Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I knew that would be one of the first responses.  Just cause you dont see it dont mean it aint there.  I didnt say anything about any other hospital...just the one I went to and saw on the news.  I asked if you guys had checked out your hospitals.

Idk, maybe your hospital was empty.  Are you in a place where the hospitals are supposed to be slammed right now?

Also, the issue is how many ICU beds are full.  If you need an ICU bed, they aren't going to have you just hanging out it the waiting room of the ED.  They're going to put you up in the ICU, or if they're full up they're going to send you to the next closest hospital with an empty ICU bed.

If you're suspicious about it, just go ask some of the hospital employees how things are.  I've worked in hospitals, a LOT, and they don't drill employees in on the grand lizard people conspiracy or whatever.  Just regular workers, half of whom are mildly disgruntled at any given time.  You hit up anybody who isn't especially busy and they're totally apt to chit chat.

I watched that Flash video. Videos that long are good to have as background noise. I dropped the Flash after season 4 but fuck I didn't know how bad it's gotten since. What they are doing with Killer Frost gave me a headache and why keep Sue in the cast when they fired the actor who played Ralph? Without Ralph there's no reason to keep her around. Flash doesn't make sense anymore

like with a lot of CW shows... it was just the eye-candy that kept me around for Supergirl, and even that was just "occasionally"... and I eventually stopped watching.  One thing was the change in Supergirl's costume; that definitely helped kill off the eye-candy right then and there. 

It was interesting that they had Martian Manhunter on there, and I think a show that's centered around him could've been great stuff....of course he has no chance though, considering what CW's target demo is *and* how agenda-focused the network has become in recent years.  It wouldn't take long before Martian Manhunter became a background character in his own show, with of course a female  and/or lgbtq character being the one that actually figures things out and saves the day on a regular basis.

Preach vs. Myron <---if this is what it turns out to be, in a regular boxing match, it would seem a bit lopsided, imo... Myron is actually in great physical condition (he's previously known for producing fitness/exercise content if I recall; always advocates for men to get in shape and stop being a fatass); I realize Preach has to stand up for an insult directed at the wife but.... yeahhhh it wouldn't be a pretty situation in that ring, imo

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

To yall that stopped watching the CW DC shows, I don't blame you but PLEASE watch Superman and Lois, it's quite unlike the other shows. You wouldn't even think it's in the same universe with how good it looks and how well written it is

Would you say it's the best live action DC show on now?

I hear this and Doom Patrol being praised in the DC thread a lot.

Oh yeah, Superman & Lois is a surprising exception to the rule there... it doesn't even seem like it belongs on the network.  I'm behind on it though; I have only watched a couple of episodes of the season.

Elsewhere in internet youtube drama, this just popped up for me

Mannnnnnnn youtube why must you be so good to me?

Bird Popcorn GIF

30 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Would you say it's the best live action DC show on now?

I hear this and Doom Patrol being praised in the DC thread a lot.

Doom Patrol is at the top for me. Everything about that show is amazing. I love how that show can get weird as fuck and not deter from the seriousness of what's going on. Everyone on the team is enduring. You want to see them succeed. Expect for chief, he can eat a bag of dick

9 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I knew that would be one of the first responses.  Just cause you dont see it dont mean it aint there.  I didnt say anything about any other hospital...just the one I went to and saw on the news.  I asked if you guys had checked out your hospitals.

Edit - Your response also lets me know a bit about you in that you dont actually need to see it yourself, second or third or even fourth hand interpretations are good enough.

What are you even talking about? I'm not a reporter and I don't have a medical issue atm. Hospitals aren't going to let you walk in to go check if they have full or empty beds lmfao. 

Edited by Maxx

Logic and common sense here = do what the news says

And yes, the hospital I went to was suppose to be packed.  According to the news.  Did you neglect to read that part in my post?  Do you guys just read the parts you want to reply to, dont think about and do a fast reply?  I was able to walk around most of the hospital.  None of it was locked down.

I mean, I still dont know anyone who has died from covid.  I hear people all the time say they know of people that died or some shit...but thats it.  I know several people that have had covid and got over it. 

Where da fuck are the pictures of all the death and mayhem at any hospitals?  Show those and I bet every go get vaccinated. But wait a minute...

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

oh yeah, another little advantage either one of them have on their side is that both Fresh and Myron are younger, I think.  Between a fat guy and one that works out regularly, yeah I'd still put money on the one who is in shape 9 times out of 10. (*then again if the fat guy has any kind of real power behind his hits it can theoretically still go the other way, obviously....still makes things interesting.  Once anyone gets tagged the right way hard enough, they're going down for the count.)

haha whatever the result... you know I just love to see it when youtubers have problems with each other lately.  It always makes for good trashy entertainment to me.  I'm also hoping that thing with Jesse (and by extension Jeff of World Class Bullshitters) vs. Nerdrotic blows up into something juicy (cliff notes version--basically she was at an event with them and Nerdrotic and his wife asked her to leave for some reason, even though their fanbases overlap, so some were likely excited to meet her as well.)

Lately Tommy Sotomayor has had an ongoing feud with Kwame Brown but that one hasn't been that good, imo....whenever either one of them makes a video about the other one that's my cue to watch something else for a minute.

Edited by MillionX
28 minutes ago, MillionX said:

oh yeah, another little advantage either one of them have on their side is that both Fresh and Myron are younger, I think.  Between a fat guy and one that works out regularly, yeah I'd still put money on the one who is in shape 9 times out of 10. (*then again if the fat guy has any kind of real power behind his hits it can theoretically still go the other way, obviously....still makes things interesting.  Once anyone gets tagged the right way hard enough, they're going down for the count.)

haha whatever the result... you know I just love to see it when youtubers have problems with each other lately.  It always makes for good trashy entertainment to me.  I'm also hoping that thing with Jesse (and by extension Jeff of World Class Bullshitters) vs. Nerdrotic blows up into something juicy (cliff notes version--basically she was at an event with them and Nerdrotic and his wife asked her to leave for some reason, even though their fanbases overlap, so some were likely excited to meet her as well.)

Lately Tommy Sotomayor has had an ongoing feud with Kwame Brown but that one hasn't been that good, imo....whenever either one of them makes a video about the other one that's my cue to watch something else for a minute.

Bruh you really underestimating how much of a X factor real world fighting experience is. Preach not only regularly practices MMA. He has worked as a bouncer and likely has tussled with guys Myron's size numerous times.

When you're getting into physical situations often. You develop certain fighting instincts, your body reacts to certain stimuli before you even think, and you develop and hone techniques that just sparring with buddies won't develop. 

55 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I mean, I still dont know anyone who has died from covid.

Glad that's the case. I know five. It's not a thing you gain street cred for. 

I know several people that have had covid and got over it. 

This too. It honestly depends on the age bracket. Those that passed were significantly older. 

Where da fuck are the pictures of all the death and mayhem at any hospitals? 

You likely won't see it because risk of exposure and release waivers for images. This is why when NY was an epicenter for cases, most photos were outside of the building. My father in law was admitted to the ER recently. When I went to see him, respirators were a thing in that wing. It's real out here. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
46 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I was able to walk around most of the hospital.  None of it was locked down.

Nearly every interesting part of a US hospital is locked down.  Even pre-CoVid.  Being able to walk most of the hallways doesn't mean much.

If it's all a huge lie, you think all the hospital peons are getting paid those big conspiracy dollars to keep it hush?  Sure the doctors get paid a ton, but every job there below nurse kind of sucks (okay, maybe some of the techs do all right, but the admins, janitors, and support staff?  those jobs are low key awful).

56 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Where da fuck are the pictures of all the death and mayhem at any hospitals?  Show those and I bet every go get vaccinated. But wait a minute...

No US hospital is going to release photos of patients.  That's an ACTUAL HIPAA violation (for all it gets memed on).

Got an interview at Books-A-Million on Friday to be a back up manager. 😎 

oh, I also made a salad for lunch. 

*deep breath* 

Seasoned chicken, bacon bits, purple onions, cherry tomatoes, almond slivers, garlic croutons and grated parmesan with salt and pepper topped with balsamic dressing.

5D2BC4AD-7A2B-4B87-8F98-5938111B79EC.thumb.jpeg.79d83b4cd023a8666e334dd8f0b97fdd.jpeg

Edited by iStu X

I've been testing the Japanese trading strategy for the Ichimoku indicator for the past week. Out of 10 trades I won 8. And yesterday I won a trade of 100 pips.  I was only using 7 micro lots, but it is still a a very large move to catch. The power of this indicator to guide you is seriously amazing. I keep studying it, but so far the results have been very positive! Traders here should take notice.

36 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Baller!  Had a similar job at a bookstore a million years ago, fucking loved that job.

Thanks man. I applied just last night. So them getting back to me so readily is promising and has me excited. Plus, and I can’t stress this enough: I genuinely hate the job I have now. 

I really do enjoy working retail but I prefer genre specific/specialized retail where I can constantly learn and expand my knowledge in that (those) fields(s). Especially if I get to be hands on and face to face with customers. It’s why I loved working at the hobby/comic shop back home and why I loved working at GameStop so much. I was constantly learning which kept me ambitious but also humble when it came learning from the seniors and customers 

Edited by iStu X
48 minutes ago, Reticently said:

No US hospital is going to release photos of patients.  That's an ACTUAL HIPAA violation (for all it gets memed on).

At this point would the pictures most likely come from hunneds of patients?  Then news sites would gather those and show them on the news.  Its not like they take your phone away when they admit you for covid.  No real pictures of horrible death wards or anything.  The occasional sick person in a bed with something written like "I wish I would have taken the vaccine".  But on the news the hospitals are jam packed.  Every hospital in stockton and lodi is jam packed...on the news.  I go to the one I saw on the news and it was not jam packed.  There was maybe 4 people in the lobby and when I went back to the e-room there were 3 rooms being occupied.  I walked the entire floor of that hospital and it was just like a normal day.  Even the outside triage area (tents, industrial air filters, heaters, beds, medical equipment, etc., etc.) was gone.  I'd went to the hospital about 2 or 3 months before and they had that stuff all set up. 

9 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Every hospital in stockton and lodi is jam packed...on the news

Well the first thing I notice is that CoVid numbers in that county are way below the highs back in January (climbing again though).

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/san-joaquin-county/

In Jan apparently hospitals in the area were operating way above their rated ICU capacities thanks to equipment loans from the DoD.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sjgov.org/ems/pdf/202114sjcemsahospitalreport.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj09pr06LjyAhXsmOAKHSo6C5cQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0WrGiz-mWtjZBWM_Pa90Tl

So without hunting down an actual ICU census for your county (which probably is on the internet somewhere), it sounds like hospitals in your area are probably close to or just at their normal 100% capacity numbers and health officials are trying not to have them run over again.

Also, they don't take your phone away, but if you're on a ventilator or supine on O2 protocols you aren't in any shape to fire off selfies.  You can do a Google image search and see tons of CoVid pt photos for yourself though.

Again, if you're that skeptical of it I suggest reaching out to hospital workers in your area and asking them what things are like.  They have no incentive to lie to you.

11 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I have asked.  I was told be several people that "sure covid is kinda bad but its not as bad as the media is makin' it out to be". 

Well there we go then.  I'm glad the current situation in your area isn't that dire, and hopefully it stays that way.  Those numbers are definitely on the rise again in your area, so hopefully enough people take precautions and reverse the trend.

wooooo the commentary on the New York vaccine/ID requirement is bound to be juicy too... the internet just keeps on giving me so much good material this week... I'm lovin' it like that McDonalds jingle says.  So, I'm already wondering---for those who argued that the voter ID requirements would be "racist", would they think the same of NYC's vaccine/ID requirement to do that long list of things? 

Whatever man, I'm still just daydreaming that the human species evolves and gains supernatural abilities somehow as a result of all this.  I know that the default setting for reality is to be some disappointing, sad bullshit with zero chance of a happy/cool ending since God/Mother Nature is the ultimate Debbie Downer asshole muthafucka but I can still daydream about how cool it would be at least.

EDIT---annnnd I've also heard about a lawsuit accusing Bob Dylan of molesting a girl.... back in 1965, bruh 🤣  Surely that's a record now for accusations that are LATE as hell.  Holy shit man...

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'd say the best ones are those who teach self improvement first and foremost. Not just money or status wise, but improving yourself as a person.  As the old saying goes, if you build it they will come. Build yourself into someone women want to be around and that's half the battle won.

Because Halo effect is a very real thing. What comes off as cringe or creepy, can also come off as charmingly awkward or bold. And the difference is that initial attraction that comes from your appearance and vibe. 

I'd also say the worst advice. Comes from those who either treat women like a monithic group. Thus try to provide cookie cutter one size fits all solutions to attract women. Or those who try to tell you, you are the prize. That last one is the worst.

No one is the prize. We all eat, shit and sleep just line the next person. Have our flaws, and what not. No one should be seen as the prize. Because that implies you or them are the valuable one in the relationship or interaction. Thus creates a power dynamic that hurts the one that views themselves as "lucky" to be around the other person.

ysCUYIJ.gif

I don't think I could agree more if I tried.