Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Spider-man's Greatest Moments:

The best centennial Spidey issue of ALL TIME!

"The Spider and The Burglar.. A Sequel"   (ASM #200)    (1979)

clean.jpg

Backstory/Context: in  #196, Pete received a telegram that Aunt May had died. She had been in a rest home under the care of Dr. Ludwig Rinehart.

After going through the funeral, he discovers that Rinehart is actually Mysterio. Mysterio traps Pete in a pool with tranquilizer and when he comes to, he realizes he has no powers. Also, Mysterio's partner in this scheme wants the secret of the Parker household....

LKtcAhfoKRa3VgmRWMt5NoSyXLBexRiFz_Aq13Fx

It's learned that before the Parkers lived in their home, it was owned by a gangster named Dutch Mallone. He had stashed a fortune there in the 1930's. The burglar was his cellmate in prison and overheard him talking about it constantly.  Burglar tracked May down after beating parole.

There Mysterio faked her death!  

Now it is time for the score to be settled....

FUCK HIM UP NIGGA!

8srJrb5FKMcJ0jjjKBZatoTUXrEJkc7YQQHyxMA-

cYI6G768ToHzs5feia_3Z8bPYJbY_gsKtwNt0R6e

dOR6cJ6uaw8oUnUMTDPVrxhaDFkFp5gHSGKWWhps

In the end, the treasure was eaten away by silverfish.

Note: While his name was never officially revealed, a character by the name of Jessica Carridine was around in the 90's who was the daughter of the burglar. She appeared in the 1990s clone saga as a potential love interest of Ben Reilly (Peter's clone)

The 2002 Sam Raimi film has the burglar's name as "Dennis Carridine" 

Less so a burglar and more of a robber!

In some circles he's still named as such. Just goes to show how far the influence of the movie goes. I believe he was formally named in Spider-Man 3 though as a solid character in Spider-Man's lore. He was supposed to be more throwaway in the first movie (as he is generally speaking considering the whole idea is that just one misstep in the execution of consistent morals can lead to even the slightest evils taking over your life), but was solidified as a key figure in the Spider-Man mythos courtesy of Spider-Man 3 and its incessant need to tie everything (and everyone) together somehow.

Great film! Way underrated.

Thanks for posting this!

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

speakingof mass effect. ive never played the series. but ive been watching the woolie vs playthru of 1 & 2, and i luv it. its story, writing, voice acting is sooo good. 

is the mass effect trilogy top 5 rpgs ever made? i know its gotta be top 10 for everyone but i mean top 5 tho. 

opinions?

ME1 is pretty rough, and didn't age that well. The legendary edition helps a bit though. ME2 is fantastic. ME3 has better gameplay than 2, but the story loses some of the shine. Still a lot of fun to play through.

I just wish Andromeda had gotten the same chance to really flesh its story and cast out. It needed more time to be good.

^yep, let the ladies ramble on and on enough and they will tell on themselves every time; it never stops amusing me to see their ridiculous nature on display.  I love that they created this new world now where they also wonder ---"hey...why don't guys even approach or speak to us anymore?"  This is your ultimately lonely shitty existence, ladies... a bed you very much made yourself.... have fun laying in it and don't mind the flies.

Sidenote to this... I definitely want to get those "Anime Thinking/plotting Character trope" glasses they show off in the beginning of this vid though; that's hilarious that someone produced that as a real product

GIF by Swaps4

NEW DEMAND: Trump Wants Americans To Pay His ‘Expenses’ Including Legal Fees in Suit Blocking Jan. 6 Committee Subpoena

Trump is scheduled to be deposed by the committee on Monday after an attempt to delay his testimony. But in a last-minute filing Friday night, Trump’s lawyers threw everything including the kitchen sink at the order to testify:

Former President Donald J. Trump filed suit on Friday against the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, seeking to block the panel’s subpoena that required him to testify and hand over documents related to the effort to overturn the 2020 election.

The 41-page lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida, comes just days before Mr. Trump was scheduled to appear before the panel for a deposition on Monday. The panel had been in discussions with Mr. Trump’s lawyers and had given them additional time to begin producing documents.

The suit seeks to declare the subpoena invalid for a variety of reasons, including that it is overly broad and unnecessary. Mr. Trump’s lawyers say the subpoena lacks a legislative purpose and infringes upon executive privilege and his First Amendment rights.

Toward the end of the suit is the fun detail that Trump and his lawyers want taxpayers to foot the bill for any subpoena-related costs. The suit demands “An award in favor of President Trump for his reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs incurred as a result of the Subpoena.”

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

NEW DEMAND: Trump Wants Americans To Pay His ‘Expenses’ Including Legal Fees in Suit Blocking Jan. 6 Committee Subpoena

Trump is scheduled to be deposed by the committee on Monday after an attempt to delay his testimony. But in a last-minute filing Friday night, Trump’s lawyers threw everything including the kitchen sink at the order to testify:

Former President Donald J. Trump filed suit on Friday against the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, seeking to block the panel’s subpoena that required him to testify and hand over documents related to the effort to overturn the 2020 election.

The 41-page lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida, comes just days before Mr. Trump was scheduled to appear before the panel for a deposition on Monday. The panel had been in discussions with Mr. Trump’s lawyers and had given them additional time to begin producing documents.

The suit seeks to declare the subpoena invalid for a variety of reasons, including that it is overly broad and unnecessary. Mr. Trump’s lawyers say the subpoena lacks a legislative purpose and infringes upon executive privilege and his First Amendment rights.

Toward the end of the suit is the fun detail that Trump and his lawyers want taxpayers to foot the bill for any subpoena-related costs. The suit demands “An award in favor of President Trump for his reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs incurred as a result of the Subpoena.”

The sad thing is...he's duped people into paying for his stuff before...multiple times.  If he was able to do it again it would be unsurprising.

Upcoming horror remakes...

I knew Salem's Lot and Nosferatu were in the works at least... the new Lost Boys I thought was just the tv series that *fortunately* got canned before ever making it to air....of course I say "fortunately" because it was a CW production, so we all know that it would have been doomed from the start.  I'll keep my expectations for the new movie low as well.

Well, at least I've walked away from my ex best friend recently. She was too much of a severe bi polar and dissociative personality problem. She was even worse than I was at the time, but it's very unfortunate to see her go. We were at strong odds with each other at the end and reporting her to the authorities was very bittersweet. Also, I think when a person struggles with their own life, but to the have the heart to help for those that struggles as much if not worse than you without seeing no reward anymore, you begin to stray from those very same people who didn't appreciate you to begin with, appealing to "Me Time". That level of love and attraction to her, was a disadvantage for me.

The good news is that I was glad that I was accepted in a polysexual night private club, a nice, and responsible sexual encounters for right now.

Solitude is ok. We cancer signs "over-love" people, to get "over-hurt" as much, and be as "over-toxic" about it. I can't handle that emotion for the life of me. LOL.

Edited by Emptyeyes_

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11418791/Disney-plans-freeze-hiring-cut-jobs-memo.html

Now DISNEY warns staff they're on the brink of job cuts as the entertainment giant plans to freeze hiring - as shares fell double digits and their streaming services lost $1.5B last quarter

• Disney looks set to become the next major corporation to freeze hiring and cut job after a second straight quarter losing over $1billion 
  • The House of Mouse reported over 235 million streaming subscribers on all platforms, as Disney+ beat Wall Street expectations by adding 12.1 million 
  • Despite the gains, the company continues to lose in the streaming market, nearly doubling year-over-year to $1.47 billion 
  • Chapek addressed the memo to Disney's division leaders, saying the company is instituting a targeted hiring freeze and anticipates 'some small staff reductions' 
  • He wrote: 'While certain macroeconomic factors are out of our control, meeting these goals requires all of us to continue doing our part' 

The Senate is now currently tied 49-49.

There are 2 states that still haven't turned in results: Georgia and Nevada.

In GA, Dem. Warnock has a slight lead over Rep. Walker, but since neither candidate will achieve 50% of the total votes, there will be a runoff on Dec. 6th

In NV, Rep. Laxalt has a hairline lead over Dem. Cortez Masto (last time I checked it was less than 1000 votes), dunno if runoff rules apply there as well

Edited by Lantis
6 hours ago, Lantis said:

The Senate is now currently tied 49-49.

There are 2 states that still haven't turned in results: Georgia and Nevada.

In GA, Dem. Warnock has a slight lead over Rep. Walker, but since neither candidate will achieve 50% of the total votes, there will be a runoff on Dec. 6th

In NV, Rep. Laxalt has a hairline lead over Dem. Cortez Masto (last time I checked it was less than 1000 votes), dunno if runoff rules apply there as well

Looks like they just called it for Cortez

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/democrats-maintain-control-senate-nbc-news-projects-defeating-many-tru-rcna56677?cid=sm_in

republican party is stupid. they shot themselves in the foot.

the repub party is split by conservative extremism and trumpism. and while they do that, they lost the young voter. the retarded republican party doesnt seem to understand that the young outnumber the old in the 21st century. and 70% of young voters voted blue. but the worst thing of all is the republican election deniers and republicans that are still claiming that elections were "rigged" and cheating was involved when they lose which makes em look pathetic and like sore losers. losers in general. 

that party is doomed if they dont change their ways. and i want em to simply cause i do not wanna live in a blue single party system. that scares me.

29 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

republican party is stupid. they shot themselves in the foot.

the repub party is split by conservative extremism and trumpism. and while they do that, they lost the young voter. the retarded republican party doesnt seem to understand that the young outnumber the old in the 21st century. and 70% of young voters voted blue. but the worst thing of all is the republican election deniers and republicans that are still claiming that elections were "rigged" and cheating was involved when they lose which makes em look pathetic and like sore losers. losers in general. 

that party is doomed if they dont change their ways. and i want em to simply cause i do not wanna live in a blue single party system. that scares me.

I'd really just rather our voting system get updated to better standards than just having the electoral collage and ranked choice voting.  But every time something fucked up happens with our voting system in terms of how the person who won didn't get the popular vote, there's a big outrage about how we need to fix the shit for that period and then it immediately dies within a matter of months.  And it's also pretty clear that the people in power are not in a hurry to get it fixed or do anything about it either.

Edit:

We've been stuck in a 2 party system for so long that anyone who has a difference of opinion on both parties usually just gets drowned out and it kind of sucks because no matter how much you may want to believe in that 3rd party, if you vote for them then there's a 98% chance that voting for them is going to amount to nothing.

Edited by Sonichuman

This two party system needs to go. As well as this revolving door concept of president's. It's just constant grid lock, and policies and ideas never having time to produce results. Because they get scrapped if someone from the opposite party gets voted into that position. Like fuck what you had going on even if it was working. We're doing things my way now. It's stupid.

Edited by BB_Hoody

So my homegirl is clearly a chronic liar. She was lying on my homeboy making it seem like he was angry and stalkerish. But after I she mentioned him the second time unsolicited talking about how they're so cool, I dig some digging 

Turns out she's the one who is essentially dick-whipped. She be calling him from different numbers, trying to give him money, ditching her kids at the drop of a dime to meet him. This is all after he specifically said it was just casual sex. He had to block her then unblock

I've never seen that side of her, but it makes sense on why she's been moody as fuck and seemingly doesn't have long term relationships 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

dear god the MAGA people are  so much in shock of the abrupt overnight 180 degree anti-trump turn that the republican party, fox news, and other conserv news orgs have done in 24 hours..

that the magaheads have now truly gone delusional.  1st they called the elections rigged like they did 2 years ago..

now the magaheads are calling fox news fake news. they actually think the majority of republicans  is still in support of their dumb shit. they are as delusional as "kanye isnt crazy hes just playin 4d chess" kanye supporters.

this is a MAGAhead right now waking up to fox news.

LouGossett.gif

their dumb brains cant handle the reality that its over. it hasnt hit em yet that for the republican party to survive maga must die.

this is glorious to watch.

Edited by VirginDefiler
4 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

their dumb brains cant handle the reality that its over. it hasnt hit em yet that for the republican party to survive maga must die.

this is glorious to watch.

We should make sure to encourage and support them, convince them to double down more, and not let the republican party off the hook.

Man, this hoe just asked me to take her to out of town to party knowing I got a girl, then when I said I'm not going anywhere without my girl, she said I should still take her cuz she's not trying to have sex with me 

First of all bitch, if I'm gonna risk losing my girl like that (which I'm not), I better get something out of it. Secondly, If I was single I definitely wouldn't bring sand to the beach. The audacity of these bitches 😂