughout. If this is what the special is, it's a huge step down from ALL of Dave's earlier Netflix catalogue. I'm thinking Dave did a different set every night or every other night, and the best bits of those get spliced into a special. It would make sense; the set seemed short, even for a special. Felt like a tight 30-45 minutes. Also, there were plenty of jokes in Sticks & Stones that I didn't hear when I saw him.

I'm really hoping that's the case, because that set was a complete waste of the near 5 hours I spent driving to and back from Detroit, finding parking, and getting tested for COVID. No way in HELL I would have gone through all that if I knew this was what I was going to get. I'm not pissed off, but I'm one ladder rung away from it.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I think a lady friend of mine went to Tennessee, we saw a post about a major arcade there, that HAS to be one in the same. I'll have to ask her later, I plan on going to that one eventually 

Did I mention the one I went to has the Japanese versions of all the games I mentioned? 

Game Galaxy is the name of the place up here. The one in Smyrna is like the history of arcade games, while the one in the mall is much smaller, and still good, but the Smyrna one is absolutely worth the drive. 

They have the Japanese versions?? This place sounds too good to be true, which town is it in? 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I saw Dave Chappelle tonight, who was shooting for a special. It wasn't anywhere near as good as when I saw him in 2019 with the material that would eventually make it into Sticks and Stones. His opening acts (Donnell Rawlings, Jeff Ross, and some new guy whose name I don't remember) were way funnier.

His set had a couple jokes on other stuff, but it was mostly a long treatise on the gay/trans community with okay jokes peppered throughout. If this is what the special is, it's a huge step down from ALL of Dave's earlier Netflix catalogue. I'm thinking Dave did a different set every night or every other night, and the best bits of those get spliced into a special. It would make sense; the set seemed short, even for a special. Felt like a tight 30-45 minutes. Also, there were plenty of jokes in Sticks & Stones that I didn't hear when I saw him.

I'm really hoping that's the case, because that set was a complete waste of the near 5 hours I spent driving to and back from Detroit, finding parking, and getting tested for COVID. No way in HELL I would have gone through all that if I knew this was what I was going to get. I'm not pissed off, but I'm one ladder rung away from it.

He's probably working out new material. That's why it kind of sucks when people take video of name comedians at clubs, because usually they're working on new stuff and it's raw and not always very good, so people see the video and think that's what it is until the special comes out after all the woodshedding is done.

Speaking of seeing acts, I went to this Blended festival in Nashville today that had a mashup of a lot of different kinds of music, food and mixology demonstrations, and wine tasting. Kaskade, Ludacris, and Matt Stell were the headliners and it was great getting to hear them. Ludacris is one of my favorite MCs of all time and I would put him up there approaching  Biggie in terms of his writing and just how flexible his flow is. It's cool hearing a guy who doesn't use the same cadence in every song and his guest spots are often my favorite parts of the songs they're in. Kaskade was incredible too. He seems like one of the few DJs that doesn't go out of his way to have a lot of obnoxious sounds in his music which is a plus because he actually writes really good songs. While I imagine being a DJ is kind of boring, those shows are always so much fun and this one was no exception. 

Only downside to the whole festival was how expensive the food was. Ended up paying $60 with tip for 3 burgers which even 5 Guys doesn't have the balls to do (yet anyway.) 

Edited by DoctaMario

I get where you're coming from; Chappelle had plenty of material in his 2019 set I saw that didn't make it into Sticks and Stones, and some that made it in that I never saw. Then, he was working on new material.

Chappelle was shooting for a special this time. This material has, in theory, been ironed out on the road and in comedy clubs. The hope is just that I didn't see every thing he did. The crowd loved it (I forgot to mention that), but I wasn't expecting like 40 minutes on Gays and Transgenders with a slight chuckle every now and then. I really hope other sets had other jokes.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Game Galaxy is the name of the place up here. The one in Smyrna is like the history of arcade games, while the one in the mall is much smaller, and still good, but the Smyrna one is absolutely worth the drive. 

They have the Japanese versions?? This place sounds too good to be true, which town is it in? 

Not familiar with ATL like that, but it's called Round 1 in Cumberland Mall. It's technically like one of the Dave & Buster type deals

man this podcast with Rekieta Law and several others is supersized... I started listening last night and fell asleep... woke up a little while ago...they're STILL live right now.

Anyway---work stuff--- I got the word recently that we WON'T be returning to the building... so the "work from home" routine shall continue.  I hated this at first, actually but at this point I've grown to like the convenience.  There's still times when I miss the good ol' days of going to work at an office building though.  Unfortunately, this era now means that getting days off for extreme wintery weather conditions will no longer be a thing.  Sheeeeitttt, remember those good ol' times?  You look out the window and see the roads all iced over and you know right away-- "hell yeah...".  Videogames alllll day, folks.  In the context of work, it would be free time off as well, not even counting against personal "leave" time. (it would be written off as "admin leave" if they closed the building due to "inclement weather")

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I love that Dave is still rocking with his hommie Ashy Larry. 

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

Anyway---work stuff--- I got the word recently that we WON'T be returning to the building... so the "work from home" routine shall continue.  I hated this at first, actually but at this point I've grown to like the convenience.

The City  I work for gave us the option. I started this job during the pandemic (one year ago Tuesday), so this has been the norm. Add that to they never did a floor plan that included me in the office yet, so I am definitely gonna be working at the house for a while. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
16 hours ago, Maxx said:

Arnold just didn't give a fuck. But if you look into the bts shit of the movie, you'd totally understand why he didn't give a fuck. Like he was basically swallowing battery acid for the lights in his mouth because it kept leaking lmfao. 

I remember hearing that Ahnuld lost a ton of weight during filming since the suit was so damn heavy and he was sweating like crazy.

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I remember hearing that Ahnuld lost a ton of weight during filming since the suit was so damn heavy and he was sweating like crazy.

I believe it. It was a nutty production  hence why he was like fuck it all.. I'm gonna smoke a damn cigar.. As freeze 🤣

Sheeeeittttttt I just finished watching this movie right here, and it was a damn good time... Blood Red Sky:

(*special note here--- this trailer shows off a bit too much, imo)

hell yeah, man...  I was craving some more hot vampire action and here comes Netflix serving it up for me.  It beats the hell out of that lame ass shit from a year ago about the family with the half-vamp girl, btw. (*that one was simply called "Vampires" and had just about all French actors in it, if I recall... that miniseries had the lamest "vampires in name only" chump ass creatures I've ever seen.)

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Troops were removed from Afghanistan, now the Taliban is in control of the country. Hope this doesn't come back to bite the world in the ass.

Afghanistan isn't really a "country" as much as it's a bunch of smaller tribes who are balkanized. Trying to go in and turn them into a country when they don't care about, live, or think like that was an expensive mistake we'll be paying for for generations, and while I was in favor of us going in back in 2003, I quickly saw the error of that a year or two later when it was clear we had no idea what we.were.doing. . Those folks have been fighting amongst themselves for decades, it was arrogance to think we had the answers and could actually do something for them that even they couldn't do for themselves. 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

just saying. . .

Can't help people who want to find every possible way to not help themselves.  I'm beyond pissed internally that getting vaccinated became politicized so hard but we can't do anything at this point.  People are too far gone even with people being on a ventilator and on their death bed in a hospital still denying help.  We're going to be dealing with this shit for years from now until enough people die off.  I firmly believe at this point that even if every government officially elected democrat and republican came out and told people to get to vaccine we'd still have 25% of the population holding out.

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

The US has the most stringent vaccine/drug safety requirements in the world. 

If they arent satisfied here, there's no hope.

Also, Sonichuman for president!

Pfft...I would not want to run for pres.  Too much of a pain in the ass and far too much facepalming every minute.  There's far too many lemmings and stupid people on the boat trying to row backwards for me.

currently on--- My 2 Dads... this dude Cory with the major Self-Imposed FriendZone move showed up to Nicole's birthday party with flowers for her...but called them a "friendship bouquet"  BRUH...

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Of course right after that the dude she really likes showed up at the party so her and her main girlfriend could gush over the fact that he showed up and looks so hot.  Hahaha Cory has no chance.  Naturally he's been on a series of highs and lows because sometimes it seems like Nicole responds positively to him but then he realizes that she's *really* wanting to hook up with that other dude who is the stereotypical "prettyboy" all the girls at school want, of course.

WHOAH shit Cory just launched right into that dude!  The jealousy went right off the charts as both asked Nicole for a dance at the same time, and it looked like she was going to pick Prettyboy... Cory rushed forward for critical damage! [heck it here]

Aw come ON man... they're just going to leave that juicy little plotpoint hanging like that?  Right when it was getting good... the boys fought outside the apartment too as Nicole looked on, seemingly conflicted!  

Angela Lansbury Reaction GIF

anyway, it was season 2, episode 1 "Blast from the Past".  ...bastards just gonna tease me with something juicy like that and end the episode with no resolution on that....dammit, man...

Edited by MillionX

Went to fb to get away from this  vaccination vs unvaccinated talk, and it's in here too. A waste of time shaming ppl who ain't taking it, it'll go nowhere, ppl tend to double down when you clown them. Take solice in the fact that you got the shot and should be relatively safe

As the the unvaccinated, if they wanna go raw dogging, let em, that's on them. As long as they properly sanitze, keep their distance and wear their masks, idgaf what they do

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

What type of condiments/spices do you guys like to put on corn on the cob?

I like to put chilli powder and lime juice.

Always the super-picky kid... for me the only thing that goes on corn if anything at all is butter.

butter is such a great thing; it's good on almost anything.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Went to fb to get away from this  vaccination vs unvaccinated talk, and it's in here too. A waste of time shaming ppl who ain't taking it, it'll go nowhere, ppl tend to double down when you clown them. Take solice in the fact that you got the shot and should be relatively safe

As the the unvaccinated, if they wanna go raw dogging, let em, that's on them. As long as they properly sanitze, keep their distance and wear their masks, idgaf what they do

Just to make sure to clarify my stance on this in case what I've said before wasn't fully clear,  I've stopped giving a fuck if people want to get vaccinated.  It's hard to care about other people who don't give a shit themselves.  I'm not the one to yell at people constantly to not jump off the roof cause if the first 5 don't do it then it's at this point it's out of my or anyone else's hands.  It's just a shitty situation that the people jumping can potentially end up taking other people with them but only thing I'm doing on this matter right now is shrugging at it.  I'm perfectly ok with nature running it's course and doing its thing at this point cause there's nothing else to do.

annnd again I'm thankful for the person who invented speaker phone... Dad has been rambling for about 2 hours so far;( (2 hours 4 minutes to be exact)) no signs of winding down either; this monologue might be at least another hour.

heh, we did have a good laugh a little while ago about Robin suddenly being bisexual now...and the various race-swaps of so many characters over the years.  I don't think he was even aware of Hollywood's apparent need to erase the redheaded fictional characters as of late.

haha imagine if someday they make a live-action show about Yosemite Sam...and they get a short black guy to play him...likely Kevin Hart 🤣

edit---Who's the Boss? is on... the romantic tension between Angela and Tony was one of the best in sitcoms, man... it was always pretty obvious that Angela wanted Tony to bend her over the couch a few times.  You know she wanted it but she appeared to be in denial.  For some reason this kind of thing always makes for good tv, imo....which is why show-runners milk the hell out of that as much as they can on a show....and once the characters finally hook up, that tends to be a "jump the shark" moment.

edit 2---ohhhh there's my honey Alyssa Milanoooooo ...that girl was somethin else

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

salad-toss worthy.

Edited by MillionX