Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

17 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Can't the kids smell them coming from a literal mile away, though?

Smashers aren't smart enough not to piss against the wind, much less not approach upwind.

Edited by JHDK
Hulk Smash. No pedo.

Yeah @TheInfernoman, I don't remember the exact # of the highest kill-combo, but it was also in the 300s... probably with either Wizard or Demon Hunter... I've always had my highest kill-streaks with those 2... DH's "GOD" build from the past 2 patches or so has been absolutely ridiculous....to the point that they toned something about it down with the upcoming patch.

...I'm looking forward to it, btw... the big deal is that they finally fixed the Firebird set and it's REALLY good now... haha I haven't played that set in years... most people haven't, I bet...some probably considered it to be the worst and most "un-fun" to play in the game.  They also changed the Rathma's set for Necros in some ways... one new detail I like is that it now will make your undead minions you've acquired to be PERMANENT!  For a long time, I wondered why they kept those on a timer... I would've had it designed that way from day 1; you "Raise Dead" and then they should just stay with you until enemies have destroyed them.  It doesn't make much sense for undead minions to only serve for a few seconds in battle.

It also powers up the "bone spirit" attack but I don't much care about that....that attack is too slow to be any real fun, imo.

oh yeah... the other big deal is a major overhaul to the Follower system, but I'm  more interested in how powerful Firebird set is now.... though conceptually, I still prefer to be a wizard that has Archon power in the mix, granting that "shonen power-up transformation!" fantasy.

Edited by MillionX

Outriders--- one little complaint I have about it... the way the gunplay "feels".  Could it be that I was just spoiled by the older Gears of War games?  Why do other games these days----mainly Gears 5 and now this one----it feels like I'm shooting a toy gun like "Nerf" from Toys R Us or somethin... like there's no "weight" to the shots at all....even the shotguns.  Where is the *meaty* sound as you blast some chump to pieces?  Instead of a solid sound it's like....someone throwing a ball of paper at another sheet of paper... it's more annoying the more I think about how wrong that is.  Firearms... especially shotgun types should sound and feel devastating...as it is in real life; truly a "boomstick" of major bodily destruction.  Why is it we're getting a wimpy ass "tink tink" instead of "BOOM!" sounds (perhaps with a quick trigger of the vibration of the controller?) these days?  It's not quite as fun if the guns in a game don't seem all that powerful in their presentation.  At least Outriders also has supernatural powers backing up the combat though....ah, they probably wanted the focus to be a bit more on that, I bet.

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I'm not too worried about the storage space of the PS5.

I sure as shit am. 

I wasn't worried when I picked up my PS4 in 2015, but by the end of the console cycle, that bitch could only fit like 4 games on it. 

And the fact that games seem to be getting bigger and bigger, I don't want to have to do the hokey pokey everything I want to start a new game. 

All my PS4 games are on external storage, and as soon as I can add additional storage for PS5 game I'm going to pick it up 

Edited by KingTubb
5 hours ago, MillionX said:

Yeah @TheInfernoman, I don't remember the exact # of the highest kill-combo, but it was also in the 300s... probably with either Wizard or Demon Hunter... I've always had my highest kill-streaks with those 2... DH's "GOD" build from the past 2 patches or so has been absolutely ridiculous....to the point that they toned something about it down with the upcoming patch.

...I'm looking forward to it, btw... the big deal is that they finally fixed the Firebird set and it's REALLY good now... haha I haven't played that set in years... most people haven't, I bet...some probably considered it to be the worst and most "un-fun" to play in the game.  They also changed the Rathma's set for Necros in some ways... one new detail I like is that it now will make your undead minions you've acquired to be PERMANENT!  For a long time, I wondered why they kept those on a timer... I would've had it designed that way from day 1; you "Raise Dead" and then they should just stay with you until enemies have destroyed them.  It doesn't make much sense for undead minions to only serve for a few seconds in battle.

It also powers up the "bone spirit" attack but I don't much care about that....that attack is too slow to be any real fun, imo.

oh yeah... the other big deal is a major overhaul to the Follower system, but I'm  more interested in how powerful Firebird set is now.... though conceptually, I still prefer to be a wizard that has Archon power in the mix, granting that "shonen power-up transformation!" fantasy.

They nerfed the ever living shit out of GOD.

And all because if an obscenely high level player fishes GRs for a few months, they have lotto odds of getting a rift with Missel Dampening next to a few other packs.

Yeah. Ruin the only viable DH build. Don't fix Missel Dampening which is not only an easy fix, but a systemic problem in its current form.

I won't be playing, yet again.

If they'd kept the 4th Kanai slot as permanent, and also non-seasonal, I'd have come back in spite of there only being just 4 classes (Witch Doctor got nerfed into 0 viable builds too).

Edited by JHDK

A homie of mine was telling my P5R is his favorite game of all time and asked when I thought P6 would drop. 

I said, considering there was 4 years between P4G and P5, and that SMT5 is dropping soon, I wouldn't expect anything dropping stateside until late 2023/early 2024. 

He asked what SMT was. 

Then I explained that Persona is like Apex Legends (another game he loves) which is a spin-off that did it's own thing so well that people forget that it's a spin off. 

The he bugged out cause he didn't know Apex is a spin off lololol 

12 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

A homie of mine was telling my P5R is his favorite game of all time and asked when I thought P6 would drop. 

I said, considering there was 4 years between P4G and P5, and that SMT5 is dropping soon, I wouldn't expect anything dropping stateside until late 2023/early 2024. 

He asked what SMT was. 

Then I explained that Persona is like Apex Legends (another game he loves) which is a spin-off that did it's own thing so well that people forget that it's a spin off. 

The he bugged out cause he didn't know Apex is a spin off lololol 

It's not surprising the popularity of Persona surpassed that of it's mother series and Atlus stopped using the SMT branding for Persona with vanilla P4. If it weren't for the fact that the series shadows are SMT demons it's connection to SMT would be completely lost.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

it's connection to SMT would be completely lost

I totally agree, I just think it's funny that if P5R is your favorite game of all time, you wouldn't google it to try and find where you can play more games in the series🤣 He was just so enamored with P5 that he didn't think to take a look at the rest of the series  

Shin Megami Tensei or some shit.  Fuckin' weird how I can remember that.  Ive never even played one of those games and I only played Persona 4 a bit.  Probably from reading it in EGM.

Anyhow, I'm with Million.  I cant stand when I'm playing a game and I shoot a gun and it gives me the feeling of a water gun.  Need dope sound and screen shaking.  One of the reasons I love Synthetik so much.  Sound is fuckin' dope.  Feels so good with the t-800 in that game, hitting active reload and blastin'.  Its a single shot lever action shotgun.  Its dope.

I dunno about this.  That shit causes performance issues with some games.  That and its hard as shit to crack.  But I dont think console players are worried about that.  But the performance hit it could have if implemented into games could be shitty.

https://wololo.net/2021/03/11/ps5-denuvo-anti-cheat-now-part-of-tools-available-to-game-developers/

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
42 minutes ago, iStu X said:

What an amazing list of games that can barely run correctly 

Why you go and ruin the terms "run" and "correctly" by using them in not 100% completely opposite to positive phraseology?

Even "barely" is offended by magnitudes.

<<< is still occasionally playing his Resto boosted Demigod of a Dragonborn.

1 hit kills on literally everything, for days.

Gears 5 early morning Horde shenanigans... I went thru 2 quick Horde sessions before work this morning... Infiltrator class (*formerly known as the Scout from part 4) has ridiculous shotgun bonus damage, and another for being invisible from your ultimate... this was only Beginner difficulty but I still wanted to see it---a "Stump" enemy popped up; I had to do it... Ultimate/Invisibility-->> close range... *BOOM* with the shotgun.  That bitch's entire healthbar went red and disappeared, man...it didn't even get a chance to do anything.  I love it when some shit is so busted that the cpu doesn't even get to play the game. 🤣  Of course I'm intrigued to see how good that still is on the various higher difficulties though.  Even on Experienced and Advanced, the scout/"Infiltrator" class still seems pretty damn ridiculous to me...and this is the "toned down" version, btw.  Previously, you could get a bleed-damage bonus even if you were hitting shots from a distance; they changed it a while ago so that you have to at least be close to get that bleed effect. 

Edited by MillionX
21 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Gears 5 early morning Horde shenanigans... I went thru 2 quick Horde sessions before work this morning... Infiltrator class (*formerly known as the Scout from part 4) has ridiculous shotgun bonus damage, and another for being invisible from your ultimate... this was only Beginner difficulty but I still wanted to see it---a "Stump" enemy popped up; I had to do it... Ultimate/Invisibility-->> close range... *BOOM* with the shotgun.  That bitch's entire healthbar went red and disappeared, man...it didn't even get a chance to do anything.  I love it when some shit is so busted that the cpu doesn't even get to play the game. 🤣  Of course I'm intrigued to see how good that still is on the various higher difficulties though.  Even on Experienced and Advanced, the scout/"Infiltrator" class still seems pretty damn ridiculous to me...and this is the "toned down" version, btw.  Previously, you could get a bleed-damage bonus even if you were hitting shots from a distance; they changed it a while ago so that you have to at least be close to get that bleed effect. 

Yo.

I read you say in here that you play Skyrim.

The game is oddly compelling for being a literal electronic analogy to COVID.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Apparently during the Bethesda roundtable, Phill said this about Bethesda "If you’re an Xbox customer, this is about delivering great exclusive games for you, on platforms where Game Pass exists"

Which is pretty inline with "buying your portfolio"

Vids

Hide contents

ALL YOUR BASIC ARE BELONG TO ERRORUS.

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

Yo.

I read you say in here that you play Skyrim.

The game is oddly compelling for being a literal electronic analogy to COVID.

Yeah, there is quite the love/hate relationship with this game over the years.  I was just thinking about it earlier today... that if Skyrim were as stable as nearly anything else I've enjoyed playing over the years.... like say---Diablo 3 (*9 years of regular play... I have probably between 1500 to 2000 hours total on this game.... and it can be counted on 1 hand the # of times I recall it crashing or having any kind of terrible nonsense going on.... same deal for Kingdoms of Amlur; at least several hundred hours total over the years on multiple platforms--- it has crashed maybe once or twice? ..and that was the "Re-reckoning" [also 1 moment where the camera view got stuck under the ground; so far just that 1 time.]...I don't remember any problems with the original.)... if only Skyrim could be that stable... it would no doubt be somewhere inside the Top 5... maybe even Top 3 if I were to make a list of my favorite "Greatest of All Time" games.... I loved it that much.  The technical issues just kept on irking me to the point where I stopped having fun.

I am still early** into ESO but have had no problems so far though.... I suspect that's because it appears to be handled/developed entirely by Zenimax instead of Bethesda though.  It's sad that this is probably the only glimpse we'll ever see of what a non-Bethesda developed Elder Scrolls would be like...something that actually runs just fine.....such a shame it has to be MMO though. 😞 

(**Nightblade Redguard, a mere level 18, so yeah...still quite fresh to the game.  My character is a vampire OF COURSE. 😆)

Street Fighter Of Course GIF

33 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, there is quite the love/hate relationship with this game over the years.  I was just thinking about it earlier today... that if Skyrim were as stable as nearly anything else I've enjoyed playing over the years.... like say---Diablo 3 (*9 years of regular play... I have probably between 1500 to 2000 hours total on this game.... and it can be counted on 1 hand the # of times I recall it crashing or having any kind of terrible nonsense going on.... same deal for Kingdoms of Amlur; at least several hundred hours total over the years on multiple platforms--- it has crashed maybe once or twice? ..and that was the "Re-reckoning" [also 1 moment where the camera view got stuck under the ground; so far just that 1 time.]...I don't remember any problems with the original.)... if only Skyrim could be that stable... it would no doubt be somewhere inside the Top 5... maybe even Top 3 if I were to make a list of my favorite "Greatest of All Time" games.... I loved it that much.  The technical issues just kept on irking me to the point where I stopped having fun.

I am still early** into ESO but have had no problems so far though.... I suspect that's because it appears to be handled/developed entirely by Zenimax instead of Bethesda though.  It's sad that this is probably the only glimpse we'll ever see of what a non-Bethesda developed Elder Scrolls would be like...something that actually runs just fine.....such a shame it has to be MMO though. 😞 

(**Nightblade Redguard, a mere level 18, so yeah...still quite fresh to the game.  My character is a vampire OF COURSE. 😆)

Street Fighter Of Course GIF

I've currently got a Breton (best racial bonus, imo), who is maxed in Stealth Archery, with zero encumbrance Light Armor.

He leaves the wife and kids at one of the 3 manses, and rolls across Tamriel with Serena, making the occasion stop over at the other 2 mansions with her.

Yes indeed, only his mighty maxed out 100% Magic Absorbent Breton Boner can please Serena beyond being fucked to death by Molag Bal.

She is no longer even a vampire, due solely to his High Rock Cock. To rampantly riff all over Trainspotting, Serena chooses life, and endless little deaths.

EDIT:

In fully maxed out Foresworn Armor.

Edited by JHDK

oh yeah... Skyrim---mannn the adventures my characters have had in that, back when I enjoyed the game more... my first character was an Orc. (a "double damage" racial bonus power =  delicious...that helped me prevail in fights that I never should've survived)  I still remember that first day of playing, and the first dragon I killed (thanks to that Orc double-damage 😄 )... and of course the first cave where I found some vamps so I could get turned... this was when the game was new, so Dawnguard DLC wasn't there yet to improve the vampire situation.  This also reminds me... I never got around to finishing the main story in that; I don't even recall what it was.  The appeal of Skyrim was in going on my own adventures.  This was another odd thing about that game... the sidequests and the random stuff you could do was much more interesting than the actual main story.

so many great moments... there was that one time I was ambushed by some werebears!  ...oh yes, folks... werebears are a thing in Skyrim.  I actually *had* to transform to my vampire lord form to retake control of that fight....caught me totally by surprise there; out of nowhere these dudes run up and then suddenly...*transformation*->>BEARS. 😮  Vampire Lord form is quite OP though... heh, the power is insane, especially when you get all the perks.  I'm glad the devs apparently didn't care about balance and just let the player have fun with it.  In most games, a super-form like that is limited... but nope---you could stay in that monstrous "Lord" form indefinitely if you want.  ESO has that form (*well, it's called "Blood Scion" in that game, I think...and looks a bit different, but same deal... you transform into large monster; the true face of your vampiric nature), but of course it's an "Ultimate" and thus limited in usage.

I know someone who bought the game and has had it for years... but never played it.  I just don't get that line of thinking... to buy shit you don't ever play.  It makes no sense.  At this point, I doubt he will ever play it.

Edited by MillionX
On 3/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, YourFavGrandpa said:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say nah, Bethsoft games are PC/XBox going forward. Stuff like Doom Eternal and Deathloop will be supported through their respective roadmaps.

Remember when I said this ... looks like I called it, based on the showcase Microsoft did recently.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
boob

Diablo 3..

whoah, I didn't even think about how Mirror Images would play with the new Firebird setup.. apparently it's quite ridiculous... ohhhhh I'm looking forward to this patch so damn much...

edit-- I love how insane the damage numbers are in this game....notice the "T"s showing up on occasion.  Yes, folks... in the wild world of D3... TRILLIONS of damage is actually a regular thing that isn't too surprising at this point.  TRILLIONS. 😆

Edited by MillionX