Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Million has figured out how to implant his thoughts in another's brain. Be very afraid.

sheeeeittt, Hershel is still wrong on that critical issue though.  Vampires still get the coolest powers and immortality...and immunity to disease.  Just by default, I'm always leaning towards vampirism being the superior choice.  I want the shadow powers, the blood sorcery, shapeshifting, flight, mind control, invisibility, super speed....oh yeah sign me up for allll that without question.... all for the low-low price of just having to avoid the sunlight and situations that may result in decapitation or a wooden stake through the heart.  

This reminds me I should look into 5th Edition Werewolf the Apocalypse though, as that just came out... I'm not as familiar with that werewolf side of that "World of Darkness" lore. (*Note--werewolves in WoD lore are quite overpowered though...and yep the average vamp wouldn't stand a chance and should just avoid any violent situation with them.)

Another supernatural I rarely bring up though----the djinn... that's another interesting one, imo... I'd be one of those.....so yeah if I were making a game where the player picks their "class" as one of the popular supernatural beings... "djinn" would be one of the choices.  Shapeshifting, invisibility, other amazing magical abilities, etc.  Oh yeah that's another good one.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

A very special episode of ....

Spider-man's Greatest moments:

In 1991, a classmate gave me two comics for my birthday (this one and ASM 357). The first one was a Marvel Tales reprint of the original story. 

I had no idea that it was printing an 8 year old story and that there were 4 main Spider-titles monthly at the time.

It was written by Roger Stern, drawn by John Romita Jr., and inked by John Romita Sr.  I knew nothing about Spider-man and this was my first exposure.

I began comics in 1989 with Uncle Scrooge and Marvel's G1 Transformers, but this was my first traditional superhero title (X-men vol. 2 soon followed)

"Shadow of Evil's Past"   (ASM 238)  (1983)

Iu9LJxlvsArKOuI-WStOA6zfp6HKihpT2hHNkpgi

Spider-man pursues some bank robbers after Aunt May and Nathan Lubensky (her fiancee) are nearly run over.

Spidey gets all but one who escapes into the sewers. 

By luck, the thug finds one of Norman Osborn's old Goblin hideouts and equipment.

He informs a mysterious man about it and transfers it to an old building, but is killed for his trouble.

There we see the man reflect on his new acquisition ...

2eM_-EWY827__FNsVZAwk4bdqFj2CRWqLlATHhrN

1oqOzGRX6H3egnk7DcbfuuzwBv2Tt0plkgrDm1JT

The Green Goblin is no more. But in his place now stands... THE HOBGOBLIN!

(Arguably one of my favorite splash pages in Spider-man and comics history!)

DVyDineVMAAZVoz?format=jpg&name=900x900

What an amazing comic with a Spectacular reveal and sinister conclusion!

I loved the teamwork between father and son on the illustration of this. I consider this to be one of the final masterpieces of that age of comic illustration. So beautiful and compelling.

51 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Watching Titans is like being in abusive relationship. Im hoping season 4 will change that lol 

It won't. Quit. You're just watching High School Musical, but sad; average looking people doing average things in average suits through below-average writing with above-average levels of make-up to make up for it.

Edited by Dayaan

Love seeing the Goblin love here especially Hobgoblin. Obviously he's fallen off since Norman's return in the mid-90s but his TAS run with Mark Hamill at the comms really put him over as one of my all-time faves. I also think MvC always needed a Goblin as apart from the symbiotes they had  the most FG friendly movelist given their weapons and powers.  

I got promoted to Freshcut partner which speaks volumes about how few FGC content creators there actually are that I'd be in the same company as Smug, Punk, Justin, JDCR etc. You can point to that article scaring people away but now that FC is opening their doors to all creators with the Partnership program being way stricter now than following EVO, I suppose that's on them for falling for sensationalist journalism. FC paid for a new pair of glasses and will most likely be paying for my trip to EVO next August. I kicked the tires on a meet-and-greet spot but I still want one of the big stages for an SFxT exhibition. 

Dr. B took over Vortex Gallery so maybe I can talk to him, but given all that happened last summer I'm going to wait until I exhaust my other options. 

Edited by Psychoblue

Ok, I thought Elon was tanking the company on purpose, then that he was just an idiot. Now, with that "Twitter 2.0" shit, I'm back to thinking he's doing it on purpose. There's no way he thought that would work out in his favor.

Assuming this isn't just massive idiocy, can anyone think of a reason he'd be tanking it on purpose?

Edited by axeman61

This is a wild ride of a read.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Assuming this isn't just massive idiocy, can anyone think of a reason he'd be tanking it on purpose?

Guy could just be a sociopath who got himself into a situation way above his skill level. Tesla cars aren't particularly well designed. Given how Tesla cars work, I'm surprised his rockets have managed to make it to space safely.

Who actually knows wtf is going on at this point.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I've never seen any of the original Superman movies so this was crazy as hell to me

The OG Superman 1978 is still one of the best comic movies IMO, but it's pretty campy.  Superman 2 is pretty decent also, but Superman 3 and 4 are absolute trash.  I do agree with @RSG3 Lois was a huge pain in Superman's ass especially in Superman 2.  I've always though Wonder Woman was a better ship, #FIGHTME.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I used to think he was tanking it on purpose but then I remembered that I give people in power too much credit. If the pandemic taught us anything, it is that they are dumb as shit. Elon fucked up.

8 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I'm still tripping off that Twitter 2.0 shit. Fool said to valuable programmers on a household name app "hey, you could get 3 months pay and look for another job, or work 12+ hour days with NO raise". Like that was a tough decision.

I do kind of wonder who's going to process all that severance pay when the people in the payroll dept are bouncing too.

I have noticed that my Twitter feed is now loading tweets 5 at a time instead of the usual  25.  I wonder if that's a deliberate move by a few desperate hangers-on to reduce system load so they can stay ahead of the collapse.

Edited by Reticently

Probably doesn't even matter. When you have in-demand skills and have programmed at a name everyone knows, you can find work quick. Though I myself have struggled in the job hunt, that's because I'm not on their level. I'd be shocked if they're even out of work for 3 months. Companies are probably already trying to snap them up.

I love that he used "hardcore" in the email. It brought it back to the 90s whenever everything was EXTREME because of the X games and the internet was new and we were the last decade of the Millenium.

I'd been like,

For sure, Elon, let's do an Unreal Tournament session, drink some Pepsi Crystal and eat some Doritos 3D. We're totally going to reinvent how people read drivel on the internet.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Ok, I thought Elon was tanking the company on purpose, then that he was just an idiot. Now, with that "Twitter 2.0" shit, I'm back to thinking he's doing it on purpose. There's no way he thought that would work out in his favor.

i know this much. the rumors of him being a reptoid alien from the draco race. planted on earth and into the hierachy of society to bring our civilization down from the inside out is becoming more believable by the minute lol.

5 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Well, the surprising news is that my estimated life expectancy changed where surgery won't handicap it originality. I've had acute liver damage due to the gallstone displacement. The damage is not severe thankfully.

I'm glad that they've finally gave me something conclusive from an MRI over the ultrasound. 

luckily for you the liver is an organ that can regenerate itself over time. as long as u dont injure it with drugs and alcohol. takes 3 years to regrow it back to full health. 

10 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Burning Twitter to the ground will only improve society.  Social Media was a mistake.

Sadly, social media isn't going anywhere. 

The only thing  the fall of Twitter will bring about is that fewer people will be under pressure to get to their god damned point in under a 1000 words when they post shit on the internet, lol.

At this point the only thing that can come from the fall of twitter is people less likely to get their bullshit called out...unfortunately.

Twitter exploding into smaller twitter like functions just means that you have society splitting into their preferred echo chamber.Not like people are smart enough to understand that they are moving themselves into those situations but there we are.

Its gotten easy and cool to beat on SJWs and lefties and all that other stuff. But the people on the right vastly underestimate how insanely fucking stupid they are. So it isn't like letting them rock is a better situation.

33 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Burning Twitter to the ground will only improve society.  Social Media was a mistake.

It's an incredible technology that society was ill prepared for and therefore has misused and abused in unimaginable ways. But nothing so far holds a candle to Tiktok.

TikTok is the final boss of Social Media and will rot a new generation to its core.