Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Where you living now, Stu? Seriously no decent artists around??

I’m still in Arkansas, unfortunately. 

I’ll find some decent artists but they end up not having the exact style I want, they aren’t good at a certain aspect (colors/faces/etc) or they have no issues and actually show off racist tattoos theyve done. No thank you. Lol

my sister who is now in Oklahoma found an amazing artist there that’s pretty much everything I want but the artist is almost a 5 hour drive from where I live. So sad trombone noises 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Yeah. It’s unfortunate. I found one dude that was everything I wanted when it came to a certain tattoo I was wanting. But as I was flipping through his portfolio there were a lot of nazi tattoos and racist tattoos. 

naw fam. 

Pretty fucked up... But.. Arkansas, so yea. lol

Sucks dude.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Ugh this is so true. My kid acting like every day is a new opportunity to do the milk crate challenge on anything with height 😭

My daughter probably hurt herself once or twice as a toddler.  My son will straight up yolo off the back of the couch and I have made some sports center worthy dive catches to stop him from busting his head on the floor.  Kid has absolutely no fear of injury or death.

Edited by J-ride

AngryMan on with another one

hilarious... so some publication/site appears to have jumped the gun in assuming Venus had finally hooked up with this successful Formula-1 racer (dude is worth nearly a billion!)....but that guy left with a smokin hot OnlyFans model that same night, actually.

goddamn yeah this girl Janet Guzman is ridiculous....hahaha yeah Venus you can't compete with that 🤣

edit--and Dr. Umar Johnson apparently married 2 women recently?! (thought that was illegal in the U.S.)....and yeah, of course they look terrible.

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, Scanman said:

1) no meditating every day (just 5 minutes)

Make an event of this. If you have a partner, try and go stargazing together. I like to climb onto roofs and sit on ledges and just meditate there. Meditating will always be done for the sake of meditating, but when you make it a discipline with attached mannerisms, it becomes a personal art that will motivate you to perfect your focus in new conditions. Work hard, sir.

21 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Cold as fuck LOL 😂 .

Honestly I wasn't even being cold, just honest. When a person is legit into you, you don't have to twist their arm to get them to spend time or do  things for you, and they'll usually do it without you asking 

The fact that women tell us men this but don't seem recognize it when the tables turn is baffling 

had to get another one in there... Netflix Presents https://imgflip.com/i/5n9c6p 

Say that catchphrase! https://imgflip.com/i/5n9f9c eh, only fans of The State would remember though.

That fart https://imgflip.com/i/5n9gqw

I look forward to this damn month being over...*maybe* I can get some time off in October for a change... people wouldn't understand what a goddamn drain it's become ever since the pandemic... this is on top of being cursed with this shit-ass system we've been using for the past 5 years...and oh yes it has been a non-stop shit-show for every bit of the 5 years.  it's Bethesda-levels of stupidity that application.  There's things that make absolutely no logical sense that others probably wouldn't believe (or understand) if I told them.  

DAMN. Are you in the same area as when cuts weren't that much? I moved 3 years ago to a slightly better part of my state, and haircuts/shaves cost 25 at the least. In my old city they ran 20 at the most. Price doesn't make that much difference to me (I get haircuts once a month at best), but maybe it's the area.

And I'm late, but holy shit at Nicki Minaj and that BS cousin testicle story. That anyone with legitimate scientific backing (like the Trinidad minister of health) has to debunk that is wild. I'm slowly moving towards not caring anymore about a vaccine mandate. Despite basking in the Herman Cain Award subreddit, I try to have respect for "anti-vaxxers" who are really just on the fence or vaccine-hesitant (i.e. not hardcore). But when I hear bullshit like that it makes me think "somebody could die, because someone didn't get a jab, because of a story like THAT"? I know most people with sense said "HA-HA" to that shit, but COVID's just happy to infect, no matter how many people it gets.

Edited by axeman61
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Why in the fuck are barber shops charging so fucking much? I get pandemic prices but legit my barber went to a new shop that has you pregister online for what you want. Nigga a haircut and a shave is $70

Yea, I noticed that down here, I wonder if some type of barber's union  mandate deal. I remember being a kid and an entire cut being $10, now that 10 won't even get you a line up. 

Times like this I'm glad I grew my hair out, I get my dreads retwisted once a month or every two months, with a line up every two weeks to save money

sheeeitttt, that's why I'm happy to continue cutting my own hair; I don't have any kind of "fancy" style that requires much maintenance at all, really.  It's been such a long time that I've forgotten how much it costed to get a cut at the local barbershop... haha that was back when I was still a kid. (*maybe around 10 to 12 bucks, I think..?  ..but that was way back then; late 80s to early 90s) The last time was at some point in 8th grade, I think... in high school I had a friend cutting hair, then a family member who did it for free, then in college I started doing that myself.  Electric shavers/clippers actually last a long time, so it's definitely a little investment that pays for itself several times over.  The previous set lasted me at least 15+ years... it was only last year I finally had to buy a new one... price was still about the same... I saw shaver/trimmer set for around 20 to 25 bucks in a Walmart.  Naturally the other bonus is in not being bound to a barber's schedule, of course.  I should've been keeping a record over the years of how much money this has saved me 😆

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

DAMN. Are you in the same area as when cuts weren't that much? I moved 3 years ago to a slightly better part of my state, and haircuts/shaves cost 25 at the least. In my old city they ran 20 at the most. Price doesn't make that much difference to me (I get haircuts once a month at best), but maybe it's the area.

And I'm late, but holy shit at Nicki Minaj and that BS cousin testicle story. That anyone with legitimate scientific backing (like the Trinidad minister of health) has to debunk that is wild. I'm slowly moving towards not caring anymore about a vaccine mandate. Despite basking in the Herman Cain Award subreddit, I try to have respect for "anti-vaxxers" who are really just on the fence or vaccine-hesitant (i.e. not hardcore). But when I hear bullshit like that it makes me think "somebody could die, because someone didn't get a jab, because of a story like THAT"? I know most people with sense said "HA-HA" to that shit, but COVID's just happy to infect, no matter how many people it gets.

Nah I live in a suburban hood. Mass used to be mad cheap for haircuts but since the pandemic every spot charging you and arm and leg. I ended up going to a place down the street.. Haircut.. Honestly it's just cleaning up because I dreads so it's not truly a haircut. Plus cleaning up my beard ended up being $45 plus tip $48 altogether. 

Everyone bumped their prices up due to cleaning fees plus prob make back some of the money lost being closed. 

In regards to Nicki.. It seems like the more likely story was it was meant to be a distraction. Her husband was facing up to 10 years for not registering as a sex offender. It's jokingly why she didn't perform at the vmas because people said its near a chuck e cheese lol

Edited by Maxx

So while I was at Walmart grabbing stuff for my mom I ran into one of my old managers. She asked me if I was still looking for a job. I said “sorta, but in a pretty limited capacity” 

she asked what I meant by that and I said “Well, I’d have to have the type of schedule I had when I was here originally (working only three days a week, which were Friday, Saturday and Sunday) because of my disability hasn’t changed cause you know, it can’t, and I’m basically my moms care taker right now. So I have to have a set schedule” 

She replied “None of that is a problem. We made it work for the years your were here and we can easily make it work again. people rarely actually want to work those days anyways so we always need the coverage. So just fill out an application again and call us the next day and we’ll make it happen” 

I’m conflicted cause I don’t want to go back to more of the same. But like, I need money for my own personal needs, I need to get out of the house more outside of running errands for my mom or dad or a doctors appointment. I also think it could be “better” this time around as my mental and emotional health have done a total 180 since then. So I know I won’t be as volatile and hostile towards a lot of things that I was before. 

it’s also exactly what I want when it comes to hours and days plus Walmart doesn’t really pay that bad. Though they just did get rid of quarterly bonuses. Which is stupid and dumb and stupid. 

we’ll see 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

sheeeitttt, that's why I'm happy to continue cutting my own hair; I don't have any kind of "fancy" style that requires much maintenance at all, really.  It's been such a long time that I've forgotten how much it costed to get a cut at the local barbershop... haha that was back when I was still a kid. (*maybe around 10 to 12 bucks, I think..?  ..but that was way back then; late 80s to early 90s) The last time was at some point in 8th grade, I think... in high school I had a friend cutting hair, then a family member who did it for free, then in college I started doing that myself.  Electric shavers/clippers actually last a long time, so it's definitely a little investment that pays for itself several times over.  The previous set lasted me at least 15+ years... it was only last year I finally had to buy a new one... price was still about the same... I saw shaver/trimmer set for around 20 to 25 bucks in a Walmart.  Naturally the other bonus is in not being bound to a barber's schedule, of course.  I should've been keeping a record over the years of how much money this has saved me 😆

My dad started cutting his own hair about 10 years ago because he got tired of going to the local barber, having to wait an extra 20 minutes when the guy's sign said he'd be back at noon and he wasn't, having someone else run up and jump the imaginary line, or having to fix things the barber missed. He actually does a good job and you wouldn't know he didn't go somewhere to get it done.  "Flowbee Freedom" he calls it 😂 

My wife got me a package at one of those Boardroom places. For $900 you can go as many times as you want and they generally do a really good job, so I'd go every two weeks and with what they charge, it pays for itself in a few months if you go that often. 

38 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

When I go on a short trip, one of the things I'm always trying to decide is if it's worth bringing my Switch with me or just bringing a Bluetooth controller to hook up to my phone especially if I'm trying to pack really light. 

Man, the Switch is with me pretty much 99% of the time...sometimes this includes places where I most likely won't have time to play anything...on those occasions it's a "just in case" sort of thing, I suppose...or maybe just habit.  

Imagine what it's like for kids during the Switch era though... kids have way more opportunities to play portable...thinking back to my childhood:

-all those times when I was sitting in church....against my will since kids don't have a say in that shit.  I'd definitely have Switch with me every Sunday.

-any road trips, since y'know...the parents are the ones doing the driving all the time....there's plenty of times I remember tagging along just for no real reason.

-The school situation--> elementary school, there's that period of time before the building is open...at my school they'd have us just in line outside.  Then of course there's lunch and recess, and the walk to and from school, etc.  In junior high it would've been a bad idea though, as that's when my peers were mostly "Deebo" pieces of shit, which taught me the early lesson in life that most people are trash that are unworthy of respect and cannot be trusted.  Then there's the school assemblies... though I imagine it being easy to get caught since the screen would stand out once they turn the auditorium lights low.  In high school there's that "Homeroom" period where not much is going on.  

Then there's graduation, guest speakers and other programs... list goes on...  sheeeeitttt, to have been a kid again in this era of gaming...too bad the pandemic ruined everything in 2020 though.  Later on in undergrad years, there's plenty of game-time there as well.

...that's another great thing with college, actually---during the undergrad years, that's when a person *typically* has one of the best daily schedules they will ever enjoy in life...sometimes your day doesn't even start until a 9:30 or 10am class...and some days you might have a gap of nothing in the schedule, or a whole day off, or your last class ends at 12, etc.  Then again, during those years...you're also surrounded by an absurdly high concentration of ridiculously gorgeous people...so a Switch might take a backseat to other activities... 

6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

As much as the Switch “is” a portable system I’ve never seen it as one. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve used it portably. 

Thats what makes it great. You dont see it as one but Million does, and I see it as a hybrid as Ive used both pretty extensively (recently been playing Okami Portable and this is honestly the way the way play this game from now on imo) but I use docked a ton to.

16 minutes ago, iStu X said:

As much as the Switch “is” a portable system I’ve never seen it as one. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve used it portably. 

COVID has sort of wiped out my portable scenarios. Mostly for me it was when I went to the movies or when I was getting my car serviced. I'll probably bust out the Switch tomorrow morning when I get my car serviced.

11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Thats what makes it great. You dont see it as one but Million does, and I see it as a hybrid as Ive used both pretty extensively (recently been playing Okami Portable and this is honestly the way the way play this game from now on imo) but I use docked a ton to.

Oh I know. It’s just super uncomfortable for me to hold or try to navigate cause of the neuropathy in my hand. If it wasn’t for that I’d probably take it everywhere with me too. 

Just now, iStu X said:

Oh I know. It’s just super uncomfortable for me to hold or try to navigate cause of the neuropathy in my hand. If it wasn’t for that I’d probably take it everywhere with me too. 

Have you thought about getting a Grip for it? Ive thought about it many times cuz as much I love my Switch, the Joycons have no meat for my Sasquach Hands to hold onto and just having Playstation style humps under the joycons from a Grip I feel would make a real world of difference. Of course just a feeling, I dont actually have one yet, but its deffintly a thought no?

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yeah I see a lot of people with them especially at the airport. It's cool that it gives you that type of flexibility and I wish they'd had something like it when I was on the road. 

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

004A2C88-2364-451E-818E-A8AE0093F254.jpeg

The fucking country of Trinidad called her ass out. That shit was fucking hilarious.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/16/americas/nicki-minaj-vaccine-story-false-scli-intl/index.html

"One of the reasons why we could not respond yesterday in real-time to Miss Minaj is that we had to check and make sure that what she was claiming was either true or false. Unfortunately, we wasted so much time yesterday running down this false claim," Deyalsingh said.