Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

On 3/18/2021 at 8:16 PM, iStu X said:

That’s Diantha. She is the Kalos League Champion from Pokémon X/Y. The reason people are exciting is because Pokémon is (very) slowly becoming what it’s always touted: Something that can be enjoyed by everyone. 

Inclusion of LGBT characters is a great start. There’s a gay character in Sword and Shield as well. He’s the the main character of the games second DLC pack, The Frozen Tundra. 

Honestly the best thing about is they don’t parade the fact or shove the fact in someone’s face that x or y person is gay. They just mention in passing or descriptions of the characters you read through various means. 

Its inclusion without making a big deal. They want to to be a big deal to the players. Not to have people focus on that person which may or may not cause controversy.

It’s in the same vein of why the scene where Miles Morales using ASL to talk to a girl in his game was so significant and important to the deaf community 

I wouldn’t be surprised as the series goes on, new games are made, etc that revisions to characters happen and new characters of that represent other groups of people are introduced. 

I can easily see a trans character, a blind character, a wheel chair bound character, etc all playing pivotal roles in Pokémon in the future. Just as easy as I can see legacy characters being retconned. The latter is fine as long as it’s done properly; like Diantha. 

Funny enough, not the first LGBT character from X/Y games. One of the NPCs you can battle is implied to be a Transgender woman so it’s not the first time a Pokémon game has done this.

Edited by BornWinner

Is it me with my build or the Sentry Bots in the old Silo/ The Divide is relatively easy. 
Sure they fucked my guy up a bit, but nothing a few sim packs can't help.

Acquired ED-E who does all the hacking for me as I got a Whopping 1 Int, But when you got 61 skill in Guns, a 10 Agi and a grenade launcher its a piece of cake 

I also acquired the outfit you see in all the Promo materials of NV, so thats cool. 

I also went around before that and shot any NCR I found. 

23 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

apparently people are going nuts because some character came out as a lesbian?

snip

Tell me exactly how that does come as declaring yourself as a lesbian.

Niggas want to declare anything as coming out of the closet those days it seems.

Like how the Mulan superior suposedly is an LBTQ icon because he became a romantic interest of her when she was revealed to be a woman, despite never showing any romantic interest for her while disguised as a man.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

so the egg is that powerful in RE4, huh

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/m63w5e/egg_vs_truck/

Had a good chuckle at this comment as it played in my head

Ashley: "Where'd you even learn something like that?"

Leon: "Picked it up from a career of dedicated police work."

*Years earlier*

Mr. X: "STOP THROWING EGGS AT ME, YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

Leon: "No!"

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Like how the Mulan superior suposedly is an LBTQ icon because he became a romantic interest of her when she was revealed to be a woman, despite never showing any romantic interest for her while disguised as a man.

That shit annoys me too. People can't comprehend that what a bromence is and it's possible to be affectionate without being romantic. 

Me and a friend attempted to take on Magnamalo in the Monster Hunter Rise demo.  Saying it didn't go well is an understatement.  They give you 15 minutes....15 minutes of plaaaaaaayytiiiiiiimme.  The moment me, the friend, and 2 randos made it to where Magnamalo was he was immediately like 'NO....AND FUCK YOU ALL FOR EVEN THINKING YOU COULD!'  immediately one shoted 3 of us 1 after the other in short order LITTERALLY within the span of 10 seconds.    We haven't tried again but he definitely made his 1st impression.

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Me and a friend attempted to take on Magnamalo in the Monster Hunter Rise demo.  Saying it didn't go well is an understatement.  They give you 15 minutes....15 minutes of plaaaaaaayytiiiiiiimme.  The moment me, the friend, and 2 randos made it to where Magnamalo was he was immediately like 'NO....AND FUCK YOU ALL FOR EVEN THINKING YOU COULD!'  immediately one shoted 3 of us 1 after the other in short order LITTERALLY within the span of 10 seconds.    We haven't tried again but he definitely made his 1st impression.

That probaly means that you are unde equipped for him if the monster was able to oneshot most of you.

It would be good to prepare an armor set that either counteracts any stuff he can abuse, or a set that allows you to have more survivability.

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

That probaly means that you are unde equipped for him if the monster was able to oneshot most of you.

It would be good to prepare an armor set that either counteracts any stuff he can abuse, or a set that allows you to have more survivability.

The demo doesn't give you armor you can pick.  Everything is already set.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Tell me exactly how that does come as declaring yourself as a lesbian.

Niggas want to declare anything as coming out of the closet those days it seems.

I have met people like that, going crazy over small things.

Recently Kitty from the X-men comics kissed some girl at a tattoo shop and people were like SHE'S A LESBIAN

6fes1rtqe4m51.png

15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Fucking stupid ass big ass knight 🤬

I get so close to beating him and then he kills the fuck out of me. At least I'm smart enough to lure him back to the bonfire so I get my souls and humanity back right away. But, fuck.

Which Knight? What does he look like? 

10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Which Knight? What does he look like? 

The one in the Undead Burg. Looks like he's guarding an item. I kill all the fucks leading up to him and then he starts chasing me when I approach. Has a big fucking sword and shield, and huge.

I found another knight at the bottom of a spiraling stairs and HE'S got a giant club that one shots me. So I ain't fucking with him just yet.

But that first motherfucker I can almost beat by getting backstabs in. Except my broad sword is about broken now so I'm using the reinforced club I bought from the merchant dude. 

10 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

The one in the Undead Burg. Looks like he's guarding an item. I kill all the fucks leading up to him and then he starts chasing me when I approach. Has a big fucking sword and shield, and huge.

I found another knight at the bottom of a spiraling stairs and HE'S got a giant club that one shots me. So I ain't fucking with him just yet.

But that first motherfucker I can almost beat by getting backstabs in. Except my broad sword is about broken now so I'm using the reinforced club I bought from the merchant dude. 

Yea that first Black Knight. He's an asshole. You'll grow to like most of em tho. 

You also found Havel. Yea he hits really hard. He's totally worth dealing with tho definitely remember he is there. 

Edited by RSG3
7 hours ago, Chadouken said:

One thing I found about what little I've played of DS1 is that they dangle things in front of you that you aren't really supposed to get into at that point, like that cemetery beer the beginning. I beat that black knight but I think I had to be really strategic about how I did it. This year is going to be the year I beat dark souls 1 finally. 

My gut feeling is that they really want to do a MCU universe and purely want Johnny to be sequel bait. 

I have a feeling there will be a post credit scene briefly showing Johnny.   

Kano will be probably be "good" for most of this film and then betray them towards the end ,leaving an opening for a new hero.  

On 3/20/2021 at 2:25 PM, BornWinner said:

Why Johnny Cage will not be in the new MK movie

Kano has some funny lines at times but saying that he and Cage overlap is blatantly wrong.

That's a weird excuse.  Kano does wisecrack but he's more crude than anything as opposed to Johnny who is less dark while erring closer to goof.  They could have easily wrote around the both of them with out each other taking uo the same space or even had them at odds with eah other making it easier for the actors to play off.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Again...I can't disagree with you more.   Granted Cage wasn't really that important in the original timeline, he's still beloved.  People were SO PISSED when he died 5 minutes into Annihilation lol.

I dunno.

I think even the original timeline was setting him up to be pretty boss.

He fought his way back from the realm of the dead, in UMK3, after being killed by Kintaro.

Not even Scorpion managed THAT on his own.

9 minutes ago, JHDK said:

I dunno.

I think even the original timeline was setting him up to be pretty boss.

He fought his way back from the realm of the dead, in UMK3, after being killed by Kintaro.

Not even Scorpion managed THAT on his own.

They weren't setting him up to do anything in the original timeline.  He was cocky comic relief goof with martial arts skills and he continued that in 4 and through to Armageddon.  It wasn't until the soft reboot that he became more important.

Scorp didn't have to fight his way out of hell since he could come and go as he pleases.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

No Johnny Cage in the new movie is a HUGE Ooof. 

But what did Johnny brought to the table? He offered nothing to advanced the plot of the series, he exist as a parody of actors like Jean-Claude Van Damme and nothing more. 
He did shit but be the comedic jack ass in the games and movies till the reboot, and even then he offered little to the table other than variety.

Dan in Street Fighter offered more 

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

People were SO PISSED when he died 5 minutes into Annihilation lol.

That was the only time I found Johnny funny, or had value in MK (as cannon fodder). 

Johnny Cage does add variety in regards to the games. I think it is over-literal and unsubtle to have a character be a movie actor inside a movie where I assume a more serious tone is trying to be achieved. Kano as a snarky bad guy makes sense, and more characters like that will subtract from that goal. It would be like Batman telling jokes while fighting the Joker.

5 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

But what did Johnny brought to the table? He offered nothing to advanced the plot of the series, he exist as a parody of actors like Jean-Claude Van Damme and nothing more. 
He did shit but be the comedic jack ass in the games and movies till the reboot, and even then he offered little to the table other than variety.

Johnny could have been the audience surrogate. Johnny didn't go into Mortal Kombat knowing it was a cross dimensional tournament with major stakes to his realm and the politics involved with it. He thought it was a blog standard material arts tournament to prove to his critics he wasn't a fake. It would have made far more sense for the movie to have used him in this role instead of creating an OC. 

Johnny’s popularity has everything to do with the first movie. They wrote him as the audiences perspective but also made him a funny and charismatic dude you wanted to see kick ass. 

between that and the original timeline being fleshed out he became one of the most popular characters in the history of the franchise. And not even because he was one of the core 7 fighters. 

his character was great, when you paid attention to the story (especially pre-reboot continuity) it was awesome and his gameplay while not always top tier it was still amazingly fun to fuck around with. 

post-reboot Johnny was great too. He’s just a good character