Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

A for attractive: Good-looking female college students saw their grades DROP during Covid pandemic 'when professors couldn't see their faces', study claims  

• Grades of many attractive women dropped when Covid forced virtual learning 
  • A researcher found that this was especially the case in 'qualitative' courses 
  • Scores stayed the same in more numbers-heavy classes like math and science
  • While men also benefit from being attractive, their scores did not drop 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11409063/Attractive-female-students-no-longer-earned-higher-grades-classes-moved-online-COVID-19.html

Elon Musk Panics, Emailing Twitter Staff Economic Picture is ‘Dire’ and App May Not Survive Downturn

Read Musk’s full email to employees below, from CNBC:

Date: Nov 9, 2022 [time stamp removed]

To: Team

Sorry that this is my first email to the whole company but there is no way to sugarcoat the message.

Frankly, the economic picture ahead is dire especially for a company like ours that is so dependent on advertising in a challenging economic climate. Moreover, 70% of our advertising is brand, rather than specific performance, which makes us doubly vulnerable!

That is why the priority over the past ten days has been to develop and launch Twitter Blue Verified subscriptions (huge props to the team!).

Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn. We need roughly half of our revenue to be subscription.

Of course, we will still then be significantly reliant on advertising, so I am spending time with our sales & partnerships teams to ensure that Twitter continues to be appealing to advertisers.

This is the Spaces discussion that Robin, Yoel and I hosted today: [Link to Elon Q&A: Advertising & the Future removed]

The road ahead is arduous and will require intense work to succeed. We are also changing Twitter policy such that remote work is no longer allowed unless you have a specific exception. Managers will send the exception lists to me for review and approval.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday), everyone is required to be in the office for a minimum of 40 hours per week. Obviously, if you are physically unable to travel to an office or have a critical personal obligation, then your absence is understandable.

I look forward to working with you to take Twitter to a whole new level. The potential is truly incredible!

Thanks,

Elon

I've been following as much as I can tolerate with the Parkland shooting trial. It is seriously outrageous how the juror's voted life for that piece of shit, every single one of them who voted for life instead of the death penalty need to be feel a huge amount of shame when facing their loved ones this thanksgiving.

This whole "mental illness" bullshit should not be even considered in cases like that because why the fuck should anyone care if that kid had a mental illness? The parkland shooter is a reason why we need to reinstate certain death penalties like the crucifixion because it would make these monsters think about what would happen if they got reprimanded afterwards. 

11 hours ago, Daemos said:

May the lords of Chaos have their way with him!

I have that book! 🤘 It was very interesting to read  how many different elements gave rise to the Norwegian black metal scene. I have yet to watch the movie.

51xvOPwU7dL.jpg

92ddfc8fcb25a5104a9194a9f74dd509c922ffca

91sFXjS47tS.jpg

"He died from one stab to the head... through his skull. I actually had to knock the knife out."

This guy was banned from Facebook^ lol

Edited by AriesWarlock
36 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Elon Musk Panics, Emailing Twitter Staff Economic Picture is ‘Dire’ and App May Not Survive Downturn

Read Musk’s full email to employees below, from CNBC:

Date: Nov 9, 2022 [time stamp removed]

To: Team

Sorry that this is my first email to the whole company but there is no way to sugarcoat the message.

Frankly, the economic picture ahead is dire especially for a company like ours that is so dependent on advertising in a challenging economic climate. Moreover, 70% of our advertising is brand, rather than specific performance, which makes us doubly vulnerable!

That is why the priority over the past ten days has been to develop and launch Twitter Blue Verified subscriptions (huge props to the team!).

Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn. We need roughly half of our revenue to be subscription.

Of course, we will still then be significantly reliant on advertising, so I am spending time with our sales & partnerships teams to ensure that Twitter continues to be appealing to advertisers.

This is the Spaces discussion that Robin, Yoel and I hosted today: [Link to Elon Q&A: Advertising & the Future removed]

The road ahead is arduous and will require intense work to succeed. We are also changing Twitter policy such that remote work is no longer allowed unless you have a specific exception. Managers will send the exception lists to me for review and approval.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday), everyone is required to be in the office for a minimum of 40 hours per week. Obviously, if you are physically unable to travel to an office or have a critical personal obligation, then your absence is understandable.

I look forward to working with you to take Twitter to a whole new level. The potential is truly incredible!

Thanks,

Elon

Yeah...this is on brand with a douche.  Making people come into the office when they didn't have to for what? 

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

snip

LMAO

I love how media is trying to portrait as is from panic for the drama due the takeover, when the actual analytics show that twitter is having a considerable increase of users since it, plus since the take over announcement twitter finally starting to make fucking profit (it was always operating on red until this year)

This email is on par with what every other tech company/social media company is sending to their employees.

Meta just laid off 11k of its employees.

Same for Netflix, Paramount, Warner (the last 2 due both costs from movies and series failing to meet expectations and from loses on their streaming efforts, which is pertinent to the conversation at hand)

Epic Games was the same, and so on.

Part of the reason is the recession, but also that the growth many of those companies had during the pandemic was unsustainable, many companies thought the growth was gonna keep going, but instead, it was halted and then they started to actually regress.

This current situation would have happened with or without the take over.

But is easier to try to paint it as if is him panicking I guess 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah...this is on brand with a douche.  Making people come into the office when they didn't have to for what?

Considering that many tech companies are bloated, with a considerable portion of their workforce not doing anything  (have you seen the considerable amount of tweets and tiktok videos of people bragging of not doing shit while working for twitter?) , yet still being paid, this measure is not surprising.

Just some weeks ago, a lot of the projects inside walmart were shut down, the one I was working on, included.

Between the resons given, the obvious recession that is hitting every country one way or another, and that sadly, on a lot of said projects a lot of people were not really contributing shit for multiple reasons.

Some due the amount of work not being enough to keep them busy due the bloat, some others because they were simply irresponsible, and the amount of employees meant that not everyone could be monitored, in part also because different projects had different approaches on how they kept record of the progress and work done.

At least in the case of our project, since we were actually having steady progress, ours is only halted, while walmart restructures their efforts, and we can restart it later.

You could say that because some bad apples everyone else ends losing the good things.

I'm annoyed that I have to defend Musk because people are playing favorites or just leaving shit out. Twitter was going to lay off 2100 people before the dude took over. Tech companies in general cutting a lot of their workforce. Meta/Facebook is a complete shit show. They are losing money like Kanye. 11,000 people are out of work and there isn't the same energy towards them. A lot of companies have been propped up by venture capital and outside investors. They never made money. Now that they have to actually turn a profit to keep the doors open, they are falling flat on their face.

It's exhausting having to do my own leg work on damn near every topic because I can't read a news article that just reports the straight up facts. Lies of omission or just lying out right is too damn common. This situation is odd to me, I've been roasting Elon over Tesla for years. How they don't make money, don't hit sales targets, don't hit their manufacturing numbers, don't meet launch dates, and have a subpar build quality. It was like tumble weeds with most people. 

Side note: Anyone else notice the shift in tone in a lot of these fan/geek culture based sites? Now that they need the clicks of the fans to keep the lights on. They sure don't seem to have the same energy. 🤔

I seen tons of articles and videos shitting all over Facebook/Meta I'm not really sure where that comment is coming from. People are dunking on Zuck hard. Shit Zuckerberg had a movie made about him and the entire movie is about what an asshole he is.

Elon gets it worse because hes a very very VERY vocal public figure who routinely says and does shit that makes him look like a fucking fool 

Zuckerberg is a recluse who rarely does or says shit in public that makes him look like a moron. 

Basically one is an attention whore and gets the attention he whore's so hard for while the other is the opposite. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

As someone who hates parasitic woke people too, I hate it when people rally behind obvious clowns like Kanye. Kanye has done way more than wear a red hat to piss away his good will with black people. When people like Kanye XXXL in the lower right cherry pick good things he's said without all the context we know is out there, it just makes all anti-wokes look bad.

41 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I seen tons of articles and videos shitting all over Facebook/Meta I'm not really sure where that comment is coming from. People are dunking on Zuck hard. Shit Zuckerberg had a movie made about him and the entire movie is about what an asshole he is.

Elon gets it worse because hes a very very VERY vocal public figure who routinely says and does shit that makes him look like a fucking fool 

Zuckerberg is a recluse who rarely does or says shit in public that makes him look like a moron. 

Basically one is an attention whore and gets the attention he whore's so hard for while the other is the opposite. 

The amount talk about Meta doesn't equal Twitter. It's not close. Meta laid off 3 times and many people as Twitter or 1.5 times the total Twitter workforce prior to their layoff. The amount of money they've lost, if divided between everyone this forum, would make us all wealthy. People being up in their feelings about Elon doesn't excuse the coverage of Meta......

OH FUCK....Kevin Conroy died? My day and weekend is officially ruined. November continues to be the month of Ls. I remember coming home from school and watching Batman The Animated Series. When I think of Batman, I think of Kevin's iconic voice. 😭

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The amount talk about Meta doesn't equal Twitter. It's not close. Meta laid off 3 times and many people as Twitter or 1.5 times the total Twitter workforce prior to their layoff. The amount of money they've lost, if divided between everyone this forum, would make us all wealthy. People being up in their feelings about Elon doesn't excuse the coverage of Meta......

It has nothing to do with feelings, Elon provides 10 times the content to criticize and make fun of the Meta and Zuckerberg ever have. It's a matter of quantity. Elon provides daily content. 

Edit: Well feelings probably play a bit of a part but you over counting it. It's far more a matter of quantity of content. Elon's a fucking thot, it's just for attention instead of money, he has that, and most of the time it reflects badly upon him because he's not half as smart as he pretends to be so he buys a profit less company for more then its worth, or he says stupid shit on Twitter that devalues the brand he just bought. He literally went on Twitter and cried activists where driving away advertiser's and had one of his advertisers tweet that they just had a phone call explaining to him why they left it was because it was no longer an ad safe space for them. 

Zuckerberg just shuts the fuck up and runs his company badly. 

Which ones gonna get you more clicks man?

Edited by RSG3

All the best Twitter bashing happens on Twitter, which is a whole different vibe than Facebook's situation.  It's like on Twitter you know the psychopath is locked in there with you.

Plus there's the whole thing where Meta layoffs are pretty normal given the interest rate hike fueled economic downturn, even if the "Metaverse" is a fucking awful business venture.  Whereas there is nothing usual about the clown orgy actively happening at Twitter at this very moment.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm annoyed that I have to defend Musk because people are playing favorites or just leaving shit out. Twitter was going to lay off 2100 people before the dude took over. Tech companies in general cutting a lot of their workforce. Meta/Facebook is a complete shit show. They are losing money like Kanye. 11,000 people are out of work and there isn't the same energy towards them. A lot of companies have been propped up by venture capital and outside investors. They never made money. Now that they have to actually turn a profit to keep the doors open, they are falling flat on their face.

It's exhausting having to do my own leg work on damn near every topic because I can't read a news article that just reports the straight up facts. Lies of omission or just lying out right is too damn common. This situation is odd to me, I've been roasting Elon over Tesla for years. How they don't make money, don't hit sales targets, don't hit their manufacturing numbers, don't meet launch dates, and have a subpar build quality. It was like tumble weeds with most people. 

Side note: Anyone else notice the shift in tone in a lot of these fan/geek culture based sites? Now that they need the clicks of the fans to keep the lights on. They sure don't seem to have the same energy. 🤔

Tell me about, like the articles lying about the amount of accounts "lost" on twitters, supposedly for the drama, according to sites supposedly of good reputation, saying that it was over a million, but if you dig just a little it was

A) less than 700k

B) 500K were of the usual process of deleting bots, which happens all the time

C) Around 200k being the deletion of inactive accounts, banings and the like.

With just a minimal amount that could be considered people willingly leaving.

And all the articles love to omit the unprecedented spike of new accounts/returning accounts that twitter has since the takeover.

They are so desperate to turn  Elon into a new boogieman that is so obvious, since their lies are becoming more and more sloppy.

Sadly, there are still many people willing to take every lie at face value.

17 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

What energy is that? I'm legit curious.

Hating on fans/geeks/gamers, etc

We still get some articles here and there, like Kotaku's article blaming gamergate for Pelossi's husband attack.

But overall there is a tone shift, since there have been constant layouts on most internet media companies, buyouts at way smaller prices than what those companies were supposedly valued, etc.

Too bad for  them that they lost a lot of their reputation those last years and people moved to youtube and other places to get their news.