Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Is it? Dunno why peeps think democrats are supposed to be the "good guys" with functioning brains. Both parties are terrible.

my motto towards the two parties is

liberal dems=dumb

republican conservs=crazy.

dumb vs crazy. pick your poison.

but recently with maga movement+trump. right now dems are the lesser of two evils. i just want trump to disappear into forgotten obscurity. i dont trust how dangerously egomaniacal and narcissistic he is. and his cult that seems unconcerned about maintaining democracy or the 200+ years of the republic, just plain scares me. 

i wish trumpism had never happened. at all. jan 6th was more than a riot. it couldve ended the republic. no thanks to that.

i trust ben franklin. i follow ben, not trump.

2 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

why would u ever go to quatar, a muslim country, and expect to b allowed to drink alcohol. dumb as rocks. 

Alcohol was allowed until the 11th hour when they betrayed sponsors and did a u-turn a day before the games. This is not the Qatar Cup, this is the WORLD cup after all. Don't invite the world to your home if you can't accommodate something as basic as beers during sport events. If they weren't gonna allow alcohol period from the get-go I would've respected it, but what happened was deceptive and possibly foreshadows other contractual treacheries to come.

Anyway, I caught a glimpse of the events yesterday. While I don't find their method of climbing the international social ladder agreeable the venue and event looked splendid. For a moment it was nice to see everyone together again.

30 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Who says I have to pick? We can do better than either or. The one thing both parties want to work together on is preventing 3rd parties from fracturing the 2 party system. 

The way I see it is that each vote is a chess move. Not voting for parties per se but voting for a direction you want your country/people to move towards or away from - with all that entails such a move. 

The 2 party system limits the amount of moves you can make but it's a move nevertheless and over time these things gain momentum.

Of the 2 parties, Democrats are more likely at this time to help us become a space-faring civilization in the future so it's only logical to vote for them. But they are most certainly NOT the good guys, or even that good just better.

Edited by Daemos
On 11/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

@misterBeeCan we get an Angry reaction option. Sometimes the WTF face just won't do. 

I messed around with this but I don't think it works well with our current reaction system.

Currently 👎 is the only negative reaction.

When posts get a certain amount of negative reactions they get hidden.  I have it set this way so you guys can remove posts without admin/mod intervention. 

If I add angry/hate, it would probably also be a negative reaction.  I'm worried certain posts would get hidden by accident because people are reacting to an embedded twitter link they dislike rather than the post itself.

I'm also thinking of removing .  Does anyone use it?

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm also thinking of removing .  Does anyone use it?

I don't even know what it means or rather how it relates to "thrilling". Usually it's used ironically I guess (not thrilling at all?).

May I suggest this perfect emoji:

rKaOLYo.png4VEMXhP.png

It implies one is deriving great joy from the suffering of others. A rare but valid expression of our shared humanity.

It will also have the distinction of being the only emoji that turns negative into positive or positive into negative. TRUE POWER!

Edited by Daemos
7 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Is it? Dunno why peeps think democrats are supposed to be the "good guys" with functioning brains. Both parties are terrible.

One is siginificanty worse then the other currently, both parties are terrible but they aren't the same. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Who says I have to pick? We can do better than either or. The one thing both parties want to work together on is preventing 3rd parties from fracturing the 2 party system. 

They will also reach across the political isle to create bipartisan legislation whenever they need to fuck us over real good and hard.

7 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

liberal dems=dumb

but recently with maga movement+trump. right now dems are the lesser of two evils. i just want trump to disappear into forgotten obscurity. i dont trust how dangerously egomaniacal and narcissistic he is. and his cult that seems unconcerned about maintaining democracy or the 200+ years of the republic, just plain scares me. 

i wish trumpism had never happened. at all. jan 6th was more than a riot. it couldve ended the republic. no thanks to that.

Most politicians are egomaniacal and narcissistic, it's just a matter of what they think they can get away with. Our "democracy," at least at the federal level, is a choice between two corporate shills. At least North Korea makes no bones about the fact that you only really have one choice. Voting makes the most difference at the local level anyway because that's the level of government that affects your life most often.

Also the Republic was not going to end because of January 6th. If you legit think that, I don't even want to tell you about the Civil War.

5 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Sorry for the spam, but this is too funny..

MAKE THE BOOTY GO WHACK!

🤣

I'm beating a dead horse fixating on this stuff, but it's too alluring to see someone fail on so many levels. And to see his followers gobble his dick at every step. This guy is making obvious terrible decisions with Twitter every 2-3 days, and you still have a huge contingent of people saying we just don't get it.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:59 AM, BB_Hoody said:

Hey. If you had a young man in your life who looked to you for guidance and wisdom. What is some advice you'd give him. That you wish you had when you were his age?

Me? I wish I was advised on the importance of going above and beyond. Not just doing enough. Wether it be school, sports, a job, etc? When I was younger I was content with being average even though I was capable of more. It wasn't until the last 5 to 6 years I started to really apply myself.

I could be so much further in life right now. But making these moves at 31 is still pretty young. Life will be set up fine by the time I'm 40. But I could've been on easy street right now.

I would have told my younger self to be more vocal about how much better he is than everyone else at the things he does. It follows, then, that he must also understand that when learning something new, he should accept that almost everyone else will always be better than him. Knowing humility and pride in the right amounts would have helped so much as a kid.

If it's just any other younger kid, I would probably kick the kid in its throat. If I was held at gunpoint and had to give advice, I'd tell them that it's probably a good idea to fight with more adults because more often than not, they aren't any smarter than you.

Edited by Dayaan

before 2016 i wouldve rofl at this. but considering trump won. a dude with 0 history of being a civil servant, right off the street and into the oval office...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9527mx30i8wwgj30tosi0y

he may actually win. considering 2016's insanity of magaheads voting for someone off the street. no history of public service in any govt job. and how illogical maga people are.

not much difference between a kanye fan and a trump fan. or a elon fan for that matter.

8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I was born in 1980. 1980 to 2022 are as far apart as 1938 and 1980. 

Are you trying to make yourself feel "I gotta steal some souls" old? You don't need to do that if so. You just have to live life.

I knew I was getting old when I said "Fuck No" to myself scrolling past Joe Rogan tickets on Ticketmaster earlier this year. And it was all because of him showing his ass with COVID. I never let politics affect who I go to see for entertainment before, so that snuck up on me. I was kinda shocked I said it. But I guess that's me now. From what I've seen in the past, I like his stuff. But I would never put money in his pocket.

What's hypocritical is that I WOULD be seeing Louis CK if not for snow blocking me.

Edited by axeman61
18 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

liberal dems=dumb

I vote for green party or whoever isn't a rep or dem. They are all the same when you think about it deeply. 

The left is complete bullshit too, it's all about feelings over facts. It was highly proven here when I argued about putting in faith or religion classes just to mitigate the violent crazy outburts american's have as seen in school shootings. To me, i don't give a fuck about religion, if it can potentially stop school shootings then I'd give it a try. However the leftists here didn't care about stopping school shootings if it would cost having to listen to shit about God or whatever because their feelings. 

The black community, the biggest proof of the bullshit system of the left, in where they literally plant seeds in the black community to remain and think like they are victims which is all a tactic to farm us by keeping us down so we buy into their political bullshit. For example, dangerous neighborhoods that get revamped such as Jersey Heights. In order for these shit holes to become nice areas, the government has to boot out the residents who made the area a fucked up place and sadly the majority of these people are black.  So black's are getting forced out and the cry is because of racism. No. It's because you guys wanted to be all thug instead of finishing school hence why you live like shit and are the main problem with the area. We can't state such things because the left made it all a form of "racism" because they want to keep the black people down and dumb so they have a demographic that can talk all their bullshit too which is all a bunch of fancier ways to say "hey you can still be lazy and shit will get easier for you now".