Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

The "no opposite sex friends" rule makes sense for both parties.  I doubt most people would be comfortable with their significant other spending any significant time alone with another person like that... if so that's a person that's leaving the door wide open for future cheating, imo.... like showing up in a random hood from *Memphis with a fancy convertible with a laptop and other expensive items out on the backseat and just parking there, leaving the car unsupervised for a few hours.... then being surprised at the inevitable results.  I'd put the same hypothetical to both men and women--- imagine your wife says "Oh it's nothing to worry about... just me and Dave going out this weekend to a comedy show." or "What's the big deal? He's just a friend... you don't trust me?  Yes we're in the same hotel room for the whole weekend...just us...that doesn't mean anything though..."  Ha, yeah ok.

*cheap shots at that shit-hole Memphis... never stops being fun and satisfying.

....anyway, I'll say friends are "ok" but with some pretty damn strict limitations.  My closest friend and his wife; we've all been friends for a long time, like 20+ years.... but I'm sure he'd NOT be ok with me and her hanging out alone for any significant amount of time.

Edited by MillionX
6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't have a no opposite sex friends rule with my wife and she even used to keep in contact and talk to her ex.  Having a rule like that feels like I'm implying and/or admitting that either one of us can't trust the other regardless if the point is to avoid potential issues.

Occasionally calling the Ex just to check in because you care is one thing. But imagine you and your lady are having issues. And you find out she's venting about them to said ex or some other dude who she swears is just a good friend. 

2 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Occasionally calling the Ex just to check in because you care is one thing. But imagine you and your lady are having issues. And you find out she's venting about them to said ex or some other dude who she swears is just a good friend. 

Eh?  I wouldn't care if she's venting to a friend of hers so long as that's the only thing she's doing.  Unless she's legit giving me a reason to think otherwise I wouldn't care.  Relationships are not going to be perfect and its the job of both parties to work at it.  She's constantly venting to the male friend, then it might be time for internal reflection as to why that would be the case?  The answer isn't going to be pretty for some but its part of making it work or....not work for some.

10 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

The insecurity radiating from these posts is fucking incredible. 

A massive fucking red flag in a relationship, for me, is my partner thinking for even a fucking second they get to tell me what to do, who to hang with, who my friends are. 

Nope. You can fuck all the way off shit. I don't listen to my parents anymore the fuck makes yoy think I'm gonna let you try and pretend to be mine?  If you can't trust your partner yoy shouldn't be in a relationship with them. You have serious trust issues you need to work on before you try starting a relationship with someone. 

Edited by RSG3

We could flip the scenario around and it still makes sense---would she be ok with her man always "hanging out" alone with "Jenn from work" since "eh she's just a friend; it's nothing"?  I seriously doubt it.  

Then there is the matter of your personal safety.  Say your "Jenn who's just a friend"....her man is DEEBO.  Deebo is the type of dude that has no hangups about possibly murdering someone.  He's your average Memphis-level thug piece of shit.  Even if you genuinely don't have any plans of fucking his girl... that's not a good situation for you when Deebo finds out his girl has been spending time at your place alone for any reason.  Not sure about you guys, but I'd rather not have any problems with "Deebo" or "Big Worm".  It's always better to be safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

We could flip the scenario around and it still makes sense---would she be ok with her man always "hanging out" alone with "Jenn from work" since "eh she's just a friend; it's nothing"?  

If you trust your partner then yes. It would be fine. 

All you're demonstrating is you have serious trust issues and shouldn't be in a relationship with someone. 

4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So much wokeness.

🤣

Most of you sound like women...so I can imagine its easy for you to be friends with women and not want to fuck.

I'm enjoying seeing you descend into Mega MAGA mania like your friend Matriarch.

It's funny how once Daboog left, everyone here lost whatever sympathy they had for you now that you show your true colors as an antivaxxer.

1 minute ago, MillionX said:

We could flip the scenario around and it still makes sense---would she be ok with her man always "hanging out" alone with "Jenn from work" since "eh she's just a friend; it's nothing"?  I seriously doubt it.  

Then there is the matter of your personal safety.  Say your "Jenn who's just a friend"....her man is DEEBO.  Deebo is the type of dude that has no hangups about possibly murdering someone.  He's your average Memphis-level thug piece of shit.  Even if you genuinely don't have any plans of fucking his girl... that's not a good situation for you when Deebo finds out his girl has been spending time at your place alone for any reason.  Not sure about you guys, but I'd rather not have any problems with "Deebo" or "Big Worm".  It's always better to be safe than sorry.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be some common sense boundaries cause regardless of how secure you are in a relationship, your significant other being over at an opposite sex's house by themselves friend or not on a constant basis is sus.  But if you can't trust your spouse/GF to go visit over at another dude's house for a few moments out of a month then I don't know what to tell you.  Maybe you both are kidding yourselves?

13 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

How is it insecurity to expect a woman to talk to her man about issues in the relationship. Instead of venting to an ex or male "best friend"??? The hell is going on? This is the new normal??? 

Why are we just assuming she hasn't tried talking to her man about the issues in the relationship and is now looking for second and third opinions since people in the relationship tend to have trouble seeing all the issues they are having themselves? 

Why is she not allowed to get other opinions? Especially if a ding dong is attached to those opinions? 

The whole thing reeks of insecurity because the only conclusion you are able to come to is that shes gonna get dick from the other guy no matter what. You've already resigned yourself to unfaithfulness, to having to have your guard up if she goes looking for anything outside the relationship with another male. 

The saddest part is that generally people come to these kinds of conclusions because it's what they themselves would do. 

Edited by RSG3
15 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Yes.

I've never had issues with her hanging out with male friends either. Y'all need to stop watching those goofy CW shows. Got you thinking that any conversation with the opposite sex is the prelude to fucking.

😂

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Why are we just assuming she hasn't tried talking to her man about the issues in the relationship and is now looking for second and third opinions since people in the relationship tend to have trouble seeing all the issues they are having themselves?

Why is she not allowed to get other opinions? Especially if a ding song is attached to those opinions? 

The whole thing reeks of insecurity because the only conclusion you are able to come to is that shes gonna get dick from the other guy no matter what. You've already resigned yourself to unfaithfulness, to having to have your guard up if she goes looking for anything outside the relationship with another male. 

The saddest part is that generally people come to these kinds of conclusions because it's what they themselves would do. 

She could easily call upon brothers, cousins. Uncles, or dad. Barring the rare exceptions who have 0 male family. That's the only way I personally could possibly accept that.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yes.

I've never had issues with her hanging out with male friends either. Y'all need to stop watching those goofy CW shows. Got you thinking that any conversation with the opposite sex is the prelude to fucking.

😂

There's a fine line between casual conversation with the opposite sex. And venting about your relationship to someone of the opposite sex.

7 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

She could easily call upon brothers, cousins. Uncles, or dad. Barring the rare exceptions who have 0 male family. That's the only way I personally could possibly accept that.

Why do you think you get to dictate whom your girlfriend values advice from? Maybe her brothers are shit heads, I'm the oldest of 7 and I trust one of my siblings with life advice. Just 1. The rest are either too divorced from my lifestyle to give good advice, or they're  fuck ups. My dad is a doormat to his wife and is not the relationship I wish to emulate so I'm not going to him for advice either. 

There are lots of reasons people choose who they get advice from and who they don't. Who are you to dictate whom they trust? 

Like you're just displaying signs of wanting to control your partner. As if you get to accept or not accept who she gets trusted advice from. That's a huge fucking red flag My dude. 

Edited by RSG3

Speaking of MAGA from earlier, this guy went on TV and said the president can just think and documents are declassified.  This guy then went on to try to say that maybe the reason the FBI raided Mar A Lago was because they were looking for Hilary's emails.  BRUH...Sean Hannity even had to be like " Whuh?!"  while interviewing him.

Edited by Sonichuman
13 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

There's a fine line between casual conversation with the opposite sex. And venting about your relationship to someone of the opposite sex.

Yea sure, but your relationship will never work if you can not trust your partner and youre already making shit up in your head for why a girlfriend you dont even have is going to cheat on you. You've already lost.

Edited by RSG3

I agree with her 100%. I've met too many dumb fuck parents who don't know fucking anything. They should have almost no input on the lesson plan. 

I've met girls who don't know why they got Pregnant because their parents refuse to teach them the shit they need to know while also going to PTA meetings and voting to make sure the school can't teach the kid either. It's pathetic. 

Edited by RSG3

So a scenario---- say your wife and "Brad from work" go on a trip together; these are the things I'm really talking about here... they go to Vegas for a week without you.  They have a hotel room together.  Brad is straight and single, btw. That's apparently fine? 

Sandy's husband Brian says he's going on a trip to Vegas for a week, with his buddy from work Jenn.  It's 1 hotel room.  Jenn is single and what most guys would consider attractive, btw.  This is ok?  Sandy is supposed to be perfectly ok with this, I guess? 🤣

Regular small stuff isn't that big a deal, but I'm really thinking of situations like this, where I'd assume most people would not be fully ok with, even if they claim otherwise.  I'm reminded of that youtuber girl that was on a trip to Japan with a straight guy friend that was *not* her husband.  Ohhh yeah the arguments in the comments section about this were delicious. 

7 minutes ago, MillionX said:

So a scenario---- say your wife and "Brad from work" go on a trip together; these are the things I'm really talking about here...

Why are you talking about shit no one else is? This ain't about her going on a trip with Brad this is about using Brad as an emotional support pillar. Try to stay on topic. 

Also I would be fine with her going with Brad cuz I trust her. Either nothings gonna happen and I was right to trust her, or she cheats and I learn this isn't going to work and I can stop wasting my time and move on. 

You're hypotheticals are pretty stupid. Sounds exactly like a CW/Grey Anatomy plot. You're literally dreaming shit up the same way women who need emotional drama in their lives do. Your sitting here making up fake shit and going "See see, I'm justified in my lack of trust."

No, you're just another person making up shit in their head. That's it. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, RSG3 said:

I agree with her 100%. I've met too many dumb fuck oarants who don't know fucking anything. They should have almost no input on the lesson plan. 

I've met girls who don't know why they got Pregnant because their parents refuse to teach them the shit they need to know. 

I agree with some nuance.  If the parent doesn't want her child to learn something because ....????  Then they need to just homeschool period.  At the same token though there are going to be things that the school won't teach or will just leave out (I.E. certain spots in American History) that the parent should at least supplement with the child's school learning. 

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I agree with some nuance.  If the parent doesn't want her child to learn something because ....????  Then they need to just homeschool period.  At the same token though there are going to be things that the school won't teach or will just leave out (I.E. certain spots in American History) that the parent should at least supplement with the child's school learning. 

I have 0 issues with a parant supplementing their childs education, in fact I consider it a requirement for good parenting, but that's not really what I or the girl in the video are talking about. 

Edited by RSG3
17 hours ago, Sonero said:

Do you not have any female friends? Ever had female friends talk about having bad boyfriends, dealt with assholes or anything else?

So this is what I actually said.  Considering hella men in SRK have talked about the bad relationships they had been in, I have no idea why BB_Hood fixed on only one part of it. Bad Boyfriends, dealing with assholes or anything else.

Well if a broad ever told me she had been in a bad relationship, she better suck my dick because she isn't in one now so I don't know wtf.

I can't believe that only one of the things is the focus point of this convo. Boy, LMAO with some of you guys. Good fucking grief.

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The easiest solution to all this is to do what works for you in your relationship. If I'm in a relationship, a "HI & Bye", maybe a short convo with another woman, after that I'm gettin out of to avoid any compromising positions but that's just me, everyone is different 🤷🏾‍♂️

I just don't see the value in a relationship where you have to walk on egg shells around the opposite sex because your significant other is insecure.

Its unhealthy, for both of you. Its a clear sign of a lack of trust and relationships with distrust in them are unhealthy. You should find someone who trusts you not to be a cheating fucko...

Unless you are a cheating fucko in which case you have a lot to work on bfore you get into a committed relationship lol

Edited by RSG3
19 minutes ago, MillionX said:

So a scenario---- say your wife and "Brad from work" go on a trip together; these are the things I'm really talking about here... they go to Vegas for a week without you.  They have a hotel room together.  Brad is straight and single, btw. That's apparently fine? 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Even factoring taking the trip, people in healthy relationships  (likely) won't even let this be a thing because sensible boundaries and respect are a thing. 

I just gave examples for the question of how far does one's trust go.  I figure most people should have *some* kind of boundaries that come into play at some point.  It's interesting to see which things are "ok" and which cross the line for people.  

To be real toxic for a second here, MOST humans are trash that cannot be trusted 100%, whether it's men or women.  Whenever you fully trust people... they tend to use that opportunity to get over on you... stab you in the back or take advantage of the situation in some other way.  A person would be better off trusting Satan himself most of the time, if such a being existed.  The human race aint worth shit, never has been and never will be.  The vast majority of them will let you down or violate your trust in 1 way or another, whether that's tomorrow or 2 months down the line.

39 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

You can learn about somebody having been in a bad relationship from a super casual conversation. Talk to a gamestop clerk, ask her about one of her tats. Convo keeps going to the point  found out that her ex hated tattoos.  The story behind one of the other tats was that its a shared one between her mother, sister and her.

I'm somewhere between baffled and just fully flabbergasted at this. Might as well just say you don't talk to people period. holy shit.

5 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Even factoring taking the trip, people in healthy relationships  (likely) won't even let this be a thing because sensible boundaries and respect are a thing. 

His examples too fucking vague to make meaningful conversation around anyway. Like why are she and Brad in Vegas? Is it a Vacation? Why is she going on Vacation with Brad and not you? Its not a vacation? Then why are they there? Only reason i can think of is business in which case shes fucking working and you should be able to trust her to do her job without cheating on you. If you cant you guys have serious problems in this relationship already.

Like its a silly example there are plenty of reasons she might be in Vegas with Brad that have nothing to do with fucking. You're kinda telling us you can't get through a work weekend with a female without trying to fuck her. Lot of projection going on here me thinks.

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I just don't see the value in a relationship where you have to walk on egg shells around the opposite sex because your significant other is insecure.

Its unhealthy, for both of you. Its a clear sign of a lack of trust and relationships with distrust in them are unhealthy. You should find someone who trusts you not to be a cheating fucko...

Unless you are a cheating fucko in which case you have a lot to work on bfore you get into a committed relationship lol

Nah, I do things out of general respect, it's nothing the women im serious about ask me to do, I just prefer to avoid potential misunderstandings, optics are a mfer sometimes 

Cool if you disagree tho, but my methods have worked. Most of my relationships have been pretty good and mostly ended due to other reasons 

14 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Sandy's husband Brian says he's going on a trip to Vegas for a week, with his buddy from work Jenn.  It's 1 hotel room.  Jenn is single and what most guys would consider attractive, btw.  This is ok?  Sandy is supposed to be perfectly ok with this, I guess? 🤣

Regular small stuff isn't that big a deal, but I'm really thinking of situations like this, where I'd assume most people would not be fully ok with, even if they claim otherwise.  I'm reminded of that youtuber girl that was on a trip to Japan with a straight guy friend that was *not* her husband.  Ohhh yeah the arguments in the comments section about this were delicious. 

I can't think of their being anytime that my wife would be going on a trip out of state without me that was not like a work related business trip for a week.  If its a business related work trip for like seminars and stuff and for whatever reason I'm not allowed to go (GS has this actually where managers get flown out to talk to vendors and try upcoming games and what not for a week to vegas and they often book rooms together)  then I'm going to have to hold that and trust her.  If its a recreational trip then I'm with her. 

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Nah, I do things out of general respect, it's nothing the women im serious about ask me to do, I just prefer to avoid potential misunderstandings, optics are a mfer sometimes 

Cool if you disagree tho, but my methods have worked. Most of my relationships have been pretty good and mostly ended due to other reasons 

Worrying about the optics again just tells me your partner doesnt trust you. If the optics look bad and my girl comes up to me asking I explain and she goes "Oh ok" cuz she trusts me more then she trusts optics. She trusts me more then she cares about how things look to other people who arent in our relationship.

Your girl should trust you over optics, gossip, or whatever people who aren't the two people fucking eachother think. I think we spend too much time worrying about what others will think (Optics) then we do just focusing on ourselves and improving ourselves.

Just now, RSG3 said:

ike its a silly example there are plenty of reasons she might be in Vegas with Brad that have nothing to do with fucking. You're kinda telling us you can get through a work weekend with a female without trying to fuck her. lot of projection going on here me thinks.

Yeah, you can have a friend of the opposite sex and not try to dish out the D every time you are in close quarters. 

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

This is something I lived by when I was dating. I made it my best attempt not to have a crazy one come after me. Treated it like a project.

• Set up the requirements
  • Both parties agree on the outcomes
  • Manage expectations through out
  • Terminate the engagement if things get out of scope