Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

55 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Imo it's a smart move asking people to pay considering how seriously especially people with blue checks take the site. If anything, it asks that people who get the most benefit from the site to also help subsidize it. 

Time will tell, wont it?

How many years would it take to make 44B from the site, even if they ask everyone verified on it to pay for verification and everyone does?

The amount of people verified can't be that high, and I don't see the number of people who are verified jumping that high after this goes into place. The whole point of being verified is proving you're you, and that's gone. Even if you factor in bots/scammers, the number won't shoot up to like 20x whatever it is now.

Edited by axeman61

I yearn to be so rich I can throw away 44B because I'm bored, but I would NEVER spend it on something that might cost me extra money. That's stone stupid. If I spend 44 BILLION on one singular thing, that something better last FOREVER or make me more in return over time. There shouldn't be ANY doubt over whether I'm doing the right thing.

This twitter buyout was retarded from the jump and he still went through with it.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey everyone. Sorry if I've been a grumpy old bastard the last few days. Today's my dad's birthday and he died on the 28th (day after Thanksgiving). I just get prickly as fuck in November. If I had my way, I'd just skill from October to December. I'll try to stick the corny one liners and goofy gifs. I promise. 

I didn't really notice a big shift but you do you Darc! No judgment, we're here for you!

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Imo it's a smart move asking people to pay considering how seriously especially people with blue checks take the site. If anything, it asks that people who get the most benefit from the site to also help subsidize it. 

I don't disagree, however, there aren't any substantial quality improvements, no added feature, no opportunities to extend your audience (outside of a visual cue).  For those in that camp, it's a very small percentage of the platform. Even for the power users, it's not really valuable.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

How many years would it take to make 44B from the site, even if they ask everyone verified on it to pay for verification and everyone does?

The amount of people verified can't be that high, and I don't see the number of people who are verified jumping that high after this goes into place. The whole point of being verified is proving you're you, and that's gone. Even if you factor in bots/scammers, the number won't shoot up to like 20x whatever it is now.

I think the old verified account number was somewhere along 400 to 500 thousand people. Musk is hoping all of these people make the jump to paid verification AND average people wanting to look cool.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Time will tell, wont it?

I will be shocked if it does. It's such a small number of people (relative to the user base).  

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think the old verified account number was somewhere along 400 to 500 thousand people. Musk is hoping all of these people make the jump to paid verification AND average people wanting to look cool.

It may be a quick cash grab but it won't stay that way. Twitter is cool for what it is, but the reality is that if you take away the social part, my Google feed can serve a similar function. Supposedly there are reports that he'll put the site behind a pay wall. Based on the Tesla brand, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Anyone who was ever a fan of the Bleach manga/anime.... you have to check the new episodes, folks.  It's amazing to see this final storyline in animation now.  It's been non-stop greatness ever since the start of these new episodes.  I can't get enough of it.  Old Man Yamamoto continues to be THE most badass old dude in anime, imo.  Hulu is currently showing it; the new episodes every Monday from what I've seen so far.  The **spoiler group** that invaded Soul Society isn't fuckin' around....but we all know the shinigami captains aren't about to go out without a fight either.

sheeeittt, I just remembered another favorite moment with that character long ago in the Soul Society saga... when Yamamoto was about to fight Shunsui and Ukitake... Nanao was there too.  Just by a slight "flex" of his spirit energy, Nanao nearly passed out and had to be teleported away from the scene....because that is how insane Yama's "power level" is.  It still makes me laugh even now how she was about to do something; apparently an attempt at a magical ability then suddenly fell over... and that was probably Yama flexing about 2% of his power... instantly shutting her little ass down.  Nah I never get tired of the usual Shonen anime tropes.

18 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

somebody in LA won the 2 billion powerball.

sigh. now to watch them spend 1 billionof it  buyin up twitter stock. cuz im sure thats whats gonna happen. another 100 million on myspace stock. 10 mill on aol stock. cuz most peeps have no idea wtf to do with money once they have it. its why most lottery winners end up bankrupt anyway.

Don't lottery winners usually get under half of the promoted "jackpot" due to all the taxes the gov takes from it?

And I don't see that amount of money lasting long in Cali 😁

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I don't disagree, however, there aren't any substantial quality improvements, no added feature, no opportunities to extend your audience (outside of a visual cue).  For those in that camp, it's a very small percentage of the platform. Even for the power users, it's not really valuable.

But that is one of the things that the new Blue Checkmark will do, it will have benefits that the current one doesn't have, like longer posts, longer size videos, etc.

It will also be part of the income that will be redirected towards the creators that attract users to the platform as a form of payments, etc like how tiktok does.

It is not just charging for the old same.

Also, here is a thread from one of the security people on twitter (one that it has been working for it before Elon's buy out and that is very known for being as some people would put it, a rabid leftist)

The full thread goes on detail about the bannings, and how 1) Is nothing new how they apply the rules, 2) why they apply the rules that way specially towards blue check mark.

Part of the reasoning is the upcoming elections, according to him.

Always ignore angry people, haters, mockers, shit talkers, overly argumentative people, clowns that never take anything seriously, people that just laugh at everything, people that joke around too much, overly opinionated people, people that judge too much, spiteful people, and people that take everything too seriously. These types of people I just mentioned are a waste of time and energy because they are beneath you. Good thing it is so easy to ignore people on the internet. Sometimes it is best to just ignore everyone and mind your own business.

I mainly post here to share information and have fun on my own. I will only interact with you if I deem you worthy of my attention. 

I don’t mind being ignored. I enjoy posting my thoughts here.

A true narcissist does not admit defeat. They are not willing to be corrected.

Edited by Meier Link
13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

But that is one of the things that the new Blue Checkmark will do, it will have benefits that the current one doesn't have, like longer posts, longer size videos, etc.

It will also be part of the income that will be redirected towards the creators that attract users to the platform as a form of payments, etc like how tiktok does.

True, but will do means that it's not available yet. While it won't be the same, the value isn't there today.

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-blue-features#feature-list

17 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The full thread goes on detail about the bannings, and how 1) Is nothing new how they apply the rules, 2) why they apply the rules that way specially towards blue check mark.

Part of the reasoning is the upcoming elections, according to him.

People got banned for good reason. A site's TOS could come for you at any time. 

Just now, Hecatom said:

But did you yell at him when playing the OG?

No, I spent my time confused by the fact that I was playing a Final Fantasy game, didn't like it, but everyone was saying it was the best thing since sliced bread. I literally had to go through the game twice before could accept that it was trash. A lot of things people found "special" for me weren't since I'd be playing the genre for years at the point. It wasn't the first game to kill off a main character hell, I played two Phantasy Star games that did that....on Genesis. Wasn't the first CD RPG and it didn't have voice overs like Lunar did back on Sega CD. It was like someone took the things I hate most about FF6 (How utterly broken characters became in the World of Ruin) and made it an entire game.

6 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Ugh. Was at Home Depot and I told one of the guys there I was looking for some caulk. He misheard me, and there was an awkward exchange. 

One time I was at Target and for some reason a guy comes up and asks me if I know whether they sell roller blades.  I was like "maybe by the sports stuff?" and he goes "I guess I'll have to go look at Dick's.   I mean Sporting Goods, not--you know what I mean."

1 minute ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

One time I was at Target and for some reason a guy comes up and asks me if I know whether they sell roller blades.  I was like "maybe by the sports stuff?" and he goes "I guess I'll have to go look at Dick's.   I mean Sporting Goods, not--you know what I mean."

Have you seen the one in Denver? It's one of the biggest Dick's I've ever seen!

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Our hospice nurse noticed we haven’t left the room all day so she just brought us all dinner. Not even gunna lie; I’m seasoning these French fries and chicken strips with my tears right now, fam. 

There aren't much comforting words that one can provide for the loss of a family member even more so when it's a parental figure.    I'm sorry you have to go through this sooner than most and I can only hope that things are over soon for you and everyone so the healing process can begin.  I hope everything gets better my man.

ive noticed tom cruise went in the charleton heston direction in that just like heston he started off his career as a leading man in romance and action but at a later stage in life he did sci fi/fantasy genre movies. and i luv the holy trinity o heston which is soylent green, planet of the apes, and the omega man.

tom has done oblivion, edge of tomorrow and...war of the worlds. both did them in a decade span for 3 films. 

am i crazy for noticing his? only thing missing is a meme of tom laughing with the cam zooming in and past + above him like heston's lol starhammer would rock 

edit

btw i cant watch planet of the apes without thinking of starhammer. i have no choice his gif is from the movie. every time the movie gets to that scene..starhammer. then i lol. cuz starhammer's posts were so starhammer.

Edited by VirginDefiler

What is it with black girls and fake hair? Every fight that happens between two hood rats always ends up with a wig being removed. I've asked before, and one hoodrat told me that there are no actual salons in the hood because it would either get shot up, filled with weed smoke, or the entire place would try to beat the fuck out of each other over where Tupac was shot. thing is, even other regular cities have black girls who are wearing wigs so there are salons if they could afford them. 

Edited by zatalcon3