Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

10 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The difference is that at least until recently, most business were not attacking their costumers so actively and openly, lol.

Heh human history is full of attacking customers. Don't agree with this sentiment at all. 

Edited by RSG3

@RSG3Not gonna lie man. I just don't care about any of that stuff right now. Crazy how people you've never met can have such an effect on you with they pass away. When Chadwick died, I scheduled a colonoscopy. Yeah it was 5 years early but he died 2 years before he was supposed to start getting them. Cancer is bitch. I'm going to go home. Buy Tactics Ogre Reborn on the eshop. Drink some beer and watch about Mask of the Phantasm.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3Not gonna lie man. I just don't care about any of that stuff right now. Crazy how people you've never met can have such an effect on you with they pass away. When Chadwick died, I scheduled a colonoscopy. Yeah it was 5 years early but he died 2 years before he was supposed to start getting them. Cancer is bitch. I'm going to go home. Buy Tactics Ogre Reborn on the eshop. Drink some beer and watch about Mask of the Phantasm.

Bro, no one can blame you for a second of that. I'll be honest I don't really care either, I'm watching because I find it fascinating to see someone who is supposed to be brilliant do a bunch of stuff that makes 0 fucking sense at all and is damaging everything around him. It's like watching current day Kanye, I'm not emotionally invested but it's fascinating to see unfold. 

I was thinking of installing an Arkham game today myself. Feels right. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

Bro, no one can blame you for a second of that. I'll be honest I don't really care either, I'm watching because I find it fascinating to see someone who is supposed to be brilliant do a bunch of stuff that makes 0 fucking sense at all and is damaging everything around him. It's like watching current day Kanye, I'm not emotionally invested but it's fascinating to see unfold. 

I was thinking of installing an Arkham game today myself. Feels right. 

I never did finish Arkham Knight. Might be time to do that. 

Side note: Just saw your post about a company losing 20 billion dollars due to Twitter shenanigans. You are right on Twitter vs Meta. I had a bad take.

30 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The difference is that at least until recently, most business were not attacking their costumers so actively and openly, lol.

This has been going on since sometime after Gamergate, there have been multiple businesses poo-pooing their customer base and then having to try a face saving maneuver at the end.  Camping World was the big one I remember, my parents cancelled a 250K+ RV order because they were so pissed. 

I went to a pretty average school and am no way a genius but the PR disasters I have witnessed from multiple companies has convinced me I could easily do a better job than some of these Ivy League educated retards.

Edited by J-ride

How much could all this affect Elon's wealth? I've learned that a LOT of his company value is tied up in reputation, hypothetical valuation, and subsidies. But now his reputation is in question to say the least.

Could this saga blow up a big part of his personal wealth by the end, unless he just sells Twitter at a loss? I mean, we're still talking him being uber rich, but could he really spiral out and lose a lot of net worth behind this?

Also, if you want funny, I'll go with a classic:

Edited by axeman61
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

The vast majority of products are something no one asked for. 

I'm just saying that's a stupid point. The rest not so much. Meta doesn't really have a product yet. 

Here the thing, no one even wants it. No one even know what it exactly does other than it's VR. Not even Zuckerburg can tell us what Metaverse is.
Products have to fill a role or niche. Even dumb gimmicky products are wanted and fill a niche because of the novely of it.

Its literally a product one one asked for. Even when Pong was brand new, people like "hey that's neat, I would like to buy one", there no one who asking for it.

The only people that are clamoring for Metaverse is other companies asking how they can have there own "metaverse" so they don't have to do business with Facebook/Meta.

15 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Its all fun until Bidens POTUS Twitter account says 

" Launching nukes at China. Skeet skeet bitches!)"

The nuclear fire sent at us in retaliation will cleanse the earth and in the ashes🚆 SKY NET WILL RULE THE WORLD 

Cue T2 Theme....

I have enough faith in espionage to believe China would know about a nuke launch before Biden does.

Spider-man's Greatest Moments:

The best centennial Spidey issue of ALL TIME!

"The Spider and The Burglar.. A Sequel"   (ASM #200)    (1979)

clean.jpg

Backstory/Context: in  #196, Pete received a telegram that Aunt May had died. She had been in a rest home under the care of Dr. Ludwig Rinehart.

After going through the funeral, he discovers that Rinehart is actually Mysterio. Mysterio traps Pete in a pool with tranquilizer and when he comes to, he realizes he has no powers. Also, Mysterio's partner in this scheme wants the secret of the Parker household....

LKtcAhfoKRa3VgmRWMt5NoSyXLBexRiFz_Aq13Fx

It's learned that before the Parkers lived in their home, it was owned by a gangster named Dutch Mallone. He had stashed a fortune there in the 1930's. The burglar was his cellmate in prison and overheard him talking about it constantly.  Burglar tracked May down after beating parole.

There Mysterio faked her death!  

Now it is time for the score to be settled....

FUCK HIM UP NIGGA!

8srJrb5FKMcJ0jjjKBZatoTUXrEJkc7YQQHyxMA-

cYI6G768ToHzs5feia_3Z8bPYJbY_gsKtwNt0R6e

dOR6cJ6uaw8oUnUMTDPVrxhaDFkFp5gHSGKWWhps

In the end, the treasure was eaten away by silverfish.

Note: While his name was never officially revealed, a character by the name of Jessica Carridine was around in the 90's who was the daughter of the burglar. She appeared in the 1990s clone saga as a potential love interest of Ben Reilly (Peter's clone)

The 2002 Sam Raimi film has the burglar's name as "Dennis Carridine"