Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

See, the notion of "forgive thine enemies" is complete garbage to me and always has been; ever since I first heard it as a little kid........ this is an example of what's real....  some family members of victims get to express a *fraction* of their thoughts about D. Brooks....I assume it's just a small bit of the anger they have for this dude.

Edited by MillionX

Ha, I was thinking AM might not go in on this Wakanda Forever issue but he went on to do a whole video about the shit

*insert standard popcorn gif here of course 😄 Lovin' it.

**Oh on another point though---I noticed they now have the JUSTICE LEAGUE complete series collection at Walmart!!! It's just 35 bucks (surprisingly lower than what I would've expected) Hell yeah I'm snatching that up asap next time ago; probably today.  JLU is about the top-rank of my favorite superhero animated shows ever... I put it right up there in Batman territory as one of the clear GOAT-status shows.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Ha, I was thinking AM might not go in on this Wakanda Forever issue but he went on to do a whole video about the shit

*insert standard popcorn gif here of course 😄 Lovin' it.

**Oh on another point though---I noticed they now have the JUSTICE LEAGUE complete series collection at Walmart!!! It's just 35 bucks (surprisingly lower than what I would've expected) Hell yeah I'm snatching that up asap next time ago; probably today.  JLU is about the top-rank of my favorite superhero animated shows ever... I put it right up there in Batman territory as one of the clear GOAT-status shows.

What's he complaining about now 🤣?

Generally speaking--- they should've just re-casted T'Challah.... like they do with pretty much any popular character that is around long enough.... like how many people we've had playing Superman, Batman, James Bond, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc at this point.  Also that circumstances just happen to line-up perfectly with some of the agendas that are pretty obvious to most at this point. (e.g.---women are better than everyone else in just about any given situation, and we should all bow to our "woman kings", and we're never to be critical of or even question it, of course.)  Then there's issues with certain narrative choices etc. etc.  He also seems to be even more of a purist than I am.... I don't *really* take much issue with Namor being an Aztec dude now; I'm not much invested in that character in the first place even though the concept is fairly interesting.

Also---at least Namor in this film is somewhat accurate visually speaking...unlike certain other characters who get a complete "makeover" to the point of just looking like a totally new person in live-action.  A surprising # of people these days apparently have so much fun with characters that are barely recognizable anymore, apparently....and that's a shame, imo but whatever.  

Edited by MillionX

Well, someone who saved me at one point of my life, he doesn't have that long to live due to heart failure. It's beating at 15%. I hate to see that and then go back to hospital, because of that. I nearly claps at the ER yesterday's due to strong anxiety about it, but I'm ok.

I've learned alot around former Angola prisoners during really bad times for me back then from homeless. Most people wouldn't have bothered with them, especially in this city, but it was a first. Many thanks to him.

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Generally speaking--- they should've just re-casted T'Challah.... like they do with pretty much any popular character that is around long enough.... like how many people we've had playing Superman, Batman, James Bond, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc at this point. 

I agree. After seeing the movie, while it was an impressive task, they should have just recasted him. There are more stories for the character.

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Also that circumstances just happen to line-up perfectly with some of the agendas that are pretty obvious to most at this point. (e.g.---women are better than everyone else in just about any given situation, and we should all bow to our "woman kings", and we're never to be critical of or even question it, of course.) 

He can have that perspective, but he is missing a very crucial point regarding the impact that Chadwick Boseman had on the role and Marvel wanted to honor that. I think this was a "lessons learned" moment. They likely won't do that again. Couple that with what actually happens in the movie with certain characters, it's a BS take. 

5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Then there's issues with certain narrative choices etc. etc.  He also seems to be even more of a purist than I am.... I don't *really* take much issue with Namor being an Aztec dude now; I'm not much invested in that character in the first place even though the concept is fairly interesting.

Also---at least Namor in this film is somewhat accurate visually speaking...unlike certain other characters who get a complete "makeover" to the point of just looking like a totally new person in live-action. 

The changes to Namor's backstory were done extremely well. I like things to be accurate, but sometimes going 1:1 in real life doesn't work. The silhouette has to match. Namor looked good, till the winged feet played a part in it all. 

I loved BP2.  I didn't shit about Namor and they made him look like a badass.  I'm also like how they handled T'Challa/Chadwick's death and the kind of "compromise" they went with that I can't talk about without going into spoilers.  CG was way better done in this movie in comparison to the first and Angela Bassett gave the most commanding performance on the screen.  Really feels like put her 110% into her role.  Just about everyone killed their roles in the movie which includes Winston Duke having the funniest quotes.

I get the movie being slower and not being as action heavy as a good chunk of MCU's films will be a turnoff but this movie tries to do something slightly different from the "Marvel" formula that people love to try to complain about now.  Personally think it stands the same ground as Shang Chi for this phase but it can't touch Spiderman Now Way Home.

7 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

the gop seems to think that, they forget that if u look at population numbers this country is like 75% democrat vs 25% repub

This can't be true though because the 2020 election had record turnout, 74 million people voted for Trump, 81 million for Biden, and 175 million didn't vote. If we were to get that 175 million to the polls, I'm sure you'd find at least half of those people, maybe more, are Republicans.

But even so, what you said is why, in a country where the president is supposed to represent ALL the people, the Electoral College is probably the most democratic thing about the US voting system.

Edited by DoctaMario
13 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm sure you'd find at least half of those people, maybe more, are Republicans.

Tough to say for sure, but per the Census Bureau the US population is 80.7% urban, which is going to skew Democrat on average.  Certainly with a percentage that high the vast majority of non-voters are going to be in the cities, just by the math.

27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I loved BP2.  I didn't shit about Namor and they made him look like a badass.  I'm also like how they handled T'Challa/Chadwick's death and the kind of "compromise" they went with that I can't talk about without going into spoilers.  CG was way better done in this movie in comparison to the first and Angela Bassett gave the most commanding performance on the screen.  Really feels like put her 110% into her role.  Just about everyone killed their roles in the movie which includes Winston Duke having the funniest quotes.

I get the movie being slower and not being as action heavy as a good chunk of MCU's films will be a turnoff but this movie tries to do something slightly different from the "Marvel" formula that people love to try to complain about now.  Personally think it stands the same ground as Shang Chi for this phase but it can't touch Spiderman Now Way Home.

The "manosphere" is taking the discussion about the film in the completely wrong direction. 

The key thing about this movie is that it allowed grief to be explored within a scene and not throw a random joke into the mix (Thor 4). 

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The "manosphere" is taking the discussion about the film in the completely wrong direction. 

The key thing about this movie is that it allowed grief to be explored within a scene and not throw a random joke into the mix (Thor 4). 

This all the way.  The movie's protagonists were the most close to the character and they're trying to process their grief while having to deal with political and diplomatic bullshit on 2 fronts.  They're not cracking jokes every 5 minutes and they're letting the characters actually feel that emotional pain and giving it the space it deserves.  The way they did the 2 moment of silences for Chadwick with them being intrusive was perfect imo. 

5 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Manosphere? What does this have to do with the manosphere? I've heard the spoilers of how they handled his death. It's literally the straw that boke the camel's back for me. Not only did I note like it, I found it disrespectful. It's why I refuse to watch the movie. Kirby and Lee literally got death threats after creating T'Challa/Black Panther. He's been around for 56 years. The character's importance goes beyond a damned mantle. And....I'm going to stop myself before I go on a rant.

20 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Tough to say for sure, but per the Census Bureau the US population is 80.7% urban, which is going to skew Democrat on average.  Certainly with a percentage that high the vast majority of non-voters are going to be in the cities, just by the math.

Possibly, but I think you also have city dwelling people who feel like it's pointless to vote if they aren't going to vote democrat since a lot of cities tend to go that way. I've read estimates that if they were able to get everyone to vote in California, it would be a purple state. But like you said, it's tough to say iethout asking all those people.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Manosphere? What does this have to do with the manosphere? 

There are a number of discussions being had about this film being some sort of agenda/propaganda that only women can get it done. That's certainly not the case. 

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've heard the spoilers of how they handled his death. It's literally the straw that boke the camel's back for me. Not only did I note like it, I found it disrespectful. It's why I refuse to watch the movie. Kirby and Lee literally got death threats after creating T'Challa/Black Panther. He's been around for 56 years. The character's importance goes beyond a damned mantle. And....I'm going to stop myself before I go on a rant.

I still think that T'Challa should have been recast. Yet again, Marvel wanted to honor the actor who elevated that character in the space. They absolutely won't let this happen again. Marvel knows better now. That said, Ryan Coogler did well with the material and honored the character and Boseman. 

10 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I still think that T'Challa should have been recast. Yet again, Marvel wanted to honor the actor who elevated that character in the space. They absolutely won't let this happen again. Marvel knows better now. That said, Ryan Coogler did well with the material and honored the character and Boseman. 

Gonna spoiler tag this.

Spoiler

T'Challa getting sick and dying. Is honoring Chadwick how? Comes off as trading on the tragedy to me. This isn't about Chadwick. It's about them. If they were concerned about honoring him. They would have recast the role because that's what he would have wanted. This was about them and their feelings. Setting that aside. In universe, it makes no sense. They've established in their version of Wakanda that they'll put you in suspended animation until they can resolve your malady. They did this for a "colonizer", Bucky, but not their king. 🙄

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I agree. After seeing the movie, while it was an impressive task, they should have just recasted him. There are more stories for the character.

He can have that perspective, but he is missing a very crucial point regarding the impact that Chadwick Boseman had on the role and Marvel wanted to honor that. I think this was a "lessons learned" moment. They likely won't do that again. Couple that with what actually happens in the movie with certain characters, it's a BS take. 

The changes to Namor's backstory were done extremely well. I like things to be accurate, but sometimes going 1:1 in real life doesn't work. The silhouette has to match. Namor looked good, till the winged feet played a part in it all. 

Spoiler

Well, they technically did. Did you stay for the midcredits scene?

Edited by KimuraLOX

I'm sure they will recast T'Challah eventually though... there's no way they can leave a character like that "dead" permanently.  There's too much money to be made in the future with "The Return" and all that, and the story material you could work with there.  The suits in this industry make some dumb decisions but I still have a little faith that they aren't *that* dumb to just leave that money-maker of a character dead forever.

*so I went back and picked up 2 blu-rays early this morning... there's the classic episodes of Bleach (Soul Society saga) and this new movie "The Invitation" with the lovely Nathalie Emmanuel (Smokeshow status, this one)... I'll pick up the Justice League collection next time. 

I also spotted The Originals series collection there!  It's 80 bucks.  That's a bit tough to justify for me since I already have seasons 1 - 4 individually... so I'm only missing season 5....eh, that final season was disappointing though, so I was always "conflicted" about getting it, but now for the sake of having the complete series I'm interested again.

Edited by MillionX
10 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, they technically did. Did you stay for the midcredits scene?

Yes. 

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Gonna spoiler tag this.

It was a no-win scenario with this film. To be fair, you're right, that is what the powers that be wanted. Marvel thought it was the better move to not recast and made a decision from there. The thought is the reverence for the actor and what he brought to the table. Please understand, that I agree that it's more about the representation of the character than the actor, but that is the sentiment (especially after the tragic circumstance). 

In movie

Spoiler

Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan with how the illness was handled, but it's explained as psuedo-sciency as reasons can be (with Shuri's response included in that). Unfortunately, plot contrivances are a thing. This one bypassed the logic to force a result. 

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

'm sure they will recast T'Challah eventually though... there's no way they can leave a character like that "dead" permanently.  There's too much money to be made in the future with "The Return" and all that, and the story material you could work with there.  The suits in this industry make some dumb decisions but I still have a little faith that they aren't *that* dumb to just leave that money-maker of a character dead forever.

Absolutely. There are two things at play. . . 

1. Time
  2. Secret Wars.

4 hours ago, Saikyotic said:

Where Ronin at lately

spacer.png

Man I miss the “stairs” avatars trend he, valaris and I started back on $RK. 😂

It’s wild thinking back to old school $RK GD and thinking of how many memes valaris, ronin and I were responsible for. 😂

Valaris and I constantly pissed off MrWiz too woth our dumb ass shenanigans. 

Edited by iStu X

Disney rights history’s greatest wrong, returns mermaid’s butt to Splash

After digitally altering a fairly chaste nude butt for the Disney+ release of Splash, the Mouse House corrected its horrible, unforgivable mistake

862d2079d7acc81f2650ba6c20b5a41d.png

But, at least, dear reader, our waking nightmare is at an end. Per CBR, Disney relented and upgraded the butt-less version on Disney+ in 4k, giving Hannah’s character a bit of a haircut and restoring her butt to its proper place.

Now, if you’re desperate to see the full, uncut version of Splash that was too wild for Disney+, you’ll have to dive into the streamer’s parental controls. CBR notes that the company updated its parental controls to make room for all those Netflix Marvel shows, which show an edgier, more disregarded side of the MCU.

Disney has begun reeling back some of its strong stances on censorship. This probably has to do with the fact that their biggest cash cows are Star Wars and Marvel, which, despite mostly bloodless violence, feature a whole bunch of people getting killed. For example, in the film Avengers: Infinity War, a character named Thanos kills roughly 4 billion people. When you think about it, though, most of Thanos’ victims had butts, so technically, he was just doing Disney’s dirty work.

@AriesWarlockReturn of the crack 😉

Return of the Crack it is
Return of the Crack come on
Return of the Crack on Disney Plus
Hannah's booty is back here it is
Return of the  Crack streaming again
Return of the Crack rump for the world
Return of the Crack butt cheeks show
Hannah's booty is back here we go

Okay I'm going back to work now 🙃

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/snl-ratings-dave-chappelle-1235262090/

‘SNL’ Ratings Hit Season High With Dave Chappelle Amid Uproar

Ratings surged for the latest episode, where Chappelle's monologue was accused of perpetuating antisemitic tropes.

This week’s episode scored 4.8 million viewers and a 0.9 rating in the adults 18-49 demo. Chappelle hosted the iconic NBC late-night series’ sixth episode of its 48th season, which has been off to a very sluggish start following a major cast shakeup. Up until now, SNL has been averaging 4 million viewers — down 20 percent from last fall. It’s not that much of a lift compared to the prior week, when host Amy Schumer brought in 4.3 million.

The numbers are also a big drop compared to Chappelle’s last time hosting the series, in 2020, which propelled the show to 9 million viewers and a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49 (which was the highest rated SNL in the demo in three years). Chappelle also won an Emmy for guest hosting that episode.

The ratings follow a wave of criticism directed at the comedian and at SNL for Chappelle’s extended 15-minute monologue where he made several statements deemed antisemitic.

The monologue — which has racked up 6.4 million views on YouTube since its release — included comments where Chappelle tackled the controversy surrounding Kanye “Ye” West’s antisemitic rants. “I’ve been to Hollywood,” Chappelle said. “This is just what I saw: It’s a lot of Jews. Like, a lot. But that doesn’t mean anything! … There’s a lot of Black people in Ferguson, Missouri. Doesn’t mean they run the place.” The comedian said he understood how somebody could “adopt the delusion” that Jewish people “run show business. It’s not a crazy thing to think. But it’s a crazy thing to say out loud in a climate like this.”

Before the monologue, Chappelle unfolded a piece of paper and read a dutiful statement — “I denounce antisemitism in all its forms, and I stand with my friends in the Jewish community” — and then added, “And that, Kanye, is how you buy yourself some time.”

But on Sunday, Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt criticized the NBC program, accusing the late night staple of “popularizing antisemitism.”

“We shouldn’t expect @DaveChappelle to serve as society’s moral compass, but disturbing to see @nbcsnl not just normalize but popularize #antisemitism,” he wrote on Twitter. “Why are Jewish sensitivities denied or diminished at almost every turn? Why does our trauma trigger applause?”

The Jerusalem Post tweeted: “The American comedian Dave Chappelle said during his SNL monologue that he ‘denounces antisemitism in all its forms’… before promptly engaging in antisemitic tropes.”

While Time Out New York theater editor and critic Adam Feldman tweeted: “That Dave Chappelle SNL monologue probably did more to normalize anti-Semitism than anything Kanye said. Everyone knows Kanye is nuts. Chappelle posits himself as a teller of difficult truths. It’s worse.”

Yet Tangle News founder Isaac Saul tweeted: “Let me be the first Jew to say: Dave Chappelle’s SNL open last night was hilarious, timely, honest, and a reminder that he still understands this country better than a lot of people whose whole job is to understand the country. It’s okay to acknowledge there are a lot of Jews in media and Hollywood. And like Dave said, you can simultaneously note that it’s very stupid to think this means they are in some cabal controlling the world.”

NBC and SNL have not replied to requests for comment.

Chapelle keeps winning, lmao.

52 minutes ago, Lantis said:

OMG Keri Lake making moves! Her sympathizers are trying to take over the AZ capitol!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/midterm-elections-2022/kari-lake-election-deniers-protest-arizona-b2226290.html

Nah JK less than 20 people aint nothing to sneeze at 😂

NGL...you had me in the first half.  I was about to say "AGAIN!!?"

Jon Stewart (did not know he was jewish) showed up on Stephen Colbert last night and said Chappele normalized antisemitism which made me confused.  I'm gonna have to watch his monologue again cause I didn't quite get where the anti semitism was in it.

Interview in question in case people want to listen to it

Edit

This is also really disappointing to hear

Edited by Sonichuman
Just now, Sonero said:

That's because most R&B became shitty hip hop instrumental tracks. Okayish singers with bad song writing backed up by random hip hop interludes and other random stuff to it.

I still don't know how Pretty Ricky got famous.

You are describing most mainstream pop music nowdays.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Jon Stewart (did not know he was jewish) showed up on Stephen Colbert last night and said Chappele normalized antisemitism which made me confused.  I'm gonna have to watch his monologue again cause I didn't quite get where the anti semitism was in it.

Interview in question in case people want to listen to it

I don't think that's what he was getting at, if anything, he was defending Dave by saying, "It's already normal." He actually made a lot of really points in that interview.

54 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Kevin Durant basically calling his teammates trash and calling them by name is hilarious. Bonus points from LeBron liking the comment, the NBA is the Wild West now😂😂

315769224_10170585970177037_237895940181

Between Kyrie going crazy, Ben Simmons not working and all the other maladies going on with the Nets, Durant has been broken.

Should've stayed with the Warriors. Would've had 3 suitcases worth of rings by now.

😂