Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

9 minutes ago, Angel said:

The art of the deal right there tubb

I mean, fuck man... 

I wish I was kidding when I said that this exact thing has happened to me multiple times. 

I just want some dough to put aside for when I don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops and sell my soul to buy a PS5. 

Luckily for me that day seems to be far in the future, ya boy got some patience 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Facebook marketplace is full of doorknob licking idiots. 

Selling a guitar for $600 for local pickup

potential buyer: Hey man, willing to trade or move on price?

Me: No trades, but I'll move on the price, or I throw in a effects pedals at the current price 

PB: cool, $400 and the pedal?

Me: Not what I said, but I'll do $500 and the pedal (I'm too fucking nice to these goons)

PB: Great! Can you deliver to me tomorrow? 

Me: Sure, where are you at? 

PB: I live 3 hours away. 

Me: I hate you so much. 

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?! 

Similar stuff happens in some of these Transformers Facebook groups. People forget that just because Amazon ships for free doesn't mean that the same rule applies for the average Joe. You're scalping if you add $10 over retail because shipping. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

This doesn't make any sense to me. How can you have a sequel to a final game?

"There is no episode 7"

-George Lucas.

Money always changes things. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What kind of guitar are you selling?

a Univox hi flyer phase 3. Bought it three-ish years ago for like $300. They go for $1000-1200 now, so I'm giving it away for a song at $600. I'll add it's the only black one I can find for sale anywhere. 

But these mo-mo thumb sucking idiots always wanna try to make a deal. 

I'm also selling a AC15 dirt cheap and everyone wants me to knock $100 off the price and drive at least an hour to deliver it to them. 

Edited by KingTubb
42 minutes ago, Angel said:

I can't help but ask but how many of you transformer heads are into the Brave series as well?

I never got around to watching it. 

35 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

But these mo-mo thumb sucking idiots always wanna try to make a deal. 

I am all for making a deal, but if you know the value of an item and it's already priced well, there is no reason to be a dick and lowball?

8 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

but if you know the value of an item and it's already priced well, there is no reason to be a dick and lowball?

Exactly, it's exploitative. The only reason someone would take the deals they offer is if they're in dire straights and need that cash immediately. 

Take 5 seconds and google the item and put "used" after it. When you realize that what I have listed is at least 20% less than the going rate, shut the fuck up and take the deal you crooked boner. 

Edited by KingTubb
Just now, KingTubb said:

And only a thumb sucking idiot would try to lowball someone already giving one

Naw dude. I'm gonna see if you'll go lower. What you gonna do, say no? Great I've lost nothing. 

You always ask for a deal, even on somethi g already a deal. They may just say yes because as you pointed out they may really need the money in which case I get a double deal. 

Stop being upset that people are trying to get as much for their money as they possibly can. You sound like a baby who doesn't have the skin for the second hand market. 

Frankly you're the one who kinda fucked up by setting the price so damn low. You closed yourself out to any kind of negotiation and the second hand market runs on negotiation. Bow you're upset people want to negotiate when you're the one who low called yourself. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Stop being upset that people are trying to get as much for their money as they possibly can. You sound like a baby who doesn't have the skin for the second hand market

I guess I don't🤷‍♀️

I just don't like when people are shitty. I totally understand asking for a lower price, but when I agree, then you say that you want me to drive 6 hours round trip to deliver it, you're a fucking asshole. 

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Facebook marketplace is full of doorknob licking idiots. 

Selling a guitar for $600 for local pickup

potential buyer: Hey man, willing to trade or move on price?

Me: No trades, but I'll move on the price, or I throw in a effects pedals at the current price 

PB: cool, $400 and the pedal?

Me: Not what I said, but I'll do $500 and the pedal (I'm too fucking nice to these goons)

PB: Great! Can you deliver to me tomorrow? 

Me: Sure, where are you at? 

PB: I live 3 hours away. 

Me: I hate you so much. 

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?! 

All right, I won't barter. I'll give you the $600. Just bring it to me down here in South Florida.

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Univox hi flyer phase 3.

Sick.  Cobain liked those guitars. And I've always wanted a VOX, great British sounding natural overdrive in those.  I'm rocking a Fender Hot Rod DeVille these days.  I got it a few months before the pandemic hit because I wanted to gig with it.  Kinda wish I had gone with a Deluxe, or even the Blues Jr now.  60 watts in a tube amp is way overkill and I can't dial it in to the sweet edge-of-breakup spot without playing for the entire neighborhood 😂

Thank god for guitar pedals!

Just now, KingTubb said:

I guess I don't🤷‍♀️

I just don't like when people are shitty. I totally understand asking for a lower price, but when I agree, then you say that you want me to drive 6 hours round trip to deliver it, you're a fucking asshole. 

Well he's not trying to be your friend. I get what you're saying I just don't understand getting heated by it. Tell him no and keep it moving. 

You just never stop wheeling and dealing. Maybe I have a different perspective but growing up my great uncle was a very successful auctioneer and that dude could deals on top of deals and favors and all kinds of shit and it's because he ran on the mantra that the deal isn't ever over until money changes hands. The deal can always change. 

16 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

60 watts in a tube amp is way overkill and I can't dial it in to the sweet edge-of-breakup spot without playing for the entire neighborhood

For real. Headphone jacks are a godsend, but it'll end up sounding neutered without coming through a 10"-12" speaker. 

Part of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the AC15, I have a smaller "bedroom" amp that sounds plenty good to play around at home with, doesn't need to be loud to sound good, and is a 10th of the size. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

I just don't understand getting heated by it

I was annoyed cause the dude was a turd, I told him no and moved on, and that was that. 

I wanted to share/vent about the audacity of going to the FB market place for Columbus, then asking a seller to drive 3 hours to Pittsburgh to deliver you what you want. It's in the rules for the group that you need to reside within the greater area to participate. 

I thought it was a funny story🤷‍♀️ Figure I'd put it here

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

No real reason for HUGE amps to exist anymore honestly. None of playing a packed theater. 

And even then, with in-ears and how good the house is set up and who you have mixing, you don't need that big of an amp. 

But some guys will say they need the "headroom" or whatever. 

13 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I may be old school, but I don't think anything can quite beat the sound and response of some overdriven tubes

I 100% agree, modeling has gotten pretty good over the last decade, but it's still an imitation. Also, something about warming an amp for half an hour or so and it sounding better is kinda magical. But that's also guitar mumbo jumbo that people argue on the internet isn't actually a thing (like tone woods) 

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Tube amps sound warmer imo. 

Yeah, they seem to be able to do midrange punch better than solid state. 

Unless you're one of those that worship at the alter of Dimebag and scoop everything 

7 hours ago, Angel said:

Anyone that cosigns shit like what happened to that kid needs to just go ahead and log off and find the nearest puddle of piss to drown themselves in. 

FB_IMG_1612276000312.jpg

The article didn't mention race but I mean, most of us knew it wasn't going to be a white kid. The kid could have been any other race, black seemed the most probably but I certainly have come to expect every race other than whites to get abused by cops, children or otherwise.

Hell even the MAGA dickheads when they stormed the Capitol started complaining about police abuse, despite the fact that they weren't getting shot at or tear gassed the way everyone else does at peaceful events during an outright invasion. Partly because a good chunk of GOP welcomed them in and they had a bunch of law enforcement within their ranks. That's just America.

Blue states/large cities mitigate issues somewhat but don't erase them entirely of course. This abuse of power happens plenty in liberal cities as well. There's just no winning if you're a minority in the US. Hell I remember when that rich guy got profiled in his own neighborhood during Obama's term. The white power structure wasn't about to bow down even during a black President, so they glossed it right over after.

To this day I still don't understand why minorities come to the US.

Does Youtube just not recommend risque videos for your front page, even if you've given similar ones a like?

I gave the thumbs up to a gang of swimsuit/lingerie haul videos, just to see what the algorithm would do. Nothing.

Meanwhile, if I so much as look near something non-sexual, I have to hit the "don't recommend" button to get that shit out of my feed. I remember last year around the time The Last of Us 2 was coming out: I watched one anti-sjw video and had to power wash my front page of that filth afterward. So many recommendations.

Edited by axeman61
13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Man someone at Sony really wants us to buy MK11.

There is a tournament stream  almost every day on their official youtube channel.

for real.  I've been seeing them pop up on youtube everytime I hit refresh.  I wonder if I'm too late to get into it though.  The last time I played was MK3 in the arcade. 

I like and respect Queen Latifah,  for what she has done in Hip Hop. Especially for the ladies. And her grind all these years. But this...

Nah bruh lol. Set it off was perfect casting. It had more realistic action for her character and she was very convincing as that character. But pure over the top action hero??? Did ya see the way she ran from that explosion??? 

6 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

for real.  I've been seeing them pop up on youtube everytime I hit refresh.  I wonder if I'm too late to get into it though.  The last time I played was MK3 in the arcade. 

Nah it's cool, populated well on PS4/5/PC that I can tell and has active stuff, plus rumors of a new round of DLC Fighters.

Hell it is on sale on PSN 40% off starting today for the Ultimate bundle.

checking on this History of Swear Words, finally---there's a cute little blondie comedian on there I forget the name of... but yeah I'd pounce that one...I notice she has a little blonde "peach fuzz" on the arms....that's alright with me.  However, she has a nose-ring though...that's a no-no right there; point deduction.  Fortunately that is a flaw that can be removed.  Sarah Silverman is also on there... a shame she's noticeably older now, but still looking good enough, imo.

haha this episode about the word "pussy" is funny...before this was an episode about the word "dick"----hilarious political moment they brought up was a time when a guy named DICK SWETT ran for Congress...and of course he won.

ah, "Damn" is the next one--- something that would seem odd to younger generations... one of the notable "shocking" things about The Simpsons was that Bart Simpson occasionally used the word "damn".  Heh, funny that this was a big deal to hear on prime-time television at that time.

Edited by MillionX