Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

28 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'm so fucking confused.

FF7R Integrated = PS5 release of FF7 remake

Sounds like you can only play as Yuffie in her little side story and it appears to be the only addition to the version.

FF7: The First Soldier = The mobile-only Battle Royale game

FF7 Ever Crisis =  The mobile-only RPG.

Will revisit the entirety of the FF7 series through chapter based segments. All chapters will be free to play.

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I don't see FF7R wrapping up with part 2 personally. I see this as a 3 parter at least. 

I don't either but is there direct quote where they say that? Based on Stu's post, I got the impression that they were saying they are focusing completely on FFVR Part 2 and there is no other side content like Yuffie's content in the works. Not that the game will wrap up in Part 2. I can't see the game being less than 3 parts.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't either but is there direct quote where they say that? Based on Stu's post, I got the impression that they were saying they are focusing completely on FFVR Part 2 and there is no other side content like Yuffie's content in the works. Not that the game will wrap up in Part 2. I can't see the game being less than 3 parts.

My post was more a response to Jabhadouken. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Um...no? I'm just disagreeing that WE will have FF7R done in two installments. I have 0 proof of this, just a gut feeling. 

I think I misinterpreted what Stu wrote.

I'll gladly cede it, and despite not being a fan of 7, I do hope that Square actually finishes what they started, this time.

If you're curious as to what the costumes at Super Nintendo World are like then Gamexplain has a video up

The mouths move when they talk and Peach as far as I can tell actually has sentences...Don't know if she can actually fully converse or not.  I do NOT envy anyone if they actually have to do Toad's voice.  Also I know Peach generally speaks english but it still kinda weird that she doesn't speak Japanese to the people.

Edited by Sonichuman

that DOOM DLC is ready, folks...

*well, stream no longer available, it seems.

edit--still no luck finding the physical version of Switch Kingdoms of Amalur.. 

More EASY MS Rewards points, folks... there's some Black Girls Rock or whatever charitable kinda thing on there which is another easy 1000 points--- 500 per achievement x 2.

*recent trip to the store; I finally saw a Switch Lite on display... first time I've seen it out of the box, actually.  It's not as much of a difference as I previously thought.  I still wouldn't get one though, for various reasons... for one I still like having the option of hooking up to a tv/monitor, and removing the joycons to use a pro controller.

Edited by MillionX

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection runs in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on PS5, Xbox Series, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and PC

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection will run at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second when played on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One, and PC (depending on your PC specifications), publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja announced.

Team Ninja noted that resolution and frame rate may drop temporarily depending on the action happening on the screen.

In addition to the $39.99 / 4,950 yen standard and digital editions, Koei Tecmo also confirmed that a digital Deluxe Edition will be available for $49.99 / 6,050 yen. This includes a 70-page digital art book and over 180-track digital soundtrack.

Ninja-Gaiden-Master-Collection-Deluxe-Ed

39 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

People care about Puyo Puyo lore?? 

I just can't keep up with gamers anymore man, I'm turning in my controller and all my mountain dew Halo Game Fuel 

Put a cutscene in a game, some percentage of people will care about it.

Plus it helps that it also has an RPG series that’s canon to the games.

Edited by BornWinner
32 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Oh I have the same feeling SE is going to milk this for all it's worth. 

Depends on what you mean by Milk. Those mobile spin offs are definitely milk, but I think the core 7R experience will round out to a neat little trilogy. 

Not that I care about Puyo Puyo Lore, but the few I've played in English have funny stories. 

My question is why can't a game like Puyo Puyo have lore people could care about? Y'all just don't know about Tetris Right Angles dark past. 

Edited by RSG3
24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

My question is why can't a game like Puyo Puyo have lore people could care about? Y'all just don't know about Tetris Right Angles dark past. 

You had my interest at puyo puyo lore, now you have my attention

24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Those mobile spin offs are definitely milk,

They are, but ever crisis is intriguing. I've played a lot of turn based JRPGs on my phone and if I can do all of FF7's story including all the extra stuff while I take my morning constitutional, sign me up

Edited by KingTubb

After a long break from playing it I’m back to playing Bravely Default II. In fact, I just beat it. Lol. 

game is a lot of fun. Game is pretty basic in terms of story and gameplay. But I’m honestly fine with that. I love traditional JRPGs that don’t add a lot of fluff to them. Just gimme a decent story with some basic commands and lemme figure out the in-depth stuff on my own. 

all the job classes were super fun to mess around with. You can even dual class too. The cosmetic changes were really well done too for the most part.

My final party was pretty balanced. 2 attackers that could also buff the party, one designated healer and one pure attacker. There’s some super busted abilities and classes in the game. 

Spoiler

There’s also 4 different endings. Though only 2 of them are real. The first two are reveled to be some minority report “what will happen” bs. Then there is the one true ending and lastly there is a “secret ending” in new game plus which you unlock by winning a “scripted” boss battle that happens early in the game. 

Great game over all. I had a blast playing it. The Job classes power leveling thing @nickmanx5 told me about kinda broke the game for me. It was in a good way though so it’s fine. Lol

the music was amazing too. 

My only real complain is that I wish the game world was bigger and had more towns/meaningful locations. Cause the world is very small. 

there is also a new game plus where instead of getting to carry everything over you get to choose what gets brought over. Which I think is a very cool idea. I don’t plan on doing it anytime soon. But I thought it was a unique way to have the player create unique challenges for themselves. 

Oh, and the ending totally sets up for a sequel similar to how the first bravely default had Second Layer as its sequel. 

Overall very high 8/10 for me. 

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

After a long break from playing it I’m back to playing Bravely Default II. In fact, I just beat it. Lol. 

game is a lot of fun. Game is pretty basic in terms of story and gameplay. But I’m honestly fine with that. I love traditional JRPGs that don’t add a lot of fluff to them. Just gimme some basic commands and lemme figure out the in-depth stuff on my own. 

all the job classes were super fun to mess around with. The cosmetic changes were really well done too for the most part. My final party was a mix of Buffer/Attacker, Healer, Buffer/Attacker, Pure Attacker. There’s some super busted abilities and classes in the game. 

Reveal hidden contents

There’s also 4 different endings. Though only 2 of them are real. The first two are reveled to be some minority report “what will happen” bs. Then there is the one true ending and lastly there is a “secret ending” in new game plus which you unlock by winning a “scripted” boss battle that happens early in the game. 

Great game over all. I had a blast playing it. The JP power leveling thing @nickmanx5 told me about kinda broke the game for me. It was in a good way though so it’s fine. Lol

the music was amazing too. 

My only real complain is that I wish the game world was bigger and had more towns/meaningful locations. Cause the world is very small. 

there is also a new game plus where instead of getting to carry everything over you get to choose what gets brought over. Which I think is a very cool idea. I don’t plan on doing it anytime soon. But I thought it was a unique way to have the player create unique challenges for themselves. 

Oh, and the ending totally sets up for a sequel similar to how the first bravely default had Second Layer as its sequel. 

Overall very high 8/10 for me. 

What was your score for Octopath?

Looking for a frame of reference. 🙂

7 minutes ago, JHDK said:

What was your score for Octopath?

Looking for a frame of reference. 🙂

I actually haven’t beat octopath. I was probably about 80% through the game. The reason I stopped playing is I got stuck on an optional boss that unlocks an advanced class. So I rage quit. Lol. 

but going off everything I did play I’d say an incredibly high 7. I actually thought about going back to it and beating it but it’s been so long since I’ve played I feel I’d need to start a fresh file. The trick is I sunk almost 90 hours into my current file and I don’t want that to go to waste so-to-speak. 

I 100% recommend the game though. It ticks almost every box I have when it comes to JRPGs.  I have it for switch but if you wanna play it on steam it’s 50% off. It’s also coming to game pass. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

apparently people are going nuts because some character came out as a lesbian

That’s Diantha. She is the Kalos League Champion from Pokémon X/Y. The reason people are exciting is because Pokémon is (very) slowly becoming what it’s always touted: Something that can be enjoyed by everyone. 

Inclusion of LGBT characters is a great start. There’s a gay character in Sword and Shield as well. He’s the the main character of the games second DLC pack, The Frozen Tundra. 

Honestly the best thing about is they don’t parade the fact or shove the fact in someone’s face that x or y person is gay. They just mention in passing or descriptions of the characters you read through various means. 

Its inclusion without making a big deal. They want to to be a big deal to the players. Not to have people focus on that person which may or may not cause controversy.

It’s in the same vein of why the scene where Miles Morales using ASL to talk to a girl in his game was so significant and important to the deaf community 

I wouldn’t be surprised as the series goes on, new games are made, etc that revisions to characters happen and new characters of that represent other groups of people are introduced. 

I can easily see a trans character, a blind character, a wheel chair bound character, etc all playing pivotal roles in Pokémon in the future. Just as easy as I can see legacy characters being retconned. The latter is fine as long as it’s done properly; like Diantha. 

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

apparently people are going nuts because some character came out as a lesbian?

I eagerly await the day, when, a few years from now, Nintendo feels it is safe to have Ash finally come out as straight.

Twatter will go into full Omae wa mo Shindeiru mode, even as their own heads asplode into gooey chunks of pink, blue, and red.