Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Pimp down pimp down. 

Looks i did get really good rona. 🤷🏾 Finally got my test results 5-7 fucking buisness days later. Lmfao. So far not an issie this time around... Thought it was just a cold with a mild fever. (oh look its doing what it said the vaccine should make it do). Lmfao 

A few of my friends got omicron and they went through a wayy worse time. As long as my fever goes away by the weekend i should be good. 

But he most annoying part is schools are doing rapids and im worried im gonna still show Positive even though ill be good

Edited by Maxx

@MillionXYeah she was on some disingenuous, revisionist history bullshit. I mean didn't they hire the playmate of the year to work at G4. The blonde...can't remember her name. G4 is pretending that wasn't the case is a joke and WTF is up with Adam Sessler pretending that he wasn't here for it. Dude was there clapping with everyone else. Motherfuckers acting like the shit they did isn't on video. 

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MillionXYeah she was on some disingenuous, revisionist history bullshit. I mean didn't they hire the playmate of the year to work at G4. The blonde...can't remember her name. G4 is pretending that wasn't the case is a joke and WTF is up with Adam Sessler pretending that he wasn't here for it. Dude was there clapping with everyone else. Motherfuckers acting like the shit they did isn't on video. 

Oh you know I remember like it was yesterday---Sarah Underwood.  I've kept tabs on Sarah ever since....it's annoying that a lot of her pics on the 'gram are always shot so far away, as if she's shy about something... 

..anyway, funny thing is that Sarah wasn't even the hottest girl on the G4 lineup, imo.  My top picks were definitely Olivia, Layla Kayleigh, Andy Allo and Kristin Holt.

Spider-man Drinking Game (Comics)..

Take a shot when....

Peter is in his apt wearing his costume and is almost discovered by Aunt May/or friends

Spidey is falling to his doom and runs out of web fluid

He resolves to quit being  Spider-man ..for all of 5 minutes

He fights a villain based on an animal (it will  get ya drunk)

Jameson rips Pete off on pics

Robbie prevents JJJ from being sued or gives good advice to Pete

Peter makes very decade specific pop culture references (Fats domino, Kung fu fighting, etc)

In a 60-80s comic, Flash, Ned Leeds,or Lance Bannon have miscolored hair

Aunt May reminds Pete to take his umbrella and galoshes for fear of getting cold and uses the term "pussywillow" instead of pussycat

MJ talks like Austin Powers

Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn get very convenient amnesia.

For a light-hearted character, his greatest stories involve someone dying and exhiibiting very grim behavior

A high ranking police captain turns out to be an ally after suffering a tragic fate

He teams up or gets assistance from Human Torch or FF.

His costume gets messed due to improperly washing it

A villain is replaced by a son/daughter and cannot match the effectiveness of their predecessor

A villain has a mostly green costume/clothing

a girl tries to pull an unsuspecting Peter into relationship drama with their lover

The mystery behind a villain's identity lasts too long and is unsatisfying when revealed

Spider-man shoots webbing to Jameson or Kingpin's chair for a cheap laugh

Spider-man gains a new costume after the year 1990

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

UC Irvine Puts Out a List of ‘Inclusive’ Words, Bans Terms Like ‘Grandfathered’ and ‘Tone Deaf’

"People like C.S. Lewis spinning in his grave.”

Figures it would be UC Irvine of all place 🤣

Seriously though, if someone insists I refer to them as they or them I would, but I'm not going to purposely use shit grammar when I'm a writer of all things just to not offend some theoretical person they're talking about. I even put punctuation in my texts so they can fuck off lol

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I love at the end of the video.you can see Jirards hands in the left side of the frame doing the sloooowest clap lol. Poor dude looks so uncomfortable. I feel bad for.him. He works so hard to try and make this game th ING a career and he keeps getting this kinda shit dumped on him when he branches out. 

3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Figures it would be UC Irvine of all place 🤣

Seriously though, if someone insists I refer to them as they or them I would, but I'm not going to purposely use shit grammar when I'm a writer of all things just to not offend some theoretical person they're talking about. I even put punctuation in my texts so they can fuck off lol

I told someone that with all the new lingo out here, we need a grace period. The standard English dictionary has had "they" being plural practically forever.  That's not something that I can just implement on a whim. We gotta go back to grade school to unlearn the singular/plural pronouns chart.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
13 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I told someone that with all the new lingo out here, we need a grace period. The standard English dictionary has had "they" being plural practically forever.  That's not something that I can just implement on a whim. We gotta go back to grade school to unlearn the singular/plural pronouns chart.

Yeah, man.  I have a hard time not twitching when I see someone refer to a single person as "they."  It's an involuntary response due to years of education. 

Why are "they" and "them" the pronouns people who can't decide if they're male or female use? Those pronouns indicate plurality.  

Why not use "it" instead? That seems to make more sense. 

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah, man.  I have a hard time not twitching when I see someone refer to a single person as "they."  It's an involuntary response due to years of education. 

Why are "they" and "them" the pronouns people who can't decide if they're male or female use? Those pronouns indicate plurality.  

Why not use "it" instead? That seems to make more sense. 

There is negative connotation to "it". That said why not come up with new words altogether. Using existing terms that are often used in everyday conversation is inviting avoidable issues. 

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

This G4 nonsense is ridiculous.  You can't be the same network that had women dressing up like schoolgirls for views then turn around and stand on some moral high ground, GTFO.  Bunch of pearl clutching lying ass fakes.

meh you can because times have changed. what was acceptable then isnt acceptable now. shit it gets you sued in alot of cases. so you gotta keep moving with the bareometer your fans set because they are the ones who are watching and supporting.

this is what alottttt of buisnesses are learning. social media basically wasnt a thing then, so most couldnt even voice their dismay on a large worldwide scene like you can now. its more or less like how vince mcmahon thought wearing a durag and saying the n word on events was funny. if he did that today his stock would fuckinggg plummet and wwe loves walking the line but you will never see them that kinda line ever again.

peacock network is taking all the questionable content from wwe history off the streaming platform. every company is doin this sorta thing. why are we pretending like this isnt normal behavior? are we expecting companies to stay the same the entire time while society changes? language changes and evolves. and what we accept and understand as proper and ok things also changes.

24 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Seriously though, if someone insists I refer to them as they or them I would, but I'm not going to purposely use shit grammar when I'm a writer of all things just to not offend some theoretical person they're talking about.

Weirdly, a theoretical person is exactly the instance where English grammar is perfectly fine with they/them for a single person (see bolded words in quote).

Honestly, sometimes I think the bigger problem is that English is a really stupid language.

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

meh you can because times have changed. what was acceptable then isnt acceptable now. shit it gets you sued in alot of cases. so you gotta keep moving with the bareometer your fans set because they are the ones who are watching and supporting.

this is what alottttt of buisnesses are learning. social media basically wasnt a thing then, so most couldnt even voice their dismay on a large worldwide scene like you can now. its more or less like how vince mcmahon thought wearing a durag and saying the n word on events was funny. if he did that today his stock would fuckinggg plummet and wwe loves walking the line but you will never see them that kinda line ever again.

peacock network is taking all the questionable content from wwe history off the streaming platform. every company is doin this sorta thing. why are we pretending like this isnt normal behavior? are we expecting companies to stay the same the entire time while society changes? language changes and evolves. and what we accept and understand as proper and ok things also changes.

That's not the issue. The issue lying about how things were in the past. Olivia Munn was on G4 purely because of her appearance and often did sexually charged skits. No matter how times have changed it doesn't change the fact that Olivia Munn there specifically for sexual appeal and they played into that. When you blatantly lie to prove your point, you tank the credibility of your argument. That's what she did.

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Weirdly, a theoretical person is exactly the instance where English grammar is perfectly fine with they/them for a single person (see bolded words in quote).

Honestly, sometimes I think the bigger problem is that English is a really stupid language.

My understanding has always been that if it's a person of undisclosed gender/a theoretical person, "them" is where you'd use that. But if I were talking about someone, for instance, "If Reticently wants me to call him "they" I can do that."

The "they're" in my other post was referring to a group i.e. UC Irvine grammar/pronoun nazis.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's not the issue. The issue lying about how things were in the past. Olivia Munn was on G4 purely because of her appearance and often did sexually charged skits. No matter how times have changed it doesn't change the fact that Olivia Munn there specifically for sexual appeal and they played into that. When you blatantly lie to prove your point, you tank the credibility of your argument. That's what she did.

where does the lie start because i took her implying she wasnt bangable as past hosts.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The problem I have with a lot of it is not that they do it, but that they only really do it because it sells. It's like how Coke will change their logo to a rainbow during Pride month everywhere EXCEPT in places that are really anti-gay. So they don't do it because they believe in it, they do it because they believe it fosters a feeling of good will with customers. It's like someone pretending to like things you like and wanting to be your friend not because they like YOU, but because they want something from you.

Edited by DoctaMario

Yeah, my understanding matches yours, it just strikes me as dumb that the word that is perfectly correct when you don't know who you are talking about becomes completely wrong when you do know who you are talking about, except when it turns out that you're talking about plural people.  Like what the fuck sense are these rules even trying to make?  Never even mind the *royal* 'we'.

Edited by Reticently
4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Is Spanish going to be considered offensive language now because all nouns in Spanish are either masculine or feminine?

Have you heard of the term "latinx" because that is exactly what is supposed to address and it also pisses off every latino I know. I was on discord over Christmas and dude spontaneously when in on latinx. I've never met anyone, in person, that is down with that term. 

Edit: It's gotten so bad that even mainstream news sites have finally gotten the message. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Have you heard of the term "latinx" because that is exactly what is supposed to address and it also pisses off every latino I know. I was on discord over Christmas and dude spontaneously when in on latinx. I've never met anyone, in person, that is done with that term. 

Bruh, it's the same here. I really wonder who initiated that term?

18 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I just call everyone ma'am.  I saw a youtube video where this dude got really pissed off that people weren't calling him ma'am.  So I just call everyone ma'am.  To be safe.

ive always called women ma'am because thats how i was brought up by my mom. but now i got two camps....

1. who know the history of the word and go into madam aka hoes territory

or

2. people who thing its an age thing and not a respect thing. so they think if you call them ma'am, you're implying their old.

27 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, my understanding matches yours, it just strikes me as dumb that the word that is perfectly correct when you don't know who you are talking about becomes completely wrong when you do know who you are talking about, except when it turns out that you're talking about plural people.  Like what the fuck sense are these rules even trying to make?  Never even mind the *royal* 'we'.

Using the gendered pronouns is more descriptive which is why, I think,  they're more "correct" if you know who you're talking about. "They" is basically a third option to just calling a mixed gendered group, "guys" I guess.

The "royal we" is about intimidation, at least in my opinion.

Goddamn, went to a friends clinic for a "quick" tooth extraction, long story short, it was a tooth i had an endodontic procedure like 2 or 3 years ago, but started giving problems again.

What in theory would have been something done in 30 mins took like 2 hours because the fucking roots of the tooth were glued to the skull, i could feel her frustration and it was clear that was exhausted.

Now that the anesthesia is fading i can feel all the trouble the damn thing gave 🤣

26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Have you heard of the term "latinx" because that is exactly what is supposed to address and it also pisses off every latino I know. I was on discord over Christmas and dude spontaneously when in on latinx. I've never met anyone, in person, that is down with that term. 

Edit: It's gotten so bad that even mainstream news sites have finally gotten the message. 

The term latinx is so badly received that people get really offended and pissed about it.

To put things in perspective.

Most people don't care about being called slurs and find them funny, but latinx? that shit is offensive.

Most people consider it an actual slur by now.

You can see on tweets made by companies that use it, latinos asking to be called actual slurs instead, since that shit is not as offensive as latinx 🤣

14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Goddamn, went to a friends clinic for a "quick" tooth extraction, long story short, it was a tooth i had an endodontic procedure like 2 or 3 years ago, but started giving problems again.

What in theory would have been something done in 30 mins took like 2 hours because the fucking roots of the tooth were glued to the skull, i could feel her frustration and it was clear that was exhausted.

That was how my wisdom teeth were when they pulled them out (the roots were even hook shaped LOL)

It also left a faint clacking in my jaw

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The term latinx is so badly received that people get really offended and pissed about it.

To put things in perspective.

Most people don't care about being called slurs and find them funny, but latinx? that shit is offensive.

Most people consider it an actual slur by now.

You can see on tweets made by companies that use it, latinos asking to be called actual slurs instead, since that shit is not as offensive as latinx 🤣

Well it seems to me, from talking to the Mexicans that surround me on all sides, that Latino can mean you're from a WHOLE lotta different places and cultures and using LatinX robs them of the nuance of their culture and identity and hodgepodges them all together into one group when they are really quite different.

If my interpretation is correct then I can kinda sympathize since all white people get lumped together as being white when its really far more nuanced then that. Honestly is for every race and culture across the planet. I work in a Sushi Resturant that employes Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Taiwanese people all at once and man they are all sooooooo fucking different from one another.

I'm curious how the transgender hispanic folks feel about the word Latinx, actually...  initially, I thought that term was invented by the (most likely White and others who aren't even Latino/hispanic) Libs who were keeping those people in mind...like perhaps they assumed "Latino" and "Latina" would be offensive or "not inclusive enough" for them.....it's such an odd thing, for many reasons----basically a "here, let us fix that problematic culture and language you got there... there, isn't that better?

That G4 thing again--- that blow-up from the other day actually surprised me... because I thought G4 has been and still is a crew of people who were pretty open-minded and aware of all kinds of the usual "spicy" commentary you tend to get online... particularly from a young male audience.  I figured that most or all of them would be the sort of people that would laugh along with all that shit like "haha look what this loser said in chat just now....LOL..."  ....well, apparently not, at least in her case.  I heard they've closed the live-chat for future streams apparently? 🤣  They know what kind of storm is brewing at this point, I guess...

Edited by MillionX
15 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I thought G4 shut down like 5-6 years ago. 

Are they even relevant with all these dedicated gaming channels on YouTube and other platforms like twitch?

I thought there were only a few shows and then COPS the rest of the time.

They just came back. I think they are because its a centralized place to get all the gaming stuff in one place. 

Having 100 gaming channels can be overwhelming alot of the times. 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Is Spanish going to be considered offensive language now because all nouns in Spanish are either masculine or feminine?

There's a growing number of younger generation latin/Hispanics that want to really change this

At work almost every manager is adopting (like it or not) putting pronouns on their signatures and for assistant supervisors like myself most tags now have them under the name. I opted out and for my area I'm one of maybe 2/3 that didn't do pronouns.

Coworkers - why don't you have your preferred pronouns Infernoman?🤔

Me - you can just use my name like you all have been doing for years?🙃

Coworkers - you don't want someone to misgender you do you?🤔

Me - trust me, no one will. 😉

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well it seems to me, from talking to the Mexicans that surround me on all sides, that Latino can mean you're from a WHOLE lotta different places and cultures and using LatinX robs them of the nuance of their culture and identity and hodgepodges them all together into one group when they are really quite different.

If my interpretation is correct then I can kinda sympathize since all white people get lumped together as being white when its really far more nuanced then that. Honestly is for every race and culture across the planet. I work in a Sushi Resturant that employes Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Taiwanese people all at once and man they are all sooooooo fucking different from one another.

Wow....and they all get along?